SAA clones

I want a single action army but theres no way in hell im paying the price for a colt. I've looked into ruger and uberti and they both seems good. I'm leaning towards uberti, anyone have any input?

Attached: 1873-cattleman-charcoal-blue-revolver.png (2000x704, 479K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XqzIZBEh_E8
cimarron-firearms.com/products/revolvers/single-actions/thunderer-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is nothing like a Colt. They will never be made again. Buy a cheap Italian imitation. They will never be an investment. They will fetch $300 when you try to sell it to pay the rent. Buy a Colt and you will double your money if you have to sell it.

I never see them mentioned, but I have an Armi Sam Marco (ASM) new dakota model SAA, and I've never had an issue. picked it up for $200 from an estate.
It's not a colt, but it's not far off.

But i'm not gonna sell it because im not shit with money. I just want a cowboy gun, and if i can get the same function for half the price why wouldnt I? Especially when that exta 600 or so is just for the branding.

I also want to know this, I won't use it for anything but a plinker, so I thought about the Ruger single ten in .22 because cheap to shoot. But I already have a ruger mark 3 and 45 colt seems like a lot of fun though

>is just for the branding
a genuine colt does feel a bit better than clones, but unless you're shitting money, I really don't think it's a big enough difference to merit the price difference.

Attached: 28135870_2[1].jpg (1024x569, 35K)

>They will never be made again.
They're made right now.

ruger SAAs don't have the famous 4 clicks.
get a rough rider if you just want a .22 plinker saa.

Look up the heritage big bore. It's the same(?) company that makes the shitty little .22lr ones, but the quality is way better in the centerfire versions. They make them in .38/357 which is probably the best choice, and they run anywhere from $350-$450, but theyre not that common.

I have a Ruger New Vaquero and I like it a lot. No cowboy loading plus they come in .45 ACP so you can shoot it for cheap.

>getting a ruger than can't handle ruger loads
please don't do this.

I want .357

Colt makes SAA's right now you fuck. They're vastly overpriced, for the cost of a new Colt brand Colt SAA you're well on the way towards the price of an original.

Spaghetti SAA's are truer to the originals than Colt's are.

>investment

Fuck that shit, guns are meant to be shot. I'd rather buy 3 uberti's than 1 new Colt, because I actually shoot my guns.

Heritage SAA's are just tarted up Pietta frames that they import and do final assembly on.

Uberti > Pietta > Chiappa

Where does ruger fall?

>no cowboy loading
>a good thing
I think the charcoal blued Taylor and Co ones look nice.

In the “not an SAA clone” category.

On a related note, does anyone have any experience with the old Colt Peacemaker .22LR's / Colt Frontier Scout .22LR's?
They look like they would be fun plinkers, plus they're not too expensive.

This is some next level shitposting

Who makes a tan rough side out gunbelt? I’d like the holster to be integral to the belt (pic related) instead of sliding around on it.

Attached: C2A690A2-1C6B-43B4-9D7A-313753F447F3.jpg (450x516, 60K)

It's still tougher than most SAAs.

Well what would you call it then?

ruger blackhawk is the modern non safe queen reincarnation of the old cattleman working SAA t b h

a SAA styled gun.
It has the look, but not the same functionality. You don't get the 4 distinct clicks, and you don't have to cowboy load.

A Ruger revolver, it’s stands on its own. If you insist on comparing it to SAAs then I’d call it a bastardization.
No it isn’t. A “non safe queen working revolver” would be a double action 357. A modern SAA lookalike is either for LARPing or range use.

Uberti is a good repro, eaa bounty hunter is a SAA with a transfer bar safety and it's a lot cheaper. Plenty of single action shooters use them as a beater, they're as reliable or more reliable than ubertis.

They're like an upgraded version of the Big Bore Rough Rider, really.

>i played too much MGS3 and FONV and want a vidya gun but am unwilling to pay the nerd tax. he;lp

>A modern SAA lookalike is either for LARPing or range use.
I EDC mine.

Attached: 213.gif (218x216, 7K)

Shit man, if I didn't live in Cali I would too.

you seem to forget that this is a single action thread, in terms of single action the blackhawk is the one built for hand loading, hunting and for range use. others are more for role play. feel free to be the autistic gun hipster of the thread though.

youtu.be/XqzIZBEh_E8

Ha! I just watched too many spaghetti westerns growing and I want to be like pic related.

