No gun here. I've shot pistols, rifles, and shotgun before...

No gun here. I've shot pistols, rifles, and shotgun before. Thinking about getting a firearm soon (I'm worried the government is going to ban them). Not sure what I should get first, any suggestions? Going between pistol and rifle right now.

Attached: 1524543640758.png (567x519, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0
ar-15lowerpartskit.com/california-compliant-ar-15-what-you-need-to-know/
youtube.com/watch?v=8pHdg4F15aQ
okcfox.com/news/local/graphic-video-liquor-store-clerks-shoot-armed-robbery-suspect-fight-over-gun?utm_content=bufferc035b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Helps if you give us a budget.

800-1000

Get a 22lr for cheap plinking
Or a pump action for flexibility
Or an ar15 because they're cheap and if anything justs banned they would go first

How weird is it to go into a shop and ask for an ARthese days?

AR15

Not op but I recently became noguns as I had to sell my ar to pay some debt. I want another semi auto soon looking for sub $800

Just buy something chambered in 22 long rifle. Train yourself and get gud with it. Handgun or rifle, doesn’t matter. 22 is cheap and plentiful. Only issue is that it is a dirty cartridge and you will need to clean your gun every time you return home from the range. (You should do that with any gun, but especially 22s) Trust me, don’t go out and buy an AR-15 or a Glock 19 for your first gun.

If you don't act like a faggot, its not weird.

Why would it be weird to go into a gun shop and ask for a gun.

Not weird at all. Most popular rifle in America. But for your first gun, steer away from it.

PTR91. It's a man's rifle chambered in a man's round, not that onions.basedsix crap.

why?

AR15s are fine first guns.

They're cheap to feed, easy to maintain and have very very little recoil.

A gun is a tool. You use different tools for different jobs. What job to you want your gun to do?

Attached: Welcomemunchkins.jpg (630x543, 108K)

Rounds are more expensive, louder, more recoil, AR-15s are more complex than a most 22s and harder to clean, etc etc.
A multitude of reasons.
I guess I should ask, have you ever fired a gun before? Have you ever taken one down and cleaned it before reassembling it?

Whatever you think is cool. Fucking Christ, have some balls.

wtf, why is asking people with experience for advice = no balls?

What brand is good these days?

Korth.

Attached: Korth-Revolver-mongoose.jpg (1800x1200, 244K)

The government isn't going to ban guns (I assume this US).

What is your need? For me the most important thing is personal protection.

First gun should be a conceal carry capable handgun in a common affordable self defense round. My suggesting is 9mm. LC9s or glock or whatever you feel comfortable carrying.

Other options are 22 rifles or pistols (i like heritage rough rider if you want to feel like a cowboy).

You should get guns that meet a need or desire you have. Without that information no one can suggest anything meaningful to you.

>No gun here. I've shot pistols, rifles, and shotgun before.

Gee, I wonder if OP already answered that or not.

OP, get an AR and a .22lr conversion kit for it. That way you can plink with cheap .22 and have a .223 rifle for what you're concerned about at the same time. CMMG makes a very nice conversion bolt that you can get for under $200.

for a beginner, S&W M&P 15 sport 2 is a good way to go. If you want to spend more, Colt LE6920. If you want to do your own research, build it yourself.

if you want to go maximum poorfag and still get a functioning rifle, PSA.

Thanks for the advice.

Me too tired and angry to read properly right now. My bad

But that is a good idea

Stop recommending .22LR firearms as people's only firearms.

I can confirm with M+P sport II. Great intro gun

Attached: 20180407_114422_resized.jpg (2268x3024, 3.35M)

Get a complete rifle from PSA or a PSA upper plus stripped lower and a LPK.
or a S&W M&P sport

Pls Jow Forums assist

see

I heard colt quality has been going down recently. This true?

Not a beginner

Fuck you bitch.

>using muh screen grab
at least keep the name with it, i titled this work: gush

Attached: 1493938391244s.jpg (217x197, 3K)

yeah, well, you got $800 so you get a beginner basic bitch AR or build your own m8.

If you want something cool, save up $200 more, get a BCM upper, whatever one makes your peepee tingle, and a PSA lower. Yeah, people here will make fun of you for your rollmark, but it'll be a damn good rifle. Swap the trigger when you feel like it and you'll have a genuinely great gun.

If you just want to impress people who don't know anything about ARs, get a PSA build with a free-float mlok rail

Their QC has definitely been lowering. Their rifles are still good, but I would recommend checking it out in store so you know what you're getting. There's a picture posted here every time Colt QC shows up that shows some ugly ass deformations on an AR15 lower, worse than even a PSA blem lower.

Soi.soisix is putrid. Get a .308/7.62x51 rifle.

Is it weird to go into bestbuy and ask for a Samsung tv?

It is what the shop owners love hearing. Just don't let them jew you out of your shekels since you don't know diddly squat.

How reliable are the eagle arms rifles? Also looking to buy a ar 15 but live in commiefornia. Is it possible or are they restricted?

