What’s the best pistol caliber carbine and pistol combo?

What’s the best pistol caliber carbine and pistol combo?

Attached: image.jpg (800x477, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uberti-usa.com/top-break-revolver#specifications-section
ar15.com/forums/Armory/-357-Rossi-discontinued-/47-483786/?page=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Luger Carbine and P08

Winchester 92 .357 Magnum and Ruger Redhawk 8 shot .357 Revolver. A lot like your pic OP.

hipoint+hipoint

9mm
It works decently in a handgun and a 16" barrel carbine

Your pic

Scorpion EVO and SP01

winchester 1873 and colt single action in 44-40

Ruger redhawk 44
Ruger deerfield or 10/44

Both in 10mm

>20 inch .45 colt lever action of choice (preferably one with the most chamber support you can find)
>5.5 inch or longer Ruger Blackhawk .45 colt with an extra .45acp conversion cylinder

Congrats, now you can defend yourself and shoot cheap and easy to find ammo. Do you reload? Congrats, now you have a revolver that'll fire .45 colt, .45 schofield, .45 "cowboy special", and .45 acp. If I recall, the rifle will take all those but .45acp in single shot mode. That means you can hunt everything from bunnies and squirrels with light, slow "gallery loads" up to fucking grizzly bears with some hot as hell buffalo bore .45 colt shoulder slugging bullshit.

Just curious, but can anybody tell me the point in having a PCC and pistol combo as a primary/secondary?

What benefit does carrying a pistol caliber for your primary have over carrying a rifle caliber instead?

Memery

>less weight
>only have to stock one kind of ammo
>depending on the guns, you may be able to use the same mags

Mauser c96 with a stock + another c96 inside of the stock

>>less weight
Yes
No
>Maybe

Aesthetics mostly

If I was poor fag:
Rossi 92 357
Taurus 617

Rich Fag:
Big Horn Armory 500 or 460 mag leverghat
Magnum Research BFR to match

I was trying to think of the best way to get (You)'s, and have settled on:

.40 SW 180gr. The only people that hate on the caliber are people without the skill to use it.

.45 colt lever, .454 casull bisley super Blackhawk. Get the lever threaded and the colts a super versatile round going from subsonic w/ a suppressor to hot ass loads without it. Can also be fired through the casull. Easily take anything in N.A. in hunting scenarios.

AR 15 and AR pistol with brace

I hate on it because it is pointless. Using it is easy but why would I?

I did not think about sub 45. Interesting

But desu, standard 45Colt load is subsonic by default.

if you have the money, a beretta M9A3 and a Cx4 storm will be the best, if you want to be a bit cheaper you can just opt for a stock Beretta 92 instead. both firearms are really well made, except the same magazines. and have shit tons of customization and aftermarket options.

Cz Scorpion
Cz 75bd
Done

>more powerful than 9mm
>more capacity than .45
I have no idea user

Ruger 77/357 and Ruger GP100 7-shot

PS90 and Five Seven

45-70 gubmint of course.

Attached: 4570 gub.jpg (1280x960, 73K)

Y not just get the PMR-30 and RMR-30? You'll shoot the same thing, just way cheaper

Why 44-40?
Why not .45LC or .44 Magnum?

.44mag pre 2007 Marlin 1894 and a Vaquero.

What's good lever gun in 357 or 44mag?

Rossi 92?

Hi Point carbine and Smith & Wesson model 59 both 9mm of course

That looks cool and only 400-600 dollars. Are there any others in this range? Are Henry or Winchester good brands?

What are the advantages of a pistol carbine vs normal rifle?

What is that magical lever action I must know

>Henry
Well made, but no loading gate is a deal breaker

>Winchester
Newer ones are well made, but very expensive

Is a mares leg a plausible firearm or is it a meme. Can you even shoulder it efficiently or is it just too tiny?

Im aware i just never considered supressing it. I was thanking you for the new project

Unless things have changed recently, a pistol caliber carbine is generally going to be lighter and handier

Because it shares ammo with your sidearm, you only have to carry one type of ammo, so logistically easier (I guess?)

