BREAKING: 4 US military aircraft crashes THIS WEEK; 5 dead

>NEW YORK -- The famed Thunderbirds are grounded after a pilot died Wednesday during a routine training exercise. The incident marked the fourth U.S. military aircraft crash this week and the fifth fatality. The jet went down around 10:30 a.m. during a routine aerial demonstration training flight over the remote Nevada Test and Training Range.

cbsnews.com/news/deadly-thunderbirds-crash-marks-4th-military-aircraft-incident-this-week/

American """"""technology""""" and American """"""pilots"""" at work. Incompetence? Garbage planes? Or something else?

Attached: 1520849041689.jpg (620x429, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMI3kf4fPk8&feature=youtu.be
google.se/search?dcr=0&source=hp&ei=hzTHWoe1EeGEmwWogK-wCw&q=us air force fleet decline &oq=us air force fleet decline &gs_l=psy-ab.3...10504.45717.0.46445.15.14.0.0.0.0.87.967.14.14.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.13.888.0..0j0i131k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1j0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.-q3odp4BnNw
youtube.com/watch?v=tsSG07jGKjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7FYJFZOXWiM#t=152
breakingdefense.com/2017/09/marine-aviation-deaths-are-six-times-navys/
safety.af.mil:80/Portals/71/documents/Aviation/End
public.navy.mil/NAVSAFECEN/Documents/statistics/StatsPrevYrs/AviationTables.pdf
safety.army.mil/Portals/0/Documents/STATISTICS/Standard/PublicReports/ArmyAccidentStatisticsYearToDate.pdf
structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/navy/news/more.htm?id=12107791@egNews
function.mil.ru/news_page/world/more.htm?id=12063261@egNews&_print=true
safety.af.mil/Portals/71/documents/Aviation/Aircraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probability.

The US military logs hundreds of thousands of flight hours per year, far more than the the next two nations combined, incidents are inevitable.

They still have less incidents per flight hour than most other nations.

>They still have less incidents per flight hour than most other nations.
Got a proof for that claim?

Yeah at your mom's house you little bitch.

Attached: 1522527149852.jpg (1334x750, 205K)

Don't bother asking for that, Jow Forums is overran with people who would like to ride Uncle Sam's Dick to ride in a Murican Invincible Abrams.

Mostly because of old planes. Most of the F-16s in the USAF inventory are ancient and contrary to what most people believe, the airshow squadrons tend to get the oldest and least combat worthy planes.

That's why there's such a big push to get the F-35 out so those old birds can finally be phased out.

>They still have less incidents per flight hour than most other nations.
You can't prove this by nature by the fact that you can't divide by zero.

I heard somewhere that the Blue Angels F-18s shed parts during routines

Putin needs to hire some better shitposters.

I'm starting to think that too.

There's an Angels F-18 at the Pima museum. The docents told me they got it after a demo flight overstressed the airframe.

Normal week

Zero flight hours.

>Normal week
kek'd

It would make sense to use old airframes. Gut them of all weapon systems and avionics like radar, flare launchers, etc. so they can be as light as possible.

Slap a cool paint job on them. Fly them hard and abuse them and then retire them.

The Thunderbirds are a demo team performing high-risk, high-stress maneuvers that put a lot of wear on the airframes. Shitpost all you want, but they're some of the best pilots in the world. Still, when you're constantly risking death on a regular basis, your number's likely to come up sooner rather than later. Shit sucks, but these guys know the risks and wouldn't do anything else.

>Blue Angels still best innaworld though

1 McDonald's cheeseburger coupon has been added to your account.

>4 US military aircraft crashes THIS WEEK
>5 dead
No wonder even shartniks can't endure the shame from making excuses about their garbage planes in this thread.

Attached: 15204384882290.png (900x672, 523K)

mutts are even worse than vatniks. they have a MUCH thinner (and darker lol) skin. they probably clicked ignore on this thread because of the shame.

