QTDDTOT: THE INAUGURAL ETERNAL GUNNY THREAD

Let's try this again.

Welcome one and all to The Eternal Gunny thread, formerly known as the Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread, Thread.

So, starting question, holy jesus, what is that, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Attached: 1523867875390.jpg (484x321, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=80131
aguilaammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Aguila-Ammo-2017-Catalog.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=C3fPH31Yszo
youtube.com/watch?v=XEME8Bgr9Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=pch0J9-7i2k
youtube.com/watch?v=TVhf0uKhfds
youtube.com/watch?v=PhA3IO-HdTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SIR, A JELLY DONUT, SIR

Attached: image.jpg (1080x736, 507K)

I'm looking at a reproduction moist nugget optic. They claim it's modern internals with the vintage look for about $260.

My question is would it be more worth my time to go to a gun show and try to find a real "era" optic for my 39'

I have a question about 80% glocks and California. I'm well-aware about all the bullshit about having to serialize it before July. Do you have to build it as a single-shot/break action? The laws are so confusing and bullshit but I can't seem to find a consensus.

I got a membership to the GCA so I can get a Garand from the CMP. How long does it take to receive the membership usually?

Attached: holy jesus! what is that!.jpg (640x960, 85K)

I liked it when he essentially reprised the gunny in Space Above and Beyond

Attached: Da8uEcH.jpg (2040x1498, 394K)

How much of a hassle is getting and maintaining an ffl license without having a storefront? I was hoping i could just use it to get my own guns and make a little money to support my gun hobby without going crazy and getting a storefront and dealing with all that.

Ordered pic related for my arsenal sar m1, what can I expect? The few reviews said it was fine and this shouldn't be airsoft. Could this possibly work?

Attached: 233.png (1089x447, 183K)

any good resources on how to go about taking an existing shotgun and turning it into a short barreled shotgun legally

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=80131

The NFA is a load of horseshit.

From what I heard, the SSE was voided, so just build it as is.

>Space Above and Beyond
this show tingles the military-scifist in me, not nearly enough series like it

Attached: 58.jpg (418x299, 13K)

buy an RS regulate you fag

>200€
For a 0,2kg piece of metal, no thank you.

Is a ramped barrel necessary for a 9mm 1911, or do non-ramped barrels also work?

i'm glad that it seems like these are going to be a thing. Oh, my question, should I buy an AR10, or bolt action for my next rifle?

Attached: tapu.gif (408x397, 35K)

Depends on your budget, if you have enough for an AR10, I'd buy one.

Anyone know if it's worth it to start reloading 7.7 Jap?

If your wearing a plate carrier and no camo, how do you not become a silhouette?

Don't silhouette yourself and wear camo.

You'd be lucky to find one in person in my experience

You hide behind something.

Are there any options in the west for a deep concealment AP pistol? Only ones I can think of are the .25 NAA and maybe a .22 tcm single stack.

Best shot shell pouch/holder?

What's a cheap 308 bolt gun with iron sights?

Haha I want to piss on his grave.

Is there a preferred brand of cheap bulk handgun ammo or are they all sort of the same?

Attached: Hostess_removes_panties.gif (394x289, 2M)

my budget is limited, but I want to scratch the itch of finally getting an AR, and .308, cause right now my assortment is two handguns, a shotgun, and an AK that doesn't keep its zero.

friend of mine says Aguila is a good option all the time.

When the fug is glock coming out with other models of the gen 5. I want a 21 sans grooves.

If you've got an Academy Sports in your town, their house brand ammo "Monarch" is just rebranded from other makers, like PPU and Tula, etc. Generally it seems pretty decent.

I have no idea what to say Anons, as much as I want to give an American response of
>I believe that it is the right of every individual to have the right to bear arms....
I can't help but feel that I need to give a Sterile answer.
What should I say?