You're in luck, user - I made a video for people just exactly in your situation.
youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0

PPL don't fight wars w/ pistols. Buy a 10-22 for cheap shooting and cheap suppression, buy an AR for serious work

>eagle arms
Not a fucking clue m8. They're a branch of Armalite, so I'm going to guess you're paying for a name more than performance, but I really don't know.
>Is it possible or are they restricted?
Yes, you can. Yes, they are restricted. How so? I don't fucking know, I don't live there.

Read this.
ar-15lowerpartskit.com/california-compliant-ar-15-what-you-need-to-know/

Ruger AR 556. buy online for $600 shipped.

Rifle. It can shoot close and far. Pistols and shotguns can only shoot close.
>inb4 big
There are some you can take apart and put together easily. They're called "takedown" guns. Not too difficult to understand I hope.

Also, ___________ bans don't work in countries with even slightly more freedom the North Korea. Why do you think Russia has the largest black market arms mafia in the world? They had time to develop it since 1918

>buying a gun because you are worried they will be banned
full fucking retard

giv guns gf

Attached: giv.png (778x512, 45K)

This. You should be paranoid about certain types of guns. Not just guns in general

Feinstein and or Hogg, please go

Other anons have recommended something similar, but it really comes down to purpose. Every gun serves one purpose or another.

Home defense, I'd recommend a good compact or full sized handgun in either 9 or 45. Glock 19 is a common recommendation for a first gun because it's very reliable, won't break the bank, has tons of aftermarket options, and can also work as concealed carry with longer clothes.

For concealed carry, I like my M&P shield 9, but LC9s or XDs subcompact are also great picks. If you live in a warmer area, you'll want a single-stack 9mm or 380. I've heard some good things about Glock 43 too, but I don't know that I would pick that as my first gun.

If you're looking for fun at the range, can't go wrong with a cheap 22 or maybe an AR, you can get bulk 223 ammo for pretty cheap if you genuinely don't care about the gun. I also don't recommend spending too much on your first AR. You won't know what features you want/need until you've actually spent a good deal of time with one. I'm also a fan of a good bolt action, and you can get some really nice precision rifles that can hit 1000yard shots no problem for around the $1k mark but you'll need a good scope to match it and that will cost just as much. Maybe something to consider for the future.

The brands I like are (in no particular order) Glock, Ruger, S&W. There are a few other manufacturers that make great one-offs like the Remington 870, Mossberg 500, and Springfield XD line. For the most part though, brand loyalty means little in the firearms industry. For example, I love my Glock 19 but I sure as fuck wouldn't trust them to make a hammer pistol, revolver, etc. Just like I wouldn't trust Savage to make a pistol. Many brands have advantages for specific types of guns. Ask yourself what purpose you want to use your gun for first.

Sorry but she's my wife.

Attached: 1524343808214.webm (640x640, 1.9M)

oh hey that's Lana Rain

Not OP, but if I'm not interested in an AR or a 10/22, would a Savage Axis .308 and a Hipoint Carbine 9mm be good choices as first guns?

Attached: savage_edge_308_back.jpg (800x600, 202K)

I would get a pistol instead of the carbine, but if those are the guns you want, neither is bad.

Your first gun should be a 9mm pistol. You can take a pistol almost anywhere. Use it for conceal carry, open carry, self defense, home defense, car defense, practice shooting, etc, etc. The most important gun is the one you are carrying when your life depends on it. Can’t go wrong with a Glock.

Glock 43 by Hickok 45
youtube.com/watch?v=8pHdg4F15aQ

>Your first gun should be a 9mm pistol. You can take a pistol almost anywhere. Use it for conceal carry, open carry, self defense, home defense, car defense, practice shooting, etc, etc.
Doublestack compact or singlestack? Not sure which is better for CC.

Attached: 3-mags-vert-1.jpg (800x1302, 106K)

Pocket carrying a single stack Glock 43 is so easy.

I would usually suggest a 22 of some sort so you could work on fundamentals, but if you're worried about bans and the like (I know I am) you should get something that you couldn't get in a post-ban scenario. an AKM like a wasr 10, or a decent quality at would be best, and obviously stock up on """high-capacity""" mags. As far as handguns go, you should get something versatile, reliable and in a common caliber, like a compact 9mm (basically something that's big enough to shoot comfortably but not too big to carry concealed). As far as shotguns, any basic cheapo pump action should do just fine. I got a stevens 320 with a 3" chamber and 2 barrels for $199 last year, and I love it.

Good luck user!

AR* not at

>How weird
As weird as you make it. Just go there and do something like following.
>Hi, read name tape of dude behind counter.
>Can you show me all your AR style rifles in 223?
>Finger fuck them then get the cheapest.

Just thinking about doing thius makes me wanna puke.

Attached: 771490-puke_large.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Stfu 80% McThreeper he asked. It's fun to do. Sometimes I sneeze in my hand as they are passing it to me.