>>Blue Angels still best innaworld though
>crashes a two seater into a runway for no reason instead of bailing
>G-LOCs into the ground
>G-LOCs into the ground again

Shit boys, depper here, I signed a crew chief contract. Am I going to die?

>t. faggot who thinks G-LOC is rare instead of something that will happen to anyone if they're not careful

>if they're not careful
>implying naval aviators aren't careful
True facts. Good job supporting my argument instead of yours.

US military crashes at a rate that would get entire air fleets grounded if it happened to the civilian sector
face it, they are fucking clowns flying decades old shitboxes

Read the highlighted parts and the bits around them.

Attached: USAF on G-LOC.png (1531x974, 314K)

Yeah, the part where it says G-LOC is very dangerous and hard to predict so be careful and dont constantly push yourself to the limit? You know, the thing BA pilots consistently fail to do?

>You know, the thing BA pilots consistently fail to do?
That's why they die so often, fuckwit. The idiots on the ground who want an airshow aren't going to be impressed with a single flyby followed by 3 minutes of fuck-all while the pilots carefully bring their planes back around on a safe approach. They want the pilots to pull 9Gs and do cool loops and shit. All day long.

Eventually you're going to fuck up. That's why G-LOC is so dangerous, and that's why you don't pull Gs unless you have to in normal military flight.

Doesn't china have the same amount of planes and training hours

theaviation*st[dot]c*m/2017/05/02/blue-angels-fa-18s-make-contact-and-swap-paint-during-flyover-pilots-land-aircraft-safely/

>Popular Mechanics aviation journalist Kyle Mizokami wrote about the 2016 incidents, “The timing of the four [2016] crashes, all within a seven-day period and two days with two apiece, is a wildly improbable coincidence.”

Why do bad things happen in strings of events?? Trouble comes in threes? Celebrities usually die in threes!

Also:
airshowstu*f[dot]c*m/v4/2015/blue-angel-5-loses-part-of-wing-at-rockford-airfest/

fukc these fucking post filters btw tbqh

Attached: BlueAngelMissingSlat.jpg (2000x1333, 1.74M)

you can't tell how many g's a plane is pulling just by watching it, noone on the ground watching gives a fuck about that or even notices.

They could do plenty without risking death and crashing an expensive plane

Is maintenance not done on this planes?

also pilots being idiots pulling high G's is the whole reason why manned planes cost 10 times as much to operate as drones

>the fourth US military aircraft crash this week.
There was the helicopter earlier this week and the Thunderbird. What were the other two? Are they counting each death as an individual crash for some reason?

>you can't tell how many g's a plane is pulling just by watching it
A jet travelling at 400 knots suddenly turning around so close to you and so quickly that you don't even have to turn your body to track it is probably pulling something decent.

>noone on the ground watching gives a fuck about that or even notices.
HAHAHAHA

>They could do plenty without risking death and crashing an expensive plane
That's not the point of the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds. The point is to do crazy, balls to the wall shit for recruitment purposes. A bunch of cool loops will attract more applicants than some flybys.

Do not even try to compare modern fighters to drones. A drone can not dogfight. At all.

The entire purpose of these flight demonstration teams is to do rad, dangerous, crazy shit to show how skilled and insane you are and how awesome it would be to join the Navy/Air Force.
Considering the amount of flight time they get between practice and shows, it's quite remarkable that they aren't all dead already.

Attached: fly by high five.jpg (750x500, 97K)

None of which means they have to do lots of g's

Noone on the ground can tell whether they are pulling 4 g's or 8 g's
Any really noone cares either

Air shows are a meme that cost a vast amount of money, we should be going back to normal tank & artillery parades instead

>Noone on the ground can tell whether they are pulling 4 g's or 8 g's
>Any really noone cares either
You're a fucking idiot. Look. 9G at 0.5 mach will get you 28 degrees per second turn rate, 4G at 0.5 mach will get you about 14 degrees per second turn rate.

