Hypothetical: You hear that a police officer was shot and killed by a man immediately after the officer shot the man's...

Hypothetical: You hear that a police officer was shot and killed by a man immediately after the officer shot the man's dog unprovoked.

What would be your thoughts?

Attached: dog-parrot.jpg (539x358, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWtp_wnz2XA
news4sanantonio.com/news/local/schertz-police-conducting-manhunt-in-the-area
kansascity.com/news/local/article195866854.html
courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/01/19/prospect-police-officer-racist-messages-kill-blacks/1048979001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is he black or white?

It's the right of the citizen to use their arms to protect themselves and their property.

Wait, the dog, the man, or the cop?

Is there footage 5 minutes either side of the shooting?

>What would be your thoughts?

That i heard that a police officer was shot and killed by a man immediately after the officer shot the man's dog unprovoked

It's better to reserve judgment than to be an idiot and act rashly

That I hoped the guy got away :)

Good
Fuck the whole "I'm scared for muh lief, it lookd liek gun" bullshit. You signed up to be a fucking cop, it's a dangerous job, act like a professional and not some white/black/whatever trash.

It is not usually just a case of “oh no the mean policeman walked up and shot my dog”
In most cases you’re talking about hoodrats or white trash with untrained, aggressive dogs that they either can’t or refuse to control. And then they blame the police when Sparky gets shot snarling and sprinting towards an officer in the street because “he was just being friendly!”

There's still a chain of escalating force.

Conflicted because hoodrats and other trash tend to have poorly trained dogs in not so pleasant conditions that'd make any creature snap and because the officer in question could potentially be a double digit IQ dumbass who larps as special forces. So reserve full judgment for when all the info gets released.

There is, but unless you can get out of the dogs reach you can’t do much other than use a firearm.

i'd feel bad unless i found out it was a beagle. beagles fucking suck.

Id high five him.

Attached: 1522337749987.jpg (640x692, 104K)

>beagle
We truly are the internet hate machine. At least one person here is guaranteed to hate something.

And pray tell, what is the recommended procedure in a confrontation against a dog? Draw your baton and shout clear and loud orders to stop approaching? Beat it when it fails to comply and jumps for your throat? Taze it when the beatings doesn't work? Draw your firearm and give it a final warning? Yeah, its probably unneccesary to shoot a chihuahua or corgi or something unless it was a street dog due to the possibility of rabies, but against a GSD, pitbull or Mastiff? You're definitely going for the gun first when you see that thing coming for you fangs bared

Pitbulls > Police

Never understood why the police hate is so strong on Jow Forums

It borders on what criminals and edgy kids think of LEOs. Of the hundreds of police shootings every year maybe two or three are unjust bad shoots. If you heard someone in your backyard had a gun and you HAD to confront him I doubt you would wait for him to shoot when he is pointing what looks like a gun right at you.

>lolol bootlicker XD XD XD

Attached: 1485748309327.jpg (2250x1500, 279K)

Anywhere from 25 to 50 household pets are killed daily by American police officers m8

Projectile tazors can down a 200lb man, it can down a 90lb dog.

>over 10,000 pets are shot each year by police

Did you just click the nation article and say fuck it this is fact!

Attached: 1476549012565.jpg (640x665, 63K)

If a Rottweiler was charging full-speed at me to attack, there’s no fucking way I’d rely on a damn taser. The probes miss and it’s already on top of you.

Yes

That seems kind of ridiculous. I'd believe 25 to 50 in total, but not per day.

sorry, the North won and thus is untrue in current year

Chihuahuas are the worst, yapping little bastards

My main gripe with police is that when it comes to shootings, they are held to a lower standard than the average gun owners defending themselves

If you kill a mans DAG for no reason (its not attacking you or anyone or behaving aggressively)
Then that man to shall be killed.

for if a police DAG is shot by a man then that man is sentenced to jail for life for first degree murder of a police officer.

It is only fair in turn to visit the same thing on a Police officer that kills your DAG.

