"SOCOM to Evaluate SIG Sauer’s MCX Rattler"

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/09/socom-to-test-sig-sauers-mcx-rattler/
youtube.com/watch?v=RPLu-9nrjHs
Thoughts?

Attached: mcx-rattler-sbr-right-face.jpg (1500x700, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=fe7079c93ffdef10c8739e461f05a2d8&tab=core&_cview=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>short barrel 5.56

I guess socom isn't interested in actually killing the bad guys anymore.

Old news.

300 blackout

The Rattler was made to fit a specific SOCOM requirement for a PDW
It's meant to replace suppressed MP7s/MP5s
fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=fe7079c93ffdef10c8739e461f05a2d8&tab=core&_cview=1

Fuck off

We had a thread about this two months ago when that article was posted.

YES

Attached: Rattler_slowmo_1.webm (1707x720, 1.63M)

is there anything shady going on with Sig and the government?

Big league. Many guys in the know. Keep an eye out.

These things are awesome, they make an integrally suppressed version for CAG. Got to shoot it a few months ago, it's whisper quiet.

how long until we can buy just the upper...

No, but Glockfags will continue to believe so.

>entire US armed forces are equipped with Exetershit weapons
*draws in large volume of air*
HA HA HAAAAHHA WHEEZE I love it

>SOCOM

So I'm guessing the idea is to carry it on your hip like a PDW so that a soldier assigned to carry something specialized like a rocket launcher could still act as a rifleman?

ok long boy

Fuuuuuck ooffff

Know why they call it the rattler? Because after you shoot it you shake worse than MJ Fox

PRESENTING
THA EM CEE EX RATTLAH
NOW WITH LESS BARREL! (BARREL LENGTH MADE SPECIFICALLY TO COMPETE WITH YOUR DICKSIZE)
BECAUSE WHO NEEDS FULL SHOT VELOCITY WHEN YOU CAN LOOK T.A.C.T.I.C.A.L?
"finally something that my mom likes" -GECKO45
this commercial was brought to you by sig sauer

Memes aside why does the military keep clinging on to the short barrelled rifle meme when they have perfectly health 14.5" carbines?

it's in .300blk which has diminishing returns in barrels longer than 9.5 inches. They make it in 5.56 but that's not what they're interested in.

pointless
we already have MP7s

>PCCs are totally better

Which SEALs specifically have reported do not do the job they should be doing. These were made to replace them.

Shooting up crowds of people after hiding a folded stock weapon under their coat (in the desert)?

Technically and theoretically they are.
would you rather have a small gun that holds 40 rounds of fast flying 4.6x30, while having much less recoil, muzzle blast and noise
or would you want an oversized PDW that holds 30 rounds of slow rounds that drop like a fucking rock, and has the most obnoxious muzzle blast, recoil and noise even when suppressed?

Sauce on that

They should remove the stock, issue two at a time, and tie them together with a lanyard, trust me, it's the best way.

>slow rounds that drop like a fucking rock
It's a PDW.

Isn't this barrel length too short even for 300 BLACKED?

nigger it shoots 300 blackout, a round that is known to drop like a rock past fucking 50 meters, all this because of muh stealth, muh quietness, muh suppressors

fuck all that gay shit just get a P90 and mag dump 50 round mags of 5.7x28 into hajis

5.7 is meant to go through soft armor, not so great for people, you need a larger bullet

>nigger it shoots 300 blackout, a round that is known to drop like a rock past fucking 50 meters

I think this might be an exaggeration

>implying 4.6 or 5.7 will do jack shit at range anyway

lol

>mp7 is equivalent to a short barreled .300 BO rifle
Laughable.
Depending on the situation they can be.
Id unironically take a sub gun over an MP7, and definitely take a .300 BO SBR over that if it was a viable alternative for the specific situation at hand.
Not him and not SEALs, but according to doc GKR, whom most people would consider a fairly reliable expert source, PDW users have in general been pretty unhappy with their performance. I can provide sauce if you'd like.

>doc GKR
opinion discarderoo

>This tacticool mallninja wants to sacrifice 10-20 rounds in the mag, less recoil, less muzzle flash and even less range because fuck knows why

>I think this might be an exaggeration
Yeah, it kinda is a stretch, but you get the point
>>implying 4.6 or 5.7 will do jack shit at range anyway
oh it fucking will, these rounds leave the muzzle at at least 2300fps, that shit will fucking destroy you at 100 meters.

>fuck knows why
Terminal effect

SEAL's can't into shot placement?

> these rounds leave the muzzle at at least 2300fps

And they also have no mass.

When you're getting shot at, it's a lot different from shooting at the range.
No, it's half an inch shorter than the honeybadger, which it's replacing.
I don't think he does, since fucking H&K doesn't sell that gun here. SOCOM does, and they know a tiny bit more about guns than you.

