QTDDTOT

ITT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

What would you guys pay for a carbine Mosin in current year?

Attached: izhevsk-m44-2.png (580x581, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2013/tables/table_35_leos_fk_with_firearms_type_of_firearm_and_size_of_ammunition_2004-2013.xls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it bad etiquette to mag dump in an indoor range?

Sub 400 ameribucks yes

Only if its not a battle rifle
Nobody wants to hear you mag dump you silly

Which kind? I'd give my left nut for one of the US made ones in the 1910s, but most others I wouldn't pay more than $250.

Most common mistakes when I'm shooting rifles are high left, and low right. How do I fix? Everything on google brings up info related to pistol shooting.

Anything wrong with just looping sling through front sight like pic related?

Attached: IMG_2411.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

Picked up this Lee Enfield at a gun show yesterday. It seems perfect except for the stock is slightly "loose". You can twist it very slightly, maybe just a millimeter if that. I'm afraid it'll snap and break if I take it shooting like this. Anything I can do about it?

Attached: 20180422_154835_50.jpg (2365x1330, 2.11M)

doubt it, those things are durable

Is .22 magnum hollow point viable for self defense?

Pop the butt off and tighten the stock screw.

You CAN kill with .22, the question is is it the best, which it probably isn't.
ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2013/tables/table_35_leos_fk_with_firearms_type_of_firearm_and_size_of_ammunition_2004-2013.xls

what kind of night vision optic uses an infrared light?

I got a good deal on a used infrared flash light from a local so I was looking for an optic to pair it with. don't really know anything about NV other than some kinds of them use infrared lights

yes, but not reliably. some thick clothing would be enough to make it not lethal

I've got a 1946 Izzy M44 in good shape, a 1940 Izzy 91/30 SA marked in poor to fair condition, 340rds of Czech light ball, and various bits and pieces (oiler, cartridge pouch, clips, etc.). I haven't shot them since Obama's first term.

Should I sell them and buy another AK? If so what's a good price for the package?

Viable? Potentially. It has the power to penetrate to vital organs.

Advisable? Not really, when 9mm is a substantial improvement with way more options, better reliability, and not much of a price increase.

350 for a M44
300 for a T53
400 for a M38
400 for a 91/59
700 for a 91/38
3500 for a 1907

You can, if placement is right, we use fiocci fmj through the brain at the slaughterhouse, horniday crit defence is enough for pigs but now cows

Chinese t53- 250 max
Russian m44- 350 max
Hungarian/Romanian m44- 400+
Polish m44- 450 up to 600
Eastern European, especially Polish produced m44 carbines command a premium. The Polish ones are by far the best examples of Mosin Nagant rifles I've handled, the action is exceptionally smooth and the finish is polished and much better than Russian examples.

A Mosin bayonet works great as a screw driver for that job. The screw is way the hell up there.

Is there any reason a regular Mosin magazine wouldn't work in an M39? A buddy is looking to buy one that has it missing. I know the Finns changed them a bit, but I'm not sure how.

I got a dsa voyager FAL with a non-bipod cut barrel because im a poorfag. Is there a bipod i can use with it?

Do not do this without first removing the forearm; the squared-off end of the buttstock bolt fits into a recess in the forearm and can split the rear of the forearm when turned with the forearm still mounted to the action.

But also agree it is not best.

Melting your sling

I molested a 1907 last year
was bretty gool

Jesus, are Romanian M44s really worth that much? I just bought one in fair condition off Armslist for $275

Picked up a couple of the $30 "USGI" CMI mags from Fulton, but they both feel really grainy compared to my SA mags. Pushing down the front of the follower causes it to stick, too.
Do these things just need some (dry) lube or are they garbage?

Attached: M1420rdMagCommercial.1.png (454x508, 104K)

I passed on one for 800 about 3 years ago because I didn't know much about them. Did some digging, realized my horrendous mistake, and went looking for it the next day, but it had already sold.

I also passed up on a Cossack St. Petersburg carbine last year for 4500.

im so sorry bro

magnum is only effectively stronger out of firearms with longer barrels. That PMR-30 is an expensive 22lr.

Source?

I bought a 1944 Russian m44 in perfect condition for $65 back in the good old days *sobs*

holy fuck, glad you told me that before i tried anything and fucked up the stock. i'll look up how to remove the whole thing, thanks guys

I paid that for my Polish m44 three years ago, but that's the maximum I've seen a Romanian one sell for.
It was in fantastic shape, although on the same table there was a Polish one in almost factory-new condition for 800 bucks. I'm talking not a scratch of wear on it at all.

I’m looking to get a pair of US Army jungle boots, since I live in Alabama and I’m sure they’d be great for the humid-as-fuck conditions about to hit us in the summer. Would they still be wearable in Alabama winter or would they be too cold?

