Revolver General

Because /HG/ is too general.

Cont. from

Attached: OMGBecky.jpg (3648x2736, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/
mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Auto-Revolver-mod-6Unica-cal-357-Mag-/
hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/71
hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/37
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for S&W Model 29 6.5-inch barrel best revolver

Ruger security 6

Want a gp100 7 shot or Taurus 7 shot. Taurus is affordable but idk how much I trust them anymore.

Attached: IMG_1117.jpg (3024x3024, 1.19M)

Yeah I'm the guy that said they might blow up. But to be fair, as the other guy showed, it can happen with any brand. My father has owned a few different Taurus revolvers and never had an issue, but I would say it depends entirely on the material the frame and cylinder are made of, and the working pressure of what you wanna shoot out of it.

Hey guys can I be in this thread?

I never see the security six posted, and here there are two of us in this thread.

Attached: P1010492 copy.jpg (1200x1601, 201K)

Why are Manurhin MR73s so difficult to find, they'd be the perfect synthesis of my handgun collection.

Attached: IMG_20180327_1345473 (1).jpg (4618x3464, 896K)

Taurus is fine but like any revolver you should check it out thoroughly before purchase.

thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

or rather, mine's the service six

Real calibers start with a 4, wimp

There's got to be some reason why no one is importing them but I don't know what that reason is. I'd like to have one but even beat to shit examples are too much to pay for what they are.

I want a .44 mag and an older lever action to pair with it.

My wife use to have a snub 44 Taurus. Never had any issue with it but we only shot it 100 times before it was stolen

How'd you let it get stolen?

My collection is severely lacking in revolvers. I've been thinking of buying my first soon, and it will most likely be a new GP100. Only thing is, should I go with stainless or blued? 4in or 6in? Blued seems to generally be $75-$100 cheaper than stainless, which is no small amount. Is there any particular reason for that?

Allan's Armory imports them in batches. They're awesome but I can't justify $1600 for the 3in "service" MR88 or $3200 for the MR73. That's Korth prices.

Beat to shit examples go for what pristine Model 27-2's go for, insanity.

Was taken during a massive house move. Movers stole it. She didn't keep it with my guns in the safe.

Attached: IMG_1776.gif (250x250, 1.16M)

Both of my revolvers () are 4 inch, it seems to me to have the best handling. But neither are the wrong choice, can you rent and or handle them first. Usually stainless is cheaper than blued, I have no idea sorry man. Ruger's bluing will not be as nice as Smith's is the other thing. That said GP100s are an excellent choice and you'll be well served.

I have a 4"10-8 bull barrel and a 6" 28-2.

What do you guys think I should go for next to round out my collection a little more?
>Model 36
>Detective Special
>GP100
>blow money on a meatball
>blow more money on a MR73

Thanks. Renting a 4 and 6 incher side by side seems like the best thing I can do.

It's curious that your Security Six has those ridges on the barrel face. Mine is smooth, although mine is also from the very first year of production and I know it has some differences from later examples.

Attached: Sec6a.jpg (4608x3456, 2.3M)

Definitely a Model 36. It helps that you can get a really nice Model 36 for the same price as a shooter-grade Detective Special.

huh, so that fits.

Attached: S&K mod 65.jpg (1729x843, 379K)

When I can find a clear and easy route to a mateba, that's what I'm doing. Why no Korth on the list, if you're ok with pants shittingly expensive?

Blued finish is a finish that is applied to steel. Without the finish, the steel would rust quickly. The bluing will eventually wear off and the steel is then susceptible to rusting.

Stainless steel is itself rust-resistant (not impervious), and does not require an additional finish, and is more expensive because the steel is more complicated, and generally more desirable.

I, being not a faggot, prefer blued finish. Why?
>dark and not shiny, shiny is for niggers
>classic, timeless, unlike new shiny things
>shiny gives away your position
>holster wear etc is part of a gun's charm, like the worn edges of a favorite book
>proper maintenance, cleaning, rust prevention is part of the joy of firearms

So there ya go, get some charm, save some money and buy blued faggot.

Depends what you want to do with them.

I had a similar dilemma and ended up going with 4" stainless on a S&W 686, and have liked it a lot.

Stainless steel is harder to work with than carbon steel, so there's a premium price associated with the improved corrosion resistance.

I went stainless because I worry about rust a lot, and I think it looks nicer.

6" has a lot of advantages in terms of recoil, accuracy, and power, though I like the balance of a 4" better.

While you do get an advantage in power with those extra 2 inches, 6" for a .357 has always felt a bit excessive to me, like it should be reserved for real hand cannon calibers.

