Is white vinegar a suitable solvent for removing fouling and other particle buildup from firearms?

Is white vinegar a suitable solvent for removing fouling and other particle buildup from firearms?
I only ask as I don't really feel like buying a purpose made solvent if I don't have to.

Attached: PIA9lje.jpg (2448x1836, 546K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Hoppe-s-No-9-Gun-Bore-Cleaner-Powder-Solvent-1-Quart/23237549
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hoppes is like 5 bucks and will last for years and years. I still have my original bottle from 2005. Its still half full.

So I should just buy Hoppes?

And lubricating oil. Which will also last a long ass time

Either you got a huge ass bottle or you don't go shooting very much

>5 bucks
for like a 5oz bottle maybe.
midway had the big 32oz bottles on sale for $12 a few weeks ago, not sure if they're still on sale

i got a little bottle of CLP and i use an arrow to push toilet paper down the barrel to clean it.

Lol just go to walmart
The big bottles are cheap

Absolutely. You want to go ahead and buff up your bore and barrel with some medium grit steel wool, then just dump the whole gun in a big bucket of white vinegar. Add a handful of salt to it and leave it to soak for a day or two and it'll solve all your problems.

kek, also delet system 32

>Lol just go to walmart
Why in the fuck would anybody in their right mind shop at Walmart?

>there's probably one close to you
>they have something you might need to purchase
>it's probably cheaper, or the same cost as buying it online

To conveniently buy cheap bottles of gun solvent.....?

my local walmart doesn't stock it
but you're not getting a 32 ounce for $5 anywhere.
walmart.com/ip/Hoppe-s-No-9-Gun-Bore-Cleaner-Powder-Solvent-1-Quart/23237549

I mean that Walmart is a shit company that doesn't deserve your money.
It's like buying Apple shit.

So, I take it you have never lived in an area where the "worthy" alternative is a few hours away in the opposite direction?

I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and I'm about a mile away from a Walmart.
I understand if it's convenient for people and I guess I can't really fault them for going to Walmart, but I'm not gonna go and give those fucks my money.

OP, if the gun in your picture is yours, DO NOT USE HOPPES 9 ON IT. That is a nickeled Colt. Any solvent that is ammoniated/alkaline like Hoppes 9 is will cause nickeled finishes to peel, and your gun will look like it has a bad case of sunburn.

That's just a dirty old gun I found on google, don't worry.
And thanks for the tip.

Simple Green you faggot!

Generally if you want to do something on the cheap, you'll get cheap results.

You don't have to buy absolute upcharged tactical shit. Even soap and water works fine just regrease and lube after.

I make my own “Ed’s Red” by the gallon. Use it in bottles and in a small parts washer. It would clean that gunk In no time. Google it. Liberal tears are optional but lanolin isn’t.

Ed's red is good as a cleaner but keep in mind it has no rust inhibition properties to it.