Attached: 80A1848B-9A98-4BB9-A1B1-CF201BF96272.jpg (395x379, 23K)

Looking for a good side mount/detatchable rail for my AK. Anybody have one they like?

look up videos of .22 magnum on balistics gel, shitty wound channels for self-defense

New question, how much would you guys pay for a No. 4 Mk 1

Attached: banner-main-pic-940x198.jpg (940x198, 65K)

For Alabama winter you'll be fine. I used my jungle boots in the 2014 MD blizzard we had (because I had nothing else thicker at the time), double-winter socked and they worked fine.

I payed $200 for my No. 4 Mk 1/2 a few weeks ago.

Kind of a beater though.

nothing, not into milsurp personally

Should I get a S&W Model 19-3 or a Model 28-2?

Attached: 20140417_204623_v_1401705213.jpg (900x506, 108K)

28-2s are nice if you don't mind them being fuckhuge and overbuilt for the caliber.
The 19 is better if you aren't shooting .357 all day and want something smaller and lighter.

Where can I find a bulk ammo supplier that'll ship to me? No moon ammo needed.
>t sad ma faggot

I wanna pick up a AMD 65 ak build kit. Is it worth the investment? I hear the barrel pin likes to break. I want am ak but am not willing to spend the $600+ that wasrs go for nowadays.

Is there any real point to getting an attachment for a glock 19? If so which ones are good?

Should I risk importing a p80 g19 so I can fulfill my dreams of larping around with a 9. Or should I just stick to rifles that are legal in my cucked country?

>Is there any real point to getting an attachment for a glock 19
Yes. If you love it, it will love you.
>If so which ones are good?
I personally like the Glock brand Glocks, but S&W makes a pretty good glock too

You added literally nothing to the conversation. Why did you even bother responding?

Kill yourself.

What happened to Kiwi Dude? No uploads for a year.

Also, has anyone tried the Korean M1A mags?

How is accuracy measured?

I often see people talk about how they get so and so inch groupings at this and that yards, and from what I've seen, people just go to the range, set up target paper, magdump and measure said groupings.

Isn't this...wrong? Doesn't it all comes down to user skill or other variables like wind and ammo? And then there's people who brag about sub MOA accuracy, in my mind the only way to confirm is an indoor range, bench rest, select ammo and even then maybe something set up to reset the gun in the same position after every shot. Expensive and not practical at all, but this would give actual results

Attached: 1501258933792.jpg (640x701, 45K)

Neat. I know Rothco makes a pair for something like $30, but I’ve seen a lot of conflicting views on their quality, some say they’re good and others say they fall apart way too easily. I probably wouldn’t wear these boots all that often, no more than three or four times a month, if even that.

It all depends on how scientific you want to be about it.

For most plebs, the accuracy of a gun is what they can shoot from a bench at 100 yards with the ammo they have. Truly evaluating the accuracy of a weapon though requires a lot of rounds of different weights and loadings until the best one was found. You also have to measure at different ranges. A 1moa group at 1000 yards is much more impressive than a 1moa group at 100 yards.

If you just want to tell your friend "Hey, I have an [x] moa rifle" though, shooting it at 100 yards from a bench rest is good enough.

I had a pair of Rothco jungle boots. They have the most uncomfortable soles I've ever worn.

Can’t I get some insoles for them though?

$400 for a decent one.

I just sold a 91/59 for $350.

Don't listen to the positive reviews. I used a pair of Rothco jungle boots for 2 years and their rubber soles rubbed off in huge chunks on anything abraisive. It seems they used low quality rubber of sorts, I only wore them on occasion and by the time I threw them out, there was no tread left. They also never lost the stench of rubber which was very weird. I also agree with the other poster saying they were uncomfortable as shit. I threw those out and got a pair of Maelstrom Commando 9"s and they have been alright. Not the best boots ever but worlds better than Rothco without being super expensive either. Had them since 2014 and they're doing ok with occasional use.

Attached: 71NxPdP++PL._SY395_.jpg (395x395, 19K)

Yes, a completely indoor range with the weapon secured in a mount and fired by the pull of a machine is the absolute most objective measure of mechanical accuracy of a weapon.

Which is wonderful, but it’s somethinf that A) 99% of shooters can’t set up and B) tells nothing about how accurate the weapon is in their hands which includes things like balance, stock shape, and general ergonomics.

There are many practical measures of accuracy, usually a bench supported shoot done on an “average” day, measuring groups of 3-5, possibly accounting for hot and cold barrels. That’s your “intermediate serious shooter” determining accuracy with reasonable tools.

Should fit just fine. Mosin mags tend to force matched anyways, worst case, a light sanding/bending to loosen/tighten up as needed for that rifle.

they are going for around $400 for a nice one.

Hmm, I’ll look into these. Do they come in OD green? I’d prefer that color as a stylistic choice

I did. I got those silly woodland patterned foam ones the BX always has. It just felt like walking on an insole on rock instead of just walking on rock.

Which is more reliable between a k98 and a mosin

My friends dad died in Illinois and there are like 10 handguns sitting in his house. My friend lives in Texas and wants all the guns. Could I ship them to him in Texas via UPS? How easy is it to do and what restrictions are there?

