North Hollywood shootout

>full auto
>plate armor
>4000 rounds fired
>0 kills
How?

Attached: agh2j8872_640x480.jpg (675x390, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_G3If2N_kc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Their aim was to rob, not kill?

>almost constantly on the move
Gee I'm not sure.

>Smart answer
They simply didn't want to kill anyone.
>dumb answer
AK accuracy lol

>At 9:56 am, he attempted to carjack a yellow 1963 Jeep Gladiator on Archwood by shooting at the driver who fled on foot, three blocks east of where Phillips died. He quickly transferred all of his weapons and ammunition from the getaway car, but was unable to operate the Jeep due to him being unfamiliar with the stick-shift vehicle
lel

Who the fuck can't drive stick?

When people ask if I can drive stick I always say no. I could get you to a hospital while driving one but it won't be comfortable.

There were 18 non fatal injuries and it's not like they were aiming for the legs.

Because this entire incident never happened and was a hoax by the firearm industry to get the American police departments to upgrade their arsenals up from the shitty old revolvers they used. can't believe i had to explain this
>american education

Attached: 1510621133101.jpg (1080x1350, 146K)

This:
Robberies are all about speed. SWAT is eventually going to show up if you fuck around for too long. These things escalate real fast. So imagine the situation.

>Robbed a couple of armored cars in the past as well as two banks.
>Know your shit enough to see the risk of getting shot at, make some body armor
>Bring a couple of full auto rifles in case shit hits the fan and you need to get past a patrol car or two
>Go into bank with intent to rob
>Take a bunch of phenobarb to calm yourselves down
>Plan to destroy evidence in advance with gasoline
>Exit the bank after less than 10 minutes inside, you think everything was going good
>Oh shit, there are fucking cops everywhere
>And a helicopter
>"WE NEED TO GET TO THE GETAWAY CAR RIGHT FUCKING NOW"
>Go around the back
>Cops there too
>"We're fucking trapped"
>Ok so try and shoot your way past them
>Bear in mind you don't actually need to kill the cops, just suppress them enough to get to pin them down, and run-and-gun to the getaway vehicle
>Trying to get kills just wastes more time
>Crucial minutes pass, can't break through, SWAT arrives
>I guess we'll make a fucking dash for it, we've already shot at them so life in prison

Attached: nhshootout.jpg (300x221, 23K)

most americans, actually

America is kind of the opposite of Eutope when it comes to cars. Like 90% of our cars, maybe more, are automatic. Stick shifts are extremely rare, and most people never learned to drive one, unless they're an enthusiast or farmer or trucker or oldfag or something.

>can't figure out how to change gears in a life or death situation

Attached: mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3u6[1].jpg (550x467, 35K)

>hurr not planning for contingency
they deserved what they got, sorta.

>4000 rounds fired
Source? >wikipedia says they only had ~3300 rounds and only fired ~1100.

He must be including the rounds fired by law enforcement.

Another ~650?

Alot of people

Really? That few? I guess OP is just being a faggot, as usual.

Why were they surrounded so fast? That doesn't seem fair

Some cops in a patrol car saw them go into the bank or something and called for backup almost immediately.

What a fucking amateur

A lot it's depressing. I daily a manual though and fucking love it, will probably always drive one.

they were good guys that wanted just bank money. Feels bad for them...

Attached: d24.jpg (1196x668, 166K)

autistic mofos cant

Attached: LiveLeak-dot-com-21a5e1b8c842-eriswilsvooriedereen2.gif (100x100, 174K)

Weren't they using converted norinco aks that jammed every 10 rounds?

what bad luck...

>it's depressing

That's like saying it's depressing that people don't know how a kerosene lantern works, or how to ride a horse. It's obsolete now that we have better options.

Or they were trying to compensate for the recoil and shot low like everyone who's untrained with firearms do

I never looked it up
How much money would they have gotten away with if they got out?
I don't see how it could have been worth it to try to rob a bank in noho and not one in a smaller city

youtube.com/watch?v=m_G3If2N_kc

Attached: thinking pepe.png (1080x748, 318K)

they got 300k from it but 2 dye packs went off and ruined the money.

they scored like 1.5mil from previous robberies.

