Worst state and best state for gun owners

What is the worst and best state for gun owners?

Attached: IMG_5802.png (959x593, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsandammo.com/second-amendment/best-states-for-gun-owners-2017/
gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/
usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/30/package-gun-restrictions-set-become-law-vermont/475212002/
lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best
>PA
>Arizona
Worst
>Commiefornia

Kansas was very nice. Coming from someone who moved away from it, I feel the pain.

Maryland, and it just got worse

Best- West Virginia. Constitutional carry and just passed a law so employers can't search your car for a weapon even if company policy forbids it.

Attached: 1506360594747m.jpg (1024x711, 79K)

>PA
>Has a cuck AWB in the works, no constitutional carry, and can't hunt with semi-autos.

Explain how it's anything better than anything barely passable.

The AWB is not happening in a million years

You're right about the semi-auto hunting restriction, its fucking fudds screwing us

I really hate California and I live here.

Worst
>Either MA or NY
Best
>AZ hands down

"That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms, ammunition, and accessories typical to the normal function of such arms, in defense of his home, person, family and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned. The rights guaranteed by this section shall be unalienable. Any restriction on these rights shall be subject to strict scrutiny and the state of Missouri shall be obligated to uphold these rights and shall under no circumstances decline to protect against their infringement. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the general assembly from enacting general laws which limit the rights of convicted violent felons or those adjudicated by a court to be a danger to self or others as result of a mental disorder or mental infirmity."

Wait, I can't hunt with my SKS? What the fuck?

>round is chambered via gas operated bolt instead of my hand
>THIS IS EVIL AND NOT FOR HUNTING. NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE THESE FOR HUNTING.
fuck me, I didn't know this state was so retarded

>Worst
Right now, NY or CA. Soon, seriously, NJ. After a recent "poll," mumurs of a complete semi-auto ban are around. That and give it some time before there is background checks for ammo.

>Best
Anything not blue.

Maine is among the best

>Cities of the first class laws
Get the fuck out of here Quaker.

New Jersey is objectively the worst state for the 2nd Amendment. There is so much wrong there and it will never get better.

After that probably Massachusetts and then New York. California in a distant 4th.

Michigan isn't too bad on the whole, if full of fudds.

I was thinking laws only (our AWB is rather tame for now). Based on state culture, you are more than 100% correct.

I swear if another civil war starts it will probably start in NJ, just because between jack-boot state troopers, out of touch corrupt politicians, judges that just don't give a shit about legality and fustrated as fuck gun owner; someone is going to end up shooting instead of loosing their guns in a boating accident.

Ohio isn't godawful but there are age restrictions on handguns

Can't hunt with straight-walled rounds.

I mean just in terms of laws.

The hoops someone in New Jersey has to go through, plus the restrictions on transporting firearms are so onerous they are an automatic disqualifier to even visiting your state. I mean, you guys have even made it illegal to fortify your house with common sense security measures.

Massachusetts is just as bad with the various hoops, but there are rural parts of the state that insulate you.

New York is terrible, but if you are outside of NYC you can at least have guns to hunt maybe.

California is the least bad of the four considering you don't have to jump through a hundred hoops to get a gun, even with the new laws they haven't made it so impossible that the average new gun owner is incapable of knowing what to do.

I thought they were made legal again in 2014?

Best
>Arizona
>West Virginia, google HB 2138 on billtracker
Worst
>Soon to be WA/Maryland

Coming from MI, I agree. I'm in UT now and it seems pretty much the same.

Texas doesn't have that "Constitutional Carry" wild-ass freedom going on but it's getting there. The biggest positive in Texas is that gun owners are the native species and outside of Austin they're held up as paragons of virtue by the common-folk of this great state. The world is a harsh place with lying, misguided Goblina's and weasel faced soy-boys attacking at every turn but in Texas a gun owner is welcome and embraced as a potential fellow Texan.

Note: Not a weird ass "Texas is AWESOME" faggot. This is true about several states. I'm just saying that Texas is one of them.

Best = kansas as little to no state laws on guns
Worst = NY

Hawaii's pretty bad. Magazine limits, no-carry because though the law provides for it the chief of police has emphatically declared that they will never approve a permit, only time you can have a gun outside a domicile is while transporting it to a range in a locked case separate from its ammunition, all guns must be registered with the state and that information is handed over to the feds, when the supreme court ruled some of these shennanigans unconstitutional the state government chose to give them the finger by forcing it into the appeals process (meaning it's going to be years before we hear anything of it again)...

Attached: 1449112976531.png (215x242, 137K)

The 2nd amendment should have been written like this

Yeah CA sucks, but it's not actually difficult to purchase. Just fill out the 4473, wait, come back, it's yours. Not too different from any other state. NY is way worse with process of having get character references and such to buy a handgun.