Attached: Untitled.png (498x522, 27K)

The Arisaka type 99 is my favorite WW2 era service rifle and I'd love to own one. Problem is, nowadays the low end ones (beat up wood, dark bore, etc) are $350-400 or more. I'm fine with a poorer condition rifle as it being a weirdo caliber I dont plan to shoot it all too often. Any of you know if these prices are worth it for what it gets you?

Attached: Arisaka-Type-99-LD-Full-24.jpg (1500x944, 259K)

Do mini shot shells come in 20 gauge?

Early war Type 99's are excellent rifles, if ammo didn't cost so much I would shoot it more often. I would say spending 300-400 on one is worth it. Last ditch rifles on the other hand are very rough and unpleasant to shoot. If you don't care about the "Mum" bring intact you can pic up a nice Type 99 at a gun show for around $300.
Pic related, an Early Type 99 that I paid $300 for (w/bayonet) and a last ditch I got for $35.00 lol

Attached: IMG_1929.jpg (3264x2448, 3.01M)

I'm interested in Firearms for their technical aspects and enjoy the sporting aspect of them

clean-cut way of saying you're autistic about guns

I believe it the duty of every Englishman to be proficient in the arts of war in order to defend her majesty's court. As a result I have trained tirelessly in hand to hand combat at my local krav maga dojo, I have trained in the art of the katana at the gentleman's kendo club (but I binned my blade by order of the mayor of London), and I have practiced firearm drills with a wooden model I have created. I respectfully ask you to fulfill my duty to the queen and to allow me to join your sportsmen's club.

T-thirty five dollars?? How did you get some fuddtard to go that low?

It sounds like you're autistic about the T99 in particular so it will be worth it to you.
In terms of what you actually get, no $400 is not really worth it as compared to something else. It functions exactly like a cock-on-close straight-handle mauser but has chink runes on it instead of western runes and fires a more expensive cartridge; you could get a nice swede mauser, bayonet, and ammo for ~$400. I like my T99 but I like it because I'm autistic about the chink runes and muh war flower and the aircraft sights, not because I thought it was a sensible firearm purchase at the price nor because I think it has a superior action or superior sights or any other superior aspect over a competitor.
If you're buying milsurp for some other reason than collecting milsurp for itself, you're in the wrong hobby.

I like this one
I had a good hearty chuckle user, makes me forget we're going to need a straw license soon

Why is it common practice to decock a firearm for storage? Is it not true that loading and unloading is what ruins springs, rather than constant tension?

There's a local hardware store that had literally hundreds of milsurp guns: Arisakas, Carcanos, Enfields, Springfields, Ross Rifles, freakin' M1941 Johnson's, you name it. They were selling everything at 1960's prices until it caught on in the local gun forums and they have since adjusted their prices to what you'd expect today. I picked up a few guns before the price increase. They pretty much got rid of their entire inventory by now.

Attached: IMG_4465.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

Why does the gun needed to be cocked when it's empty and is locked in some way?

Why would it need to be not cocked? What's the point of taking that extra action? The chamber is empty, it's not like it can miraculously go off.

You're cute.

I prefer Remington or Federal (usually federal) over PMC, PMC has been underloaded in 44 mag and 9mm in my experience.

I just want to understand the dissonance that says magazine don't go bad for being left loaded but also says that springs shouldn't be stored under tension.

repro m1 carbine, which company makes the best but affordable ones?

Which of these makes for the better out-of-box plinking and practicing semi-auto .22?

>10/22
>Marlin 60
>Marlin 795

I know the 10/22 can go crazy with aftermarket options but I'd rather keep a .22 simple and clean.

I own one. It's pretty high above the receiver but so long as you can shoot with and actually practice with a cheek weld you're fine.

There are plenty of derringers in rifle calibers.

Attached: Heizer-Defense-PAK1-Pocket-AK_F.jpg (1000x665, 553K)

Remington 700 at your local fuddmart

Oh great another general.

