Reasonable gun control ideas

inb4 SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I'm an eurofag and I think it's reasonably simple around here to get guns. The process includes an interview by the police and an explanation on "why do you need a firearm, etc." and put simply, it allows for anyone who wants to shoot funs for fun or for hunting to get one reasonably simply.

For buying guns, you get a "buying permit", which is then filled out by the person you buy the gun from, whether at a gun show, directly from someone or from a store.

This -could- be easier but with what the EU is doing I really doubt it'll get any more lax. However, this system seems to work pretty well.

What would be an -actual- method of gun control in Jow Forums's opinion that would have impact on gun safety, guns ending up in the hands of criminals and so on and so forth. Since "ban assault ARs" is dumb. Also I'd like to hear details about the US gun laws as a lot of the info I get is confusing. Like, you can buy a gun from a yard sale with cash, but at Walmart there's a background check, while you can't even buy a gun in NY?

I think a simple method would be (and I know this may not be received well) would be two-fold. Gun license and gun registry. The gun license can be obtained in the same way an ID can, the requirements being fairly reasonable (not a criminal, insane, over 18) and should be one license for the person, not one license for each gun the person has. Then when you buy a gun from anywhere, you're expected to show this alongside another form of ID to prove who you are.

Obviously this won't stop criminals from selling guns to criminals, but if you had a gun registry additionally, it'd raise the bar to do so. As in, gun X belongs to user, bought from user's Ammo Shop. If user sells gun X, he informs the cops of this (Which could simply be done online with a form), or if gun X is stolen or lost from him, he has the duty to inform the cops of this. Otherwise, if gun X is used in a crime, user is held responsible.

Attached: guncontrol.jpg (640x498, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also post became way too tl;dr so the short of it:

Instead of fucking stupid memelaws like banning AR-15s, what could actually be done about gun violence, while letting us still have our funs?

Also will answer questions related to gun laws where I live if anyone is interested.

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

EUROKEK LEAVE

Attached: 1519368722838.jpg (890x656, 138K)

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

Attached: NO STEP.png (650x1350, 609K)

You do understand that in the US rifles including assault rifles make up less that 400 murders a year.

Almost all murders are done with hand guns.

I know, lets make murder, gun and drug trafficing, and theft all illegal! That will cut down on crime :^)

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

SHALL

>I'm an eurofag and I think it's reasonably simple around here to get guns. The process includes an interview by the police and an explanation on "why do you need a firearm, etc." and put simply, it allows for anyone who wants to shoot funs for fun or for hunting to get one reasonably simply.

>For buying guns, you get a "buying permit", which is then filled out by the person you buy the gun from, whether at a gun show, directly from someone or from a store.

Wow, you know what I do as a member of a free state?
>go up to private party
>give them money
>get gun

Or
>go to gun store
>fill out single sided paper
>seller does 5 minute phone call
>give them money
>get gun

You simple sounds worse than our shittiest states.

The problem is that the left has shown time and time again that their goal is to get rid of all guns, so every law passed will be interpreted and used maliciously.
>(not a criminal, insane, over 18)
Non-violent crime? Misdemeanor? Take your guns.
Went to a psychiatrist once for ADHD in middle school? Take your guns. And if you have nothing wrong with you we'll redefine mental illness to take your guns.
Oh, and they're pushing for over 21 now.

Yeah, so what can be done about handguns, then? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Memelaws about AR-15's or high-capacity magazines won't help anyone.

I'm not sure why I was expecting anything else than this memery. This is the reason stupid gun laws get passed.

Is this refuting his point or confirming It? Because that shows It's not even 400, It's closer to 300.

registries enable confiscation, among other things, so fuck no.

in most cases you don't need a license just to have something, only to use it. also, legally it is a right, not a privilege, so requiring a license creates an undue burden.

just about the only compromise i'd be willing to accept is opening NICS to the public somehow (similar to how the Swiss do background checks, afaik), in exchange for having the NFA repealed and the feds enforce 50-state concealed carry reciprocity.