A pistol cartridge out of a rifle with be less noisy than a rifle cartridge, while still having good punch (within 75-100 yards) thanks to the longer barrel

Look up what .357 Magnum can do out of a rifle, there's a reason .357 carbines are so popular

That should be new model 3 in 44-40

Mare's legs are dumb ideas. You get little to no capacity over a much more compact revolver for significantly more weight and a slower to operate action.

uberti-usa.com/top-break-revolver#specifications-section

22 mag out of a rifle is weaker than a 5.7 x 28 out of a pistol FYI. However you get more expensive ammo and less capacity from 5.7x28.

My nigga.

Attached: 1451991563492.png (423x289, 76K)

lol, maybe out of a 16 inch barrel. but have you seen the stopping power of a 9mm? You almost need to mag dump your magazine to get the fucker to go down.

And then there's this faggot.

>less weight
The lightest common 9mm weighs more than the heaviest common 5.56. Straight-blowback PCCs weigh more than the common semi-auto rifle-caliber rifles (no seriously most of them are 8+ pounds). While there are a scant few standout exceptions such as the MPX, a loaded PCC will weigh 2-3lbs more than a loaded AR of the same barrel length.

45 colt.

This is just bait at Thai point.

Anything in 357. Same ammo pool and you can shoot 38 special out of both. 357 is more than sufficient for most game too.

c96^2

Yep.

I highly doubt a loaded ar-15 weights less than a loaded sub-2000 but hey.

9mm is absolutely atrocious out of long barrels.
You gain like 100 fps MAYBE 200fps at BEST
9 inches give or take is ideal for a sub gun

rossi's in anything but .45lc have been unobtanium for 2 or so years

Not the Sub2k, no, but the:
>Scorpion Evo
>MP5 (all variants including the -k ""pistol"" and all clones)
>Cx4
>PC9
>Uzi
>mini Uzi
>all AR9s

Like I said, there are a few standout exceptions. A few. But the overwhelming majority weigh more than a 5.56 AR. And if you really want a light rifle, you can make an AR weigh under 3lbs unloaded. It's expensive and impractical but you can do it.

If we are talking legally rifles in traditional modern pistol calibers, not much.
.357 gains like 500 FPS out of a longer barrel compared to a 4". Revolver cartridges gain the most from larger case capacity in longer barrels.

Thunder .50 BMG / GM6 Lynx

If there's a pistol, it's a pistol caliber.

lol

Imo the Beretta Cx4 and 92fs. Same rounds, same magazines.

>Beretta Cx4
But it's such a gay plastic sci-fi rifle though.

>the point in having a PCC
Reduced recoil, report, and flash are significant advantages for indoor fighting. It's bad enough shooting pistol ammo indoors without hearing protection, let alone rifle ammo with twice as much powder or more. If it's fully-automatic or otherwise fired very rapidly, the advantage of reduced recoil grows larger.

Another very important consideration is that aside from shared ammo and magazines, 9mm's significantly cheaper to practice with than 5.56. And while the shells aren't lighter, they (and their magazines) are more compact. They also suffer less from shorter barrels than rifle ammunition does, so they can be more compact.

A PCC is usually good enough. Going up to 5.56 does improve your range and lets you penetrate some additional body armor, but this is rarely needed. If you want to shoot beyond the range of a PCC, you probably want to move up to a scope gun and something heavier than 5.56.

Consider becoming involved in irregular warfare or anti-banditry actions after a collapse of order with this combination: a Sub-2000, Glock 17, and a bolt-action deer rifle with a good scope and sling (grandad's .270). Without having spent much money, you're a serious long-range threat and capable of fighting at short ranges (with a pistol for a last resort). Your main weapon can be slung or your personal defense weapon can be stowed collapsed while you carry the other, depending on what's appropriate to the circumstances.

especially if you want a longer barrel.

I actually just checked the thread on arf and I heard they are finally starting to filter back out.

Really? My lgs has a bunch in .357 and .44 magnum, just bought one myself.

10mm exists. If only it came in a retarded lever gun or PCC.

Did the come in recently? See above, I checked arf and I heard they are starting to filter back in, for 2 years though they have been unavailable, knew a guy that tried to get one on back order year and a half ago, had to just get a henry instead.

Came to say this.

>all rimless auto loading cartridges less powerful than just plain .357
>HUR 10mm in it
literally why when .357 exists
10mm fags are the worst

Winchester 94 and SAA in .357 for actual practical larping

It makes infinitely more sense with magnum calibers.

