Anti Drone Weapons

What are the best options when it comes to shooting down drones?

Not the 100$ toy drones but more sophisticated, perhaps state backed drones? Not talking about Predator drone but the hexacopter equivalent?

Jamming the control link will just put it in auto return mode. Jamming GPS will just make it use internal gyros and return to a place where GPS works.

A shotgun has max range of about 50M I guess?
Do you need a 20mm AA gun by now?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (980x551, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XbLz0L6UdI
schoolspecialty.com/quest-starhawk-model-rocket-value-pack-pack-of-25-1399933?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy9Gv6_aj2gIVRIJ-Ch3NvwxWEAQYAiABEgLzT_D_BwE
youtu.be/pllRW9wETzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: eagle-drones_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqY4-XNG_7v-V2jIZ3ghNYKOVpSgDomDLZ8AADwsgaFEo.jpg (480x300, 16K)

Bump for interest
Rocks maybe?

Couple of company's have 12 gauge net loads that take drones down pretty gud at >50 yards

bird shot would still kill a drone at that range, only need to blow one rotor and it would fall

Kamikaze drone to take out the target drone.

As in, the ones that would be used for target spotting and so on?

Simply hit it with a laser pointer, jam GPS and let the faggot flying it try to control it. Get a direction finding system, acquire a rough fix on where he is, pound him to shit with artillery.

Doing some light ECM might help with the direction finding too. Blast some shit in the operator's direction, which should allow his commands through but make it harder for his equipment to discriminate the drone against the noise, his equipment should up it's transmission power.

Spoof a fake gps location, jam his control channels triggering it to return home which will be somewhere else.

What if I don't have Iranian tech?

Microwaves, it will either fry the drones or fry the reciever so it cant work with other drones (cant sheild radio receivers ) or be controlled.
Or it will cause interference

Bird shot has the potential to injure someone or break something because you will be firing it at an angle, so it will keep *some* of it's initial velocity when it comes down again.

Nets really seem like the best idea. Perhaps some kind of bolo shot that uses rubber balls would work well too.

>hexacopter equivalent
How big?
Shot pellets will wreck their shit, as long as a few of them make their way into the blades.
Not so much shooting it as trying to arc foreign objects into the rotors.

What are you gonna do about a pigeon-sized drone hovering 2000 feet above the ground recording your position with a high-zoom lens?

fpbp

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a drone is a good guy with a drone

birdshot
or a cheap shit drone crashing into it
or a slightly more expensive drone dropping a net above it
or another drone, nigrigged with a .22 pistol, or 9mm/.45 pistol with shotshells

underrated

>mfw the drone wars have finally begun

Attached: 1522195178184.png (796x757, 504K)

Birdshot is not ideal.

It works, but you risk injuring someone or damaging something important. This is an especially important factor on the flightline of an airport where this is a major issue.

Net loads are better, jamming technology, attack birds.

This

Attached: 1521622298023.webm (800x410, 861K)

How intense would lasers or strobe lights need to be able to blind a drone's cameras?

Have you never been hit with birdshot from 100 or 150 yards away? It just feels like someone peeled out in their car and kicked up sand at you, just stings a bit.

Wind. The ultimate weapon against drones.

Nord Husclar -----> Normie Drone

Bird shot? You are a retard.
The shot slows down so much so quickly when it comes to shooting up theres zero issue when it comes back down.

Arnt the same because they retain spin

>some kind of bolo shot
i was thinking about potential anti drone loads a while back, and i too thought this meme would be most appropriate. would be cool to see someone test it on drones somehow.

Attached: ic-568.png (1061x1162, 937K)

or birdshot, even if it isn't quite as fun.

Attached: 800px-TCM-20-hatzerim-2[1].jpg (800x555, 166K)

Be sure to check out /diy/'s rc general anytime, for yet another complicated and expensive hobby.

Attached: 1494940448618.jpg (3264x2448, 616K)

cell jammer is easy to build and will kill a drones signal instantly

VHF,UHF,GPS,WIFI,Cellular, jams it all.

Attached: JM311004_2.jpg (425x455, 58K)

the chinks sell them but legality varies I believe.

There's been recorded farm attacks in SA that use these IIRC. Don't think they'd be hard to operate.

The Marines were testing a Skywall system the other day, it fires a canister containing a net up to 120 metres, then it deploys a parachute to land the captured drone.

Attached: carbonUAVkiller_1.jpg (620x413, 42K)

I have a AA MCTP if you want it

They're not legal in the US at all, but it would be a good idea to have one anyway to keep antipersonell drones away from your house because if that's whats coming after you shit has already hit the fan. I doubt it'll stop drones from dropping mortar shells on your house from high up though. And it definitely won't stop mortars.

Go under trees

Attached: 1496069819056.png (800x452, 206K)

Bolos would have a far greater risk of hurting someone down range than birdshot.

