PS90

Ok Jow Forums, am I a fucking idiot for wanting to spend $1.4k on a PS90?
These things seem to be pure unobtainium right now and my local shop actually has one in stock.
Worst case scenario is I could always resell it later at a premium with all this AWB talk going on.

Attached: image.jpg (1800x750, 91K)

Bampin

Attached: image.jpg (768x1040, 79K)

I doubt you'll sell it at a premium, since PS90s aren't what people usually panic buy. Which is a good thing, meaning that you can occasionally find them used for cheap. Keep looking. I paid 800 bucks for mine just two months ago. Only one mag though and no box or docs.

Attached: 20180220_183633.jpg (2209x1243, 421K)

FN 5.7 is doomed, .22 TCM is the future.

1.4 is too much for one if you ask me. I paid 1200 for a used one with a strikefire II, three mags, the soft case, and a couple boxes of ammo. That's a hard deal to find though.

Anyway yeah get one they're rad as hell.

After some brief research, even used people seem to be selling them for around $1.2-1.5k, is there any actual estimate to the rifles value?
>$800 used
What the hell was wrong with it or was it a lucky deal? Nobody seems to be selling them even close to that low.

There's a difference between selling and trying to sell.

I saw the thumbnail for your pic and thought the magazines were a large dildo at first. I spend too much time here.

>Ok Jow Forums, am I a fucking idiot for wanting to spend $1.4k on a glorified .22MAG that won't ever kill anything
yes

...you weren't wrong, though

>glorified .22Mag
Sure it's not a "make OP's gaping anus" size holes in shit, but saying it's just glorified .22Mag is like saying 9x18 is just glorified .380ACP.
>not gonna kill anything
Well who said every gun I buy needs to taste blood. By implying they should you are as bad as the kikey liberals who always scream how they just couldn't trust themselves with a gun.

They are fun to shoot but not $1.4k fun. Why so high? Thought they were more like ~$1k ??

Someone didn't do their homework

do it

Attached: 1523346946203.jpg (542x805, 336K)

do it

Attached: 1523147659852.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

do it op

Attached: 1523139642785.jpg (800x445, 59K)

Way overpriced.
These things should be 400 max street price.

It’s just blow back
Mostly polymer
Little third market support
And expensive ammo

>glorified .22mag
It's actually a ballistic twin to .22 hornet, from the same barrel length. It gets a bum rap because of FiveSeven's shot barrel.
>won't ever kill anything
I'm not OP, but .22 hornet is very well suited to killing woodchucks, feral cats, and what not. If I had a PS90, you can bet I'd kill things what need killing with it.

*short barrel

there was a time when they were cheaper I guess, but now it's more luck. I've been pretty lucky with my gun purchases. The issue with that particular one is that they (the store I bought from) didn't know that the optic added a bit of value to the gun. They also had an issue where no one in the area buys anything 5.7, so their last used ps90 also sold for something around 900-1000. It also originally didn't have a mag, but they eventually ordered one, but didn't change the price.

Now, if you really want one a bit cheaper, I'd look at getting a part time, seasonal, or temp job at a gun store that sells FN, and then order through their industry discount program. They are currently out of stock though, but it usually is 1100ish if in stock.

I love mine, and I paid 2k for mine due to living in California.

Attached: IMAG0012-01.jpg (4000x1564, 1.47M)

I paid $850 for mine brand new in box, my LGS wanted $1200 plus background check fee. Gunbroker sometimes is alright. Mind you I bought mine almost 3 yrs ago when nobody seemed to be interested in them. I’d advise OP to check GB and armslist for deals.

>but saying it's just glorified .22Mag is like saying 9x18 is just glorified .380ACP
9x18 IS just glorified .380ACP

I'm currently tempted in getting this or a Vector.

What does this even mean you dumb faggot?

Do it for the metpo and the anime

Forgot pic

Attached: D6A70EA2-EC86-4DD0-B3B1-01EA03A64F16.jpg (604x228, 29K)

Get the Vector.

i never noticed the suppressor

>suppressor
>after a muzzle break

Unless you're going to SBR it, it's dumb as fuck.

How cheap can they get? I got myself an AR-15 brand new, never fired for $350 before that emo went in a killing spree in Florida but my budget might not be rising soon so I'm keeping it at max of $800.

To be fair, the rifle would never actually work so...

Long barrel p90 is best p90. Metro says so

Probably outside your budget then. I think new they retail for $1400 and I haven't seen a used one. Dat fuddy five tho.

Fuck, shotgun or pistol it is then.

I'll look for both eventually but I want the .45 acp.

I was talking to some friends who run an lgs and they were speculating that the new Ruger pcc would eventually be offered in different calibers since the take-down system theoretically makes rechambering a piece of cake. Unless you're dead set on the space gun aesthetics, I wait for one of those. I'm hoping they come out with a 10mm version.