Fair enough. Im not exactly the mans biggest fan either, however im also not aware of any other verified professionals who have come out with real world reports or even anecdotes of 4.6/5.7s terminal effectiveness. Everything else i come across is pretty much marketing and conjecture from laymen.
Id rather not have to paint each guy to the floor with 10-20rnds on FA because im running non-expanding non-fragmenting .22 super mag.
>Yeah, it kinda is a stretch, but you get the point
it's more of an outright lie desu.
>oh it fucking will, these rounds leave the muzzle at at least 2300fps, that shit will fucking destroy you at 100 meters.
>implying .300 BO isn't just as if not more effective at 100m

>BULLET DO BIG BOOM BOOM MAKE HAJI DIE
ow the pathetic debate all over again
1.Ammo capacity is almost always more important than muh stoppan powah ESPECIALLY if it's a matter of 10-20 extra rounds
2.shot placement, again, which is much more important than muh stoppan powah, is always more important, and PDWs allow for that better, since they have less recoil, smaller size, more ammo in the mag,etc etc.

in other words, die you 1911 wielding boomer.

>muh energjee
shut the fuck up, please don't reply to me
please

Attached: 1522825161972.jpg (500x500, 26K)

the v is squared

>.22 super mag.
this is exactly how i know you know jackshit about what you're saying
stopped reading right there

5.7x28 ballistics in pic related, ignore the 5.56 bullshit

Attached: 1534679285763.png (2888x2196, 462K)

>>implying .300 BO isn't just as if not more effective at 100m
nah son, velocity is always, always more important than muh mass, or muh size

your mom is squared

>Ammo capacity is almost always more important than muh stoppan powah ESPECIALLY if it's a matter of 10-20 extra rounds
No, it's not. That's true for pistol calibers, not rifle.
>shot placement, again, which is much more important than muh stoppan powah, is always more important
For civilian self defense with pistol calibers, yes. For special operations concerns it's quite different. A center of mass shot is not always going to be available, because you're actually in combat, not shooting someone one foot away stealing your wallet.

The advice you have heard is not applicable to every scenario, no advice is. You're as misguided as a WWI general marching his soldiers into machinegun fire, in perfect formation, because that's what the textbook said to do.

I see the 300 memeout internet defense force is out in full. I cant believe people defend this waste of money.

If you're not shooting center of mass or head, you've basically given up on incapacitating someone in a timely manner.

This is fucking retarded.

>he uses .22 short for HD
Looks like we got ourselves a gen-u-wine ballistics expert here, boys.
>4.6x30mm
>31gr bullet at 2,360 FPS
>.22 magnum
>30gr bullet at 2300 FPS
Holy shit talk about pathetic.
Not even him but:
>implying rifle like terminal effects aren't a result of energy deposit over area/time
You've got no clue what you're talking about do you? what'd you learn about terminal ballistics from lucky gunner or something?
>mass and size of projectiles don't matter
>even when comparing two rounds going well below 2000fps
For the record your meme bullet is going to be going about 1600-1700fps at 100m...

I thought about getting a suppressed 300 bolt action with thermal scope but would that be gay?
Would it?

You arent gonna buy a silencer poorfag, just shut the fuck up.

where'd*

Again, in actual combat people do this thing called taking cover. You can say "oh I can hit the target in the head!" But you can do that at the range, with no adrenaline, without bullets flying at you, without people running around behind or in front of you, with a target that is stationary.

Again, your knowledge is completely non-applicable.

What's the difference between 300 nigout and 7.62x39?

Are you projecting?
Are you?
I would buy a surefire silencer expressly for 300 blackout and a thermal scope at least 3x the rifle+suppressor
Is that gay?
Are you gay?

read 's pic, 5.7 section
go to brassfetcher and check the .22 mag tests, compare them
look at the difference in penetration and expansion
you dense fuck
that's all i can say to you, if you can't figure out why you're wrong using a comparison, don't reply to me.

You can't hit them in the head, but you can hit them in the arm and BLOW IT CLEAN OFF with your memeout round.

one works in an AR
If you actually have a use for it, like coyote pest control, not very gay at all. Like, right at the level of sucking trap dick, not quite at the level of taking it in the ass. 75% homo.

Surprise retard the only thing people peek out from the cover is..you guessed it, their heads and maybe a bit of their shoulders
so his point is semi correct, in CQB it doesn't fucking matter if you're carrying 9mm or .50BMG, a shot to the head is a shot.

Ballistically they are nearly identical.

I'd use it for Jow Forums pest control.
You faggots are done
I'm tired of your shit opinions

Memeout makes perfect sense to me now.

its in .300blk retard

If they're not retarded, a tiny sliver of their head, which you likely will not hit, and will not be fatal. They still have to actually move the gun out to return fire, which means shoulder and arm.
As long as you kill this dude shilling for PDWs first, I'm all for it.

>If they're not retarded, a tiny sliver of their head, which you likely will not hit, and will not be fatal. They still have to actually move the gun out to return fire, which means shoulder and arm.
are you having a fucking stroke
rephrase your post

110gr 300blackout leaves the muzzle at 2350fps.

