Why aren't bone resonance systems standard yet for radio equipment in the army?

Why aren't bone resonance systems standard yet for radio equipment in the army?
>Can easily hear every com even when SHTF around you
>Does not require a device that muffle sourrounding sounds by covering your ears/ allows you to use ear protection at the same time

Attached: FELIN_SAGEM_future_infantry_soldier_system_Fantassins_Equipements_LIaison_Integres_France_French_arm (640x427, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/03/480173016/armys-smart-earplug-damps-explosive-noise-but-can-enhance-whispers
youtu.be/HF9G9M0cR0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Peltor Comm Headsets double as ear protection, are comfortable, and can be rail mounted on a helmet

but doesn't it hinder your situational awareness?

these always seem heavy/risks to wiggle around in action and to reduce situational awareness tho

They amplify voice and cut off loud noises like gunshots and mechanical sounds.

Get with the time grandpa.

Electronic ones really do not. You might actually hear more silent sound with them on.

And after prolonged gunfight without ear protection you wont hear shit even with your fancy ass resonance sets through all the ringing.

Probably. They're not that good for music though.

got any personal experience? links for civilian version?

I'm honestly surprised somebody hasn't done something with this to have earpro intentionally improve your situational awareness.

since you get sound simply through bone resonance, you can use independant more practical ear protection directly in your ear conduit.

Then how is your situational awareness improved? As mentioned above electronic earpro makes quiet sounds louder and loud sounds quieter. Basically perfect.

BR with earpro is just comms with no environmental sound.

>He will never turn his electronic earpro up to max for espionage and eaves dropping

It's like turbo hearing.

the point is not having such a heavy sound muffling you get with headsets, while having at least minimal earpro to avoid being deaf and still have superior situational awareness. Also lighter device for comfort/ergos

How well does bone resonance work for people with hearing loss?

I'd love to larp around as solid snake with such devices

guess it depends what part of your hearing system is damaged, but then, I'm no doctor. Food for thoughts tho

Have you ever worn electric earpro? It doesn't muffle anything really. And I've never felt anything but a little hot wearing it.

Sure if you could integrate the same tech into BR gear then I'd be all for it but I doubt the army is willing to pay for an implant for every soldier and new tech as well.

after some search, bone resonance systems are used for hearing aid devices

What gun is that? Looks kinda like a nugget.

FAMAS

Can these be used without direct contact to the body?

Est-ce que c'est un FAMAS?

nope, well you can still use the coms to emit, but you have to wear it to hear any response

Ouais

I was just wondering if there was a form using wireless transmission.

yup, that's what they implemented (when they tried the FELIN equipment at least, bone resonance transmission was the only good point coming out from this project)

No, I meant using a remote transmitter to the deliver the signal by the natural induction of the human body.

Ci falt la geste que Turoldus declinet

well it is linked with a remote transmitter, but I don't see what you mean by natural induction of the human body

Like this.

Attached: Induction.png (558x346, 10K)

well no, the whole point ow bone resonance sys is that you need the device on your head so it can actually resonate through your bones. Having shit like this would be telekinesy

why

I thought as much.
I'm doing some study into such things.

>would be telekinesy

Or induced Schizophrenia.

things like Sylinx work the same. Work as noise cancelling earpro and uses in ear communication. But its always a risk of falling out. I prefer Comtacts mounted to the helmet instead of stuff like Silynx. But you can usually double up

Amplification is banned while hunting where I live.

that's exactly what comtacts do...
How and why?

what if someone decides to play the skelly trumpet forever? you're boned.

I... wait... what? Why would hearing things slightly louder be illegal? That sounds like it's more of a safety issue to *not* hear things at amplified volume, such as footsteps of those around you.

Besides, on earpro, isn't it arguable that it's not really amplification if you're also muting sounds through muffs, so the net effect can still be quieter than the outside? What if you have electronic earpro with the volume cranked up to be exactly 1:1 with normal volume? What are they going to do then?

What Kafkaesque hellhole do you live in?

enter the BONE ZONE

Your thinking more like ultrasonics than EM. Their is some cool stuff with "sound lasers" and pain field generators with that tech. Using ultrasonic waves to vibrate the inner ear from a distance. Since its the bones vibrating not the air the frequency can go higher into the pain threshold than a trainhorn.

I was doing this at work, and the sound of my fingers brushing together was so annoying that I went and got my non amplifying ones

>a little hot

you mean steaming sweaty ass ears right?

I'm pretty sure that's the least of your worries when you're, you know, at WAR.

heat stroke could kill you too y'know

Attached: mercantile friction.jpg (259x194, 4K)

They've been doing it for ages with pilot throat microphones. Also, BONE FONE!

Attached: il_570xN.479522017_qofk.jpg (570x785, 106K)

that's what most electronic earpro marketed towards military/LE does

>hinder situational awareness
>shooting firearms with no ear protection
>shooting it in closed quarters
>shooting it to the degree and frequency of a soldier in war

Because this:

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/03/480173016/armys-smart-earplug-damps-explosive-noise-but-can-enhance-whispers

>Since its the bones vibrating not the air the frequency

Is there any harm in doing that?
Can you transmit voice that way?

that's the whole point of bone resonance device, and no, except if the device you use use lithium battery and can burn, but by wave (even if I don't think it's possible to have waves work like bone resonance systems, so no, no harm) Plus bone resonance systems are used for hearing aid

So you can transmit voice over a distance?

with devices, it's just a headset system for radio, not magic wave resonance shit

Yes you can transmit with directed ultrasonics. Im not talking about bonephone mics different tech. Still vibrates the bones making sound but from a distance. Being used by spooky psy-ops and bored nerds. Lets you pick out a person in a crowd and speak only to them. Good way to drive someone nuts. Also being developed for advertising so the sighn talks just to whoever is looking at it so the clerk wont break it half through an eight hour shift.

Oh and yeah since its the basis for painfield generators, sonic crowd control and area denial automation. Potentially harmfull. An air horn/siren tops off at like 130ish decibels louder weird things happen with the air. With ultrasonics you can vibrate the ear at 300.

>we now have devices that let you target individual people in a crowd
>nobody sees a problem with this

Yeah. The shit you need to worry about most wont believe.
youtu.be/HF9G9M0cR0E

Attached: PSP60-1__49473.1303843228.300.300.jpg (196x300, 10K)