Attached: 1518940969328.png (600x829, 108K)

When was the last time a legally owned assault rifle or any automatic weapon used to murder someone?

The whole thing with background checks in the US depends on where the gun is being purchased from. If you're buying it from a store, a check is done. If you're selling a gun yourself to another person, there is no check done. The idea is that you can sell a gun you don't want or have no use for. But you can't buy a gun from a store and turn around and sell it right away.

Why did you just state part of the system currently in effect in Australia?

No, the reason we keep getting stupid gun laws is because of people who want to “compromise”

Violent criminals need to stay in jail.

Non-violent criminals need a slap on the wrist.

The justice system in American is way to lenient on people who commit real crime. They always get to plea deal it down and get out early on good behavior. But if they catch you smoking some crack in your home that is a mandatory minimum of 30+ no plea deal.

Fucking this
Pro gun have been on the defensive for years and just compromise endlessly.

Please. I’m begging you, OP. Never step foot on American soil as long you live.

>what laws can we create to stop criminals
>what laws can we create to stop people who ignore laws
Gee bill, i dont know, you got me there. Next up on kay pee oh ell we enact the "no more you vee rays" act, banning the sun from ever giving people skin cancer again.

Which is why background checks literally don't seem to matter because I can skip that part by buying a gun from a private party. Shouldn't something be done about this?

Well, obviously that is the worst case scenario with a system like this and should be avoided at all costs. Around here you can get away with speeding tickets and such, but if you say, steal a car, they'll take your guns away. I think it's not unreasonable to take guns away from someone who is willing to say, commit fraud or steal a car.

Pretty much never, which is why laws regulating those are stupid.

But I can buy a gun from a store, drive an hour away, and then give it to someone there for cash in hand?

No, the reason you keep getting stupid gun laws is because instead of even considering compromise, you go "Shall not be infringed" and talk about forming a militia.

Guess because Aussies have a system similar to ours? I think the processes in civilized nations are similar, the expection being the USA.

Do not post threads about gun control. They belong on Jow Forums.

bin the registry and it would be ok

Attached: 7E471022-D2AB-4FA8-9AEF-1D0B262C745E.jpg (125x93, 10K)

I dunno, actually enforce the laws against our criminals instead of putting them in jail for six months at a time and letting them out on probation and parole for crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery, etc?

Or perhaps actually reforming our justice system and mental health facilities.

What most eurocucks and anti-fags don't care to realize is that, statistically speaking, for every one person who is violently killed with a gun this year, five americans are going to kill themselves with illegal drugs, usually heroin or a similar substance.

And again, most of those violent murders are drug related too.

It's honestly literally never been the guns, America is in a massive mental health and drug crisis. If you look at what the countries with similar rates of gun ownership but much less murder have that we don't, it's functional mental healthcare and sensible drug policies.

Agreed. Most people have no idea how many violent scumbags are out walking the streets because of our weak justice system. I’m not saying we need cruel and unusual punishment, but can these motherfuckers at least serve their full sentence, and not just half(often less than that)?

Why should we consider compromising when we never get anything back? Gun owners have compromised and have nothing to show for it, so you can fuck off with your bullshit

I'd rather talk to people who know guns than memepolitics, considering the thread would turn to holocaust denialism within two posts.

Will move to the states just to spite you, and because I want to be able to build a shooting range on my yard or basement.

So effort should be put into drug trafficking, mental health issues and less lenient punishments for crime?

Literally none of the things you suggested have ever been proven to reduce crime. All they do is make it easier to confiscate guns.

Trying to deal with homicides by passing gun laws is like trying to heal a sucking chest wound with a band-aid. You're barking up the wrong tree. Improve the schools, end the war on drugs, actually control the borders, reform the prison system, all of these things would be infinitely more effective than controlling firearms, which is completely ineffective.

address the cultural and societal changes over the last 50 years that have led to more shootings? Also mental health.