HOLY SHIT a carbine without the bayonet lug

Attached: nice.jpg (509x300, 69K)

Not according to this:

aguilaammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Aguila-Ammo-2017-Catalog.pdf

You can make them though, by chopping down the hull, the wad, reducing the payload, and re-sealing the shell with a crimp or with hot glue if you really want some.

In general, don't store springs under tension.

High quality springs such as are found in firearms or magazines generally don't fail due to constant compression very quickly, but like all springs will eventually fail if left at full compression for an extended period of time (several years) without being allowed to relax.

I always decock my guns for storage.

They're all fine, just pick the one you like the factory sights on best if you aren't going to modify it, or if you are willing to change out sights check some catalogs and see if the kind you like best are available for each of those.

Personally I'm not a fan of factory 10-22 sights OR marlin factory sights, but I toss optics on my guns so they're back-ups anyway.

I want to carry a CZ P-01 am I stupid?

Attached: 140813919533.jpg (1922x1080, 706K)

Not for wanting to carry a god pistol, but for asking our permission you are.

Is there such a thing as a sight for a double barrel shotgun? As in a reticle per barrel

I'm relatively new to firearms ownership (but have shot quite a bit here in Australia and overseas) but recently got a 12g, now I'm looking to get either a .22 or .17 HMR as my first rifle before moving to something larger down the track. Cost of ammo is negligible for me, what's your opinion on the HMR? Mainly using for some range fun and the odd bunny, feral cat or fox given the chance.

My gf (female) has never shot a gun before. She finds them pretty scary but she trusts me enough to go to the range. The only gun I own is a snubnose .38, which I'm not sure will be good for her (trigger weight).

What's a good first gun for her to shoot? Obviously this would have to be something that can be found to rent at most ranges.

Their dove loads make a huge fireball at dusk

No, and there is no need for one. Almost without exception double barrel guns have converging bore axes at a distance of roughly 50 yards, and because the convergence is so small (less than an inch horizontal over 50 yards) even if the barrels didn't shoot to the same point of aim the difference in their alignment would be lost within the spread of the pattern as soon as it started to spread.

There are concentric ring reticles and circle+dot reticles you can use to roughly gauge and model the spread of the different barrels or the spread of one and the point of impact for a slug

I've had a .17 for years and honestly it's pretty pointless. The trajectory is flat, but that's unnecessary at the ranges you can reliably hit targets small enough that it is suitable for use against and the extra expansion you can get out of as more advanced bullet design in thee .17 is overturned by the additional diameter you can get from a .22 LR firing stingers.

Honestly, a .22 is a better purchase in every case I can imagine - as a training gun to get you used to ballistic effects, as a small game hunting gun, as a smallbore known distance competition gun

A .22 rifle (as it's easy to be accurate with, has low report, and has low recoil), or a .22 revolver (as it mimics your .38 if she ever needs to use it) would be good for her first range trip.

Thanks so much, that's a good point I haven't seen argued while researching. I was under the impression that the .17 would be more powerful at closer range on the larger animals. That said I was forgetting stingers etc.

Should I buy a Mossberg 88 shotgun or some .22lr rifle as my first firearm? I've shot guns before and now I want one to shoot with my gf for fun, and maybe for defense as well.

A 10-22 is a really good choice for teaching new shooters and it can span the gap and cover you for home defense as well if you buy some extended magazines.

If it was just you, I might recommend the maverick 88, but a 12 gauge is the opposite of what you want when teaching new shooters.

when i take newbies shooting, i go over and review safety rules on the way there
it lets them know saftey is important and we take it seriously, BUT it's not that complicated and they shouldn't be worried
>treat
>never
>keep
>keep

once there i like to rent a .22 pistol
most ranges usually have a ruger or somthing
then i make sure they get the basics down
>sight alignment
>sight picture
>stance
>grip
>gentle squeeze
let them burn a few mags like that
build up confidence with the .22
once they are being consistent with the basics throw in trigger control
>respiratory pause
>follow through
>recoil stops
>ease of the trigger until it resets
!!!CLICK!!!
>repeat
at this point they see with this technique they are shooting tighter
this encourages them, a visual que that they are already doing better

burn off the rest of the .22 and then move up to a larger caliber
i like to move to a full sized 9mm