Nobody else agrees here KS is best state because they don't know how truly great it is :(

Attached: 1522803186026.jpg (409x427, 36K)

That is my point exactly. It may be on a march towards the worst of all possible worlds, but California doesn't require the licenses that other states do to purchase a firearm. It isn't great by any means, but it is not the absolute worst state for the 2nd amendment.

You actually do need a license of sorts to purchase in CA. All you need to do though is complete a short multiple choice test (it's stupid easy, honestly if you fail you really shouldn't be owning a gun) and pass a safe handling demonstartion (check that the weapon is clear and don't flag anyone). I really don't have a problem with this particular law even though I hate CA in general and will be leaving as soon as I finish my master's

I'm seconding this, Hawaii also has the disadvantage of being an Island so you can't just go to Nevada and buy gun parts, they can actually enforce their regulations. Not to mention they also don't have red rural areas to fight at least a little bit of their laws.

We have a lot more gun culture than other states, old men open carrying pistols don't get a second glance around here.

I am aware of this. It is not a license though, you don't need to ask for permission from the government to complete it and the FFL usually is a certified instructor who can complete it with you.

There is no handgun or rifle licensing in California, in the other three states mentioned there is some form of that. This is why California is not the absolute worst state for gun ownership.

Here is the pistol permit (and to a lesser extent FID) system "works" in NJ.
>Finger printed and mental health check the first time.
>You can get up to three permits at a time. You can only buy one pistol every 30 days
>Permits are good for 90 days
>You need two character references per application (you can use the same people each time)
>The police have "30 days" to get you your permits but in practice this takes months for the majority of towns
Now here is where it becomes a scam
>Paperwork gets "lost" all the time. This requires multiple applications to be filled out.
>The paperwork is approved and the timer starts on when you can buy. Some departments now wait to tell you it's ready until like day 80-something. While you can get an extension, most departments make that process extra difficult.
>Departments require you to fill out the paperwork in front of them. The catch is you can only do this between certain hours (common is 10-3). If you work at all, you will never be able to make it in unless you take a day off.
>Some towns require additional paperwork beyond the state paperwork. This is against the state preemption law but not judge will enforce this part (or the 30 day limit).
>Beyond running your prints through a criminal check to see if you are wanted for anything, all the officer who approves your permit does is run your name through NICS.

I think Hawaii probably is the worst state for guns if you think about it. They could ban anything and you'd be fucked because you can't just leave the state and bring back accessories or magazines. You have nowhere to shoot, you can't carry because of them not giving out licenses, and you get doxed by the state (like marijuana smokers did).

Alaska for hunters of fuzzy things and lovers of snow.
Arizona for hunters of brown things and lovers of sand.

>best
NH
>worst
MA

Gonna start working in MA pretty soon probably, at least some of which will be in shithole areas, aside from "you're fucked lmoaa" how do I make it more likely they'll give me a CCW?

On the other hand, Hawaii is not that violent of a place if you live there and you can defend yourself in the home or on your property so it won't be horrific. Also, there is no restrictions on antique or blackpowder replicas.

New York for hunters of sewer mutants and lovers of jackboots.
California for hunters of STDs and lovers of cock.

I think it will depend on which town you end up living in honestly. Licensing in Massachusetts is weird and you would be better to go to the local or state gun forums to get more complete information.

That's the thing, I plan on staying in NH, just bought a house here actually, but I might be getting a 2-3 day a week side job in MA, part of which would be doing deliveries/accounts in some of the shittier areas. Guess I'll keep clicking around.

>
>>PA
>>Has a cuck AWB in the works, no constitutional carry, and can't hunt with semi-autos.
>
>Explain how it's anything better than anything barely passable.
You've been able to hunt with semi autos here since 2016

Uh, yes you can.

If only we had
gunsandammo.com/second-amendment/best-states-for-gun-owners-2017/
lists for this
gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/
kind of thing.

I think they let you guys carry while drinking too

Sorry user, but I have a gun to protect my home, and bullets don't stop tornados.

>tornadoes
Man, if you lived in KS, you would love to actually see one. I lived there for nearly a decade and never saw one. Many people lived there their whole lives and never seen one. When the sky turns green, a lot of people go outside and wait. KS gun laws are great for gun owners regardless.

I live in MI, it's pretty unrestricted so that's nice but there are definitely more fudds than normal because of durr season and da yoopee

mfw im moving from commiefornia to arizona soon

Attached: IMG_0225.jpg (680x454, 46K)

I live in rural western WA, its dope in the sense that cops/wardens hardly give a shit and it seems everyone and their mother has an unregistered fun switch, and there's good land on the eastern side, but it's really hard to find an open pit past 100 yards over here.
Can't wait to git out

Fuck off, we're full.
P.S. Cars with CA plates have a nasty habit of running off on their own down here.

>What is the worst and best state for gun owners?
I hate you little faggots that ask this shit. what's best? whats worst? to whom? and why?

lets set some fucking criteria here, shall we?
can you own a gun in your state
can you own more than one gun in your state
can you conceal carry in your state
can you open carry in your state
are you exempt from liability if you shoot an intruder in your domicile in your state
can you use suppressors in your state
do you need a license or foid card in your state
do you need to register the firearms you own in your state
magazine capacity restrictions?
other restrictions?

answer those and the best and worst states will be revealed but best and worst TO THE INDIVIDUAL.