Police officers - stay away from the DAGS and their won't be a problem.
Kill the DAG and you die

You would trust two metal fish hooks being sprung out to punch through the fur and embed into the skin of a rushing dog? Tasers are a roll of the dice on a person who just has on a t shirt.

good

What kind of dog is it and what race are the officer and man

Look at the process of what happens when a cop shoots someone. It is treated as any other justifiable homicide case. Fuck they are under more scrutiy now considering the political climate. It isn't like they get a pat on the back and are thrown back into the mix the next day.

Tazers have lower than 80% success rate

Why beagles suck?

For sake of simplicity, white cop, white man, weimaraner.

>strawman dog charge

Half the time when they murder a dog it is because it got loose and is standing there, unaggressively. They kill it because they're authoritarian fucks with zero empathy towards the animal or its owner, and know they won't get in trouble.

And are non lethal. The choice to take a life should not be because you're slightly more likely to resolve a non-dangerous situation.

>Dog is black.

Welp, he was a good boy.

Guys, this just in. There’s been another police shooting of an innocent doggo. Here’s a pic of the sweet doggo

F

Attached: F4CB6EC3-AE3E-4AE6-93FB-1096AE8445FA.jpg (720x538, 64K)

>non lethal
>non
>NON
>NON LETHAL

please go

>And are non lethal
less lethal is the proper term. people have died from being tazed.
>The choice to take a life should not be because you're slightly more likely to resolve a non-dangerous situation.
the OP stated that the shooting of the dog is "unprovoked." meaning the dog is not running at the officer, nor snarling, etc. the dog literally did nothing and the cop shot it. dont misunderstand the discussion here

>non lethal
Nigger you are getting an electric current shot into your body, non lethal my ass. It's just a little less lethal than a bullet.

Ok, I was inaccurate. For the sake of semantics, intending to kill versus intending to immobilize.

And nothing of value was lost.

A large, angry dog charging you is a potentially lethal threat, and justifies a lethal response.
If they didn’t want their dog to get shot, they should have trained it and kept it under control

Was it a pitbull?

Do you have any actual stats to back that up or is this just your conjecture?

>Unprovoked.

The entire basis of the question is that the dog was not attacking.

upboated

why are people so insistent that the lives a criminals are worth something?

tasers have their place, sure. some drunk at a baseball game mad as hell his team lost doesn't need shot, nor do teenagers caught spraypainting an abandoned building, but for real criminals committing felony crimes? just fuckin' shoot 'em, save the taxpayer some money.

at the same time though, if a police officer is found to have wrongfully killed someone they should receive the death penalty.

...so in this instance the dog in question was a criminal?

> Cop was on my property without my permission
> Detonate claymores

isn't that pretty much what happened at ruby ridge?

Well they also shot the guy's wife and kid in "self defense" too.

Not talking about this particular scenario, just in general. Police should be kind and helpful to citizens, and uncompromising and unsympathetic to criminals.

Right now the poles are reversed though, I'm no pig apologist. Well meaning, law abiding citizens are treated like scum and criminals, not just teenage potheads and the occasional harmless drunkard, real criminals like rapists, heroin/meth dealers, etc are handled with velvet gloves. It's bullshit.

You want a source on unjustified dog shootings? Why the fuck would they even publish such a thing? Come on, be reasonable.

Look up official police procedures, they train you to shoot dogs if you feel the slightest bit threatened. If they execute a warrant, all dogs that aren't locked up get shot. This is official policy.

>guy shoots your dog unprovoked
You have every right to assume this guy is unhinged.
>police shoots your dog unprovoked
You have every right to assume the officer is unhinged.

You're right to self defense doesn't stop because of the suit your assaliant is wearing. A jury may disagree with you, but if you're more reasonable than the officer, you're just going to have to take that chance.

Five minutes of training can teach a cop how to understand a dog's intention.

No knock warrents are a thing, a bullshit thing.

I like cops. I'm friends with cops and am usually called a bootlicker at work. Some cops, and most importantly, some entire departments, are shitheads. They shoot dogs through fences and if you stick your dog in a bathroom, they'll assume you're hiding something in there and shoot the dog through a crack in the door rather than wait the ten minutes to deal with it properly. These people are the same cops that will shoot a half naked man in a hallway for pulling up his underwear, or shoot an unarmed woman through their own door. Cops have a right to defend themselves, but not to be an unreasonable hazard to the public. If they're that scared of people, or that authoritarian, they have no right to a badge.