That I wouldn't mind. I enjoy the kick of guns thanks to my friend who popped my gun cherry with a 82A1, downside is he was a cunt and didn't teach me to wear ear protection and now I'm deaf from my left.

You implied 5.7 x 28 is glorified 22 mag when 5.7 is a far stronger round. Was that hard?

>You
not even the same dude senpai

Never wanted one, but I agree that 1.4 is too high. If you're in a state that allows private transfer, then I'd look for a state-wide trading website. 5.7 cal guns seem to frequent those places (probably because people impulse buy/lose interest).

I'm a poorfag who saves forever to get good guns. Honestly the PS90 is so sex to me and I've shot them a few times and loved them. I've always loved FN designs and the FS2000 was my dream gun until it became unobtanium. I thought about getting a PS90 instead, but I'm in the market for a good general purpose primary and after much deliberation the PS90 just wouldn't cut it.

Ammo is twice as expensive as any 5.56 or 7.62x39 off the shelf and you trade ballistic performance and range for capacity. Proper armor piercing 5.7x28 is extremely hard to find if not impossible to get into civilian hands. Ultimately it would just be an expensive range toy that wouldn't really help you much for a practical application or SHTF, so keep that in mind if you're anything like me and have a purpose for it potentially outside of the range.

That said, it's a great plinker so if you have 1.4K to blow + more for optic, SBR, etc. go for it. Just be prepared that it will be a huge money sink, probably more so than any of the other common bullpups on the market.

Attached: 528.jpg (1128x1504, 277K)

I got one for $1k. A guy wanted to buy my trigger pack for some reason for $600 plus a replacement trigger pack for some reason.

poor AND stupid. A lethal combination.

>Ammo is twice as expensive as any 5.56 or 7.62x39 off the shelf
don't buy off the shelf. Buy in bulk. I average 40-42cpr for 5.7, and 52cpr for the LE only stuff.
you drastically overestimate 5.7's ammo price while underestimating it's capabilities. 5.7 is a very capable round.

But SAO is shit, or is the new one any good?

It's still about twice as much as 5.56 even in bulk, as I already factored into consideration.

5.7 is a capable round, but it does not have the range that an intermediate caliber has, which is a big factor to consider outside of plinking or home defense. Without AP ammunition and select fire capability, the gun is severely limited from what would otherwise make it such a distinguished weapon, leaving it to compete with cheaper 9mm sub guns, AUGs and short barreled ARs. Unfortunately there's very little practical purpose for a PS90 when you have so many other options available. A PS90 is for the audience that specifically wants it, but not one that needs it.

>I could always resell it later at a premium
>lol i think prices only go in one direction
you need to be at least 18 years old to use Jow Forums

Are you only shooting steal case 5.56 or something? Any comparable 5.56/.223 ammo in terms of production to 5.7 not going to be cheaper than .30 cpr. Like the other guy said, you are over stating the ammo cost. 5.7 is no more expensive than 30 carbine at around 50 cpr. Hell, even brass 7.62x39 is more expensive than 5.7. This ain't like 50 bmg or 338 in which they are dollars a round.

If you're going to chose against it based on practicality, then will there actually be any situations where you think you'd have to fire at something more than 200 yards or at IIIA armor?

If you want the gun for sex, then save up and buy it. If you really think about it, the PS90 is cheaper than more entry level boutique ARs even. I'm sure everyone here has a gun that serves no practical purpose for them self. Shit, out of the guns I own, the only one with a real purpose is my carry gun. Everything else is just because I like them, that's justification enough. Even if I can't shoot them because ammo isn't made anymore, I still enjoy them.

They're a novelty gun, and the meme of 5.7 has come and gone. The days of EliteAmmunition boutique bullshit are over. Its unlikely that the gun is going to regain the fame it had some years ago.
If you want to drop $1,400 on a range toy that you probably won't ever shoot more than a couple times thats on you.

>the future is a cartridge with the worst bullet selection ever
Shut up, kid.

Do it so you can LARP as best snake.

Attached: bestsnek.jpg (500x281, 32K)

>the PS90 is cheaper than more entry level boutique ARs even.
Yeah and only fucking idiots buy them

>Ok Jow Forums, am I a fucking idiot for wanting a PS90?
No
>Ok Jow Forums, am I a fucking idiot for wanting to spend $1.4k on a PS90?
Colossal fucking idiot

>Comparing expensive brass 5.56 + 7.62 to the cheapest bulk 5.7

>PS90 cheaper than entry level boutique ARs
>Entry level

The mental gymnastics you faggots do to try and justify your careless financial decisions amazes me. Who the fuck even shoots brass out of their AK?

Attached: 1522982807666.jpg (586x577, 184K)