Good ccw for women? Want to get one for the wifey. She has a small frame (5ft). Was thinking of the ruger lcp...

Good ccw for women? Want to get one for the wifey. She has a small frame (5ft). Was thinking of the ruger lcp. Not looking to break the bank either, around $300.

Attached: tmp_24401-serveimage(5)41205928.png (1200x900, 1.69M)

Depends on the person. They're light, big caliber for size. They are accordingly hard to shoot, but are generally reliable. Go rent one before deciding.
FWIW, I know a lady who carries a HK45c.

Get a hogue grip for it or else she will never shoot more than once. LCP can be had for under $200 at various places so shop around.

Attached: 2016-09-28 12.25.31.jpg (1600x1200, 801K)

I'll look at those then if I go with the lcp. I was looking at compact pistols just cause she has a small frame and figured itd be easier for her to conceal.

You don't buy a gun then decided how to carry it. You do the other way around. What capabilities do you want/need? Is 9mm necessary? Do you need more than 8 rounds, more than 12? How are you holstering it? Will it print in her small frame holstering it that way? From there, what type of pistol you want becomes clear. Then just find one that's easy to operate/comfortable to shoot.

I pocket carry mine from time to time. Fairly light weight and 7+1 capacity with the extended mag. The grip is pretty slim and narrow so it would fit her hands no problem but since its such a light gun the recoil isn't very pleasant. The hogue grip helps absorb and spread that recoil around a wider area of the palm. It takes a gun that you wouldn't want to shoot more than a box through to one that you can shoot all day long.

LCP is fucking trash, mate.

>keltec/taurus owner typing detected

Fuck off.

Not like she's going to actually shoot it anyway.

Attached: 3350584_orig.jpg (1090x800, 350K)

>Not buying her a PPK

Chances are this is the only gun she'll ever own. Why not spend a bit more and get something quality?

Attached: 1434944822593.jpg (1200x1048, 139K)

Smaller is harder to shoot, even in 380 that thing is unpleasant. The concern is mitigated by the fact that you'll be using it at fairly close range. Pick something that fits correctly in her hand so she doesn't habitually alter her grip every shot. The Glock 42 is fairly comfortable for most people. The P238 is pretty nice but new msrp is laughable.

>Smaller is harder to shoot
This this, get a heavier gun, tiny light guns fly off target. They LOOK like they'll be better but naw. I carry a Bersa 380 cc myself.

I would recommend cancanconcealment's garter-strap leg holster, but my 380 has fallen out like spaghetti too many times. Mostly that's my fault for being super active but desu it's for a derringer. I'd like to try their corset holder, it's just a cinch thing that goes around your underlayer shirt/cami. When wearing layers it's a great way to conceal, IF THE GUN FITS. I can't blame them for the bad garter holster since it's for 4" or less barrels and my gun is slightly bigger.

As with anyone, just watch some videos on basic stances and shit, take her to a range with a bunch of rentals, try out a whole lot of handguns, see what actually works for her. I see LCPs for rent at most larger ranges.

>Not looking to break the bank either, around $300
>Getting cheap on protecting a loved one
Must be for your side-piece then.

1: You want to get her a pistol that's small and light enough for her to actually carry it.

2: You want to get her a pistol that will not have so much recoil that she becomes afraid of using it and therefore never shoots it or possibly never even carries it.

3: You want the gun to be less than $300.

You're not going to find a gun that fits all three of these points. What I'd suggest personally is saving up another $200 and getting her a Sig Sauer P238. It's plenty small/light enough for her to not mind carrying it, because it's a tilting-barrel design rather than a blowback it has especially mild recoil, and it also has a decent single action only trigger and full-size sights. Ontop of all of that it, with a 7 round extended magazine, fills the hand fully and therefore doesn't suffer from the "it's too small to shoot well" effect. It's probably the perfect first CCW gun.

Attached: Sig Sauer P238 Nickel.jpg (3280x2240, 2M)

get an LCP2 instead. Ten times nicer to shoot thanks to the wide backstrap, great trigger, and superior sights.

Attached: lcp2.jpg (848x477, 118K)

My sister uses a 27 model S&W. She used it for self defense one time and was successful

body size doesn't really dictate what to shoot or carry. I constantly have to talk people who want tiny guns, but don't know how to shoot and don't care how to learn how to shoot.
>Durhur, I hope I never have to fire it
Then don't buy a gun that needs skill to shoot properly, or shit, don't buy a gun at all if you don't plan on training.

