The Franco-German next-gen fighter is now officially a thing

The Franco-German next-gen fighter is now officially a thing.

janes.com/article/79624/ila-2018-governments-approve-franco-german-future-fighter-outline-other-co-operative-defence-projects

>The German and French governments have given their respective industries the go-ahead to develop a new fighter aircraft to strengthen bi-lateral defence co-operation and to ensure continued operational sovereignty.

France is taking the lead role for the fighter, while Germany got the lead role for the European drone program MALE. With a single nation taking the lead role, Germany and France are trying to avoid problems and delays of previous multi-national projects.

The new fighter is supposed to be operational in 2035-2040 and will replace both Eurofighter and Rafale in both nations.

janes.com/article/79573/ila-2018-mtu-reveals-next-generation-fighter-engine

MTU also showcased a powerplant for the Next European Fighter Engine.

Attached: p1682429.jpg (683x479, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-aerospace/uk-aerospace-industry-could-be-priced-out-after-brexit-mps-idUKKBN1GV003
fightersweep.com/4988/tranche-1-typhoons-uk-alert-force/
youtube.com/watch?v=5B6AjKrKHQ8
raf.mod.uk/aircraft/typhoon-fgr4/
youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uKyaDtg-9yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Germany still needs to replace their Tornados in the near future.

The options are F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler derivative, F-15 Advanced Eagle, F-35A Lightning II or the Eurofighter Tranche 4.
Important is the ability to carry nuclear weapons as part of the nuclear sharing doctrine, so the USA is doing everything to not give the Eurofighter the ability to carry US nuclear weapons.

Noice

And unlike all those other next-gen fighter projects from countries like Japan, Korea or Turkey (lel). This is gonna happen for real.

Too bad UK went full retard regarding to Europe and killed a large part of their aerospace capacities.

Can they pull off anything resembling US latest gen stealth? European defense programs don't have the infinite funding that is available in the US.

>Can they pull off anything resembling US latest gen stealth?

yes

>Eurofighter Tranche 4

There is no such thing.

Tranche refers to incremental improvements during production.

FGR4 is a UK specific version with hardware and software upgrades.

Germany would get tranche 3 with software upgrades which would still be a big improvement on what they have.

You don't read much aerospace news do you?

>Hey Lockheed, can you give us a boost on stealth technology
>Sure senpai, that'll be a billion buckeroos
>Thanks senpai, the U.S. governemtn won't be mad will they
>Nah senpai, we won't let our employees bother you.

I think selling stealth fighters to other European countries would be way more profitable than transferring tech to Franco Germans

If Germany decides to replace their Tornados with Eurofighters then a Tranche 4 will happen.

Paltzo noted stuff like engines with 15% more thrust and various upgrades regarding to SEAD.

UK is pretty much at a dead end as aircraft designing nation.

At least Rolls Royce would have been the natural choice to provide the engine for such a next-gen fighter but well...

The French will contribute their VTOL technology to the aircraft. Giant Frog Legs that propel the ship instantly into the air upwards of 1200 feet per second. No other country possesses this technology but the French

Attached: IMG_0751.png (480x320, 86K)

They can't even make competitive consumer cars.

Eurofighter, of course. Who the fuck would want to touch anything *merican with a two meter stick?

>operational in 2035-2040 and will replace both Eurofighter and Rafale in both nations

That's quite some time away will Ibrahim Schmidt be the pilot and Gunther Mohammed be his wing commander?

people that actually use their planes

maybe they can throw in some broomsticks for the gun pod

>If Germany decides to replace their Tornados with Eurofighters then a Tranche 4 will happen.

Impossible.

I dont think you understand the tranch system.

It's not a system for marking upgrades like A B C D

Its a system for marking stages of production.

Eurofighter was brought into service while some features were still being worked on.

The initial production was split into three tranches, the first aircraft were being retired and replaced with the 2nd tranche and then 2nd retired and replaced with the 3rd.

some nations didn't bother trading aircraft in for the 2nd or 3rd tranche.

Initial production is now pretty much complete so all aircraft are the baseline Tranche 3.

These tranche 3 aircraft can then receive further updates which gives them a new block number.