Attached: IMG_4217.jpg (500x680, 143K)

> blackhawk is the one built for

Not that guy but:

Wrong. It's literally the same gun but with retarded sights. It's the only difference. Go look it up I'll wait

>being this ignorant

Attached: AdQdO.jpg (640x480, 46K)

From solely a structural and mechanical standpoint, Rugers are an upgrade over other SAAs. Something like a Blackhawk can safely be carried with six in the chamber, has a cylinder that spins freely when the loading gate is opened, and it will handle .45 Colt loads that would destroy a bog-standard Single Action Army. The infamous "Ruger-only loads" that you hear about in the context of handloading are the product of the Blackhawk's proven record of durability and longevity. It's a great gun.

The only problem is that these design improvements also make it markedly different from an actual Single Action Army, although not in a bad way. It's not just because it doesn't have a Colt stamp either. Something like a Uberti is a 1:1 clone of an 1873 Colt, while the Blackhawk is different enough that you can only call it similar.

That being said, that isn't really a huge issue unless you specifically want a replica. Ruger's revolvers are actually the most popular choice in Cowboy Action competitions and among people who want a good high volume shooter specifically because they are well-made and better than the original design if you're mainly looking for a gun that's a good shooter.

In the context of the list you asked about, the continuum is:

Ruger = Uberti (both are good, the question of which is better depends on your intended purpose > Pietta > Chiappa

>losing an argument
>just respond with "ha ha you're ignorant"

Literally go find a difference and prove me wrong. Else you're just being a retarded fudd

read the post above you retard

Are you actually retarded? That's an argument between Rugers and other SAA clones. We're talking about Vaquero vs Blackhawk.

Get your eyes checked or pull your fudd head out of your ass, either one you fucking troglodyte

>We're talking about Vaquero vs Blackhawk
not the guy you're arguing with, but when did anyone ever say anything about the vaquero?
only mention of one I saw some someone recommending a new model.

I thought you couldn't fan the hammer on a vaquero without fucking it up?

The blackhawk has a beefier frame than the vaquero. They really do expect you to use it for handloading.

Good used ones show up if you want to go that route. Sig Sauer and Sohns SAA go for like 250-300 and stamped made in West Germany

you shouldn't really fan the hammer on any revolver. You can, but you shouldn't.

>Vaquero vs. Blackhawk

IIRC, the New Vaquero is a medium-framed gun rather than a large-framed one, like the old Vaquero was and the Blackhawk still is. The New Vaquero is a solid gun that shoots well and enjoys widespread popularity, but it is absolutely not as durable as a Blackhawk. If you try to run super .45 Colt loads in a New Vaquero, it will blow up before too long. A Blackhawk, on the other hand, can digest those all day long.

This is correct.
You can literally just look at any hot loaded 45 colt, and it will say in the description that it's for large frame revolvers, like blackhawks, pre-05 vaqueros, and a few other rugers.
The new model vaquero can't handle "ruger only" loads.

Well yes I know, but I thought there were mechanical limitations to the Vaquero that mean you really couldn't.

Attached: OCELOT.gif (255x138, 974K)

That holster is hung from a drop belt, it's not integral.

That’s what I meant, I didn’t know how to describe it.

I wear a triple K 110 drop belt. You can use a heavy, loose holster if you don't want to lash it against your leg.

I do want to tie it to my leg though. I’m still deciding between an HK45ct and a Taylor and Co charcoal blued SAA clone for my next handgun though.

Attached: 82B3AD57-537D-4DDA-B7BC-B28B54C5DC31.jpg (2000x704, 106K)

The tie downs make my dick print

I wear tight pants anyways and loose belt+tie down=cool

What's the appeal of SAAs not in 45 colt? What's the point?

Do you shoot .45 Colt? Because assuming you want to practice enough to actually get good with it, it's expensive unless you reload. For the kinds of people who want an SAA but don't have the money, space, or patience for a press, getting one in .357 and shooting .38 Specials is far more economical.

I have a 45 colt/acp blackhawk. I guess if you can't shoot .45 acp it could get pricey

Yeah, that's why the convertible cylinders are such a great feature.

cheaper to shoot and less recoil.
lightly loaded .38 is really common for competition. except in quick-draw, they use .45's

Attached: 1430648620861.jpg (1023x656, 193K)

Best pointing firearm of all time, if you ask a lot of folks. I want to upgrade from a .45lc cattleman to a .357 bounty hunter; I don't mind single action at all, I'm 100% confident I could use it in a defensive situation.

