Full auto for home defense

Hypothetically, in a home defense situation and you only had a full auto MP5 on hand, would full auto be suitable or semi auto only?

Attached: Heckler_&_Koch_MP5-1.jpg (1600x1200, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8860049814
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>would full auto be suitable or semi auto only?

Full auto would be suitable if you used it correctly. But the vast majority of people have no experience firing machine guns of any kind.

That's obviously based on your skill with autos. Personally I'd go semi because I'm not used to firing weapons like that but if I had the skill I see no reason why you shouldn't fire auto.

Of course it would be. Just don't go throwing away the whole mag in 5 seconds. Full autos in combat use are usually fired in bursts so just apply that.

honestly I'd rather have 2 round burst

These.

If you have the discipline to throw out careful aimed 3-5 round bursts, full auto is a great tool.

If you empty the magazine in one trigger pull, less so.

how do i buy an authentic mp5 for under 3k

If you know how to use it, full auto out of a MP5 will be quite effective at taking down your average home invader. Jamal more often than not will not be determined enough or drugged up enough to keep going after taking 5-10 9mm bullets to the chest. Ideally, I would use this for full auto self defense. Also, has there ever been any cases of full auto weapons used in home defense?

Attached: IMG_3878.jpg (1905x962, 404K)

Gonna be hard to defend in court I think

>in full auto, you keep shooting even if he's not a threat anymore!
>Your honor, people can't control their shooting in full auto, see, he missed one bullet. Think of the children!
>He knowingly used a type of fire that makes the muzzle rise, which is why my client got shot in the head! It's an automatic headshot machine!

Attached: 1479878782780.jpg (295x295, 42K)

illegally

I know of one, but it was a guy who lived next door to his gun store in florida. Think it was the 80s?

Mp-5 gives me diamonds. Where can I get one?

Attached: 76F7AB59-3F1F-43A2-A653-49C713C7589C.jpg (334x310, 52K)

though at the range it is fun to pretend you are in cawadoody and start bullet hosing targets while going through mag after mag
i think burst firing full autos deafeats the whole reason to use a full auto
if i have a....PKM that is full auto for example at 10 meters,i can just start spraying widly from my shoulder into the baddie's face
sure,i will probbaly get shot too but hey,i got to shoot a PKM
*take hint the PK series is in my top 3 fav family of guns ever,they are maximum slav aesthetic*

You have to buy a preban one.

>my client got shot in the head

Attached: anime confused.jpg (500x500, 109K)

You can defend the dead

Attached: vRDgR8M.gif (320x170, 2.99M)

>fucker broke into my home
>I felt threatened

3 round burst would make more sense in an HD situation. Full auto mostly is relevant for squad tactics situations. That doesn't mean it's unusable though.

In reply to everyone saying that lack of training in full auto would be a problem for most Jow Forums users in HD - I don't necessarily think so. I've only ever fired machine guns twice but firing in bursts comes sort of naturally to people who are accustomed to firing semis, based on my experiences; you're not conditioned to just hold the trigger hard down.

There was an interesting case were someone used full auto for self defense. Now, this is all an iirc, take it with a grain of salt as my memory sucks dick.
An HK employee got into a road rage incident, a different truck started following and firing at him. He managed to not get killed while making it to an HK plant thinking he and his wife would be safe there. Something with the gate went wrong, and he was forced to stand his ground. He had a mini14 for testing and examination, which he used on full auto. Along the burst, some of the bullets entered the fucker through the back, he dindu nuttin' ensued, and this was used in court against him.
Remember we own every shot we take.

Attached: 1516062902216.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)

Lethal force is lethal force no matter how many times you shoot them. But stop when they drop. Don't continue to dump the mag into a guy on the floor.

That defense no longer works as easy as it used to these days. Now they will nail you on how excessive your use of force was, from weapon of choice to caliber of choice to number of spare mags on you. Ask any attorney these days how difficult murder charges (in self-defense) can be to come off.

Found it. Dude's name was Gary Fadden. You can google for source. Apparently despite all the mess he was cleared of any charges. He had to really fight for it.

What movie is this.

All I can think of is when the SAS breached and entered a room with hostages and the first terrorist got shot 73 times on entry. Machine pistol are supposed to be full auto, that's why they are super good at killing people only using pistol rounds. If you light someone up with a burst it isn't any different from three fast shots. Both are justified in stopping a threat to your life. Saying a burst is unsuitable would be like saying two rounds of 00 buckshot should also be illegal because there were 18 projectile hits the size of pistol rounds.

