Is it ok to shoot hollowpoints out of a ruger lcp?

Is it ok to shoot hollowpoints out of a ruger lcp?

Attached: Ruger-LCP-and-LCP-II.png (510x383, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8dj_h_UXnSA
youtube.com/watch?v=GNtPHYwcDts
shootingthebull.net/blog/final-results-of-the-380-acp-ammo-quest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely not the gun will blow up

Yes.

Attached: A24E6460.jpg (3200x2133, 3.41M)

Don't do it, it makes mustard gas

You need penetration
>That's what she said
.380 ball > hollow point

yes, but at the gun's effective range, and for its intended purpose, you should be using wadcutters

Xtp's only

After having to use my 380 in defense , I realized that. No point in jhp if they don't expand at 2 feet .they made a clean threw&threw , fmj from there on out .

I carry solid copper bullets in mine. I forget what the company is called since they've been in there so long. Came in an aluminum tin.

Why is that?

.380 is a weak round and you have very limited shots. Penetration is not a given with small caliber shit. You've got to be sure your shots won't just graze off a rib instead of hitting organs.

why does ball ammo have more penetration?

also, is FMJ the same as ball ammo?

trips of truth

another possibility

Totally ok, OP. You wouldn't happen to have a dog, would you?

Attached: 1495326655081.jpg (374x503, 33K)

what does this have to do with ATF?!

Hollowpoints are banned for use by the Geneva Convention, target shooting only

"Ball" is what FMJ was called before it was called "FMJ". So yes, they're the same.
It penetrates more because it doesn't expand. Less expansion = less resistance. Less resistance = better penetration.

Its a joke
This is a meme

>US citizens are governed by military conflict agreements
This is the most brainlet post I have seen in a while
Also the US military never even agreed to those rules.

This is fuddlore
Ballistics science has made 380 hollowpoints that meet fbi ballistics requirements

Why do boomers insist on still calling it ball ammo?

Because they're old

A lot of militaries still refer to it as ball.

Attached: 76208.jpg (500x500, 102K)

cause it has more balls than your flavor of the month JHP

Because NATO refers to FMJ as Ball. More of a military thing than a boomer thing.

380 FMJ will still overpenetrate. Even 25acp can overpenetrate in FMJ. Just carry a defensive round.

youtube.com/watch?v=8dj_h_UXnSA

This video is saying the ammo I bought won't expand if it hits denim though. I live in the southwest so it's usually hot and nobody is wearing denim, but still kind of concerns me.

so now i'm not sure if i should use hollow point or FMJ .380 acp. I wish I bought 9mm, but at the same time it sucks when you're driving and have a gun in your belt. I can't imagine carrying anything larger.

Some pistols are picky about hollow points. I suggest you shoot 50rds minimum of your ammo choice before using the ammo for protection. This concept applies to all pistols.

I use Hornady Critical Defense FTX in my Ruger LCP2 and this is after shooting through three boxes of it to be assured of proper cycling.

You have an lcp, if you haven't been drilling the correct portion of the target, you've missed the point.

Attached: correctportionofthetarget.jpg (525x536, 48K)

Attached: denim.jpg (226x223, 7K)

check mate

That video is saying he shot two rounds at some jelly, and one with some denim.

But isnt ballistic gel good to measure bullets?

Gel is a simulated test medium to ensure reliable test conditions and parameters for various bullet designs, and to simulate what they might do in tissue.

It is NOT meant to be a replica of an actual organic target.
If you want to see what a bullet will do to a human, watch videos of people shooting something like a pig carcass.

Maybe they should wrap it in denim first?

story time please

If it doesn't expand it's just a fmj that doesn't overpenetrate but still has more energy than a training round. The Hornady XTPs are the only ones that seem worth a shit.

>denim hijab
a terrifying vision of the future. The really slutty ones will have daisy duke scarfs.

Second.

Story pls

All these digits say it's storytime.

that's a good point i guess. i'll try to shoot 50 rounds of them but .380 acp is really expensive.

>t.poorfag

You can't drop trips then subtly hint at a good greentext user. Blue board does not mean blue balls.

Because if I walk up to the counter and ask "do you have any M2 FMJ?" the idiot behind the counter will look at me like I grew two extra heads. If I ask "do you have any M2 Ball?" the idiot behind the counter might know what I'm talking about.

t. mid 20s, nonboomer, nonmilitary

it's literally a dollar a round

bump

FBI ballistics requirements are (barely) bare minimum.

Attached: 3B7943D7-2FA5-4D11-98D5-04CF812A7A6A.jpg (600x600, 140K)

What more do you need

>Hollowpoints are banned for use by the Geneva Convention,
no they are not you jackass

.380 doesnt have the velocity to expand hollow points reliably. and if they do expand they barely penetrate past superficial shallow distances. FMJ is more reliable. so you might as well use FMJ in .380. thats what i do anyway

Many actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=GNtPHYwcDts

Also
shootingthebull.net/blog/final-results-of-the-380-acp-ammo-quest/

380ACP is basically does 9mm but lower recoil and power. Gets the job done even in small pocket pistols . Don't believe the Fudd logic in this thread about 380ACP not expanding. Bullet and powder technology is catching up on the .380ACP.

Basically made 9mm absolute for me for carry.

I use Fiocchi Extrema XTP since they cycle pretty good through my Pocket Lite.

Attached: 29791815_2161295723888260_877126145403781120_n.jpg (720x960, 61K)