The M1 Carbine is the greatest weapon system ever produced...

The M1 Carbine is the greatest weapon system ever produced, despite the fact that it is on an individual level mediocre at best. It's not even as good as the Ruger Mini-14 which is basically the M1 Carbine firing a better round.

It's the every man's gun. It's still being produced and is cheap enough to distribute among the masses. Every man woman and child with a gun that is easily learned, easy to manage, and easy to shoot.

Mosin Nagants may be even cheaper, but they're not going to be easy to shoot for somebody with a smaller frame and their rimmed cartridge while not a problem for anybody who knows what they're doing, can result in rim lock for a noob.

AK47 and SKS are also high contenders since they're also easy and cheap to reproduce, but like the Mosin they're not as easy to shoot for smaller people.

Now, you may say, well yeah they're easier to shoot because it fires a weaker round. It's basically firing a 9mm at twice the speed. Yeah, that's fair to say but you would be stupid to say that you'd be fine if you were shot with one. It's almost like getting hit with a .357 Magnum, and that's not a weak round. It's weak /for a rifle/ and that's an important qualifier. Let's put it into perspective too, that if a pioneer had one of these in the 1860's, he would be the most dangerous sonuvabitch in the country even with there being more powerful rounds like the .45-70 lurking about.

The point I'm trying to make is this: there are in fact better guns than the M1 Carbine. Duh. But on the whole, the M1 Carbine is the greatest weapon system ever made because it has the potential to be the weapon of choice for the innumerable peasant horde. If every man, woman and child had an M1 Carbine slung over their shoulder, no government could ever oppose them. What makes them different than any other weapon that holds that distinction, is that they're small, lightweight, easy to use, cheap to reproduce, and just powerful enough to be dangerous.

Attached: M1 Carbine.png (1002x559, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ko_3X5mQSDo
youtube.com/watch?v=VIZD3CxO0aA
theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html
ar15mold.com/freedom-15-5-kit/
ebay.ca/itm/232710647643?ViewItem=&item=232710647643
armslist.com/posts/8207912/nova-rifles-for-sale--auto-ordnance-m1-carbine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"My father in law told me, when he was in combat, fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, he said, you saw M1 Garands, you saw Thompsons, you saw BAR's on the ground, but you never saw a .30 Carbine without a soldier holding it."
- Jerry Miculek

youtube.com/watch?v=ko_3X5mQSDo

With the 500 dollar ar15 being a thing there is nothing the m1 carbine does better other than aesthetics.

I'll give you that. But an M1 Carbine won't bankrupt you on the inevitable accessory shopping spree lol.

No, you make a good point. I will say this though, the M1 Carbine is definitely up there in my favorite platforms of all time, and if it weren't for 500 AR's I'd be hard pressed to find something better, and in states where you can't get an AR, the M1 is a great substitute.

In a total war scenario, regular factories can tool up M1 carbine production lines much faster than AR15 production lines.

Ehhhh... I don't know about that. Maybe you're right, because we know they did in fact do it with the M1 Carbine, but it's not like AR15's are difficult to produce.

Here's a hot take though: Most producers of new M1 Carbines make the action with a cast now, whereas it used to be forged. With the pressures of .30 Carbine, it's kind of silly to make a forged receiver, and even cast is almost overkill. You could easily make a receiver out of aluminum and give it a polymer stock like the AR15 and you could shave the weight of the M1 Carbine - which is already a very light weapon - by about 20%.

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already weigh 1-2 pounds less than the average AR15.

Only thing better than the M1 Carbine is the M2 Carbine.

I highly doubt that, especially if we are talking about modern United States which has dozens of ar15 manufacturers.
Even if this is true, in a total war scenario (that somehow isn't full nuclear war but I'm game), there wouldn't be enough 30 carbine ammo to feed a bunch of new rifles chambered in it.

The world's fastest ammunition manufacturing machines are the ones in Lake City operated by Federal that crank out 5.56 and 7.62 NATO, day and night 24/7.
It doesn't make sense to try to arm your populace in a war with a gun in a caliber that you aren't already stocked up on and don't have the infrastructure to produce in massive quantities.
Now granted this is United States specific, perhaps in another country the m1 carbine makes more sense as a "volksturm" type weapon to equip the masses in emergency.

I'd almost want to say it'd be cool to chamber an M1 Carbine in 5.56, but then it'd just be a Mini14.

Except it still uses a cartridge that's no longer stockpiled by the military or national guard and is relatively uncommon on the civilian market.