Why in the fuck would you not want a gun called El Patron?

Attached: el patron.jpg (1174x655, 221K)

This was my first pistol got it with my marlin 336 so I can live out my cowboy fantasies.

Not a bad gun had to replace the spring twice though as it was causing my cylinder to overtravel

I inherited my fathers colt frontier scout. Came with two cylinders, one for long rifle and one for magnum. Best 22 I’ve ever shot. Lightweight, easy on the eyes, more accurate than I can shoot it, and is a rabbits worst nightmare.

Got an uberti. It's nice.

I have a 3rd gen Colt SAA. Love it. I bought a Uberti Cattleman too. Once I replaced the two extra safeties on the Cattleman it was pretty much same as the Colt. Same heft, same balance, same action. Like it a lot and never had a problem with it. That said, if you put a blindfold on me and put both guns in front of me I could tell the Colt immediately. It's just that much much more crisp and sharp.

Attached: Duke.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

what were the safeties? extra long base pin and that odd mechanism in the hammer?

yep

Attached: Uberti Safeties.jpg (797x636, 66K)

Not gonna lie user, go to antique stores. I browse them a lot and find all kinds of old holsters and gun belts. A lot cheaper than new leather, has some cool stories to go with, and it's fun.

Current favorite? Ruger New Vaquero 45. I know I can't load bear killer ammo into it, but I have a little cowboy hand loader and I can make light plinkers and decent thunkers. I also have an Uberti Cattleman in 22lr, definitely recommend that guy for range trips.

Also check out Cimarron. They basically just import Ubertis, but they have some really slick custom run stuff from them like cimarron-firearms.com/products/revolvers/single-actions/thunderer-1.html with the Cold Lightening grip angle in a stout single action frame. They also are going to have a 5 shot shopkeep conversion in 380ACP soon that I am droooooooling over.

Also ignore all the larpers. Having a transfer bar safety and a free spin cylinder is fucking excellent, I don't care if I'm not period correct.

Attached: want.jpg (2619x923, 616K)

want

Attached: ET_Ruger_3.jpg (2896x1944, 2.89M)

>all these SAA dudes.
>im the guy with the schofield.

Attached: 1875-schofield.jpg (1200x683, 50K)

I got a Vaquero in .44 mag because I found out you couldn't hotrod .45 colt without getting a kaboom in most SAAs.

The Schofield is cool but you can't get it chambered in anything interesting and you can't hotrod ammunition for it because the frame can't handle it.

Outside of snake shot, and silvertip hollow points I just use the standard CBA rounds. Still its a fun gun to mess around in the desert and abandoned mining operations with.

What’s with this retarded phenomenon of anons thinking cowboys used magnum revolvers?

>45 schofeild snakeshot

where did anyone say that?

Not in this thread, but in the LARP threads like “make your own sheriffs department” or whatever people act like Redhawks and Model 29s go with Stetsons and cowboy boots.

They go just fine you literal autist.

IT's because they use reduced power springs, I had the same problem and I just replaced it with a factory colt leaf spring.

Because we're so far removed from the westward expansion period and revolvers are perceived as archaic generally that kids don't realize double action .357 revolvers WEREN'T contemporary

some people htink "lmao cowboys carry revolvers but a modern cowboy wouldn't carry revolvers that SHIT AND OLD LMAO ROFL"

Can’t argue with these digits.
lol gay

Which barrel length should I get a Ubert Cattleman in? 45 lc, not 357.

Attached: wm_9808723.jpg (1552x1164, 190K)

Thanks Ned. I’m talking about 4.75, 5.5, or 7.5” though.

>45 colt shooting schofield

well, do you want it out of the holster a little faster? a little easier to line up shots with? where would you like the balance? do you want to carry it? if so, how? if none of that matters too much just pick the one you like the look of most.

but you can always save up for a second, or third..

Attached: PvUea.jpg (800x600, 95K)

Speed out of the holster is most important for me, I probably won’t even use the sights that much. I know the 4 3/4” will be the quickest but I don’t know if the 5 1/2” will slow me down that much. I’ll carry it in a gun belt when I can get away with dressing like a cowboy. I unironically feel like I can draw and fire my heritage rough rider from the holster accurately faster than I can my p30, my 1911, and my uncles glock.