I always figured a full-auto .22 handgun like the PMR-30 would be the perfect CCW because of the amount of damage you can do to one guy in a short amount of time.

Most self-defense shootings end in 5 shots, so imagine incapacitating a guy in 1/4 of a second.

Please, elaborate

Attached: Doubtful STALKER.jpg (420x390, 44K)

>You can defend the dead

No you can't. If the assailant is dead he has no standing to sue. He's fucking dead.

His family might, but good luck with that in any state with good self defense legislation/jurisprudence.

I dunno if anybody here knows enough to answer this, but with something really controllable, like an Uzi or M3, could that be effective in full auto with an inexperienced shooter?

I’d use semi auto if it was select fire, BUT.
Given the options
>burst>semi>full

Attached: A64D04C3-2F52-4FE8-A8DA-E5E01D17DA5A.jpg (1125x1500, 433K)

what if i don't have a gun handy and i use a hatchet to smash the guys skull in.
can i plead that i blacked out and that it must've been a primal fight or flight response in order to protect my family.

Burst was made as a shitty solution to retards with no trigger control never making hits. If you're too incompetent for full you should just use semi.

Attached: 1520745930674.jpg (800x1186, 333K)

>could that be effective in full auto with an inexperienced shooter?

The effectiveness of any machine gun will be "lower" with an untrained user. Even if you're talking about LMGs and GPMGs.

>find federal agents car
>take glock 18 from car because g18 is cooler

incidentially did anyone get a good pic of that german woman with the mp5 in muenster yesterday?

Get out ATF rrrrreeEeeeeeEEEEEE

What agency issues Glock 18s?

The mw2 agency duh. Fuckin normies these days come on dude it's 2018 for fuck sake.

wow that was so hard

Attached: G3-91-PTR-Safe-Semi-with-4-Position-Housing-1[1].jpg (450x450, 22K)

Attached: MP5K-SP89-Trigger-Group-4-Position-Housing-0-1-Safe-Semi-Only-1[1].jpg (650x650, 41K)

B-b-but user they don't exist, I mean they can't, can they?

Get a binary trigger

If you use anything less than the maximum possible force, you obviously didn't fear for your life.

My weapons instructor told me back in a day that there are 30 rounds in a magazine and a doom for 6 or even 10 opponents.

Two and three round bursts were practiced where the point of aim was the belt clasp. It really worked.

They are kind of strange but can confirm the double tap effect is rather nice.

Can someone explain what the laws are regarding FA? Obviously it’s an NFA item and you need a tax stamp, but what’s the 1986 bullshit? How can people buy 416s/Kriss’s/etc if they’re made after 86?

Attached: 4FB7DE6D-5D39-4F65-9B06-EF7BCDAE974D.jpg (536x318, 47K)

Read the description fuck nugget. Those have semi auto trigger packs in them.

It would be suitable and usable. I have used a full retard MP5 before and frankly it's kind of pleasant.

>but what’s the 1986 bullshit?

So in 1986 the Gun Owner Protection Act was passed with an amendment colloquially known as the "Hughes" amendment. The "Hughes" amendment closed the NFA machine gun registry so that no more newly manufactured machine guns could be added, thus no newly manufactured machine guns could be legally transferred. The GOPA was passed because of the bullshit the BATFE had been pulling between then and 1968.

>How can people buy 416s/Kriss’s/etc if they’re made after 86?

Dealer samples. Manufacturer FFLs who pay the SOT for NFA items can manufacture new machine guns as dealer samples for .gov and law enforcement. Dealer FFLs who pay the SOT to sell NFA items can then hold those dealer samples if they have a demo letter from local law enforcement.

They have an FFL with the appropriate SOT.

Yes. He had some armed robbers and used an M16 or Mini 14 IIRC.

There was also HK salesman Garry McFadden, who got fucked over hard financially for his decision to ventilate some local heathens with a AC556.

sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8860049814

Dealers can even keep them after they retire right?
i think that is the only way for a non FFL to get a post 86 sample.

Dealers can keep Pre-May samples only.

>Dealers can even keep them after they retire right?
No

Horse shit

>tfw live so far out in the country I wouldn't even have to report it and my "neighbors" would think that I was just shooting coyotes again.