ghostbin.com/paste/fs24w

>/gq/ approved Radio Equipment
ghostbin.com/paste/bxpag

>google drive of current /gq/ issues
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5CCir6zEaYsRDh1N0d5QWt2UkU?usp=sharing

Previously on /gq/...

Attached: gq.jpg (3833x2555, 2.47M)

Someone make a ghostbin on night vision plz also first jjajajajaja

Work in progress pic. Retrofying my UCP Gear with paint, a work in progress of the FLC, which I honestly like a lot as a ruck comparable/ long term vest. I think a lot of people don’t give the FLC a proper chance because it isnt old enough to be nostalgia gear, and being modern GI gear it lacks enough of a cool guy factor.

Attached: 6B060B36-16F8-4AC4-B683-22F00C0F7193.jpg (2048x1785, 715K)

Does anyone know it the TT plate carrier LC by Tasmanian Tiger is decent?
Any experiences with the brand?

Tasmanian Tiger is supposedly okay, but you can definitely do better.

Attached: 20180303_153559.jpg (1165x884, 764K)

Norgie kit coming along nice. Dunno if I'll go for another helmet or just use a cap or beret.

Attached: 20180425_202838.jpg (3077x1628, 3.27M)

Attached: 20180422_223102.jpg (2262x1610, 2.25M)

Attached: muh belt annotations.jpg (3700x999, 325K)

Thoughts on the Fast MT helmet, besides the price tag of course.
I havnt had any experience with gear and rifles since I live in Greece so I can't really judge

Attached: FAST MT SUPER HIGH CUT HELMET_01-714x840.jpg (714x840, 81K)

good helmet, being upgraded to the SF helmet soon

Did you cut out multicam tape yourself or is there a kit for camo on those muffs?

Who else got one? I wish they'd make the dc3rx modular.

Attached: Screenshot_20180425-190219_Gmail.jpg (1080x1333, 203K)

I'm pretty meh on the new micro from them, I'd rather the spiritus

Attached: DSC04349.jpg (1606x900, 619K)

did initially cut out multicam tape to tape on, but Matbock sells multicam skins for Peltors, which is what you see. Pretty good to be honest, easy to put on, seems to stay on as well.

I have the spiritus as well and really like it. I just thought I'd give it a whirl. I have 4 rigs now so it'll be my last for a while.

>I'm pretty meh on the new micro from them
I severely dislike it.

Attached: 6ADD2CB6-1519-4C4A-B477-DECA86648B32.jpg (1536x2048, 795K)

Reason?

It's a knock off spiritus but it's not as modular. The side pouches are useless. No place for IFAK. And no the zipper pouch sucks for that. No place for a radio. Less velcro space for patches than the spiritus ;^)
And that's all ignoring the fact that for me 3 mags are insufficient. With the spiritus you at least have the option to carry 6.

It's a micro rig man. I own a full size for all that shit. You're talking about a purse and I'm talking about a wallet.

what do you put in those little pouches on the side? what do you put in the front pouch? what do you need a micro rig for?

>need
Light and multitool in the side pouches.
Landnav shit and other small things in the admin.
I have a belt mounted ifak.

>hurr durr the NEED meme
what do you want a micro rig for?

Can some one send me a discord link?

Post your gear

Attached: gear rodeo.png (1213x940, 1.29M)

I only have a 6094 with no pouches on it at all and a desert frog shirt. Saving up for pants.

ok. someone explain this to me because apparently I'm a brainlet. I thought that there will only two communication versions of peltor Comtac III's, but apparently there are 3.

>1. Single Comm
>2. Dual Comm two lead
>3. Dual Comm single lead

I honestly did not know single cable dual comm peltors existed. How exactly do they work? Do they use the same connector?

I'm pretty sure I want a true single comm, as I want my radio audible in both ears, not just one.

Attached: IMG_9911s.jpg (1152x864, 379K)

the local outdoor "range" closed down. haven't had anywhere to shoot with gear for months and I refuse to be paying ridiculous range fees.

Attached: DSC_0959.jpg (1632x1224, 1.51M)

just go innawoods.

What's a good flashlight? Doesn't need to be super small but I don't want it super big either. I got a job as a night shift security officer and I have to do patrols around a food processing plant and inspect semi-trailers.

I do the same thing and use a 5.11 flashlight it works good

I’ve had a Mil-Tac Inova for years and it’s a solid durable light.

Can I play?

Attached: F6E10332-CEC7-42A0-9D98-5190E8E94AB3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.8M)

Something small to be used at the range or on hikes. Also as a setup for my mpx.

Fenix PD35 is GOAT

Not pictured is my OSOE drop leg mag holder and my Safariland 6004 drop leg I used from time to time

big nice

Any tips for buying a dump pouch? I need one that will fit an MCU?

Nice grab and go range setup. 3 mags, some gloves and multi tool, ifak in the dangler. Great to just throw on for the range without having a ton of shit. The 3 mags are also the same way I set my PCs up so I’m cool with that.

Plus they look killer in my opinion

Attached: A5F74D1F-E82C-488E-8F1C-6F66ADA26BCA.jpg (2747x3241, 2.24M)

Thanks man! If anyones got any questions on the setup, ask away. Im not quite new here, but I just started posting in GQ since I got my PVS14 and laser and I feel like my setup is completed.

Why the lense cap on the NVD instead of just using a sacrificial window? In case you accidentally turn it on?