You are retarded. Birdshot will not break skin past 100 yards.

Microwave guns made by slavs:

Attached: putin' on a clinic.png (1076x1062, 910K)

Does anyone make adaptors to allow one to carry and fire, say, a realistically-weightes full-metal airsoft replica AR-15?

Just asking for some friends...

Maybe, maybe not. The beauty of the world we live in is any prototype isn't further than a fusion 360 trial subscription, an arduino/rpi, a desktop mill and/or 3d printer, and all the associated tutorials and collective genius of forums.

Attached: 1517269544001.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

I feel deeply compelled by a desire to try this on my own, but I can't help but get this sinking feeling that it would lead directly to me finding out the hard way that the FCC has its own door-kicker team.

I heard they can keep in the air with a dead rotor.

They don't have a dedicated group iirc, but they do have agents that will lead local doorkicking units to your door.

Attached: 1200px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Federal_Communications_Commission.svg[1].png (1200x1200, 422K)

Not ideal, but it's widely available, and I'd bet good money that most people would fuck off when they see a shotgun come out.

No problem shielding radios, if you have an antenna that only picks up a certain frequency, the others should not affect it that much. Just pick an odd frequency and use that as the transmitter.
You need to be very focused, perhaps use a lens that widens the beam, but the drone could just move and film from another angle.

Paintball/airsoft gun?

You can get rubber balls for a paintball gun that hit pretty hard.

>It works, but you risk injuring someone or damaging something important.
Well no shit.

maybe this.
small, fast drones with some kind of auto-pilot guidance software to locate and intercept other nearby drone that doesn't have a "friendly" beacon signal

>One radio to rule them all

FCC will fuck your shit up if you are broadcasting/transmitting regularly enough to be found and tracked by HAMs or some similar group

Just use something that can go over 350 fps and
you should be good.

Crows are pretty smart. What if we trained crows? Or eagles or hawks for that matter? Give them talon braces so they don't have to worry about getting their birdy toes caught in the rotors. Imagine how many bricks a drone operator would shit to see a bald eagle or falcon crash into their drone at fuckyou speeds from above and rip the thing right out of the sky.

Aside from that, we could ask Russia very, very nicely if they'd license the KS23 out to us and send shoulder mounted artillery flak at it.

schoolspecialty.com/quest-starhawk-model-rocket-value-pack-pack-of-25-1399933?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy9Gv6_aj2gIVRIJ-Ch3NvwxWEAQYAiABEgLzT_D_BwE

predatory birds are easier to train than crows. That being said, I want some 30 caliber flak rounds.

I want new production KS23s.

The problem is a small drone can fly at (and be a threat at) thousand of feet agl and birdshot is not up to that task.

Eventually it will be energy weapons, but we will need a stop gap to intercept drones between now and when real fucking space guns.

That stop gap will be drone kill vehicles, and maybe a drone armed with a physical capture weapon.

The kill vehical would be simple enough. A suped up drone with a directional charge to intercept and destroy.

Someome will decide they also need a capture option so they dont end up downing a drone with potentially hazardous materials onboard over a populated area. Some kind of net gun or spool gun that can intercept, then immobilize and capture .

>you were born in time to witness drone dogfights

Wouldn't some fireworks be enough to get the job done?

The Hams can't track you when your highly illegal microwave gun turns their receivers into smoldering paperweights

Attached: C5S-BbLWEAA_MFF.jpg (1111x1080, 89K)

>witness
Motherfucker, that better be
>pilot

Attached: 1522327203366.jpg (700x483, 28K)

>Not building your own trailer-mounted azimuthing horn antenna powered by a few dozen old magnetrons with its own generator-driven power supply and finding a nice clear hill so you can re-enact pic related, only with low-flying aircraft instead of clouds, right down to the "getting hauled away by the feds" part at the end

youtu.be/pllRW9wETzw

I'M PLANEBUSTING, DADDY!

Attached: A.-Front6.jpg (1000x1000, 333K)

You'll be bouncing off all your local towers. They'll know the location of the jammer down to the inch. Bad idea

Have we considered the use of lightning poles or some sort of magnetic birdshot. Only one ball connecting would short circuit it and wouldn't need to penetrate.

Attached: 1508975945039.jpg (486x598, 39K)

I wonder how well surface to air missiles scale, is it feasible to build a ~2b missile with enough sophistication to ram into a drone at 1000 feet

Eventually the best option is a drone of your own capable of downing other drones. Drone carrier fleets, that's the future of warfare. Nuclear/solar powered drone factories/carriers hovering at the edge of space will be the new nuclear deterrent.

Someone clearly doesn't duck hunt.

>I wonder how well surface to air missiles scale
Not very well beyond a certain factor(keep in mind your fluid isn't changing but the size of your model is), but fluid dynamics isn't as much of a black art as it once was.
Biggest concern for me is how well do rocket motors scale down, both economically and mechanically.