Fuck those guys.

This senpai desu.

Attached: 1521668054181.gif (306x205, 2.97M)

>law abiding citizens are treated like scum and criminals

>police ask me to get out of my car
>i get out of my car
>i chill outside car
>police run my shit
>have nothing on me
>they let me go

Follow instructions, be slightly unconvinced, move on with your day.

Even dogs that are locked up, or in a fenced in yard will often get shot.

I was watching Flint Town, and last episode they kill this guy's two dogs. You hear barking and "dog! dog! dog!," then shots. You later hear wimpering and "dog! dog! dog!" and two more shots. It pissed me off so much that the second dog was obviously no threat. I can't even understand why they busted this guy's door down for selling drugs in the first place. Assholes could have gotten themselves killed, rather than just wait for the guy to leave. Not defending the drug dealer, but all this door kicking bullshit, just so some SGT can wear a fake SEALs badge on their pajamas, is retarded.

I love cops too. The job just attracts too many assholes, and those assholes tend to get promoted.

This entire post.

Were you being detained?

You do know you have a constitutional right to travel, don't you?

If a cop pulls you over chances are you did or are doing something wrong. Cop once pulled me over because I had mud covering my plates. He ran my shit which took a total of 4 mins and I wiped the mud off my plates and was on my way.

If you arn't 12 following instructions is pretty fucking easy.

Oh well. Nobody forced him to become a cop.

One time I was pulled over, and one of the officers took my wife to his cruiser and raped her, while his partner stayed with me at my car. I thanked the officer for being quick about it, only took about 10 minutes. Sure, it's not something I was happy about at the time, but one of my headlights was burned out, and being an understanding guy I assumed the officer was just having a bad day and needed some release. It's up to both parties to be understanding and not escalate the situation.

>people unironically think this way

Attached: 1488455297207.jpg (628x504, 35K)

remove atf

> It's a dangerous job
It's really not though, at least not as dangerous as people think. That's the part that makes me really mad.

Attached: thUEY2M8NS.jpg (474x392, 31K)

Attached: Police-Officer-Walks-Ducks-Across-the-road.png (650x496, 612K)

Attached: o-CARVER-PD-RESCUE-DOG-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 334K)

I hope the jury acquits him and sets a good legal precedent. Pets should not be seen by any LEO as fair game for random shootings. One of them shot a housecat for fuck's sake. Hypothetically I would be the one on trial.

I had to deal with plenty of large breed dogs in my early 20s when i was a meter reader and even more so when i worked telecom.

No dog is going to understand "i work for ______ and i need access to the serving pedestal in your owners back yard please don't bite me", and no person expecting their DSL and cable in 2007 was going to accept the excuse of "your neighbors giant ass pitbull chomping at me is scary".

Either deal with the job or find a new one.

>>coming from a cable tech from back in the day who's been shot at more than any of his LEO friends

No matter how scared any cop says she/he is they don't know what it's like to be 15' in the air strapped to a telephone pole and have a mob of youths underneath you screaming how they're going to kill you because your company's logo has too much red, causing your company provided work shirt to be red.

Poor doggo...

Imagine being an EMT with a badge as part of your uniform.

Every night is a fistfight.

SIR *punch* I AM TRYING *punch* TO SAVE YOU! *punch punch*

dunno. but if you hurt my dog I'll take your whole family to the woods and skin them alive before your eyes before I go all Aztec on you. but we are talking cops here - this should be done to them anyway by default.

>>sir are you currently on drugs?
>>no man i took my methadone

Friend paramedics make more than cable techs and get better benefits/respect.

>>eating free chik-fil-a

>Never understood why the police hate is so strong on Jow Forums

because the cops are complicit in everything that we consider "bad" here. do you think May/Merkel whould be doing the shit they do without 24/7 cop protection for themselves?

What a shitty fucking country you live in

Beagles certainly don't suck. Mine can be a little shit when he wants more vegetables or when he wants someone to come outside with him, but that doesn't make him bad.

>more vegetables

like what?

my dad once shot a dog right in the face to intimidate the wife of somebody he had a warrant for to let him into the house

fuckin awesome
pitbull so no loss

Mostly green beans, we buy big frozen bags of them. He gets carrots too occasionally when someone makes a salad.

lel ok. mine likes steamed peas. sometimes she'll take it over meat.