The reason people don't want to get onboard with a registry or all sales going through a background check is they have zero trust in the feds. What's to keep them from later changing the rules for the cost per transfer or what guns can be transferred. Gun owners have been burned many times before, (nfa,machine gun registry, etc) that they don't want to give an inch.

Your “compromise” consists of us only losing rights and getting nothing in return. I’m not giving another inch. Fuck you and fuck your country

Here in murica, things like smoking weed, public intoxication, shoplifting, etc, are all grounds to have current firearms taken away. Actually, if you smoke weed at all, you can't legally buy or possess a gun, technically that's a felony.

But remember that a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or ANY felony is a PERMANENT disqualification.

Which means if 40 years ago at 18 you smoked weed while owning a gun (unlikely but possible) you are lifetime DQ'd from owning a gun.

>le compromise meme

we've literally never had a single goddamn compromise in this country. Every law we've ever had has been removing more of our rights for no purpose, because even thought the laws are touted as "strong" or "doing something about crime!" the statistics show they are literally fucking useless.

Yes, gun laws can reduce gun crime. However, before you jump up and down for joy, consider that that's just GUN crime. It's kind of like me admitting that removing all knives from existence decreases the number of stabbings. Unfortunately, it will not decrease the total number of murders, and this is well proven by statistical evidence.

The absolute main factor for reducing murder is economics and the overall social health of a country or region. Gun laws don't address this. That's why DC had a complete ban on handguns for over 30 years, but one of the top 3 highest rates of murder in our country for that entire period.

There is a good chart out there in the wild somewhere showing very clearly that there is no statistical correlation between the number of guns owned by the citizens of a country and said country's murder rate. Again, economic factors.

Something like that.

Frankly I think that switching from "punish the fuckers!" to actually trying to fix the ones who can still be fixed would be much better.

There's a saying that in America, a lot of people have to go to jail to learn how to be criminals, because our jails are so bad (over population, violence, drugs, rape) that you either get in with a gang in the bad ones, or you will literally get assraped to death by someone who doesn't like you. And our justice system and country in general is so fucked up that a lot of people just laugh and act like people deserve to get violently pounded in the ass by Bubba because lol weed. Like that's a simple fact of prison life.

While it's a meme around here that criminals come here to commit crimes because our prison system is literally free education and upkeep.

>compromise
I'm going to fuck you in the ass with a rusty spike. You don't want that to happen? Okay, let's compromise. I'll still fuck you with it, but I won't wrap it in barbed wire first. If you don't complain I might even use lube.

I am from eastern EU and fuck you.
You have to be 21 to own a gun, if you dont own a hunting ticket or represent a shooting team.
It took me 3 months to just get the damn license, I had to be checked by a MD, psychologist and if you buy a gun for self defense the cops literally go and ask your neighbours about you.
Just to get the license I paid:
16€ just to give in an application
20€ sports club membership
30€ for a medical check
80€ for a psychological check
50€ for an exam on laws, first aid, etc. There I was judged by 2 police women and a prosecutor
Now if I want anything other than a 22LR I have to fill a permit, pay 16€, wait for them to give it to me back.
Then if I find a nice gun on the opposite side of the country, I have to buy it at the local police station with the owner. So I cant go there at 18.00 or such. And then with my new fun I have to go back to my local police station and pay 5€ to police to register it.
Also no shooting outside official ranges.

Is that reasonable to you you little shit?

>shouldn't something be done about this?
Nothing can be done. UBCs are unenforceable because they're 100% dependant on the individual in question going out of their way to obey the law.

>it's not unreasonable to ban criminals from owning guns
I agree. But we already do that here.

>But I can buy a gun from a store, drive an hour away, and then give it to someone there for cash in hand?
That's called a straw purchase and it's a felony. Not that it's enforcable, but if they do catch you doing that you're going to federal prison.