All future typhoons will be Tranche 3 block XX

aircraft with large numbers of modifications (such as those for the Uk or Kuwait) will get a new names - such as FGR4

The F-22 was in the air by 1997. This wants to be operational about 40 years later. Yeah, they can match it. Matching what the US can have in the air by the same time, that'd be harder.

thanks for confirming that your national biases are stronger than your desire to be informed.

I won't waste my time.

Paltzo clearly stated if the Eurofighter gets produced past 2019 then a Tranche 4 will happen.

>The F-22 was in the air by 1997. This wants to be operational about 40 years later. Yeah, they can match it. Matching what the US can have in the air by the same time, that'd be harder.

The EU especially France and Germany have excellent technology. However much less of it is dedicated towards military applications. Also their budget for military expenditure is much smaller.

>I have nothing to say

>Paltzo clearly stated if the Eurofighter gets produced past 2019 then a Tranche 4 will happen.

Upgrades past 2020 are already funded and planned for the UK and other export customers.

None of these upgrades will be a new Tranche.

You don't seem to grasp the tranche system. It is impossible for a new tranche to exist after initial production has finished.

all new Eurofighter will be tranche 3 with some moniker such as P3E OR they will have country-specific designations.

Please don't make me repeat myself again, i'm trying to help you.

>The director of the Eurofighter GmbH doesn't know what he is talking

The FGR4 Eurofighters are also >Block 5 aircraft

>>The director of the Eurofighter GmbH doesn't know what he is talking

You haven't quoted him. and you won't be able to quote him saying anything about Tranche 4.

>he FGR4 Eurofighters are also >Block 5 aircraft

Jesus Christ. if you don't know what you're talking about.

If FGR4 is Block 5 (Tranche 1) then please explain the IRST.

do your research before you volunteer your opinion.

FGR4 is also only a designation for Fighter, Ground attack, Reconnaissance.

Previous Eurofighters were only fighter with the designation F2.

between the F2 and FGR4 there was also a T3, which is the trainer variant.

FGR4 are also at least block 5 & 8 aircraft, because block 5 was when the Eurofighter got (basic) air-to-ground capacities.
It's also mentionworthy that the RAF Tornados are still the main air-to-ground attack aircraft.

I don't know why they fucking wasted time with a project with Germany, Dassault and Airbus will build this plane, which means it will be 75% French, Dassault could've made it by itself, we have technology better than the Germans, better air building experience and great engineers.

Maybe it's just for MUH UNITED EUROPE, or to lower the cost by making the Germs pay for the project too

Attached: 1520309246734.jpg (850x1512, 63K)

This thing flew for the first time in 1986

Attached: rafale1.jpg (2362x1569, 1.93M)

stop. where are you even getting this drivel from?

Honestly go and do some research. you'd probably find it interesting and you wouldn't make yourself look stupid.

>It's also mentionworthy that the RAF Tornados are still the main air-to-ground attack aircraft.

For the next 6 months before they retire. How this is relevent is beyond me.

Nothing this post stated is wrong.

The FGR4 is not some Eurofighter derivat, not sure how you got the idea.

>Too bad UK went full retard regarding to Europe and killed a large part of their aerospace capacities.

Next in "things that didn't happen".

>This is gonna happen for real.

wouldn't bet on it.

uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-aerospace/uk-aerospace-industry-could-be-priced-out-after-brexit-mps-idUKKBN1GV003

And now not being part of a next-gen fighter project.

Maybe Turkey is building a stealth fighter for real... eh.

AHAHA

I literally just found what you are using as a source - a forum post from 2010 that explains a lot.

I'm done with you.

>yphoon FGR4
Single-seat Block 5 or later aircraft (built or upgraded from F2) are known as Typhoon FGR4s.[23][24] The new mark number represents the increased capabilities of the Block 5 aircraft (fighter/ground attack/reconnaissance). The FGR4 has from June 2008 achieved the required standard for multi-role operations.[25]

I bet wiki is wrong too

oh boy

Not an air fag, so a few questions:
- Pointy nose... It seems obvious, why is it worth pointing out?
- Flat pylon... Is that what holds the tank? Why is it worth pointing out?
- Sawtooth shaping, what do those do?

> anything resembling US latest gen stealth

I don't think you read the post.

FGR4 is just a designation for multi-role capacities.

Like the F/A-18 thing which refers to fighter and attack aircraft.

