AMA - NY Gun Shop edition

I run a pawn/gun shop in upstate NY. Ask me anything until 4pm EST when we close!

Attached: bullets.jpg (2880x1800, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eastsidetraders.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not really a NY exclusive question, just a gun question in general.

I've been getting ready to have my gunsmith tinker with my handgun and I was looking for some suggestions that I might not have thought of.

It's an HK USP .40, and so far I have made a list for:
- HK Factory Match trigger
- Meprolight Night sights
- Extended mag release

Not a really a NY exclusive question just a question about light bulbs. How dangerous is to exceed recommended wattage, and, can I use a build with less watts than what the receptacle asks for

how far in miles are you from Liverpool NY?

My bullets :D

IF you really want to turn heads at the range, get a .357SIG barrel, too. It'll swap out your factory trigger without any smithing needed.
Trijicon makes night sights, too. Check them out too, because they might be better or cheaper.

Not really a NY exclusive or gun exclusive question, but what's the best cheese for a reuban sandwich?

It's not really dangerous unless you really fuck up the wiring to the point you're making the bulbs explode. As long as you don't fuck the wiring up, the breakers should trip before there's an issue. If you smell smoke, you fucked up.

Would I need to get a new slide as well? I've wanted to shoot .357sig, but I'd have to order it online exclusively and I'm not sure it's worth almost as much as a new handgun to convert mine.

about 90 minutes. We're in Ontario, NY

Why do you keep having this AMA?

Hickory smoked swiss

Storm lake makes barrels that are "drop-in" so you just pop out your old barrel and put the new one in.
Because I'm on salary and it's slow today. It's also fun talking to people.

I disagree, get yourself some Horseradish Cheddar.

Attached: horseradish-cheddar.jpg (264x264, 15K)

Got any good stories of people thinking they know shit about guns? Or just stupid customers in general

Not OP, but I have overheard a kid refer to striker fired guns as "Internalized hammer".

at least once a week, I get some tard coming in saying bullet buttons make an AR15 a fixed-mag as per NYS law even though it doesn't for many reasons. One kid came in asking for a job and I asked his experience and he said "I shoot guns a lot"

Why don't you move somewhere less shitty?

"spring loaded internal firing pin" wouldn't be incorrect.

>"Did you check to make sure it's clear?"
>"Yeah, man the magazine's out ain't it"
>Did you check the..."
>BANG

Once a month.

we actually have an "ammo donations" jar we have at the front counter. If someone comes in and there's ammo in the chambers or magazines, we put it in the jar. We've been selling guns for 6 months and it's already half full.

Been thinking about getting an ar pistol, what's the process like for that in ny? From what I'm assuming, I would have to get my ffl to receive the pistol and install a mag lock in it to make it compliant, then I just add it to my permit like any other pistol?

-get a pistol permit
-buy a stripped lower receiver from an FFL and have them transfer it to you as a pistol
-go to your county clerk and put that shit on your permit
-buy a 5 or 10 round magazine
-get a magazine lock similar to Allstar tactical's SAFEMod
-assemble your lower so it doesn't have a stock. Arm braces are okay.
-build an upper with a barrel shorter than 14"
-slap it together.

correction, 12" max barrel length for pistols

Do you ever know whats gonna come through the door?

God NY is fucked
>VA
>go inna store
>"hi yes i want that one"
>4473
>recieve pistol w/ complimentary 30rd mag and handjob

internal hammer is correct on some guns that just don't have an exposed hammer, like a buckmark

How many Basketball Americans threaten to rob your store on a monthly basis?

eastsidetraders.com/

is that NY only?
I am planning a pistol build here in IL and I thought it only had to be sub 16"