Attached: file.php?id=4437&sid=477a4d5884ecf597934a6abc13198d27&mode=view.jpg (1024x723, 419K)

>No one really cares
The air show here has the Blue Angels, tanks, artillery and a simulated combined arms operation with pyrotechnics. The crowd eats that shit up because watching pilots do insane maneuvers while tanks roll around and infantry ropes out of helicopters while shit explodes is fucking rad.

Furthermore, look at this.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMI3kf4fPk8&feature=youtu.be

This is the sort of shit that people like to watch. You can't do this with a modest 3G turn rate.

>watching fags march in a straight line for hours is more entertaining than jets doing coo tricks in the sky
you want to know how i know youre from /his/?

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>Muslim banter

cringe

google.se/search?dcr=0&source=hp&ei=hzTHWoe1EeGEmwWogK-wCw&q=us air force fleet decline &oq=us air force fleet decline &gs_l=psy-ab.3...10504.45717.0.46445.15.14.0.0.0.0.87.967.14.14.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.13.888.0..0j0i131k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1j0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.-q3odp4BnNw

Attached: 14429486299570.jpg (700x498, 117K)

Now that mandicksucker is here, it's an official shitposting thread.

should have bought Chinese

Attached: demyfqiuaaaemmd.jpg (1200x742, 79K)

Attached: army_56a9b3173df78cf772a9.jpg (618x350, 62K)

Attached: 636323572711731867-Diverse-soldiers.jpg (618x324, 54K)

Attached: Breastfeeding-Moms-Nurse-Military-Uniforms.jpg (728x728, 124K)

Attached: MEO.jpg (720x360, 74K)

Attached: Damaged_US_Army_AH-64_Apache_Iraq-618x403.jpg (618x403, 79K)

>that white bitch on the right holding a mutt cub

Burgers will defend this

Attached: 1512347240451.jpg (1200x628, 180K)

>she's Air Force
We don't defend nerds LOL

She's a big girl

Attached: Terran-Echegoyen-McCabe-Christina-Luna.jpg (827x506, 116K)

Attached: 0087921000038_500X500.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Attached: 0087921000085_500X500.jpg (500x500, 57K)

Attached: 0087921000097_500X500.jpg (500x500, 52K)

This thread turned 180 very quickly

I don't think it did at all. Just russians losing it because no ones feeding their drunken shitposting.

Theres a limit user, the frames themselves have a life of some 10,000 hours, some f-16 planes are past that.

>US main strength is air and naval power
>air power can be showcased anywhere with a sky
>"nah lets just have tanks drive around on roads, bet the DoT will LOVE IT"

Whats with the big gay He Man sword

> tfw no pilot gf
youtube.com/watch?v=tsSG07jGKjQ

Attached: unnamed.jpg (530x297, 37K)

I agree with you, but 4 in a single week?

theres rampant race mixing going on in the military, I imagine its all the brainwashing and forced integration, which is probably where all the cucks on Jow Forums come from too

4 crashes in 1 week? Granted, I live a shithole called eastern Europe, but I only heard about the Thunderbird crash. What were the other 3?

>BREAKING: 4 US military aircraft crashes THIS WEEK; 5 dead
Breaking? Sounds like an ordinary week in the US.

Attached: Love+buffing+pharrah+s+damage+when+trying+to+clear+an+objective+_cf9b5e136ed46864180e1e44a5eedbf3.jp (640x638, 74K)

>talking shit on Abrams
proven. combat. record. The only faction to have disabled an abrams is us faggot.

horrry shit!

This why we can't discuss anything anymore.

Nah fuck off. I love with whe blue angels come to town. It gives me anxiety, but that's part of the bad ass factor getting to see them.

Attached: image.jpg (2303x4096, 727K)

kek'd

USAF really like anime swords.

Attached: 85BB5B18-B8BD-473A-AA0A-97E65CF372B8.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

What were the other 4 crashes?

One was a Harrier in Africa

>nerd branch
>fake dungeons and dragons larp swords
Checks out

Because the Blue Angels are like Top Gun on crack

Attached: there-is-your-problem.jpg (474x405, 28K)

> muh stronk womyn
> muh sexual harassment
> muh ragequit
youtube.com/watch?v=7FYJFZOXWiM#t=152
> This month, Marine Katie Higgins piloted for the Blue Angels Aviation Team for the last time. Higgins was the first (and so far, only) female pilot for the second oldest aerobatic team in the world.