Philips's rifle got a stovepipe jam but he had his left hand blown off so couldnt clear it. i think that was the only jam between them.

no the pickup driver took the keys out. The stick rumour was spread by cops

Attached: 4407196744_c8cf15cf30.jpg (375x500, 145K)

this is how i wanna go out

Was it true they rigged semi auto rifles into full auto or was that what I heard was bullshit?

Damn. After losing his hand, that nigga probably realized he wasn't getting out alive
Wonder what thoughts were going through his head

Yeah its true. they were both obsessed with guns. all their rifles except the hk91 were modified for full auto

Attached: North_Hollywood_Shootout_04.jpg (1336x781, 182K)

theres a big difference between police response when you have two stars vs having four stars.
if you have four stars, youre pretty much fucked

>realized he wasn't getting out alive
They realized they weren't getting out as soon as they walked outside and saw a hundred cops. Presumably they knew they weren't getting out alive as soon as they started shooting at said cops.

>cops had to go to the nearby gun store to get AR15s because theyre rem 870s and 9mm werent penetrating the armor

this shootout is why cops have rifles now

>Romanian
>can't drive stick
simply untrue

Why didn't they just use their shotguns to get easy headshots?

I'd like to point out to literally everyone that this is incorrect. What happened was the driver took the keys with him.

Attached: 1517295820977.png (786x1000, 717K)

they were being suppressed by full auto fire but they probably couldnt shoot for shit

I have never been inside a manual car in my life.

>always
Are they even making manuals anymore? It’s hard enough to find new cars without 17 screens, Bluetooth, and AI whateverthefuck in them. God forbid people have to actually shift gears.

dumb frogposter

The toxicology report was clean for both of them. Adrenaline is a helluva drug.
The cops just found Phenobarb at their place, and somehow a lot of people got the idea that they were high during the shooting.

yeah they took it before entering the bank to calm their nerves. pretty good idea since it would make you shoot better

/thread
well certainly at some point they realized there was no real way out, they were cornered
especially after the first guy got taken down

I was actually in Hollywood at the time, it never happened. It was a story to scare people. How It's perpetuated this long I don't know

lay off listening to alex jones for abit

I was literally fucking there when the alleged shooting went down. Are you really going to argue 1st hand eye witness testimony? Dumbass

No. That's incorrect. Neither of them were on drugs at the time.

>i was literally fucking there
>literally
>it never happened
go back to /x/ you faggot

Don't forget the "secret" compartment behind the new Chevy's touch screen.

i misread your post but phenobarbital was found in the autopsy

People who drive with both hands on the wheel.
Stick shifts are an outdated design that have yet to be phased out in poorer parts of the world.

Prove it happened. Go on, I'll wait.

>People who drive with both hands on the wheel.
That's a fucking myth,
How can you hold your phone with both hands on the wheel?

Surely you realize manual transmissions are inherently better than automatics, right? There's less power lost through a manual gearbox and clutch than there is through a slushbox and torque converter.

Prove it didn't, retard. There's more evidence supporting the fact that it did.
>inb4 it's fabricated
prove it wrong then
Provide me affadavits from tellers of the bank saying nothing happened and I'll believe you

I have 3 manual vehicles, my latest a 2017 GLI I had to hit 8 different dealerships before one would order me a 6 spd...

I also happened to get the last year of manual non base model jettas.

If you want a manual you're gonna have to.go.used or subi

>a doggo got his nose shot off by 7.62x39 in the shootout

fucking lol

I drive a manual without a synchromesh on 1+2.

Old trucks are fun.

>prove something that never happened didn't happen
Gee willickers, you're a smart guy

I was in LA when the "shootout" supposedly happened. I can back up what he said, nothing happened. It was all a coverup orchestrated by big tobacco due to the recent legislation requiring people to present ID when purchasing cigarettes.