Anyways, go have her rent some guns and go to a store that allows trying on holsters to see what she can carry comfortably.

>Bersa 380 cc
those things recoil like 22's, just wish their build quality was better. I carry one in a jacket sometimes.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not a wealthy man but if sending the extra ~200 will get that much better quality I'll do it. I just want her to have something she can easily carry, reliable and shoot comfortably with. I'll have her try out the ones you guys have said and other things in the shop.

My wife is somewhat small as well and I got her a LCR .22 with laser grips. Laser auto activates, weighs very little. My general philosophy was to minimize all possible thinking required. Also 8 shots so that's not bad at all.

Added expense, yes, but she's probably more confident and may actually hit what she aims at if she ever has to use it outside of practicing.

Ruger is quality,as far,as poly pistols go theyre some of the best bang for your buck.

I hate people like you,the gun market is overflooded and companies are competing to keep thier sales high and prices low. In turn you can get an afforadble reliable pistol Kahr,Ruger,Bersa,Taurus,and even a Smith&wesson for under $300.

Ive always wanted wanted a LCP but i dont want people at the range to laugh at me.everybody whips out thier big black AR-15's and full size service pistols,but im over here with my LCGay

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Taurus PT111.

I know it's not ideal to use rimfire for self defense, but .22 WMR, when shot out of a 2" barreled revolver, meets the FBI's minimum penetration requirements. A typical revolver can carry an extra ~3 rounds compared to a .38 special of the same size and the muzzle flash/report are awfully intimidating to whoever is downrange despite it being really light recoiling.

Unless she's enthusiastic about practicing and confident about carrying, consider a revolver. Autoloaders are more complicated, and a woman is less likely to have it ready to shoot when she needs it, and more likely to have an accidental discharge.

Women generally have a much poorer understanding of mechanical systems, and far less interest in them. Things that are obvious to you are probably mysterious to her, even if she seems like an intelligent person in other ways. Rules that follow naturally from your understanding of the system will have to be drilled into her by rote. If she enjoys shooting, it probably won't be for the act itself, but as a way of spending time with you, and she won't be naturally inclined to take opportunities to spend her own time alone honing her skills.

For a double-action revolver, all she needs to know is how to load it, how to unload it, and that each time she wants a bullet to come out, she should pull the trigger, and never at any other time. For an autoloader, she needs to track whether a round is chambered and whether the safety is on. She needs to understand the various reasons a bullet might not come out when she pulls the trigger, how to distinguish between them, what to do in each case, and how to do it fast enough to stop a bad guy taking her gun away. She needs to know why it might not fire even if she put the bullets in, and why it might still fire even if she took the bullets out.

I have an lc380, in my opinion a big upgrade from the lcp

Small guns are easy to conceal but hard to shoot well without a lot of practice(small girps tiny sights, short sight radius) and that practice is less fun because small guns are light and narrow which translates to increased recoil.

She would be better off by getting the largest gun she can easily conceal.

R.I.P.

I found the failure to feed issue to be a) due to bad aftermarket magazines b) solved with breakin. It may also have to do with the way people hold the gun. After a few thousand rounds and getting rid of the bad mags (set them all next to each other fully loaded and you can see which ones are off-tilt), I don't have this issue anymore, but people who aren't regular shooters seem to have it happen to them sometimes still. I've heard this mentioned as a wider issue with some semis in general. Better QC would eliminate the sharp feed ramp issue they've had before, maybe they've improved it by now. For 150 bucks though I love this thing. I've had it run over by a car, thrown off a motorcycle several times, gone off huge drops, and it still functions great for me. Was my first handgun.

>5'

She should CC a G19 or M&P 9c. Quit being a faggot. My wife is 5' and she carries a G19. She also has no trouble with her FNX.

Have you ever shot a LCP? They slap the ruck out of you. Thanks to how tiny it is, its one of the hardest hitting normie handguns.

Unironically the new shield .380
Can rack the slide with her pinkie, big enough that .380 has little to no recoil, but small enough to fit well in her hands and conceal

Or just get the 9mm like a normal human.

9mm has significant recoil for average men, let alone tiny 5' women. If you're an average Jow Forums regular, compared to you, she'll probably have about one third of the physical ability to handle recoil and less than one tenth of the enthusiasm for developing the skill to do so.

get the version 2, way worth it.

>9mm has significant recoil for average men

How limp are your wrists holy shit

It really is, common household items for size comparison.

