Home defense shooting - Dad's Advice

My dad gave me some advice for if I was in a home defense shooting, and I want to say he's on the ball with it, but I just want to make sure it's not complete shit.

His advice:

>Guy breaks into house
>Call 911 if you can, tell them you have a gun and someone is breaking into your home
>Keep phone on you, dispatcher records everything that happens
>If they're not attacking you, give a verbal warning to give them a chance to get out
>If they don't get out or try to attack you, you have the right to shoot them
>When the police arrive, tell them "I warned them and I'd like to speak to a lawyer."

I feel like most to all of this is right, except for his last part. He did training with an ex-LAPD officer who said to either say that last part or just say, "I'd like to speak to a lawyer."

Is this the right thing to do? What's the proper way of going about these situations?

Attached: sam hyde.jpg (1060x1060, 179K)

Move to Texas and just shoot them if they break in. Even if they are fleeing but you belive they are going to commit other crimes.

Yeah talk to a lawyer first. The cops should understand that in 2018, it's CYA time and it's not crazy to get counsel before going on the record with a cop.

>I feel like most to all of this is right, except for his last part.
The last part is the most important and most correct part. You go running your mouth while you likely go into shock and you just might really fuck yourself. Once you've shot the guy, the police basically can't do anything to help you. Talking to them does no good. They can however fuck you.

Can only shoot a fleeing burglar if it's dark

-Texan

Don't call 911 till after sunset
Duhh

> three S's

But really dontvsay anything other than lawyer and get a good one not a TV lawyer that operates on pleas. If you have to go broke doing it then so be it. Sell the house drain the kids college funds everything this is your life were talking about here after all. Just because you think it was a good shoot doesn't mean shit. All it takes is a lib prosecuter or even just a little pressure from the public for you to get charges. Just loom at zimzamflimflam

Just shoot them you idiot, your dad sounds like a huge fag

your dad's retarded and overcomplicating things
>nigger breaks in crash boom bang
>shoot nigger
>call 911, explain nigger broke in and you shot him
>get off scott free because it's America and you don't get arrested for defending your home like you do in the UK

>can shoot a fleeing felon whenever the fuck I'm in the mood.
-michigainian

DO NOT UNDER ANY CURCUMSPICE SAY YOU SHOT HIM

This paints you into a very sticky corner

>this is america
>i thought this was america!

you people are only capable of those two sentences

No it doesnt. Who else shot him? Your falcon? Don't be an idiot.
Important thing is to realize you are in shock and shouldn't be saying anything.

>Britannia sails under American protection in Russia's tub
>sails to close to the rubber duck
>putin is pissed
>pulls the drainplug
>britania is sad
>America laffs
>Canada commits suicide in embaressment

>broadcasting you have a gun, losing element of surprise
>wanting the dispatcher to record your war cries and mag dumping
No thanks

>who shot him?
That's for the investigators to figure out. Any lawyer will tell you this. Its not your job to help them figure out you killed a man. You don't get to decide whether it was justified or not.

Youre actually retarded and know nothing about how the law works

>"WANNA FUCK!?!?"

What part is he wrong about?

Seems alright to me, although I'm Australian. Having said that, the people here who have gotten off from having shot someone in self-defence are the ones who called the police first.

But I wouldn't say anything to the police without a lawyer present in that situation, regardless of jurisdiction. The criminal is dead, so the only person who could be prosecuted in that scenario is you.

Rolling for this.

>I shot him
>you don't go to prison for defending your home hole n america

No matter what you will be arrested

You can't make a self defense claim if you refuse to admit that you shot him. If you don't stipulate you shot him you lose your self defense claim and you go to jail when it's easily proven that you shot him.

They wouldn't ever find the body

Attached: 1493640130774.jpg (600x760, 59K)

>I will leave you a mystery to solve! Btw, come packing, because I won't tell you if the gunman is loose or was just defending his home from an invader!
Nah, fuck off, retard. If you live in a non-cucked country, shooting someone in self defense is not a compromised position.

A "claim" is only nessissary or any good in front of a judge user. Anything with a a badge is not your friend in any capacity not even Sgt. Sniffers the K9

Tell that to the men and women rotting away in prisons with life sentances across your precious uncucked country user

>not even Sgt. Sniffers the K9
I learnt that the hard way one time, while tripping on acid.

>"Ooh pat the doggo" I thought.
>"RUFF RUFF RUFF SNARL SNARL RUFF" he said.

So I turned 360° and floated away.

If you don't talk to the cops obviously you're going to end up before a judge, or at least arrested and charged. If all they find is you and a dead body and you don't give them any further information about what happened obviously they're going to arrest you. Then you can try to have your attorney negotiate with the DA and convince them to drop the case but at that point they've already started building the case against you and they generally don't give a shit about when a defense attorney insists their client is innocent, because guess what, every defense attorney always insists their client is innocent. And if you do go to trial you're going to admit you shot him as part of your self-defense claim anyway, so you gain nothing from initially refusing to say so. On the other hand your silence and refusal to speak to the police can absolutely be used against you when the prosecutor is building a case before the jury. It makes much more sense to do the bare minimum necessary to appear cooperative by explaining the fundamental facts of what happened which will be part of your self-defense claim anyway if you need to use it.

>leave phone on
Absofuckinglutely not. If I am going to shoot someone in my home and get away with it. I am damn fucking well going to say a catch phrase. It's already been done but I feel I had let a once in a lifetime opportunity slip away if I did not get the drop on them and say.

>Let's not turn this rape into a murder

Attached: 1509171658174.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>"I want to talk to my lawyer"
>but I don't have a lawyer
Wat do?

Shut the fuck up until you can call a lawyer.

Call NRA and tell them you need legal.

A public defender will be appointed the case. Dont use him. Get a good lawyer.

How? It's not exactly like I can yelp it from the back of a squad car. Do you guys just pick one randomly from a phonebook or something?

ANY lawyer is better then none. They will get them and keep you from saying anything retarded until you are released. Then you can go shopping. Seriously do not even give a simple run down of what happened. The moment the police arrive you say "I wish to speak to my lawyer" and your dick holster never opens again until a jew is in the room.

tbqh this senpai. The jewier the name the better.

This is why I still come to Jow Forums. For the important life advice my father never gave me. I'll be sure to find the most jewish lawyer I can afford if god forbid, the unthinkable happens.

J. Goldbergnosenstien, esq. would be what I would look for

OP here, dad’s advice is solid except for the last part then? Because in his words he just said, “It’s your call how you do it, just don’t dig yourself into a hole.”

Murica is the most retarded place. You get in prison when you shoot at the trespassers? Hahahaha you guys are beyond cucked. Thank god im not a fatty american

The last part is still true. Unless you're both a legal professional and a cold-blooded psychopath, the chance of you saying something stupid that harms yourself is just too big.
"I'm out of my depth here, I need my lawyer" is exactly the right thing to think and say. You can claim self defense before he arrives and the dispatch will have the tapes backing you up, but don't talk yourself into a corner.

Don't give them a chance to get out, command them to get on the floor so that they can be arrested.

Hahaha what a cuckhold

Show me in the law where it says that

can we go deeper down the kosher hole?