If I got a semi-auto .22 rifle, would it be more 'fun' and more viable than shooting basically a pellet gun? I've heard .22s don't really have much more power than pellet rifles

>Would it be more "fun"
I can't say with any certainty because I don't know what is fun for you but here are some things you can do with a .22 that you can't do with a pellet gun:

>learn minor gunsmithing like part replacement
>fire semi-automatically
>reload rapidly
>build a "training" version of a larger gun
>Observe and train to compensate for ballistic phenomena

The only thing you can't really do with a .22 that you can with a small caliber pellet gun is fire it in your back yard.

At close range (within 25 yards) pellet guns and .22's can shoot similar sized groups, though pellet guns are typically more costly for the gun itself with negligible ammunition cost whereas .22 rifles cost less for the rifle but have a higher cost of ammunition ($5 for 50 bulk rounds, as opposed to $17 for 1,000 bulk pellets)

>.22's don't really have much more power than pellet rifles

There are SOME pellet rifles which are more powerful than .22's, but those are generally very costly and fire large diameter projectiles (.357 and up) whereas smallbore pellet guns tend to be substantially less powerful than smallbore rifles.

Here's a good video which illustrates the quantitative and qualitative differences in power between a typical pellet gun and a typical .22:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3fPH31Yszo

Where can I read more about the competing doctrines of NATO vs PACT from 1950-1990 in the same level of detail as the field manual 100-2 series?

Thanks again user, you've been incredibly helpful, I'm not super knowledgeable about firearms. I think I'm going to go with the .22.

have a good night

How likely am I to get caught if I order a Glock p80 lower with the jig etc, into my country that has heavey restrictions on handguns. Technically it's not a firearm so I could import it but that would just say I have intent to make it into a gun. Would customs find it?

This is total bullshit. It's the compressing and decompressing of springs that wears them out. Them stayin static won't hurt them if you don't somehow overload the magazine. I've literally had AK mags sit for 5 years while I was away from home for military service, gone to the range, loaded them into my rifle, and not had a single feeding issue. Stop spreading fuddlore, fag.

Attached: 1523770299565.jpg (631x454, 49K)

What’s the point of getting SBRs or pistols with arm brace stocks that are semiautomatic? I feel like in close quarters semiauto is completely trumped by full auto to the extent of making it pointless and you’re better off just making a mid range rifle. Particularly I think semi auto PDWs are really worthless,

You can utilize a simplified model of spring wear, but you ought to be aware that you are using such a model. This is a common misunderstanding even by engineering students who believe that simply because the only modelling equation they were taught about spring wear relies solely upon compression and decompression that no other factors influence the process when in actuality the fact that spring fatigue can occur due to constant compression is observable - especially in cases where lower quality spring steel is used or metallurgy quality control is not sufficient.

This error is much the same as applying Newtonian physics to objects moving at relativistic speeds or which exist with the properties of both particles and waves. Although Newtonian physics does not provide a variable into which speeds close to C can be accounted for, or the dual nature of particle-waves that does not mean those factors do not impact the actual physical reality when they are present.

Here are three videos by competent and seasoned firearms experts who all have observed spring failure due to fatigue incurred in compression:

>Aaron Cowan, Founder of Sage Dynamics, former Army SOF, former SWAT officer, combat veteran
youtube.com/watch?v=XEME8Bgr9Dc

>Paul Harrel, USMC Infantry veteran, US Army Veteran, Combat Marksmanship Instructor at USMC security forces school, several state championships + 1 national championship + 1 international championship in shooting, combat veteran, survivor of a lethal civilian self-defense shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=pch0J9-7i2k

>Larry Vickers, Former delta force operator, founder of the vickers tactical training school, custom 1911 builder, combat veteran
youtube.com/watch?v=TVhf0uKhfds

If you look closely at the Vickers video's slow motion you can actually observe the bolt bounce and failure of the g3's full auto mechanism due to storage with the recoil spring in constant compression.

