Does it ever go away?

I’ve been out of the Army for coming on five years now. House, education, job. Doing good for myself and have lots of side interests. But this life just feels like extended vacation, like one day the phone’s just going to ring and my unit’s going to call me up to report back.

When I work out, in my head it’s because I’ve got to maintain my fighting condition. When I shoot, it’s to train and stay up to date. I’ve got personal kit to up standard just for the day that won’t come that I get called back.

Attached: B5B51629-8FD7-4CCD-9D15-5CC607C20411.jpg (1447x970, 149K)

You did your 4, and exceeded your 4 of IRR.

Let it go, and know that you’re truly free.

I had the same feeling when I left after 8. Once I saw the gate in my rear view, I knew at that exact moment that i was finally free.

Is it a bad thing? If you have negative emotions tied to it then maybe consider talking to someone. However there isn't anything wrong with that drive to better yourself because you have to stay in "fighting shape". You don't have to go back, but it's never not a good thing to be prepared for that shit. Just my 2 ¢

Attached: o12806.jpg (1600x1200, 682K)

No, its not negative emotions. It's... weird positive emotions? I know the cliche of the wounded veteran and all that shit who is scarred by war, but this is the opposite. Deployed days were the best days of my life. Nothing will ever be that intense again. Nobody shooting at me, me not shooting at anybody. No carrying a 100 lbs of gear up a mountainside to sit in the dark. It's gone.

Everything now as a whole feels hollow. I'm not depressed. I'm internally listless because I know nothing but war could make me feel the same.

Attached: Woddy Harrelson with Glock 18.jpg (640x280, 35K)

it will eventually pass

Attached: 1374124640408.jpg (607x513, 28K)

Gotta find some purpose, nigga. Some lofty goal towards which you can direct your energies and skills. Start a family, become a contractor, open a business related to what you did and what you know, etc. You gotta focus that shit, bruff

wtf, I love being waterboarded now

Also, i love that filename

I think that is a pretty common feeling desu user. I wouldn't dwell on it too much, if the desire is still there you can always go back or do some type of para work if you really want to get in the shit. It most likely will pass within a few years after the memories start to fade, but I unless there is a super strong "I NEED THIS" urge to go back I would just keep using it as a motivator to drive your daily life.

I agree with on this, if you really want to make the conscious effort to transition back to civie life you gotta focus that energy into something creative/productive that uses those same parts of the brain. There is a deep connection between the tactical visceral nature of war and creation, and shaping your universe.

Go out there and do it user!

Attached: it_ain't_me.gif (480x336, 1.47M)

I've got the things. Went whole hog into a new career which has been more successful than I'd ever thought. Have excellent wife. Great brofriends. I'm happy, but maybe it's not happy I'm looking back at.

Deep down I just want some Red Dawn shit so I can pop some heads.

Attached: barry.jpg (480x360, 27K)

My brother says the same, he got out for his wife, by the time he tried go back they didn't want him anymore.

Attached: Macarthur -old-soldiers-never-die-they-just-fade-away-douglas-macarthur-18-20-38.jpg (850x400, 50K)

Go take a shed load of MDNA. Worked for me and I had a pals head taken off in front of me while I was handing him a smoke.

>LOL JUST DO DRUGS BRO THIS IS TOTALLY A COPING MECHANISM

Fucking neck yourself

Attached: you.jpg (349x642, 26K)

He's not suggesting drugs, he's suggesting gene therapy.

You don't understand basic biology do you user

Attached: Ohwow.jpg (562x437, 38K)

I just stick to drinking. I've had a few experiences with US guys getting torn up in front of me, but I didn't know them in any kind of way and while the experience is crystal clear it doesn't PTSD me in that kind of way.

I think I might be an aberration though, as I've had three different people drunkenly lay out their demons to me about that kind of stuff, including a 1SG. I just compartmentalize it automatically.

Attached: me on the right.jpg (1024x739, 193K)

Just saying it worked. I don't even drink these days or do drugs. I do think taking mdna and doing out to clubs unwound my brain.

join a PMC

Teach me everything you know

You ever seen a man drink Baileys from a shoe?

But really, I'm on Jow Forums often. I post, though very little as my opinions get shouted down more and more by keyboard commandos with theoretical experience who think deep pockets for gear means they know anything.

Attached: fig 1.4 facepainting camo tutorial.jpg (900x900, 94K)

>caring about what Jow Forumsommandos say, think or do

Attached: 1519321177973.jpg (2848x2136, 679K)

If you're going to recommend drugs, at least recommend a drug that has been proven time and again to improve people's lives, their way of thinking, exhaust inset fear responses, and change neural pathways without negative side effects.

Namely, psilocybin. MDMA will just fuck up tour brain and make you hate yourself for a couple weeks.

Attached: 1311965483947.png (429x410, 11K)

Stfu pog piece of shit. You make me cringe

Nah, I've just found it wasted effort to post here much, so I don't. There is no reward to me. It also is very repetitive and limited; it's the same few arguments over and over. Boring.

Attached: Sergeant tinynose.jpg (640x360, 97K)

day of the rope is about to happen, we're in late stage capitalism, trump is probably going to instigate a coup by the end of the year (he most certainly wont allow it to come to another election)
...at least you're prepared to spring into action, it will most certainly be on american soil, thats what everything has been pointing to since syria failed

Attached: gun grabbing handrubbing behavior.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

You don't understand basic comedy do you user

fair

Attached: 1523842468150.jpg (334x480, 113K)

Join the FFL, or Azov battalion.

