Hello friends. I have found a model 1200 in a bush by my library. Likelihood of it having kills aside...

Hello friends. I have found a model 1200 in a bush by my library. Likelihood of it having kills aside, what's the best way to get this sucker cleaned back up? Pic related

Attached: IMG_4274.jpg (4032x3024, 2.37M)

Bump

Attached: IMG_4275.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

It's in great shape, a normal disassembly and through cleaning should be all it needs. though since it's clearly killed someone you should NOT hide it, or DO turn it in.

sounds good. i was thinking about dunking the metal in a bucket of clp or something because the photos dont really show how bad the interior got rust-wise. i just dont want to strip the bluing

What difference does it make if it was used to kill someone? It's not like they'll CSI the rifling and it'll be a pivotal piece of evidence to convict the killer

Fucking call the cops you dick

If you are going to keep it, at least change the extractor. They might have found empties at the crime scene and extractor marks could be traced back to a particular gun. On the other hand, having the gun might tie back with hard evidence to a suspect and be the one thing that convicts a nog and sends him away for good. The value of a run-of-the-mill shotties ain’t worth letting a piece of shit walk.

No

>They might have found empties at the crime scene and extractor marks could be traced back to a particular gun.
stop watching so much csi. gun fingerprints from the microgrooves and extractor prints are bullshit.
Unless it has microstamping or fingerprints, it's worthless.

nice try, satan.

>Getting fingerprints all over that gun
Nice job smart one

Instead of changing the extractor get a piece of 600 grit sandpaper and polish where it touches the shell. No need for a new one. Pretty much unless it's stolen there isn't much reason for it to rot in an evidence locker. Dubious circumstances that would leave a perfectly good shotgun in a bush aside, I don't think there is much on ops shoulders here. Finders keepers

Outside in the elements there fingerprints wouldn't last long anyway

I'd just scrub the shit out of it with hoppes and a brass bore brush.
Maybe vinegar if the hoppes isn't working for some reason. Surface rust is easy.

Im on to you Satan.

Not very likely that the shotgun can be tied specifically to a murder, but if it was used in a crime there’s a good chance it was stolen.

Some of you fuckers have all the luck, most Jow Forums related thing i have found are chink shit blades and a Gerber hatchet with a broken handle.

It was probably stolen from a truck and ditched by a hobo while he went to take a shit in the library. Enjoy your stolen stolen gun.

Godspeed

Attached: Hotline Team Epic.jpg (771x752, 614K)

That is 100% not how forensics works

Just refinish it, alter the appearance so that someone can't glance at it and say, "that's my gun."
>tfw hear on the news that some faggots found a SW revolver in a field somewhere while they were playing pokemon go
>they turned it in
Fucking faggots, I would have kept that shit.

Microstamping is also worthless. It's literally only called for because they know perfectly well it doesnt work and it was a sleezy way to effectively ban all new handguns that aren't grandfathered.

cops cant tell what shotguns been used in a crime anyways. no ballistics or strike patterns or anything.
shotguns arent gonna be traced beyond "huh buckshot, guess a 12 gauge was used" so no point in turning it in you cunt
>a guy who found a 1911 in the bottom of a dried up lake and restored it to glory
clp bath and steel wool bro.

Attached: colt.jpg (259x194, 4K)

My main worry wouldn’t be that it was used in a crime but rather that the gun was stolen. I’ve heard of pavement apes steal hunting rifles before, use them in drivebys and then put them into storm drains in front of their homes to hide the “forensic evidence”. I highly doubt it killed someone but it’s likely it’s some guys dad’s shotgun that was stolen from the gun cabinet and ditched by the thief later for some reason.

The real shitty part is that giving it back to the cops, even if the guy reported it stolen doesn’t mean he’ll get his shit back. It’ll probably go into evidence and be pulled out to make a drug bust look better

Attached: 30332016-628A-44EA-B4DD-427B40E7ECB7.jpg (750x456, 36K)

I dont know why people think i'm going to be giving it back to anyone. I wouldn't be restoring it if I was.

>so that someone can't glance at it and say, "that's my gun."
it's a completely basic model 1200. Are you retarded?

Fug, but then again it is kind of expected that anyone playing pokemon go past the month it was released is a gun fearing soy boi

Attached: 2cc.jpg (438x516, 40K)

this has to be you, right?

Attached: 1519499757574.png (1174x553, 171K)

What kind of countertop is that homes?

Wtf dude, that gun was clearly nesting, in a few weeks baby 1200s would of hatched.

I know a few Pokemon go players, all of which CC, own multiple guns.

100% me
wood my friend
damn. and here i already took it apart

>regular old winny 1200
>found in a bush

user turn that thing in. How long have you had it for? Lie about when you found it, tell them you found it today or yesterday if you've had it for any length of time.

Attached: 99nw4OB.png (388x520, 429K)

they can do a metalugical match.

>you found a shotgun
>in a bush
why is america literally a video game?

Cause we're that much into freedom.

You should probably call the local pd tell them you want to check the sn to see if its stolen before you buy it from your methed up neighbor.
Once you're clear, you should cut the barrel down to 18.5 and krylon it woodland pattern. That's what I would do anyway.