They've been selling them for about a yr now. Every time I go in to buy ammo, I always finger fuck the lever gats, seems like every few weeks they're gone and new ones are on the shelf next time I'm in. Most are the 16" carbine.

Pic related. Thing was marked as used, there was no wear marks on the hammer, loading gate, or any of the moving parts inside that usually see wear, etc. All for 430 after tax, background check, etc. Been working the action for a few days now to see where there is friction, after that I'm gonna polish up those spots, do some work on the wood, etc.

Attached: 20180405_194600.jpg (3088x3088, 3.17M)

not the PX4?
ok then

this is a blue board reported and saged for posting lewds

Attached: 1511233053367.jpg (957x621, 68K)

My bad, user. I didn't think before I post, plz no bans me.

Getting a .44 lever fat has made me want to get a revolver to go with it, any suggestions?

>Single Action Army
>44 magnum
Retard

My feeble bitch-boy wrists couldn't handle such a glorious caliber

I thought the same thing, after 90 day no fap, my wrist game was so high I could shoot 50 bmg one handed with no problem.

then your place must be either dead if no one bought those yet
ar15.com/forums/Armory/-357-Rossi-discontinued-/47-483786/?page=1
I've been watching for them online for 2 years and have yet to see one since like 2016.

9mm kriss vector 16" and glock 17

>>Scorpion Evo
5 lbs. with 7" barrel.
>>MP5
6.8 lbs with 9" barrel.
>>Cx4
5.75 lbs with a 19-inch barrel (Canadian version). Don't tell me that's heavier than 19-inch-barrel AR-15s.
>>PC9
6.8 lbs with 16-inch barrel.
>>AR9, Wilson Combat
6 lbs.

I'm not seeing these 8+ lb. PCCs you're talking about. Of that list, only the Uzi is over 7 lbs empty. (and don't tell me it's loaded weight, because you get 38 rounds of 9mm to a pound)

>a loaded PCC will weigh 2-3lbs more than a loaded AR of the same barrel length.
1) This is obvious bullshit.
2) PCCs suffer far less from very short barrels than AR-15s do.

You have to consider barrel overheating as well. 5.56 is going to heat the barrel at least twice as fast as 9mm. More powder = more energy = more heat. 5.56 fills that barrel with hotter, higher-pressure gas and pushes a bullet through faster. Maybe you can make a lighter AR-15, but not if you want it to serve the same function of sustained rapid fire. PCCs can be lighter than AR-15s of comparable short-range tactical function, if that's what you want.

Mind you, not every gun is meant to be as light as it can. All other aspects of function aside, a lighter gun means a harder kick, which is bad for rapid fire accuracy. Some people will prefer a heavier gun.

>dude im on no fap not kool f a m

Attached: 1501833851466.jpg (509x434, 42K)

is this lewd enough for u senpai ?

Attached: 1498541566541.jpg (1160x1000, 318K)

>no but this is

Attached: 1494469449986.jpg (3072x2304, 602K)

Attached: 3b75685bdff1ff37ed58a972e8ebffe2958b7b2b.jpg (1024x683, 139K)

Boerner firearms in Bremerton WA. Call them and they'll tell you the same thing as I said.

I always wanted a long fun chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev. Even a single shot would do.

The are plenty of single action army clones in .44 magnum

a real reference pic and caption from wikipeidia

Attached: 20 x 102 mm round with .50 BMG rounds, golf ball, stick of RAM.jpg (220x277, 16K)

Pick one of each in .357mag. It actually gets perfectly acceptable performance out of rifle barrels, and is a blast to shoot in a revolver.

Actually mix it up and go with a Coonan 1911 with levergun.

Attached: big boys.jpg (1536x1152, 224K)

Dan Wesson revolver + shoulder stock grip. Who wouldn't want a revolver that's reconfigurable from a snub nose for concealed carry to an 8" barrel short carbine? Bonus points if you convince them to release a 5 shot .44 magnum option using their normal .357 frame like the S&W did with the model 69.

>milk truck is back in town !

Attached: 1515783953614.png (916x689, 22K)

dumb frogposter

45 long colt.

Attached: CB998703-4172-49FE-B7E0-B698A02CFEE4.jpg (1000x559, 60K)