Just a matter of taste, though.

> legal carry in california.

Attached: 37486f39884f330ae75d97d2bdaf3d44.jpg (736x552, 35K)

Fuckers. Did you report it to the moving company? I would flip my shit. File a police report too and give police the serial.

Yeah I did correct myself and say it's a service six. Not sure if that's why. Also it's stainless, obviously.

nevar forget

Attached: rhino'd.jpg (1255x952, 494K)

What does Jow Forumsevolvers thing of the EAA Windicator ?

I picked up a used one for $125 from a buddy. havent had a problem yet, but ive read some mixed stuff online

The only Korth I was really interested in was the Combat, which both looks to be discontinued, and is definitely out of my price range. Not that I wouldn't get one if I felt like blowing 5k on a revolver.

pic

Attached: o.jpg (1000x562, 59K)

I have a wheelie thingie

Attached: IMAG0010_1.jpg (1024x579, 298K)

Ever since I bought this thing and seen other revolvers with swing out cylinders I'm confused because they swing out to the left.
Then I remember that it's normal and this revolver is the abnormality.

Attached: IMG_0897.jpg (2714x1535, 818K)

I meant I didn't understand why Manhurin isn't importing as a regular brand to the US instead of the current dribble. You'd think any arms company that could tap the US market would jump at the chance. There has to be a reason since they probably don't hate money.

Smith's bluing is shit these days. Somebody post that pic of the bluing taken off a cylinder by hoppe's no.9.

Don’t currently own any, but I’ll be picking up a Rhino in .357 soon. What does Jow Forums think of them?

See

We need a sticky for Rhinofags.

1) it looks different
2) it's not as good of a revolver as more conventional designs

If you want #1 and don't care about #2 then go for it.

Attached: justkillmenow.jpg (648x435, 115K)

Everyone I know who has one likes them a lot. Ignore shitposters and buy one if you want it.

Duly noted. I originally wanted a Unica 6 anyway.

javascript:quote('37626324')

Wanted the Unica 6. Guess I’ll just wait for one to go up for sale.

mystery reloads?

I wouldn't mind having a rhino just to shoot 38 out of for plinking

This.
Those are also dumb, but more expensive.
Matebas and Rhinos come up in every revolver thread. They are more complicated, more delicate, and therefor less reliable than conventional revolver designs. There is no practical reason to buy one.

>but muh bore axis
No. It's a novelty to make it look different. Just admit you want to buy it because it looks cool. And if that's what's important to you then buy it and shut up, but stop asking if it's good and stop pretending you have other reasons for buying it.

I also like it being single action every time without having to manually cock it.
But yeah, it is mostly about looks and I’ve never claimed otherwise.

>6+1

>They are more complicated
By one part, if you're talking about the trigger assembly.

I really don't get this meme that they're basically G11's in handgun form.

If you want a Unica 6 or 2006M just for its own sake, just wait for Mateba to start shipping them out again.
Last I saw they were starting production and importing to America.

I hadn’t heard about them shipping again, but I also want it for a range gun. That’s the only reason I ask about how well they function.

Obviously it’s no carry gun, who carries a full size revolver? I’d never use 44 mag for home defense. I use a model 700 for hunting and I have a C39 for my shtf gun.

has wheelie will travel

Attached: IMG_9942.jpg (3024x4032, 2.37M)

Anyone had experience with the new 7-shot GP100s? I heard some stuff about ammo compatibility issues, but I don't know how much of that is fuddlore.

From what I’ve heard it’s entirely fuddlore

Original post said first time out with factory ammo. 6 o'clock barrel with aluminum frame....not even once. I needs my trigger finger. I NEEDS IT.

It's just shitty bro. Look at that fucking lame ass mainspring compared to uber coil springs used in better guns. Plus I just don't think aluminm frame is a good idea for anything but a small frame CCW that's meant to be carried a lot and shot a little. Even with the short bbl the Rhino is a waist gun so why not get something more durable? It's a funky design meant to catch eyes. It does that well. It's not the best gun for a true pistolero imo.

>6 o'clock barrel with aluminum frame....not even once.

How do people get so freaked out about this, but have no problem shooting a semi-auto pistol with aluminum or even plastic frames?

Sweet, looks like the 4" stainless is my next gun then. I loved my friend's six shot GP100 a couple of years ago.

I just don't like the idea of an explosion being .5" of aluminum away from my trigger finger when a hot .357 is going off. When I shoot my Glock brand grenade at least it's just lol9mm.

>How do people get so freaked out about this

got a source? I would love a 2006M or MTR-8.

Does /rg/ into black powder?