The guy I bought it from had it on there. I have ordered the Wilcox screw in since I got it

Nice. Thats next on my purchase list. Its a lot more secure than the standard rubberized window but I luckily have yet to have mine fall off in use

>I'm pretty sure I want a true single comm, as I want my radio audible in both ears, not just one.
That is ideal for most users. Wiring a rig to give audio from one input into the left ear and another input into the right ear can have an interesting effect. It allows you to monitor two nets simultaneously and you automatically know which net the traffic is because of the ear in which you hear it. Once again, for 99% of users, this is irrelevant. You probably want a true single comm.

I'm a big fan of the Streamlight Stinger with rechargeable batteries.

Rechargeable batteries are the only way to go if you work nights.

Not him, but you can punch a hole in the BC cover and use it as an aperture to increase depth perception - at the cost of reducing the overall quantity of input photons.

I just use a 30mm Tiffen UV filter for $6.

fucking threepers

yeah I agree. I was hoping to figure out what the difference is between true single comm, and the ones marketed as "dual comm", yet have only one cable coming out of them

>hides face
>has tattoos

point?

i got your tattoo i got your ass boi

come at me fgt

Attached: DSC03843.jpg (966x1720, 2.49M)

only if you hug my cock with your butt cheeks qt

I was. cops shut it down and now if you're caught it's a felony arrest.

Attached: 828F983B-F496-42FE-8DB7-A410B8BC8801.jpg (2728x2541, 1.14M)

sounds like you got cucked.

>he calls himself a gear queer
>doesn't own a gas mask
explain yourself.

Attached: AVoN_C50_Action_2014.jpg (500x332, 41K)

I mean I have a shitty S10 but I'd like to get a new M50 or millenium for fucking around

Attached: m17.jpg (716x932, 150K)

Plz respond

jarhead as fuck

Can I get a quick rundown on why not to buy from AR500?

spallings bad mkay.

Give discord

Anti spall coating mkay. There are better reasons than bs spall arguments.

>spalling
>ridiculously heavy
>penetrated by common ammunition

Attached: stop resisting.jpg (1200x917, 298K)

anti-spall coating (see: truck bed liner) is blown off by the first impact

Buy it. Anybody in 2018 who is thinking of buying it will not be swayed by arguments against it and is only looking for validation. Your mind was made up before you posted. I support you. Buy your potmetal armor and be happy.

Attached: A7D01AE8-EAE1-4B7B-9225-2570876FE2F6.gif (500x375, 495K)

More nigger lies. Go YouTube it ya dipshit. Only downside is weight. Quit fucking bullshitting.

>III “”””””””””””””””+””””””””””””””””””

Sorry I only trust armor with real ratings, not snakeoil upselling terms.

Fuck off, Tyler

ayy thanks. I'll steer clear then.

The nij testing listed on the site. Why are you insistent on telling people it does nothing? No one is claiming it's the best out there but deterring folks who can't afford better is pretty niggerish.

TBQH ian and karl did a vid on them. I just was memeing. I dont own them.

aesthetic as fuck, too bad cheek filter masks are horrible.

Attached: new_gas_mask_by_accado-d78hq4y.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Give discord

this.

Post gear

don't waste your money

AR500 is a 2012 meme. buy ceramics and cut the weight.

Tier 1 nigga.

Attached: Tier1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.27M)

Yeah no shit. That was never the argument though.

I tried this in QTDDTOT, and all I've gotten was someone asking what the rig was called, so I'll ask it here.

How good would this be for a 2 or 3 day backpacking trek? I have enough storage for food and water and all the gear I would need, just not sure how comfortable it would be compared to my Kelty RedCloud 110 over 10+ miles of semi-rough terrain.

Attached: battle jacket.jpg (300x300, 19K)

how much opther shit beside food and water are you planing on bringing? subtract that from the total volume.

Can you survive 2-3 days from what you can pack in there? Yes.

Will it be a fun experience? No.

LBE bearing rigs are good for supplementing your pack with extra water and giving you easy to acces navigation gear. Don’t use them to survive.

All the gear I will be taking for this trek is able to be packed into/onto that rig.
This isn't so much "surviving" as "going on a 10-15 mile hike over the weekend"

it doesn't have the hip support a backpack has. It wouldnt be as comfortable. The south Africans specifically designed the chest rig that accompanies this for use with backpacks.

What said, you can do it but it won't be very pleasant.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to go ahead with my plan on using this rig anyways, just to see how I fare with it. I will report back on monday to tell y'all how it did and how comfortable/uncomfortable it was.

hey good luck man, you can definitely get by with a lot less. I've gone backpacking with a wool blanket, knife, fire steel, and a pot full of instant mashed potatoes and a steak wrapped in paper.

Thanks! Hopefully it isn't too bad. I've been through some pretty rough backpacking situations, some of which happened at Philmont. Though this hike is nothing compared to what I did there. Its about 6-8 miles hiking from the vehicles to the campsite, and then another 4-6 to hike out back to the vehicles.

yeah you will be fine. are you staying overnight for more than one night? are there trees? you could bring a hammock and save yourself some weight.

I had one of those or maybe an earlier variant. I did massive miles with it. It worked well. I only ditched it because I wanted to be able to use different pouches. It is a great rig for 10 mile rucks.

>implying

Attached: 20180416_012519.jpg (576x622, 144K)

What' a good website to buy from without having to give them a copy of my CCW, social security card, and a timestamped pic of my scrotum? They all want way too much personal info

What chest rig is this in the photo? The laser-cut looking thing.

idiot

Attached: wdd (2).png (368x341, 5K)

Should I get this custom Bulldog Tactical Equipment 3-day Sniper backpack?

Attached: 6844711_01_bulldog_equipment_sniper_3day__640.jpg (640x480, 100K)