>ITT: 4.6x30mm is more effective at 100m then .300 BO
>bullet drop makes .300BO useless past 50m
>Shot placement is all that matters, all bullets perform the same
>Rifle rounds offer no improved terminal performance over PDW rounds
>a 4.6mm 30gr non-expanding non-fragmenting round traveling at 1600fps is super effective
Nice to see the PDW defense squad out in force.

Can't wait to see what the results of those tests are

Attached: MCX FAIL.png (440x409, 331K)

>user error

>tests suspended
>MCX adopted regardless
>seals die from malfunctions, not from drowning

Unlike in videogames, which are your only experience with guns, headshots aren't always fatal. If you just graze someone, they do not die.

How many stacks of cash is Sig handing out for all these contracts they're winning for their shitty pajeet guns?

>intermediate round barely competes with PISTOL round in terms of velocity
holy fuck what an achievement

Attached: 1522572054779.jpg (758x698, 96K)

>if you [insert very, very, very unlikely scenario] they do not die

>How does any of this stuff work?!

What pistol round chucks a 110gr bullet at 2350fps?

your mom

We're almost there boys!i

Attached: Latest SOCOM carbine.jpg (660x426, 60K)

>"in terms of velocity"
learn to REEEAAAAAD nigger

Super unlikely thing that happens alll the time in actual, real-world shootouts.

Another real world thing that happens, is PDW rounds underperforming and only being adopted by second rate nations that don't fight wars.

Well, thank you for adding a lot of this conversation by implying that two objects of different sizes going the same speed are identical.

I'm glad we had this talk.

>m-muh velocity!
Too bad it's force that matters nigger.

>failed physics

I love all these Jow Forumsommandos who think they know what gets the job done better than actual Special Forces, keep it up lads, you'll get that call from The Pentagon any day now, I'm sure of it...

Now, when you say special?

You've never taken physics and probably never shot a gun, or again, you'd know force matters, and bullet weight is just as important as velocity.

Exactly the opposite you gay nigger

>completely ignoring the mass/energy of rounds when comparing them
You can't actually be this retarded. If a 9mm casing/chamber could theoretically throw a .177 BB at 3000fps would that suddenly make full power rifle rounds shit?
>inb4 yes, only velocity matters
Read a book, nigger.

Give up, dunce.

There's a lot of shit-posting in this thread, but you're clearly just dumb.

Right, force doesn't matter. That's why flashlights are the ultimate weapon, with their massless projectiles going the speed of light they incapacitate literally everyone.
post a gun you own

rofl

Don't forget your helmet, downie.

he average football linebacker weighs 230 lbs and sprints at 25.5 FPS. That’s 2020 ft-lbs of energy. A 190gr bullet moving at 2200FPS produces almost identical energy.
Which is more likely to kill an Elk?

A 490 grain Broad-head arrow traveling at 225 Feet Per Second (FPS) has a kinetic energy of 55 ft-lbs. A 1 Pound Gel filled bag launched at 60 FPS has a Kinetic Energy of 55 ft-lbs.
Which is more likely to kill an Elk?

Nigger, if you graze him with a PDW, you'll graze him with the rifle round, your 0.01cm difference in circumference doesn't change shit

>force
>force
>force
>Doesn't know what force is.

>Right, force doesn't matter. That's why flashlights are the ultimate weapon, with their massless projectiles going the speed of light they incapacitate literally everyone.
readread

He said .22 SUPER mag, not .22 mag. I assume this is a reference to the concept of necking .17 WSM up to .22; if so, it's actually pretty accurate.

.17 WSM is 25gr at 2800fps from a 20" barrel.
5.7x28 is 28gr at 2600fps from a 16" PS90 barrel
A theoretical .22 WSM with the same 33000 psi pressure and larger bore diameter should outperform .17 WSM from PDW length barrels.

I'm not saying it would be just as good as 5.7x28 -- I suspect it comes up about 100fps short. But it's a lot closer than .22WMR.

mind your barrel lengths when making ballistic comparisons.

>completely ignoring velocity, surface area, the interaction between delta V and peak forces, and the inherent differences between slow/heavy impacts and light/fast impacts
>T-they have the same energy!
Only a brainlet would think those comparisons mean literally anything. Please do go on about how well you understand physics.
You may literally be retarded. Here's a question for you physics major, If velocity is all that matters and energy plays no part in wounding then why do non expanding/fragmenting/yawwing rifle rounds only poke caliber sized icepick wounds whilst producing zero radial effects while expanding/fragmenting rifle rounds produce wounds considerably larger than the bullets diameter and radial effects around the wound tract? They're both going at the same velocity after all.

f=ma nigger, that's why bullet mass is important. It's half the goddamn equation.
Right, it has to actually penetrate. But we're not comparing gel bags or linebackers to arrows, we're comparing bullets to bullets, which will both penetrate. The only difference is one carries 2-6x the force of the other.

Post a gun you own.