Attached: IMG_20180409_133615248_LL.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

If she has tiny wrists to match, then no. If you want small guns that small girls can shoot, you should be looking at steel-frames.

LC380 is still pretty concealable, but big enough to shoot nicer if you're set on a polymer frame.

My gf really wanted to try one so we went to a range to try it out and it was absolutely horrible to shoot. Very painful in the web of the thumb area for both of us.

2/10 will never shoot again.

how much does your wife way?

Okay, so in your case you're a 14-year-old boy who only fantasizes about guns, so you don't have a frame of reference. I'll just explain it: a tiny 5' woman is going to struggle with handgun recoil. Especially if she isn't started on .22 LR and allowed to work her way up, 9mm will likely give her trigger anxiety and destroy her enthusiasm for practicing. She may limp-wrist it and cause it to fail to feed, or be hurt by the gun, or lose her grip on it. Even if she does get used to it, the recoil will likely take her far off line and make her follow-up shots either very slow or very inaccurate. If she's panicking and trying to shoot quickly, she may very well magdump into the ceiling.

Recoil matters, and the less physical strength you have and the less enthusiasm for practice you have, the more it matters. It matters a lot for women, especially small women.

Try slav cousin comrade. Is hateful in good way.

Attached: IMG_20160408_103959726_HDR.jpg (1440x2560, 1.77M)

*weigh

all apologies

My gf got one and she wants to not like it but I think it’s a terrific shooter. She just needs to shoot it more because she’s only shot a Glock and is used to it.

We got a great deal for it and I really dig it. It’s fun to shoot for sure and I can see myself carrying it.

I have a highly riced out g42 which will probably be my last conceal carry because of how much I love the damn thing.

I'm betting a 5' woman would be unable to rack the slide, which you would know if you had ever been around a female human

LC9s

LCP2 is under 300

They have not fixed the feed ramps. I had to polish mine because I couldn't be bothered to wait 200 rounds before trying hollowpoints. You have to clean all the factory grease out of it before you even shoot it. The finish is pretty terrible. If I wanted a dedicated CC I would choose a TPR9c or something else from their lineup.

Get her a BBC

Boku no Berreta Pico.

Used Glock 42/43/Bersa thunder

At least get the lcpii, with +1 magazine.

A Chiappa Rhino.

I'd love to shit on pt111s, but in reality they are ok for the price. Although for most people, I'd recomened just saving a little more for something better. PPS M2s can be had for just a hundred bucks more sometimes when they go on sale.

What I do hate about them through is taurus went retard and markets it as the new model without the hillary hole as the G2C, and it's marked on the slide, but the actual frame is marked as G2A. I have to fucking fixed an assload of 4473s because the people running background in my store took the model off the slide or box.

In a fucking tiny ass CC pistol? Yeah. 9x19 is snappy as fuck.

Hell, even .380 will hurt your palm after a couple mags in guns that small.

If you have a girlfriend that knows nothing about guns and you want to get her a ccw. Get her a revolver. Women are literally to stupid to handle semi auto's I've learned. They never can keep a round in the chamber to save their life.

Get her an Airweight.

Women are too weak and too retarded for a semi-auto DAO pocket pistol.

Attached: S&W_637CT_38_Airweight_A.large.jpg (1000x668, 52K)

this desu

spend the money and get her something "relatively" heavy for a CC piece. Probably not a 1911 or mk 12 if she is an armlet. Something that will soak up recoil.

This. My wife carries one and really likes it.

Can they conceal their ARs? No.
Can they conceal their huge service pistols while wearing shorts and a t-shirt? No.
Different guns have different purposes.

110lb

Thanks,i needed that.

A Taurus 85, and I'm not kidding.

A revolver is simple to learn how to shoot, and a steel-framed revolver (even a snub) is infinitely easier to shoot than a lightweight one.

Yep, and because it's a blowback pistol the recoil is pretty bad. The sig, having a tilting barrel, mitigates the felt recoil significantly.

I am a woman. I carry a p238. It's the only gun I can reliably rack the slide on without looking like a complete retard. Buying the p238 took me from "I come to the range to support my husband's hobby" to full enthusiast because it was so fun to shoot.

Get the lcp custom it has better sights and get the factory 7 round magazine with pinky extension (doesn't work on lcp2) and the hogue grip

Attached: IMG_20160922_200834.jpg (900x1125, 385K)

Came in to mention this. The LC380 is one of the lightest recoiling 380s I've tried.

>lcp custom
>Insane clown posse custom

A gun isn't a cock extension and it's not a fucking fashion accessory either.
Shoot whatever you want.