They are given paid leave and then get back on the job assuming that the police department didn't get sued. They are held to a lower standard by politicians, that's what matters, not the public. Cops are servants of the state, not the people. Get that through your head.

>break into man's house
>shocked that the family dog would attack aN obvious threat to it's owner
It's like you hate good boys

My feelings all depend on context. I don't think cops killing animals is ever justified unless they present an immediate threat, and by that I mean a huge dog charging in your general direction. I've heard far too many stories of scumbags blowing dogs away because they were on the other side of a gate and they wanted to search the property or some other bullshit excuse. Now if you're the resident in this situation, I think you're 100% totally justified in shooting that cop in the case of a no-knock warrant or any situation where cops fail to identify themselves or can't be immediately identified before you can react. The problem is cops will never go to jail for this kind of shit. Sovereign Immunity means cops can and will get away with almost anything. Worst case scenario they get paid to leave and go to another state or PD.

>respond to false security alarm
>come alone through the backyard
>Dog timidly approaches with wagging tail
>Back away
>Dog backs away
>Dog moves a foot forward
>SHOTS FIRED!! DOG DEAD
youtube.com/watch?v=mWtp_wnz2XA
This is the fucking police force hard at work.

Lets lay out a scenario, you're at home sleeping and your dog in the yard starts flipping shit. You hear a gun shot, get your rifle and run to your front door. As it's being beaten open you open fire, intruders retreat and you call 911. After waiting the dispatcher tells you cops are there, you see Red/Blue flashing outside and you walk out. Regardless if you're still holding your weapon or not your're immediately met with multiple automatic weapons pointed in your direction. Assuming you can make out the multiple contradicting commands you get down on the ground and get a beating to the forehead and get cuffed if you're lucky. Fast forward a few hours if not a day and you finally find out you're being charged with murder 1 and 5 counts of attempted murder. SWAT got some crack head to finger your house, had the wrong address, or flat out didn't have a warrant in the first place, (and may have tried to get one retroactively for ass covering which has happened before). The entire premise of the raid is bullshit and completely unjustifiable but it doesn't matter. When SRT/SWAT rolled up for a no-knock your dog started barking so they blew it brains out before opening your gate and busting your front door open. As your door was being busted in you legitimately feared for your life and shot the lead guy killing him and seriously wounder 5 others. They never identified themselves as police or identified themselves at all until 911 dispatch told you it was safe to come out of your house. The absolute best case scenario you can hope for is having your charges downgraded to manslaughter and spending the next 15 years to the rest of your life in prison. Worst case scenario you either get tortured to death because the states are just trying random drugs for lethal injection at this point or rot away for the rest of your life in a max facility. I could be wrong but I am not aware of any case that goes differently.

Sweetie, if you didn't have a gun then you'd never be in that situation!

>I could be wrong but I am not aware of any case that goes differently.

cops have been killed during no knock warrants and the shooter got away with self defense. obviously, your story is much more likely. can't provide sauce on the case unfortunately.

They made John Wick 3?

Do you expect the cop to just offer his arm and let the dog maul him? The dog did what it had to do, and so did the cop.

The correct solution is not to leave the house, if your door was just caved in it could be fucking anyone outside, at least let them funnel in and discharge a few.

>>Never understood why the police hate is so strong on Jow Forums

news4sanantonio.com/news/local/schertz-police-conducting-manhunt-in-the-area

kansascity.com/news/local/article195866854.html

courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/01/19/prospect-police-officer-racist-messages-kill-blacks/1048979001/

Any further motives needed?

Hearsay can change a lot in the face of evidence. If it's a fact that anyone shoots anyone unprovoked, they themselves deserve to be shot, regardless of their profession.

I swear I read a story a couple years ago about some cops breaking into a guys bedroom door and he shoots like 3 of them and ends up going to prison.
I think there was some website listing all the times no knock ends up fucking innocent people

>>>>>>ruby ridge

USA!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

Probably a white "gun nut."
Some Mong guy in Minnesota took out a SWAT officer who got the wrong house.

12 gauge slug to the liver I think.