>Garbage planes? Or something else?
We're at war. We have been in conflicts with less loses. Probability dictates that this doesn't happen without cause

Nobody cares, the military even has to pay the NFL to let them do flyovers.

>haw haw dum mutts crash da planes
>russia stronk

Attached: vatniks.jpg (645x1000, 167K)

What's with the LockMart (TM) shills in here trying to blame aircraft age in crashes when 90% of all accidents (mishaps in the military) are due to human error, and 70% are due to pilot error. Fuck your slanted position, old aircraft that are maintained are still certified for their envelope. Getting an F-35 won't change the fact that F-16s are used by the Thunderbirds. In fact the USAF uses the F-16 because it's the cheapest fighter in their main inventory to use. Without any evidence, the best guess is that human error is what caused the issue.

What evidence is there that the planes are bad when history shows humans to be the cause. You "pilots" trying to chairfly have no appreciation of human factors and how they influence flight.

Not even remotely close, no.
Civilian sector also flies decades old planes, have multiple redundant safeties, carry much more devastation in a loss or crash, and aren't cruising above mach. Assholes and oranges.

breakingdefense.com/2017/09/marine-aviation-deaths-are-six-times-navys/
Also, lel, crayon eaters.

Meanwhile, Russia is losing planes both military and civil at a pretty regular rate if you count their TU-95 accidents.

>military and civilian are assholes and oranges

really now? because military pilots like to hoot and holler about how much better they are than civilians. Devastation in crashes is irrelevant, a crash is a crash. Mach is irrelevant, name a crash in the last year that is at all related to transonic or supersonic flight.

The reason the military crashes at a higher rate is twofold. First the currency is poorer than the civilian world. Where a civilian 121 pilot will be flying above 70 hours a month assuming they're not on reserve, a military pilot may only get standups and less than 10 hours a month in the fighter community. Second, the civilian flying culture has reached the high point for safety. That's not to say it can't get better, but never before have we had SMS implementation, FOQA tracking and analysis, and existing structures like NASA forms/ASRS/ASAP reports to fill in holes. The military is still in the growing pains stage, and they have much further to go.

It's excusable to say a demonstration team pilot is the best of the best in his field, but you cannot excuse them from the dumbest human mistakes possible. To say that human error can't happen under difficult sections of the flight envelope in a high performance aircraft is absolute bullshit. You're out of your fucking league son.

Attached: 1492755135230.jpg (450x433, 23K)

Fucking guarantee they've got nudes floating around the internet

AF chicks are the biggest sluts

>Completely different aircraft subject to completely different stresses made for and designed completely differently, but the differences have absolutely no relevance whatsoever

Jfc, user.

Where are the difference relevant then? You've interested me with your daring and thought provoking lack of rebuttal.

>.se
He's a fucking swede.

>no military aircraft has ever crashed because of a mechanical fault
Pilot error and CFIT may be top dog, but the most recent Thunderbirds crash before this was an engine failure, and many helicopter crashes are due to mechanical failures because even new airframes are still helicopters. It is less safe to do crazy shit in an F-16C 3000 hours past it's life extension that it would be to do it in a brand new one (after break in, obviously).

As for civilian aircraft, you've fucked up if you pull 4G in anything but an aerobatic frame, which does make it somewhat easier to maintain, and less likely to experience failures, especially considering that they probably wont hit 2G in a normal flight. You have to push shit pretty hard to break it, but that's exactly what aerobatic pilots do to the aircraft and themselves.

Also military pilots need to learn how to fucking fly right holy shit enough with the overhead breaks while I'm trying to scoot my Skyhawk downwind at eighty knots.