They had a casualty the other day.

Attached: Screenshot_20180421-190911.png (1440x2560, 1.44M)

You're kind of an idiot, ain'tchya?

Attached: 546984.jpg (480x315, 18K)

Not only are you fake conservative, Donald-worshiping anuses trying to ruin Jow Forums, but you have already ruined Jow Forums.

Attached: crow of judgement.jpg (225x225, 7K)

This is because you live in a feminized society run by Jews OP. It’s a common feeling among men who are lucky enough to have entered a field of labor where you can still be a man and then leave due to a number of circumstances.

These ever fewer outlets of masculinity are really just a distraction from what (((they))) have done to our once great civilization.

Different user, but what have you “conservatives” actually conserved?

Women now have the right to vote and ruin the country, nonwhites have access to whites forced by the state at gun point, faggot marriage is a thing, and we’re soon going to be losing our freedom of speech and right to own guns thanks to Jews, women, and non-whites.

You have “conserved” NOTHING.

Thanks for the talk bros. It helped. Sorry this site is politicized/infected with political troll retards. I'm out this thread.

Attached: on the spectrum.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

Who let you guys out of the play pen?

Become the Punisher. Gear up and go vigilante. Maybe you can stop all these domestic terrorists before they rack up a body count.

You're a fucking brainlet. Please consider suicide.

Attached: A blast.jpg (250x139, 6K)

They're actually doing studies on MDMA as a method of treating PTSD and it's very successful.

Ketamine, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT are all good choices too.

Attached: 1520638202769.jpg (185x182, 20K)

I have been out of the USMC for 23 years. I think about it all the time. Maybe it was the Boot Camp Brainwashing, but I have always kept up with Military events, and my man room looks like a Surplus Store. Military Haircut, Bearing, Fitness...

>Does it ever go away?
Nope.

>You ever seen a man drink Baileys from a shoe?
You ever seen native Alaskans lick malt liquor off the the floor?

Attached: 1494211270315.jpg (691x495, 44K)

wow, you are such an idiot.

If you wait for a few years then the inevitable racewar will start and you can kill some niggers.

I think it's the sense of belonging that you get, being part of something greater than yourself. Sometimes I wish I had signed up, I would have been in just after Iraq, so it would have been 4 years of shitty counter-insurgency, but it would be nice to be part of something more than my puny life all the same.

>When I work out, in my head it’s because I’ve got to maintain my fighting condition. When I shoot, it’s to train and stay up to date. I’ve got personal kit to up standard just for the day that won’t come that I get called back.

"Fighting condition" just means that you can carry 80lbs on your back and won't keel over from a heart attack after running for a mile. "Staying up to date" on your range time is just about staying in practice. Pretty much everything you've said does not benefit just those in the military. Staying fit, getting your in your range time, and making sure your equipment is still in check is helpful to the civilians, too.

>filename
Kek

Don't do azov. They're shitty unless you're a skinhead. In which case you'll fit right in. Just don't join that conflict, let 'em sort it out. At least in the ffl even though you'll get raped a bit you might get some African pussy, maaayyybe some French strange

Just live your life dude but stay fit and don't forget to brush up on your shooting, doesn't hurt to always be prepared. The way I see it, I'm living life at 90 or 80%, Ive accepted that my times is over for now but that if it ever comes to it, I'll be ready

Attached: alone.jpg (2048x1309, 321K)

Become a hotshot or smokejumper firefighter. Not the same as being in a warzone but it may help ease you back into normal slow life while you still get to do cool dangerous stuff. Alternatively, join an organization like NOAA or similar and try to get a job on a research ship. There's probably nothing that will match your deployed days, but since you got addicted to the rush, you should wean yourself off over the course of a few years.

PTSD is the knowledge that you will never be that awesome again.

There's not much you can do about it. Stay fit, keep shooting, get a gf, and try to find a job that challenges you. And enjoy the luxuries.

>When I work out, in my head it’s because I’ve got to maintain my fighting condition.
This is perfectly normal. You come from a western tradition that at one point in time valued the concept of the citizen-soldier. Meaning that a man is able to function in society as he needs to but still able to defend it. Sadly your feelings and actions and those of others are the last remnant of this idea left. Just keep it in perspective as you navigate the civilian world, many of those around you have not been exposed to what you have and will more than likely not understand it. Which is a travesty within itself.

Attached: 1520704024615.jpg (500x295, 52K)

Can you not just go reserves and volunteer for an active duty slot? Not sure how it works in Ameriville.

And what have “liberals” “liberated?”
They’re just terms, you humongous pseudointellectual retard

Attached: 76890AFD-29D0-4806-A4AD-0704EEB1555F.jpg (1000x563, 98K)

>you ever seen native Americans lick malt liquor off the floor?

You ever watch a bunch of savages give a weiner dog alcohol poisoning while playing strip pool?

Attached: 1507428945043.jpg (570x744, 193K)

I hear guys say that all they time, but it's never guys that tried to do anything remotely interesting after they got out so it's like the high school football star that "could have gone pro" and works at the mill.

Do contract work