I'm a firm believer of shelling out about 50-100 more and getting an NPAP are good. They're a far better entry level AK without anywhere near as many problems. Problem with the Yugo model AKs (the NPAPs), is the parts aren't always cross compatible with the standard AKM's. If you're in the market for new hardware, you have to specifically make sure it fits the NPAP. There's no shortage of NPAP parts of all sorts, but there's all kinds of noobs to AKs buying parts noncompatible with the Zastava.

But I can't emphasize enough that it's nearly a Saiga at a budget price, it's a far better made gun than a WASR. If you get a WASR make damn sure the sights, trunion, and receiver aren't canted. Some of them are warped.

>hurr durr get a .22
People who say this are fucking morons. Getting a .22 makes sense FOR A CHILD.
For an adult that is clever enough to read and comprehend an instruction manual, and has the strength required to shoulder an intermediate caliber rifle (lol) a .223 is just fine.

Attached: difficulty settings.jpg (960x544, 93K)

In some guns and through simple "techniques", 22s are nearly suppressed. If someone wanted to go varmint hunting or plinking or hell, home defense with enough to practice to make tight groupings to the head without waking the kids to the bad guys, 22 is perfect. Only when taking on armored pigs or hunting skinwalkers should one truly reconsider

>home defense with enough to practice to make tight groupings to the head
>22 is perfect

Worst advice ever.

I should clarify: I meant it's retarded to say "get a .22" when threads like this (where someone is in the market for their first gun) come up.
.22s are plenty of fun and they certainly do have practical applications, but telling every first timer to buy a .22 is just moronic.

Savage Axis line is pretty sweet. Can't speak to the Hipoint. If you want a good 308 rifle, consider the Ruger American, specifically the Predator line. $450 bought me a sub-MOA 308 rifle. The stock is fucking atrocious but it is mechanically capable of MOA accuracy out of the box. Magpul is making a Hunter stock for the American line in the next few months, I plan to pick one up. Should be a nice upgrade.

>Glock AR 15
I'll take 2

>AR has lots of recoil
when I take a no gunz friend shooting I always fire a mag holding the stock up to my crotch, just to show them they shouldn't be afraid of the recoil.

All memes aside, a 22 isn't a pellet gun. Tyrone and his bois aren't gonna be operating in your property with 4A helmets and ballistic masks behind brush at over 400 meters away expecting a guerrilla ambush. They're gonna be wearing bandanas and tank tops in your hallway, 15 - 30 feet away from you, expecting some pussy hwite fuckboi/ girl/ nobody, especially without a gun at all. 9999999/1 times, the second they hear gunshots, no matter how many or how armed, they tuck tail and run, possibly, but not likely firing wildly in your direction at they run to go bleed out in a ditch or their getaway car a block or two away

>Thinking about getting a firearm soon (I'm worried the government is going to ban them)
Sweet Jesus you're easily led on.

Not that guy, but I think he was saying 223/556 will have more recoil compared to a 22LR. To be fair, you're correct that neither has very much recoil at all.

some AR brands are great. 5.56 ones can chamber both 5.56 and 223, but not the other way around from what I understand.
Same thing with 7.62x51 and .308 win.
for CCW, I recommend the SW bodyguard - 38 special, compact revolver. Notoriously good at stopping robberies in subways.

>the second they hear gunshots, no matter how many or how armed, they tuck tail and run

You need to shut the fuck up.

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Liquor store clerks shoot armed robbery suspect, fight over gun
okcfox.com/news/local/graphic-video-liquor-store-clerks-shoot-armed-robbery-suspect-fight-over-gun?utm_content=bufferc035b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Does Korth still make the combat model? Is the mongoose the new combat model or is it different somehow?

OP, if you've never shot a gun before. i'd personally recommend starting with a rifle. Rifles are easier to shoot (accurately) than a pistol as they have a much longer barrel and sight radius. I'd almost recommend a 10/22 as .22 rounds are extremely cheap compared to other rounds, and can give you decent fundamentals, otherwise an AR is 'roughly' the next step up as far as caliber (not counting pistol caliber carbines which are rifles that shoot pistol rounds). Also with an AR, they have a gazilion parts and components to upgrade / swap

If you have a range where you can rent, try a couple out before you go, or if you have friends who shoot, im sure one of them would be more than happy to go out with you.

If you want to go pistol.. then either a .22 or 9mm full size possibly such as a Beretta 92, a S&W M&P, Sig P226, Ruger SR9, CZ-75, or a .38 revolver. Again go to a gun store or two, handle a few, try them out. Jow Forums is usually full of helpful people who will answer questions as well

OP, what type of shooting do you want to do? General range stuff? Hunting? Self defense? Target? Cowboy action? I can recommend some generic guns but if you have an are of interest we can get specific.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 6a00d8341bf68b53ef01348624d3f9970c-800wi.jpg (400x300, 21K)

Get a WASR. It was my first, an excellent start. Dont listen to the cukcs telling you to get a .22

or just get a pump action .22 AR.