>the reason you keep getting stupid gun laws
Is because we keep accepting "compromises" that aren't compromises at all. "I'm going to take some of your freedom instead of all of it and you get nothing in return" is not a compromise.

The problem with what you're proposing, and I understand that it's well-intentioned, is that if you accept the premise that gun control works at all then once they pass this and it does fuck all to reduce crime, they're just going to demand something more restrictive and stupider. You are assuming that the anti-gun lobby is acting honestly and in good faith. That is an incorrect assumption.

The reality is that these laws do jack shit. All of them. The best argument against gun control is that it doesn't work. As soon as you accept the premise that it does, you've already lost.

>Gun license and gun registry. The gun license can be obtained in the same way an ID can

You mean like voting licenses and taxes, which were used to keep certain people from voting.

I'm all for giving government more power to deny my rights.

Sage and fuck off

Also when I went to the police departement to take my gun license they literally had a folder with my name. Fucking creepy if thats what you have to undergo just to plink a 22lr

So all in all, Jow Forums's consensus (if one can ever be reached) is that instead of gun control, effort should be poured into stopping hard drugs, penalizing criminals more effectively and mental health and societal reforms?

Nope, that sounds like shit. I always wonder how people get into shooting teams with draconian laws like that.

We actually used to have a psychological check too, but they are removing it since there was no connection between it and gun crime, which astonishes me. The part they are actually removing the check, that is.

In actual developed countries everyone gets to vote, once, with any valid ID, and they get one for free if they're poor.

sorry mutts

Apparently photo ID is racist here

So these "gun licenses" will be a free ID card with no restrictions that all govern,ent agencies MUST print for anyone who requests one? Then whats the fucking point?

And you still go on about freedom.

The point would be to -not- give them to people who aren't entitled for one. Say, criminals, kids or mentally challenged individuals.

It won't stop DeShawn from giving Jack the rapist asshole a gun on a parking lot, but it might prompt John not to sell Jack a gun at his yard sale to Jack the rapist asshole.

I didnt say that. I referred to your elections where all kinds of tricks have been attempted, with varying success, to both prevent people from voting and allowing people to vote more than once, depending on the state

To me personally ideal gun license would be a "this guy is not a dangerous criminal or lunatic" proof to be shown at the gun shop, and thats it. It should be of reasonable price and need at most criminal record and maybe medical background check. Renewed say every 10 years, but not renewing wouldnt cancel permits/bring cops to my door. It wouldnt stop grabbers from wanting more but it'd be something I'd be fine with.

People will more likely get killed from drunks than anything related to guns.
If you ask me, I say we should start repealing some old bans and regulations. Those who compromise only kick a can down the road and usually make situations worse in the long run.

European here, fuck gun control, making things illegal only stops lawabiding citizens from getting, doing, persuing whatever. Otherwise the whole thing would have been fixed by making crime illegal fucking duh.
Tl:dr
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

You won’t be spiting just me, but every gun owner in America with your ideas for “reasonable gun control”. Gonna come here, support shit like that, then expect to be able to build your own shooting range. Yea, ok. Dude, don’t ever come here. I don’t mean that as internet banter or Jow Forums bullshit either. I really mean it. You’re not welcome here and you never will be. And I’m sure most Americans on Jow Forums agree with me.

First of all
the leftist already shown that this isn't about "reasonable" gun control but about absolute confiscation of guns
second of all
gun owners in america get nothing in return everytime new regulation passes
if burgers have to get gun permits why can't they own modern full autos?
and 3rd
i bet you're a fucking german, everytime i meet german shooters on competitions they're the most obiedend dogs saying how they're happy they have laws unlike america
dumb fucking kraut
t. euro

Attached: 1506801607767.jpg (960x720, 160K)

Oh I forgot one thing too. Every 10 years you hsve to get checked by a MD and a psychologist again.

The mutt insult only works on Jow Forumsacks

Land of the free, everyone :3

shut up you fucking german furry fag

G*rmany was a mistake.