>legality
>marksmanship outside of close quarters
>conservation of ammunition by people not extensively trained in using full auto
>minimizing risk of collateral damage due to errant rounds
>recreational civilian ownership of something that looks like a favorite military firearm

There are more reasons, but the biggest one is legal restrictions on civilian ownership of full auto firearms and the relative rarity of extensive training in managing full auto.

If you ever fire full auto firearms in real life you'll find that they're substantially harder to manage than videogames, movies, and the like make it seem.

I bought one these a few months ago as my first rifle. Did I do good?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-19-08-29-38.png (720x1280, 141K)

What screw do you need for a Magpul type 2 sling mount?

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 2K)

Even in death he PT's them till they die.
youtube.com/watch?v=PhA3IO-HdTs

I have a Winchester 94, post 64, .30-.30 lever action. The stock is a bit to short for me to shoot comfortably. Is there any way to find after market stocks for this type of rifle? Or should I get look into cheek pad and butt extenders? I would prefer to have a stock over the ladder

Or you could just post the video where the guy stored glock mags for 5 years and the compressed ones were shorter than the ones that were frequently unloaded.

Where can I buy good quality camo BDU’s. Any geerqueers have any suggestions?

I've shot everything from shitty winchester white box to remshit to blazer brass. it all worked fine. I've even had an excellent experience with Freedom Munitions.

So long as it is new brass cased ammo from a big manufacturer (read: not jim bob's reloading service), you'll be fine.

haha dude there's this facebook group in my state that got over 120,000 members in two months. It's about stopping the Assault Weapons Ban in my state.

It's a closed group, and they asked me why I want to join. I only typed in one word and hit submit:

>SHALL

instantly accepted. kek

Attached: oregunians.png (1046x505, 103K)

I just got my Massachusetts FID card and am ready to become a firearms owner, but want my first gun to be one I made. I'm a machinist so I'm not worried about the building part, but am unsure about the legal bullshit.

-Does a homemade firearm count towards the 3 a year total for mass?
-Does a homemade firearm have to be registered like other firearms?
-Does it require a safety?

Attached: IMG_5872.jpg (904x1169, 123K)

I only looked into it mildly, but I noticed my town has more FFLs than sex offenders. Most seem to either have their home address listed or work out of a small local business. I guess it cant be too hard if you have the money

Does anyone have the blind GF screencaps for this guy?

Attached: 1524107075608.png (1284x1260, 1.87M)

Are those laser training bullets like the iTarget worth the price for dryfire practice or should I just save my money and get more snapcaps?

Attached: 1524131316314.jpg (1920x1080, 440K)

>trusting chinkshit reviews

Which chinese chest rig should I get?

>4 large pouches & 2 small ones
>3 large pouches & 4 small ones
>whichever is cheaper

Attached: 81-%2BEOKLY%2BL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x996, 135K)

What is the intended use?

If you're planning to be on the range mostly and do more shooting than anything else you might want the 4 large pocket rig.

Alternatively, if you're planning on actually going innawoods it may pay to have more administrative ability to manage useful things like flashlights, compass, utility knife, map, paracord, etc. and you believe 3 large pockets plus one magazine in the rifle will hold enough ammo to get you out of any scrape you're likely to run into.

should i trust gun broker?

How tight should the muzzle brake be on?
If I try to twist it off the thread with my hand, should it be unable to turn?

Would a rifle with ergonomics designed for a woman be significantly different than rifles now? Say compare a standard M4A1 with one that has dimensions designed for a typically female.

what are some essential pieces to a gun cleaning kit? I usually just use a boresnake to clean the barrel and wipe everything down with a paper towel and g96.

If you can twist it off with your hand, it'll come loose firing, I'm pretty sure. What gun and brake?

Where can you download past Jow Forumslass photos?

There would be literally no difference except maybe a shorter stock.