Yeah maybe a stick to hit the horse with that's pulling a carriage

seeyou're the only one trying to discredit empirical evidence
>witness testimonies
>camera footage
>police reports
>EMS logs
i'd love to hear your 'eye witness testimony' if you would care to provide it
since you were literally there
and it literally didn't happen
i would love to hear your side of the story, user

I just take selfies with my dick.
That's like saying a pump action is inherently better than a semi-auto.
You might be right on a technical sense, but there is zero benefit to performance and the driver is then occupied with additional, unnecessary steps.

>It was all a coverup orchestrated by big tobacco
>big tobacco
please do go on
this is entertaining

Attached: 1453991286445.jpg (399x600, 30K)

Can confirm. Was visiting friends in socal when "it happened"

I was walking down the street.
That's it. There's no fucking story, because nothing happened.

Me and this guy were walking down the street and we noticed that nothing was happening. IT WAS ALL BIG TOBACCO

>but there is zero benefit to performance
That's factually wrong though.

I was out in California for business and I stopped by that bank to cash a cashier's check the morning it "happened"
There was nothing there. Everything went fine and nothing interesting happened.

I was working as a cashier in the bank the morning it "happened". Just spent the day cashing checks. Everything went fine and nothing interesting happened.

>atf closes store down for not filling out paperwork

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 28K)

Was begging for money outside of the bank the day it "happened".
A guy gave me a $10 so I bought some smokes. Nothing interesting happened.

they arent though. i drive a manual but modern autos are better at nearly everything than stick

Also it doesn’t take your mind off of the road. If anything it means you concentrate more.

It’s 2nd nature for me. I’ve never driven an automatic.

1968 Land Rover
2006 VW polo
2004 corsa
2013 Ford Focus

Nobody I know drives an automatic.

It’s literally no big deal. It’s like pumping your own fuel. Only one state found it terrifying and thought it was dangerous.

Poor doggo.
I’m pretty sure the store owner wasn’t compensated for damaged stock and the fact that it was now used stock.

>How?
They were using 9mm and AR-15s.... weak-ass shit.
>low IQ mutt af
watch less Alex Jones.

What

stop LARPing and provide some actual proof or gtfo
>I went to LA this one time
>can't remember the date, street name, or time of day but...
>I didn't hear any gunshots
>it was a cover up
jfc

>modified semi autos to full auto
>carried 3000 rounds, fired 2000+
>rare hk91
>police scanner
>previously stole 1.5mil
>obsessed with guns
>homemade full body armor suit sewed together from different pieces
>radio communications

these guys were Jow Forums as fuck

Attached: Larry_&_Emil.jpg (853x480, 303K)

Surely they'd be worth more if they were involved in the shootout... I know fuck all about gun valuation.

Aside from fancy high-tech shit like what's used in f1 cars, you can't just get around inherent power loss of the transmission
They can fuck with gearing and make effective difference as minimal as possible, but two identical cars with the only difference being one's manual and one's a slushbox, the manual will be faster.

no, it was big tobacco you buffoon

Attached: 1478606855102.jpg (703x703, 36K)

You just got like 6 witness testimonies. I didn't see anything that day either.

Yeah maybe. I didn’t think about that. It depends if it can be verified because from what I read, the store owner wasn’t compensated. Would be cool to see if some of the rifles surfaced and could be verified.

big tobacco shill btfoing the common man.

Holy shit, is that why the guy at 7-11 asked to see my ID when I went to buy the smokes with the $10 I got? Damn you, BIG TOBACCO

They were also gay for each other.

emil was married but they both met at a gym and were into bodybuilding so youre probably right

Like he said, Jow Forumsomandos. Are you new here?

Fuckin' millennials don't understand shit. The internet which should be making pepole smarter with knowledge at the click of a button just makes a whole generation dumb as a box of rocks.

They were doped up on muscle relaxers so they could keep calm during the robbery, they had done this several times before in previous robberies.

This unfortunately made them too lethargic to really effectively engage in a firefight which they had no intentions of participating in.

Attached: 1445836902223.jpg (500x375, 26K)

10 minutes is a lifetime in a robbery.

>no intentions for a firefight
>shot 2000+ rounds

that just makes it more Jow Forums

>fired 2000+
You mean 1000+?