Attached: 1472756863771.png (1186x889, 434K)

>make a thread to americans
>when it's 4 am in US
congrats you retard

Honestly I think the only thing that'd make any difference is background checks on non-private sales. Make sure the NICS database actually has good info. Have people do instant background checks on FFL purchases. Or optionally get a free pre-check permit from the police station to avoid future bgc's. Get rid of any and all bans and restrictions, just make sure felons, domestic abusers, the mentally insane as declared by the courts, nick cruz, etc are in the system. No gun registries btw.

Exactly. We don't want bootlickers shitting it up.

Just because it's the land of the free doesn't mean it's the land of you're free to come here.

Shall not be infringed.

NOT

This. Not to mention some eurocuck-laws like "semi-auto firearms the merely LOOK like ones that are used in a military force are forbidden".
Here for example, expanding ammunition is illegal (except for hunting) because muh scary, conceald carry is a no-go because "LOL, I don't want the kids of my wife grow up in a situation like in america were murders and mass-shootings happen every 0.002842 seconds" (sadly uttered by many hasguns) and bullshit like that.
t. swiss

I actually really like the idea of pre-check cards. Just go to the Cop Shop, and pay them like 10 bucks to do a background check and give me a little card that says I can pass a background check. Not mandatory, you should still be able to do the check at the FFL, but it would save me a hell of a lot of time. And it would be nice to have some proof that the person I'm selling a gun to is someone who can legally own one.

Yes it is, so stay the fuck out so it can remain that way.

Then how about instead of expensive licenses and a registry that's just going to be a prelude to confiscation, just have the government develop an app for your phone that lets you do background checks on people. It doesn't have to tell you anything specific, just pass or fail like NICS does. I know I'd use it. I don't want to sell to criminals. But I also don't want to drive for half an hour and pay a fucking fee in order to lend a gun to my cousin who I know for a fact doesn't have as much as a parking ticket.

The system around here is that you can loan a firearm to anyone who has access to a similar firearm unsupervised, or to anyone if it's supervised by you. Which works reasonably well. I can bring my friends to the gun range, or if I have a friend going out shooting I can give my gun(s) for him to try if he wants to.

There's a sying that I really like: Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.
It's the same way with freedom here in europe.

I feel ya the fudd is dtrong here, but im p sure rifle hollowpoints are very much legal without anything extra its just hangun hps and even there are some loophole quasi hp rounds on the legal market

The problem is that in the u.s. lending Is legally the same thing as selling. They're both transfers.

What if my cousin is noguns and wants to try going hunting to see if he likes it, but doesn't want to go through your whole long retarded process to get a "mother may I?" card.

>long gun: manually operated, no optic
no papers

> handguns
judge gotta certify you're weak or likely to be endangered beyond natural capacity to withstand. so, brinks man, that girl who works at the bar. old people and parents who live in dumb neighborhoods.

> literally everything else
local militia issues papers. light oversight/ training req. maybe we can get the neets together so they can be friends and prevent stupid things from happening. Also, i want a suppressor.

There's literally no point to any of this. It won't stop crime. All it does is fuck over law abiding citizens for no reason.

I live in a town of like 5,000 people. We haven't had a single murder in more than 20 years. Why the fuck should I have to jump through all these hoops just because urbanite scum can't stop killing eachother?

this is what average "reasonable gun control" people is
ask yourself again why people here don't want any fucking gun control

Attached: 9g.png (652x214, 18K)

How does this person have so little self-awareness that they failed to realize that they just completely btfo'd their own argument?

BE

as long as someone with a permit, even if they're not his guns that are being used, is more or less with the noguns people its okay t. anotherfag

Hmm. So ypu propose some sort of system to check on people's backgrounds to ensure they're not criminals when they buy guns. A national system to instantly check the background of an individual. Some kind of "national instant check system".

Attached: hmmmmm.png (512x512, 26K)

He goes hunting with some guys. Hunting is a lot more than just shooting at game, so they might go to the woods once without a gun with someone to see what it's like?