Attached: IMG_20180410_181531.jpg (1600x1200, 379K)

>he doesn't even middle finger to fire revolvers

Attached: stance.jpg (1340x1600, 315K)

mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Auto-Revolver-mod-6Unica-cal-357-Mag-/

or buy brushed stainless steel and worry less about finish damage and rust than a blued gun

Every time I think about it it ends up just being tedious loading and heavy cleaning in my mind. I do like the aesthetics though.

Wouldn't that mean I lose two fingers when it kabooms?

awesome

please accept this pic of russian matebae in thanks

Attached: matebaski, comrade.jpg (705x795, 158K)

There's no way to beat the worn look of a firearm that's been duly used for years.

Your opinion is not incorrect. Mine is just better.

Attached: 9149651.jpg (1980x1320, 1.44M)

It's still inside of a chamber, just like if you were using any semi-auto.

So you never use any polymer guns, right? Pic related. One picture of an exploded gun with no explanation does prove they're garbage after-all.

It is. It's great fun though. Really makes you appreciate metallic cartridges and smokeless powder.

How durable is a classic Smith N-frame when it comes to firing hot loads? I'm not expecting it to be as bombproof as a Ruger, but how many full power magnums can I expect to fire out of it before issues start to arise?

Realistically, I'll probably stick to milder loads and only fire off the buffalo loads once in awhile for kicks. Just wanted to get an idea of its limits.

Attached: Talk-show-button-pop.gif (242x192, 1024K)

Probably, yes.
But if you start out with your trigger finger, and it kabooms, then you can still use your middle finger on the trigger and use your stump to stabilize the revolver, which will in fact give you a better shooting stance with revolvers (up until your second kaboom).

>forget pic

Attached: download.jpg (270x186, 8K)

New mfg is good to go. Early M29s had issues with service life that became apparent from PPC dudes getting up in round counts. Watch the rapid DA fire in .357 N frames though. there's more mass in the cylinder due to smaller chambers so you can peen the bolt stops with a lot of DA rapid fire.

Or just buy a Ruger. :)

Cleaning isn't as bad as you think, especially if you get something like a stainless 1858. Can basically just rinse it, dry it off and put some oil on it.

Loading is slow, but I kinda like taking it easy for a while on the range.

80's vintage Dan Wesson .357 4" stainless.
Nice piece, loud as fuck.
>What I really want is a Dan Wesson .357 with the interchangable barrel system.
That's some seriously cool shit.

I never said it was garbage. You said you don't understand how people get spooped. I referred you to a picture of someone's finger tip blown off. Explanation: people want to keep their fingertips, and pictures of blown off fingertips unsettles them.

I have no idea man, France is desperate for exports. No reason they couldn't clear $15M+ in sales between the revolvers and their high-end shotguns.

Has there literally ever been another rhino KB? Shit happens once and you never hear the end of it.

People recommend not getting a Taurus because of their bad quality control and therefore high chance of getting a defective product. These people don't seem to realize that Ruger currently also has horrid to non-existent quality control as well.

The advantage of a Ruger over a Taurus is 1: their customer service is better so in the very possible event that you need to use it you'd have it back faster and 2: the gp100 is probably going to be more durable and longer lasting than a Taurus.

Between those two options, you should get an old S&W. That is the only correct option when it comes to revolvers.

I don't care how many times it KB'd. It's a shit design for memelords and newbs who don't know what they don't know when it comes to wheelgats.

I've heard those can be had at pretty affordable prices. How much would you say is the average price for a speed/security/sevice six?

>Between those two options, you should get an old S&W. That is the only correct option when it comes to revolvers.

That's becoming more of a meme as he years go by. As prices and round counts rise they make less sense for anyone other than a collector. Also the QC meme is a failure to properly inspect ANY wheel gun at time of purchase. Any failure than one of metallurgy is the fault of the consumer for not checking their shit before purchase. It's just the workd we live in now. The glory days of Revolver wuality are gone.

But you can search [literally any gun model] kaboom and see grisly images, whether or not said kabooms were actually a fault in the gum.

What I don't get is why people are afraid of only having a chamber and some aluminum between them and a round going off, but feel perfectly safe with only the chamber and some plastic between them and a round going off.

It's actually about on par with used GP100s these days. Unless you find a deal or just want one for "reasons" there's not a lot of reason to get one over a used GP100.

You're a real faggot you know that. The kind of shitlord who wouldn't touch a 70 series 1911 because he thinks it'll go off on it's own or use a glock because it "has unsupported chambers" while claiming that an excellent trigger or high level of reliability combined with size/weight efficiency is just for "memelords" because he doesn't personally like it.

