Is the Yugo M59/66 good?

I live behind enemy lines in NY and was looking to finally get my own rifle, these seem pretty appealing. The internal magazine means that its "SAFE" and not a scary assault rifle allowing the bayonet and spigot grenade launcher.
Are they up to par with Russian SKS's or should I buy something else?
classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-semi-auto-excellent

Attached: Yugo-M59-Soldier.jpg (647x367, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicfirearms.com/video/yugo-sks-semi-auto-cleaning
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're not as good as Russian SKSs, but they're still good. That seems like a fair price.

I know I could get one for cheaper but this does seem like a good deal. I also did not want to put down $800 on a Russian SKS but put the rest of the money on a nice Mosin or save more for a M39.

If you just want a blaster, get the Yugo. It'll honestly perform just as well as a Russian SKS.

Yugo's are aight- it's the fun that breaks the "assault weapon" bs. Just keep your gas block clean

Is corrosive ammo going to chew up my barrel if I don't thoroughly clean after shooting or is that just an over exaggeration?

You're good matey

Kinda an over exaggeration. Almost all the surplus 7.62x39 is corrosive despite saying it's not because of the sodium in the Berdan primers. A quick field strip and cleaning is pretty much necessary after every plinking trip if you want to keep the bore rust-free.

What said is correct

So I should be vigilant anyways alright then

Pretty much. It's not going to ruin it if you don't clean it immediately after though. You can let it sit for a day or two after shooting then clean it.

Berdan or Boxer has no bearing on if it's corrosive.
Sodium is also not a problem.
Chlorate primers have potassium chlorate, this leaves potassium chloride in the barrel which will lead to corrosion.
M43 ammo is all corrosive but has not been imported in a while, same with chinese. M67 can also be non-corrosive but most will be corrosive.

That is fine ill do it in my spare time

cleaning is part of the fun

>potassium chloride is also salt

Attached: 1520472217779.jpg (250x250, 10K)

True I always enjoyed rifle cleaning w/ my dad.
You have any tips for removing the cosmoline that the rifle will be covered in? Some people say heat works best others say mineral spirits.

Wrap it in plastic bags and leave the gun out in the sun on a hot day if you're lazy. If you're not lazy, completely disassemble it and soak it in mineral spirits. CF's cosmoline cleaning video is actually really really good: classicfirearms.com/video/yugo-sks-semi-auto-cleaning
Just don't get high off it

They are pretty front heavy. Every part of it is milled. Nothing stamped. Cold hammer forged barrel. They are damn accurate, but no chrome lining (just fucking clean it and you'll have no issues). They are over built for the caliber but sweet shooters. Get good at loading strippers and you'll be surprised how fast a reload can be.

All SKSs are of decent build quality, but remember, you are buying commie surplus.

If you buy Yugo slavshit, remember to get the grenade launching accessories, its not complete without them.

calm down Tyrone.

Since the grenade spigot is permanently affixed on the 59/66 I don't think that's an issue.
>Finding reasonably priced dummy grenades nowadays for shenanigans is slightly more difficult.

Attached: Yugo M68 Lawn Darts.jpg (440x600, 99K)

>dummy grenades
Make some of your own, use rubber dicks

Unnecessary for me. I meant in general.

Attached: 20151113_134234.jpg (3264x1836, 1.65M)