Alternatively, he "might" carry his friends shotgun for him since he's there, and it just "might" go off when he "happened" to point it at game and he just "might" have hit. And unless an official happens to see the exact moment of the shot, there's nothing they can do.

I mean, my decisive moment to decide to get a hunting license when I COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT hit a bird while out hunting with my dad.

Who is this and why are they retarded

But why does anyone need the permit? There's zero evidence that they reduce crime in any way, so it's just a hassle for no reason.

Why should he have to break the law in order to do something that isn't wrong?

Instant? Nah, you'd get checked once and then have a physical card to show at the gun store or to cops if they ask. And if an individual with gun licence would get convicted of violent crime they'd see in their database that this guy has a license and they could cancel it and send an officer to retrieve the individual's card and/or guns.

of course it wouldnt be perfect, and nobody but maybe the commies wants a police state. But that could be something I'd be fine with and much preferred to silliness such as needing a permit every time I buy more than 50 rounds or every time I get a new gun

>the solution to making a retarded law justifiable is ignoring it
>the appropriate way to follow a law is to literally be a criminal
Unironically hang yourself.

>not realizing this system already exists
You're a retard.

>But why does anyone need the permit? There's zero evidence that they reduce crime in any way, so it's just a hassle for no reason.
Its the way it is. And I think its at least 99 % to connect legally acquired and held firearms to a person, so they they cant be sold to black market without a risk. "Gypsies" can steal a gun every now and then but with permit system its impossible to make it a business.

Its still harassing law-abiding, safe and responsible people, I know, but yeah.

>They could send an officer to retrieve the individual's card and/or guns.
And that there is exactly why people don't want licenses.

>that could be something I'd be fine with and much preferred to silliness such as needing a permit every time I buy more than 50 rounds or every time I get a new gun
I think it's all fucking silly, so why bother?

INFRINGED

Not every place in the world is like the one you happen to live in.

Just because that's the way it is in your shithole country doesn't mean it should be that way in mine

>thread specifically about gun laws in the US
>Hey guys why dont you have background checks?
>we already have that
>WOW, NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE THAT!
Fuck off, no guns. We're full

Attached: file.jpg (228x320, 87K)

>Its the way it is.
Not an argument

>with permit system its impossible to make it a business.
Really? Because I think Mexico would like to have a few words with you.

>Its still harassing law-abiding, safe and responsible people, I know, but yeah.
But fucking nothing.

>I'm an eurofag and I think it's reasonably simple around here to get guns.

I disagree. The only "reasonable restrictions" are: felon or mentally incompetent

What is reading comprehension? No, you do not have such a system in place in the US.

>Shouldn't something be done about this?

Here's a simple solution that does not decrease liberty: allow private sellers access to NICS.

>Well, obviously that is the worst case scenario with a system like this and should be avoided at all costs.

The only way to avoid it is to not have it in the first place.

Once again, you are assuming that the anti-gun Lobby will stop if we let them have permits. They won't. They'll never stop. Because your dumb law won't reduce crime, so they'll just call for more and stupider laws. And because you've already conceded, they'll get them too. Look what the EU is about to do to you.

Google NICS and neck yourself

Mexico is what it is because the government is corrupt and isnt actually in control, the whole place is a shithole in civil war. Someone asked about noguns hunting in places with a permit system and I replied, no need to get defensive.

I didnt assume anything, in fact in my very first reply to this thread I said
> It wouldnt stop grabbers from wanting more but it'd be something I'd be fine with.

Its impossible to have conversation here because everything gets met with SHALL NOT BE and thats the end of the discussion. I hpe you're not like that irl

What is a 4473? What is the NICS? What are background checks?
>DURR, OM A EUROPOOR FAGGOT
>IM NOGUNS
>I KNOW MORE ABOUT US GUNLAW THAN THE GUY WHO BUYS A GUN EVERY OTHER MONTH!
Keep
Yourself
Safe