Same, Leavenworth became a second home for me

best: AZ
worst: NY

Maryland's pretty bad and is only gonna get worse, there's a bill in the pipeline right now that would allow literally anyone to submit an anonymous tip about how they feel threatened by you and that's grounds for them to seize all your weapons. No investigation required, they don't need to be a licensed doctor or psychiatrist, literally anybody can say you're a threat to them or someone else in some way and you're fucked. Governor has said he wouldn't sign such a bill if it makes it to his desk but I'll believe it when I see it. Dude has done nothing for our rights. The problem child in this state is clearly Baltimore and because they can't stop fucking acting like animals the rest of us have to suffer, I hate it so fucking much. If you're considering moving here don't.

I second this.

What are some gun-friendly states with a decent tech industry?
I'm thinking of moving to one, and my current runners are WA and TX.

>tfw live in NY
>tfw dying to move to TN
>tfw job isn't helping me to transfer

ks or az best
hawaii, ca, ny or nj for worst
t. grew up in kansas

Nevada is pretty alright. Plus BLM land

Massachusetts

Only reason I wouldn't want to live in AZ is because I buy some guns online from there and don't wanna pay taxes :')

man fuck nj

Best:
New Hamsphire
West Virginia
Maine
Alaska
Arizona
Vermont
Kansas
Wyoming
Missouri

NJ, CA, and MA are notoriously bad

Nevadafag here, literally drive 7 mins from my house and Im innadesert where I can shoot however I want with no one around.

>Vermont

Attached: 152013599905.jpg (350x342, 39K)

>>>>>>>>VT

No

Oregon is okay but don't move here also it won't stay nice here for much longer, probably 5 years at best before the California plague ruins another state.

Yes, idiot, I said Vermont.

Tell me what's wrong with VT gun laws. I'll wait.

>Alaska
Fuck off we're full.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/30/package-gun-restrictions-set-become-law-vermont/475212002/

>HB 2138
Is this passed or proposed?

Seconded.

When Anchorage sends it's people, they don't send their best. We need to build a wall.

Attached: moose-in-frost.jpg (1226x855, 980K)

It's a shame because most of that area gets shit on by the cancerous growth around DC.

Skankorage purge fucking when?

Attached: khornate massacres.jpg (708x846, 77K)

To all the guys saying Texas, please rethink that as much as I love Texas and have lived in it my whole life, this place is soon gonna be a liberal hellhole, I don't even live in or near the big cities in Texas and our convention centers still have bullshit like trans acceptance events and Gay pride parades, not even to mention the cartels in south Texas, move down there and you'll probably be killed for fun by an azteca member.
>tl:dr Texas is the SJW's and leftists biggest target

It's those tasty electoral votes, user
>tfw you will watch America become a one party state at the federal level

Attached: many thoughts.jpg (900x1200, 186K)

Name on state better for gun rights than West Virginia.

Protip:
>you can't

MO boise make some noise.
For worst I’ll say California just because it seems as though only violent criminals and illegals can have guns.

Attached: 803FADA4-306A-4591-B705-3AB5582B5B91.png (618x640, 33K)

Worst is definitely CT

Unironically Hawaii and Alaska

how are Wyoming's gun laws? I'm a leaf who wants to move to Wyoming after I get my degree

Good:
WY, ND, KS, AZ, AK, UT, ID
Trash:
CA, IL, NY, CT, NJ

We're all full m8. These cunts already ruined my home of CO, now I live in WA and our days are numbered here as well.

We will have to slot the commies in our lifetime.

Nah, Maryland is way worse than CA.

I moved from Kansas to California.

I've been having fun with my bolt guns here. Still miss being able to carry though.

LOL what a stupid fuck. Do you even browse Jow Forums?

lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#CA
If your state isn't graded F it's shit.

Oklahoma a best.

That's kinda cool, but it isn't very good. A responsible gun loving state is graded higher than tougher law state with more deaths.

fuck I though CO was alright. This is bullshit I'm moving to montana

Worst states
>Maryland
>New jersey
Not a state but terrible places to live
> New York City)
>Washington DC
>Any US territory
Best states
>Arizona
>Alaska
>Texas
>Kansas

Attached: 1519783675665.png (600x397, 145K)

Stop being so fucking loud about it. They’ll move here and fuck it all up. Go away, Maine is bad. We’re all inbred and shit.

you are forgetting commiefonria.

>Texas
>Best
Texas fucking sucks. Source: self-hating Texan moving to Montana to get away from all the spics and groids.

Kansas boy checking in. Wide open fields to shoot in. Open carry. No license for pistols. Nothing better then buying a gun and getting it in one transaction. rip you guys with waiting periods.