Fucking pleb.

Ruger generally has more refined products in terms of fit and finish, as well as trigger pull, regardless of failure/quality control rates.

This.

I think I paid about $300 used and that was... well shit, maybe 14 years ago... to be honest if I wanted a revolver in this class today I would buy a GP100.

He's not strictly talking about their kaboom propensity, he's describing their (inferior) design (which inexplicably appeals to fags who buy based off design and not function).

Attached: P1010485 copy.jpg (1200x1600, 189K)

LAWLS

>t. CCW AIWB G19 erryday

Rhino is a marketing gimmick to carve out a niche in a very mature marketplace. It's cool if you like yours but don't act like they reinvented the wheel(gat). All products standardize around the most efficient form as they mature. This happened for revolvers at the end of the 19th century. It's the same reason every makes a Glock now.

Stay mad faggot.

Attached: My argument train.jpg (994x1280, 338K)

The only part of the rhino design that's really inherently inferior is their mechanical complexity, which is a problem with just about any revolver on the market. While some early ones had issues(iirc) those were mostly QC related and i haven't seen good proof to show that the design is actually notably more failure prone in practice than other common revolvers.

Chiappas are also extremely size/weight efficient and their 6 o'clock bore positioning really does help with the snappiness of .357 out of a lighter firearm. If you think rhinos are "just" meme guns or have no pros when compared to other revolver designs then you're clearly being blinded by your brand favoritism.

> It's cool if you like yours but don't act like they reinvented the wheel(gat).
im not, nor am i even a huge fan of rhinos. I legitimately prefer more classic designs to it. That doesn't change the fact that the rhino offers tangible improvements in SOME areas over other revolvers. Calling it simply a marketing gimmick is retarded.

I'm going on a big trek through the mountains with my buddy, and I want to bring my 6 inch 686+, and I was wondering what y'all thought of chest rigs. I'd rather get a nicer leather one, but are they worth it? I have an open carry belt holster but I'm worried it'll get in the way.

Attached: IMG_20180405_184552124.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

>The only part of the rhino design that's really inherently inferior is their mechanical complexity, which is a problem with just about any revolver

>inherently inferior (((as compared to conventional revolvers, the only standard of comparison))) is their mechanical complexity.....which is a problem with just about any revolver (((which is gibberish and nonsense)))

Carry on the hip faggot.

I'm going to be hiking 12-15 miles a day, will it be a pain?

You think the positives outweigh the negatives. I don't. We all get opinions.

>Calling it simply a marketing gimmick is retarded.

If you were trying to launch a new revolver on the market what would you use to distinguish yourself and garner interest over more established brands? You're small so you can't compete on price unless you compromise quality. You could go low units but high end but the volume/margins would be pretty tight.

I'd go for a midrange quality/price offering with a unique aesthetic myself....just like Chiappa did.

Attached: 1516602228264.jpg (600x680, 86K)

Yeah hip is no go due to waistbelt on ur pack. I prefer kydex with nylon straps though. Less weight especially when wet.

Not really desu fampai lemme break it down for you
>inherently inferior (((as compared to conventional revolvers, the only standard of comparison))) is their mechanical complexity
Yes this is correct.
>which is a problem with just about any revolver (((which is gibberish and nonsense)))
Revolvers are inherently over complicated firearms, complaining that one variety is slightly more over complicated than the other is pretty silly unless you can show that this slight increase in complexity is the straw that breaks the camels back. So, are you simply unaware of basic logic, or that revolvers are mechanically complex firearms compared to many other designs?

>You think the positives outweigh the negatives
Never said that. Your posts are worded in a manner that clearly shows you think they have no positives. My only point is that Rhinos clearly do have some positives compared to other revolvers and trying to say otherwise is just silly brandism.

>As prices and round counts rise they make less sense for anyone other than a collector.

Most people don't shoot their guns all that often. It's still entirely possible to find an old S&W revolver that has barely been fired because Joe Plumber died and his ancient wife would rather have $200 than a classic firearm.

Also, depending on your area of course, you can pick up old S&W firearms for the same price as new if not lower. I picked up a lightly used 66-3 the other week for $600.

Also, you can't inspect a revolver before buying it if you do so online, and if you're not willing to buy it online then you have to pay an extra $150 to $200 and just hope that some gun shop gets one in stock.

It doesn't have any positives to me. I don't like lightweight in a full power magnum. I don't give a fuck about recoil in a .357 because I shoot much bigger guns on the regular. So it literally has nothing to offer me that some other more established design doesn't do better.

Check these out..I dunno if they will fit a 6" though...

hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/71

hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/37