Need to have an FFL sip them to another FFL for your friend to pick up.

I don't believe so which was a bit of a bummer, but I'd rather take a loss of color choice than another pair of Rothcos. Can't stress enough how abysmal the quality is.

Damn. I have an Illinois FOID card. Could I arrange the shipment with an FFL here and take them over there and he could take receipt with the Texas FFL? Shit is confusing and at this point I'm probably just better off calling an FFL here and asking him lol

k98
got that controlled feed good mag and unrimmed round

anyone ever run +P out of an FNX45 and would they recommend it?

I have a 91/30 and a chink t53 and the mags are interchangeable, you should be good

pretty sure whoever is the legal owner of the firearms has to ship it to Texas. He might have to ship it to himself.

I love studying, collecting, and shooting Mosins (I have 7 of them) but Mausers are the superior rifle.

I.m selling my Mosin Nagant M44
made in 1955 in Romania the rifle has been conserved without alteration. very acurate, good condition.
I.m asking 350 usd without the scope and 475 USD with the scope and the ten rounds mag.
Delivery date end of june cause i want to keep the rifle till that day.
send text to 6822511881 Lakewood area.

Attached: 5530628[1].jpg (800x600, 63K)

Why did you even bother asking?

Kill yourself.

Attached: 1497969107916.png (300x300, 9K)

OOOHHH NEWBRAINLET TO COLLECT!

what the fuck

How much differently does a full size mosin feel and shoot compared to a mosin carbine?
I have a chinese type 53 and am wondering if I'd be noticing much difference if I picked up something like a 91/30 down the road.

whats the ballistics of a 30 carbine how much will it stop?

What is the most patrician caliber for lever gats?

45-70 big boi

Not much difference in recoil, but the 91/30 has much less muzzle blast. At least mine has less compared to my type 53.

ATN night and day use scope. It is weird but can get used to it for the entry level price point.

Shit. Might buy a Mosin bayonet just to have long screwdriver.

I read that stainless steels in AR barrels are basically stainless in name only. That they have very little to no corrosion resistance. Are handguns that are made of stainless (barrel, slide, etc.) resistant to corrosion?

I'm in michigan. Will buying a gun put me on some government list?

Without a doubt. I'd be surprised if we weren't all on a list right now for posting here. Don't let it stop you.

Darn, that sucks. Do you know of another acceptable alternative within the $40 to $60 price range that does have that color? I’m not necessarily incapable of dropping that much, it’s just that I don’t know that I’ll use them enough to justify the kind of price

Depends what kind
I'd say 200 or so for a 91/30, 250 for an M44 and 300 for a Fin.
I already have one though so I doubt I'll get another any time soon unless I see an unbeatable deal or really want to make an Obrez.

Is a C&R and a CCW permit enough to qualify for a garand through the cmp? I'd like to do this with as little human interaction as possible

I think either one of those fulfill the shooting requirements. Just join the Garand club online and you’ll be good to go.

Cool, thanks.

How fugged does an aspergers diagnosis make me? I can actually function btw.

Looking to get a decent AK, had my eye on (pic related) but Atlantic is sold out. Any other good websites to find them at?

Attached: Screenshot_20180422-204854_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 1.1M)

How the fuck do I find land to camp on? The only state park near me doesn't allow firearms and doesn't allow camping outside of designated sites. My friend and I wanna go innawoods for a couple days and practice our survival skills.

Not at all, most of this board is autistic. IIRC aspergers isn't even a thing anymore anyway.

Look up your states dcnr equivalent website and look around.

I'm trying to scout for a plinking gun to start out. I like the Ruger SR22, but the mag release is too squishy. The Walther P22QD seems perfect, but it's hard to find a place to rent one. Any .22lr guns I should keep an eye out for?

Best fixed stock for a DPMS 308 build?

For my fellow reloaders out there, I've got a very frustrating pickle: I'm handloading .357 using an RCBS 3-die set. All of my RELOADS, using once fired Winchester, Federal, and Sig brass, are fine and ready to go. To supplement that, I bought some fresh Starline brass. Upon going through the same steps with the reloads as I did the fresh loads, the Starline brass won't chamber at all in my GP100 cylinder, get's stuck at the case.

My first thought was that my crimp was off because the reloads and the fresh brass would have different length measurements, which I forgot about before doing them. After applying an appropriate crimp, I get mixed results - usually they'll make it past the case neck, but start giving me heavy resistance part way through the cylinder. With my calipers, all the measurements, from overall length, to case neck width, to mid-case width, to rim width, between the fresh loads and the reloads are almost always within 2-thousandths of eachother, I'll take a reloaded Sig case, it'll slide in no problem, then I'll take a Starline case with almost identical measurements and it'll fight me, either half way through, or about 9/10 of the way through. I can't figure out what's going on.

Any and all help is appreciated. Pic semi related

Attached: gp100.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)