This is definitely directed at you faggots who take really nice pictures. What do you use for day to day gun photos...

This is definitely directed at you faggots who take really nice pictures. What do you use for day to day gun photos? My phone cheaped out on the camera, and the crappy point and shoot I have doesn't cut it for gun pics.

Post sexy gun photos with excellent aesthetics

Attached: IMG_20180208_214439.jpg (800x1066, 304K)

>build a deck in your backyard
>wait for a cloudy day
>don't buy a shit phone

Now others don't mock your pics on the forums.

Attached: 20150519_170353-1.jpg (3039x1645, 3.4M)

that's what you get for buying a piece of shit phone.
What do you even have that doesn't have a decent camera? Even like 5 year old smartphones generally have pretty decent cameras.

Nikon D3300

how do i paint my mag like that

>smartphones
Hope you aren't a fan of your privacy.

I figured out how to use the HD function on my phone camera.

Not amazing but better than some of the plebs here.

Attached: 3936CEB7-6954-45C2-BD7E-40BCE771A8CE.jpg (2374x1536, 800K)

Oh fugg, wrong one.
This is the better one.

Attached: D4402602-C075-4AC8-9EA3-D3E7ADD5B91D.jpg (2048x1536, 699K)

>that pic
> if I wanted my mags to match a 90's dirt bike.

This
Outside on a cloudy day is the absolute best for pics. A good phone is a must.
A deck is nice too

Also phone filters can do cool things
I took this pic back in 2013

Attached: IMG_1152.jpg (1387x1195, 265K)

>spending $600 on a phone that's as big as your face
Shiggydiggy

Talent?

Nice, an actual suggestion

fuck around with filters. Pretty much every phone has some basic filters and if you're not retarded it can go a long way.

Attached: Chili and Type 38.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

I mostly use my phone because its just easy. But I have a droid with takes photos that are entirely too much for posting on here. So they have to be slightly edited down a bit or taken on a 3rd party platform/app.

Otherwise, I use a DSLR for others. Just because photography is a secondary hobby of mine.

Attached: Snapchat-2085262281.jpg (1920x1080, 1012K)

this is an autistic picture

please dont soil nippon guns with this

Here is using an actual camera

Attached: 00100dPORTRAIT950010095BURST2018031813482918595COVER.jpg (1512x2016, 253K)

Long story short, a really good picture doesn't just happen by accident. You need to put the work in. Use a "real" camera using a high quality picture mode requiring perfect stillness for a second or two and a tripod, and good lighting if you want good pics, especially indoors from more than a couple feet away. I use led floodlights indoors so my camera can pick up detail where it normally couldn't. And then you almost NEED to use photo editing software like gimp to white balance and unsharpen mask before it's post-ready.
>Day to day?
I guess I use my iphone se. It's adequate and at least with me at all times. And I use a better camera app than the one that comes with the phone. And use macro mode for any close-ups.
But if you are using a smartphone for pictures, you already shot yourself in the foot and are going to have a tough time vs a real camera on a tripod.
I looked through a bunch of my pics and can't really find any great ones I've taken with my phone. They're the minimum of acceptable like , but pics taken taken up close like are about it's limit to have decent levels of detail. Add any distance beyond that and they are trash vs my real camera. Any pics involving the full length of a long gun start suffering badly. And even up closer, my phone camera can't begin to compete with a real one.
>So they have to be slightly edited down a bit or taken on a 3rd party platform/app.
I always use an app called cropsize to mass resize pics to 50% and upload them to google drive for posting. Phone cameras always seem to want to take 16mp pics but really only have quality to justify about a 5mp resolution if we're being very generous.

>Phone cameras always seem to want to take 16mp pics but really only have quality to justify about a 5mp resolution if we're being very generous.
Oh believe me, I know. I think part of it to blame is because so many people have no idea and the see a larger number on the mp of a phone and think it automatically must be superior. Lately, I have been using an app called glitchr but it really fucks the image quality pretty often.
Pic related

Attached: glitchr_1520867578000.jpg (1344x1008, 524K)

>Lately, I have been using an app called glitchr but it really fucks the image quality pretty often.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Try cropsize if it's available. It does a good job.

Ooo. Cool it with the fancy filters.

Just downloaded it. Thanks!

Does picture quality degrade if I'm taking a 16 MP photo such that I'd be better off on the 2 MP setting on my phone since I'm just going to resize it to under that anyways?

I'd suggest 5-8mp if possible because 2mp is really on the small side so you probably would lose quality, especially long term as 4k screens will become the norm, at least for TV/PC.
I just take at 16 and resize & upload to google drive since I have an app like cropsize. You can mass-resize a bunch of photos at once, so it's really no problem.
I normally don't save the resized photos to my phone and delete the originals. I just upload them because I do 99% of my posting from a PC.
I'm happy just turning my pics into half of the original resolution. I made a "custom program" in cropsize and I'm really happy with it.
It's just easy to click the custom program button on the bottom right in the picture selection screen, instead of having to select out of their list. Pic related, only one option to choose from.

Attached: IMG_4544.png (640x1136, 62K)