Making money in the gun business

Owning a shop? A shooting range? Becoming an instructor? A gunsmith? Who makes a living in the gun industry?

Attached: 1498641946268.webm (426x240, 2.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKhOAqhXMhA
sgammo.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck did this retard think would happen if he put his hand in front of a loaded gun and pulled the trigger?

First thing's first you have got to get a gut like that

I think he was demonstrating one of those grip lasers

I'm interested in this too. I live in Utah and there's lots of companies in the gun industry around here. But I don't know where or how to get involved and working in the gun industry. Any advice Jow Forums?

What the fuck...Seriously WHAT THE FUCK...why didn't the other guy say or do anything.

I just peed on my ballsack

Which one are making money? Which ones are just a hobby for fudd pensioners?

The guy that shot himself was the Range Officer.

What's the requirements to be a range officer? seriously what the fuck. Don't use a live weapon on the range and if you must, use a fucking sheet of paper instead of your hand...FUUUUUUUCK

I am also interested in getting into the gun industry. Evidently something like gunsmithing may fit my personality well. I'm thinking about that or biomed maintenance. I hear the former is not so profitable though.

gunsmithing would be great for me too, even with a lack of profitability. But my experience with tools pretty much extends to woodworking and fixing up old bikes. I have some engineering and design background, but not a lot by anymeans. And I have no access to any real tools to start on my own.
The only way I could imagine getting involved is by visiting a local business and spaghetti-ing about apprentice/intern-ship or something to learn the basics.

I work for a gun chain in California, it pays minimum wage AMA

Would you rather work for a mom and pop LGS?
And how retarded is commiefornia on that side of the counter as well?

I would definitely make more money working for a mom and pop shop. Problem is most don't have the same connections where I work. That being said my career isn't staying where I'm at, just build my resume.

People can be pretty retarded but I think with California it's forgivable because there's so many laws and so much misinformation. Nearly everyone knows there's a 10 round magazine capacity, but not everyone knows about the handgun roster

Has the job led you to meet or talk to any manufacturers? To me, working at a gun shop may be the easiest way to start meeting people in the industry. Does that hold any water?

How are things at Turners?

youtube.com/watch?v=MKhOAqhXMhA

I imagine that online ammo stores make a lot of money.

sgammo.com/

Ammo is a prerequisite to shooting guns no shit. All you need is a supplier, a warehouse, an online store and shipping capability. Pretty much like a regular online store. The margins are probably not that great but you'll get consistent volume.

Attached: 548935482432.jpg (575x766, 123K)

It's really has, which is why I'm sticking with the company. I've had reps from FN/Browning, CZ, Ruger, Springfield, Vortex, Leupold, Nikon, Magpul, Blackhawk, and I could go on. Been looking at applying to Arsenal, Daniel Defense, FN, and Ruger.
Ayy, I was waiting for someone to call it

You guys still selling those shitty bags of 5.56 reloads? I could use since .45 too. When is the fresno site supposed to open?

The best video.

>did you mean to do that?
>ya

or a safety disconnect
>see, it wont fire if the slide is out of battery

What positions are you applying for?

My store hasn't sold them in a long time, it's all new stuff now. Not sure when they are opening the Fresno store

>What's the requirements to be a range officer?

Literally none, just like the requirements to be a gun smith, or an instructor. The gun industry is filled with regards in positions of power who have no business even touching a gun.

In the gun industry you really won't make money unless you're into the engineering/metal finishing/machining/etc side of things.

Or if you're at a top financial position in one of the big companies.