Well the mini 14 is pretty nice, but it seems costs get significantly higher going with 5.56

Still the m1 carbine was the operator gun of the 1940s and a solid as fuck choice today, it just isn't the top dog anymore, but that doesn't stop it being effective or useful.

It's not that uncommon though, but you're right it isn't stockpiled by the military or NG.

I imagine though that it wouldn't take much for manufacturers to start producing it in bulk.

>cheap
are you retarded?

Starting up production of a new cartridge during wartime is not a good idea.
You need cartridges out the door YESTERDAY, and setting up a new line of ammunition manufacturing means time and resources being spent on not making the ammo you need right now.

The issue is the AR15 blows through ammo too fast

A dedicated semi-auto would be more practical and thus logistically simpler to support.

How the fuck do you find an M1 Carbine for 500?

>ar15
>not a dedicated semi auto

Attached: 9e7e9dea082b041d688e0bd10e2cc0ec984947d11aab246df8cf1be99c09c58e.jpg (480x360, 30K)

tell me retard, how many AR-15 rifles are there which are not dedicated semi-auto?

Started reading your post OP got as far as weapon system

Attached: 1440372692654.png (500x553, 232K)

Yeah I think perhaps he meant "weapon platform."
But he's still full of shit.

Shut the fuck up and get the fuck off Jow Forums.

Ruger needs to make a version of the 581 Mini-14 with a bayonet lug and A2 flash hider

Well aren't there some that are strait pull bolt actions?

Op you are dumb and need to feel bad. You know the AR can be easily built by any machine shop right¿ it was designed for decentralized ease of production and parts in the event of nuclear war.

Calling it anything but a gun makes you sound like an autistic try hard. You don't call a car a "transport platform"

America isn't some small european shithole country
Go back to your your side of the safety firewall, bongstain.

It has been found wanting. Not a good gun at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=VIZD3CxO0aA

>just about 15 different AR15 manufacturers in every state
No.

Can confirm. My only family member who was in infantry combat in WW2 (rest were all air crew) said that hands down the M1 Carbine was the tits and as soon as he got one he never fucked with anything else.

The problem with the AR15 is the fact it uses aluminum and polymer, which would become non existent during any sort of complete collapse, steel and wood are easily locally produced.

Okay. I own one and that's not true. While it is lighter than an m4 carbine without any attachments, you have to fuck with each magazine to make sure it dosen't jam, the gun hates being fed anything other than ball ammo, and while it will shoot straight as an arrow for 100yds, after that it drops off mighty quick.

It's a fun gun, and it makes sense that it had a role with SWAT teams early on given that it's a good round and a light gun, but it's only purpose today is for hobbyists and it is outclassed by most other commercially available modern carbines. I do hunt with it occasionally in NC.

Attached: 1403495857458.jpg (320x240, 20K)

banned by name in NJ

So they can tool up a forged and milled steel receiver rotating bolt gun with a dog leg faster than a forged and milled aluminum receiver rotating bolt DI gun huh. They whole thing about new technology is it's often easier and cheaper to produce

So a semi auto that uses a more powerful round in 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 round mags blows through ammo faster than a semi auto with 10, 15 and 30 round mags and less effective ammunition....ok

God I’d kill for a blued steel upper and lower on some native wood furniture.

I have always wondered why the M1, or the Mini14 for that matter, are always free of most ban lists but yet hold the claims for deadliest spree shootings. Not to mention those shooting were close combat and not shooting from hundreds of meters away.

You're fucking stupid. An AR-15 can do everything an M1 carbine can do and more, also we've been producing them for so long for the civilian and military market that at this point we have their economic cost of manufacture down lower than an M1 carbine. As far as weight is concerned, it's hardly better than a basic bitch lightened model.

You do know that there is absolutely nothing about your statement that's actually a "problem" since the AR doesn't rely on the aluminum or polymer and that steel receivered, wood stocked ARs do in fact exist

Because the people who make those laws don't know shit and forget that we killed each other by the thousands with bolt actions and rolling blocks

the laws are never logical. if anything, the laws should focus almost exclusively on handguns, but no they focus on arbitrary characteristics

i swear they do it because it looks good and it's part of their plan to ban w/e they can to slowly reach the ultimate goal

dont worry, when the time comes, they will be calling bolt actions "tactical assault sniper rifles"

They wont rest until its all banned

no one needs to be able to hit something from 300yds away user

That's the Inland reproduction that they're specifically talking about, my IBM carbine runs flawlessly.

And to add to that

theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html

Tactical Assault Cock
No one needs a dong longer than 5 inches

And M1 in general in part 2. 90-95% reliable. Thats not so great for a combat gun.