>no military aircraft has ever crashed because of a mechanical fault
your words, not mine. My point is that the military has had a majority of crashes as the result of human error. IIRC the last thunderbird engine failure, if it was the one after the USAFA flyover was human error. A mechanical failure is different than a maintainer making an error that causes a crash. IIRC the maintainer was blamed by USAF investigations as the primary cause of the mishap. Still a human error.

>helicopters crash
nuff said

>fucked if you pull 4gs
do the math on your envelope, a Normal category skyhawk (172S) can go to 3.8gs, and if you get it into the utility category, it'll be rated to 4.4gs. These numbers are based on the max weights allowed by the category, so the wings are rated to 3.8gs at 2,550lbs (9,690lbs loaded) and 4.4gs at 2,200lbs (9,680lbs loaded). That's the cessna certified no damage weight the wings can hold. Because the numbers only disagree by 10 pounds, use either max to interpolate the max gs you can pull at any given weight. Additionally, an aircraft is certified to 1.5 times it's certified gs before disintegration, so Normal is 5.7gs and Utility is 6.6, at 14,520-14,535 pounds being allowed on the airframe before disintegration should happen. You can do this for any aircraft category with it's W&B.

>overhead patterns are gay
they bleed energy quickly, they have their place for fighters. Note how no one who tracks heavies does this after T-6s.

Yeah but civilians don't fly the crazy ways Thunderbirds do.

What's your point? Do maneuvers have any relevance to the recent crashes? Or has it been an issue of currency and the military's resistance to changing climates in aviation and sequestration?

nigger

USAF has 1,590,000 flight hours; USN 845,000; marines 227,000 and Army 374,000 in 2017 fiscal year. Also some hours has coastal guard. RuAF had 340,000 hours for 2016 and Navy had 30,000 for 2015. Land forces has no dedicated aviation. So typically US aviation has something like 8 times more flight hours than Russian aircrafts. Can't find statistics for China, but I don't think they can compare.
safety.af.mil:80/Portals/71/documents/Aviation/End of Year statistics/FY17.pdf
public.navy.mil/NAVSAFECEN/Documents/statistics/StatsPrevYrs/AviationTables.pdf
safety.army.mil/Portals/0/Documents/STATISTICS/Standard/PublicReports/ArmyAccidentStatisticsYearToDate.pdf
structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/navy/news/more.htm?id=12107791@egNews
function.mil.ru/news_page/world/more.htm?id=12063261@egNews&_print=true

>Mostly because of old planes.
No. Mostly because of large amount of airframes and flight hours. Some Navy and marine old aircraft have problems with spare parts, but it doesn't cause significant amount of mishaps. Today F-16's crash rate is 1-2 per 100,000 flight hours, and this is a good result.
safety.af.mil/Portals/71/documents/Aviation/Aircraft Statistics/F-16.pdf

You just listed flight hours. It wasn't even in question that US has had more of those

>Spoonfeed me i am an idiot
>claiming US has many crashes per flight hours is okay
>claiming the opposite? PROOFS! PROOOOOOFS!!!?!!
And this is why vatniks are just hypocrite liars. Inb4
>b-ut but i am not a vatnik

>your words, not mine
>what is greentext, the post
Of course maintqner fuckups arr human error, but they cause mechanical failures. A steel beam will never fail if you never do anything with it after forging, but thats kind of irrellevant to beams used in bridges. Long story short, old planes are easier to break, old fighter jets moreso.

>>fucked if you pull 4gs
Learn to read, I said you fucked up if you pull four. Even an excessively tight steep turn will maybe do ya three.

Demo teams don't wear G-suits--the level of precision required when pulling Gs 18" from the next guy doesn't mix well with a G-suit kicking in whenever it feels like it.

So, yeah, G-LOC is a serious issue for demo teams.

>r-russia please don't think bad about our planes please
>we're not weak
>russia please, we still stronk
pathetic

Why are you being so angry? OP didn't brought up accidents/FH, the first reply did when it tried to justify why US is having so many accidents recently. That user either hit nail on the head or is being delusional as it's much easier to live in lies than shatter his worldview that US is the bestest in everything. We don't know which unless someone provides actual numbers showing the facts