My girl loves her bersa 380cc(i love it too) . You can get one + a good holster and 100 rounds of ammo for $350

Attached: bersa.jpg (1920x1080, 85K)

This is pretty normal for these small very thin handguns. the recoil force is concentrated into a much smaller area. my pf9 is very uncomfortable to shoot for more than about 100rds.

you got to go to the gun store and see if she can rack the slide. if she is strong enough, i cant say enough good things about my S&W bodyguard .380.

EC9s or LC9s. $230 and $260 on PSA.

I have an LCP.

It requires expertise and experience to shoot. I have no idea why people recommend these lil pocket .380s for women when their purses can fit a Glock 17 for all it matters.

You're welcome, man. Feel confident with your weapon of choice.

>carry in your purse
>someone sneaks up and grabs your purse
Purse carry a shit, body cary

Small guns are harder to shoot. Get her a full sized one.

One on your right hip, one under your left arm, one to the left of your belt buckle, one on your ankle, one at the nape of your neck, and one up each sleeve.

Attached: 1522506194449.jpg (2651x1831, 1.61M)

get her a revolver bruv

Attached: webley.jpg (740x493, 148K)

An uncomfortable subcompact or micropistol is more useful if it's on your person than a comfortable full sized pistol at home.

This, OP. I've owned and shot both a lot. You want the LCP 2.

I've sincerely never experienced or seen any degree of judgment at any range I've been to.

I've had people slack-jawed when I shoot my M44 and one time a couple of black dudes saw me with my AK and one yelled "ay yo, home got a chopper!", but I've never seen anyone made fun of. And I've shot an LCP at a range.

I prefer pic related.
Deals with recoil well

Attached: download-1.jpg (265x190, 5K)

>Women are only strong enough to carry these little fucking pocket pistols.
Serious what the fuck is wrong with women?

Attached: 053e46965d275a9b603551b2a9680c9e147f2293b68d1324923e5c50b623734a.jpg (723x720, 56K)

>what is muscle structure, muscle density, and bone structure

Its because men are physically more capable user.

Not only physically. Women are mentally weak as shit. Big deal you can shit a kid out.

>fucking retarded teacup poodle, can't even kill a tiger in 1v1 combat
>"Serious what the fuck is wrong with teacup poodles?"

I got my gf (5'11 90lbs wet) an oversized .357 revolver. She can't really pull back a slide. So that limited options. Got one leaning on oversized, heavy because she could handle the weight better then recoil.

Attached: 1507154997775.jpg (400x300, 62K)

why are you fucking teacup poodles, user?

This. Thats why i hate women who carry cause theyre more likely to pull a gun out and escalte a situation that could have been avoided altogether.
Ex: Reading local newspaper "shots fired" oh shit. Woman fired at a man who was trying to fight her son (17) missed 6 rounds, but no one got hurt.Now theyre investigating to see if it was a justifiable shooting,it wasnt.
Most 17,18 year olds are hot heated and retarted and will fight you over anything,im guessing he most of pissed the guy off and got scared and ran to mommy,but still she used deadly force and he was unarmed,hope shes goes to jail and loses her ccw.

My wife bought one of these... It seems like crap compared to my lcp... Recoil is way harsher...

Attached: 1524108854567625669468.jpg (1920x1920, 950K)

I highly disagree. My gf handled the bers way better

Oh she likes it more than any gun I have... I just think the recoil impulse is way more sharp than anything but my 40 S&W shield...

It's not that they can't carry larger pistols. In fact a larger handgun would be better for them in some ways, to help manage the recoil (although a heavier gun also takes more strength to point as quickly, so light guns are good for them that way). But women generally don't want to carry a big pistol. They've got less space on their body to conceal a weapon and tend to wear tighter clothes. Weapons designed with women in mind, with easy-to-pull slides and things like that, tend to be very small and concealable, or they don't sell. They do often need the slide to be easy to pull, because women typically have half or less of men's upper body strength. Small, weak hands and arms, soft skin.

What's with all the women haters on Jow Forums? Is Jow Forums leaking again?

>le dumb frogposters form pol amirite guys?

The recoil off the Thunder 380 is like 22lr, my 65 year old mom doesn't even notice it on hers.

that war is lost, they have a leper colony here now

>blowback
LCP(2) is a lelkek P3AT knockoff, and has the same tilting-barrel, cam-slot, ejection-port lockup action. Where did you get the idea it's blowback?