>aluminum and polymer, which would become non existent during any sort of complete collapse
what are soda cans

Found a first gen Universal at a gun show for 425.
>>no, I won't stop talking about it

better yet, heres 5 lowers ready for pouring
ar15mold.com/freedom-15-5-kit/

Someone should invent a condom with ribs that look like rails.

Dickatinny or C-Lok

>Dickatinny
>Now with bayonet lugs!

>weapon system
You must be 18 to post here.

Nah, an even better rifle for arming literally everyone would be a lightened model 1907.

>Light, intermediate cartridge
>Just a simple blowback action
>Stupidly simple takedown
>Detachable magazines
>Only three controls

It's idiot proof

I wish that would hold up to high heat because a bronze lower would be rad. I'll blame the Brastil 1911

>they're not as easy to shoot for smaller people
So lift something you faggot.

ebay.ca/itm/232710647643?ViewItem=&item=232710647643

what about cripples? what about the chronologically challenged?

Pick up their gun.

>make a receiver out of aluminum

isn't aluminum more likely to get chewed up if it's dirty? it's going to have a shorter lifespan than steel even in ideal conditions.

Eh... It's pretty much a 9mm carbine
That ammo doesn't even exist anymore gramps

>It's pretty much a 9mm carbine
yes it is, but w/ a hotter load
>That ammo doesn't even exist anymore gramps
yes it does i have an ammo can full of the shit

**Blocks your Path**
pfft, nothin personnel kiddo

Attached: m1.jpg (800x599, 243K)

That's am M1 garand, not an M1 carbine you fucking mongoloid. Different designs.

>no one posting pictures of baby pingers.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.36M)

The M1 Carbean is fuck as fuck. Love my Inland and my Wewchester. Wish there were some ways to make it more reliable and accuate. Thinking about getting a Howa and then a sporterized one in a mannlicher stock.

Idk let's ask voyagers, AO's lightweight thomspons, the 92fs, the P226, ARs, racing engines and airplanes

huehuehue

Attached: yotsubas.jpg (1024x768, 474K)

Oh ye of little faith.

Bruh

Yes; Charge through crew served weapons, past snipers, past DMRs, past hand grenades, past M-4s to get within pistol distance so you can use your Carbean!

Its great, but needs to be in a better caliber
.357 mag, .44 mag, or fuddy five or 9mm

>AK47
No such thing.

>The issue is the AR15 blows through ammo too fast
This is the same logic that made the US use the springfield trapdoor as a service rifle even into the Spanish American war when the Mauser was literally everyone else's rifle
>muh soldiers will burn through ammo too fast and not take sharp shots if they use something better!

Well there's this but it's a repro
armslist.com/posts/8207912/nova-rifles-for-sale--auto-ordnance-m1-carbine

What exactly makes the M1 Carbine better than the AR-15 in virtually every aspect that you stated?

>every man's gun
>still being produced and is cheap enough to distribute among the masses
Sure, it is still being produced, but most of the clones (e.g. Auto-Ordnance) suck and the quality ones run at least a grand. Originals are pretty much $700 and up.

>well yeah, they're easier to shoot because it fires a weaker round
Why not just step up to a 5.56 (which is chambered in dozens of other guns worldwide, unlike the semi-proprietary .30 Carbine), which has so little recoil that you could literally brace the gun against your nose and pull the trigger with no pain?

>small, lightweight, easy to use
AR-15 beats it in virtually all these categories, and comes in at a lower price point both for the weapon and ammo.

>cheap to reproduce
Uh no. At least not to a quality desirable for a fighting rifle. The AR-15 has dozens of outfits making every single one of its parts.

>just powerful enough to be dangerous
Again. step it up to a 5.56 and you'll have something that can go 300 meters with no issue. There's a reason why we not only abandoned the M1 Carbine, but also the round that it fired.

>hurr AR-15 means it semi auto

IM SO SICK OF THIS FUDD LORE BULLSHIT

Attached: ar-15-selectfire.jpg (601x451, 38K)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: ar-15-selectfire2.jpg (800x600, 87K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: armalite_15_selectfire.jpg (593x405, 25K)

Had a customer the other day tell me about his days blasting North Koreans and Chinks with an M2 carbine, since he was a radio man for his rifle platoon.

"Not a lot of knock down power, but if you put a burst on a guy he wasn't likely to go anywhere."

Semper fi John.

Wasn't there a company that said that they were working on making more reliable magazines since those are what cause a fair chunk of malfunctions?

KeepShooting makes some improved 30 rounders. Ive never had any experience with them but Ive heard they are pretty good