You're a giant British fag

I meant that we can easily build it, and it will be much better than the F-22
Don't forget that it was a French who designed the F-16 and A-10

The UK is currentlty a major partner in F-35, an equal contributer in FCAS with France, a primary source of development assistance with Turkey, and already in cahoots with Japan for continued aerospace development.

Why would they want to abandon their already existing, working, and acquired 5th gen program to do even less work on a Pan-Euro one where they won't have the same level of high end tech to provide and work with, won't have the same budget with the US being involved and won't have anywhere near the same through life support development or purchases?

Also your source doesn't back up what you said about a large part of British aerospace having been "killed", still waiting for a source on such a thing happening.

You have a fundamental failure to understand the program.

Block 5 is Tranche 1 and Block 8 Is Tranche 2.

These airframes are taken and upgraded to Tranche 3 with UK specific upgrades to make them into FGR4.

Not a single FGR4 is considered Tranche 1 or Tranche 2.

By definition it is impossible for an FGR4 to be anything other than an FGR4.

The baseline airframe before the upgrade is irrelevant.

I bet the RAF would be quite happy with Germany buying more Eurofighters as Tornado replacement.

Which would mean more funding for air-to ground capacities, especially for SEAD.

>(You)
>You're a giant British fag
Wut? OK, yeah sure, british fag...
Do you know the answers to my question you giant french douche?

And you are wrong

FGR4 only refers to Typhoons past block 5.

I think Germany would be even happier since they can continue to operate an existing aircraft.

They can't afford F35. upgrading Typhoon is their only real option.

It's really absurd how they can make themselves so irrelevant so fast.

Are you on drugs?

>while Germany got the lead role for the European drone program MALE
Did they just assume its gender?????

>I meant that we can easily build it, and it will be much better than the F-22

Ah, I see Rafalefag is here.

In red are features that increase Radar Cross Section, in green those that decrease it.

OHHH BOY

so what will happen first, german decide under fund the fuck out of program or french bail?

So it appears

France lead role for the fighter
Germany got the drone and the aircraft engine

If Germany also got the lead role for the tank, it would mean they got the best deal out of the Franco-German projects.

>FGR4 only refers to Typhoons past block 5.

Then explain why the RAF has Tranche 1 aircraft of block 5 that are not FGR4.

All FGR4 are part of Tranche three, and all of them have the UK specific upgrades to DASS and so on.

You are full of shit.

So all official sources and wikipedia are wrong and only you are right.

You think Germany - who can barely afford to maintain their existing fleet of typhoons - should introduce a 2nd aircraft type rather than consolidate on an existing in-service airframe that can do everything they need.

Sweet, thanks!

>15% more thrust

The Eurofighter is already a kinetic rape machine with outstanding thrust to weight ratio. Adding 15% more thrust would make is a fucking space aircraft.

Attached: D930Lmf.gif (330x248, 1.88M)

Uh oh. are you beginning to realise i'm right?

fightersweep.com/4988/tranche-1-typhoons-uk-alert-force/

I like how you've still not come up with the tranche 4 quote.

yeah... and these things cost a lot of money to develop so the guy you are replying too is right.

Cool shit desu.

Japan is perfectly capable of building a 5th gen fighter, Korea isn't and Turkey just LMAO. Just what made these retarded kebabs think they have the capacity to build a 5th gen plane?

>Joint German-French project

NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG HERE!

Your article doesn't state anything

Too expensive for a single nation to build such an aircraft.

They are actively looking for a partner nation, though the requirement will make it impossible. Any nation which want to join Japan needs to accept that the radar and engines are designed and produced by Japan.

>Turkey just LMAO. Just what made these retarded kebabs think they have the capacity to build a 5th gen plane?

I mean it ins't like they've ended up with a tinpot populist dictator recently who'd be likely (when he isn't fucking goats) to spray the bullshit all around to whip up jingoistic fervor. Like, for example, claiming they're gonna build a fighter just as good as what the west is doing.

>The approval, which was announced by the defence ministers of both countries during a ceremony at the ILA Airshow in Berlin on 26 April, gave the official governmental green light for work to commence on developing a fighter aircraft as part of a wider Future Combat Air System (FCAS) project that will comprise a range of new airborne weapons and unmanned systems.

youtube.com/watch?v=5B6AjKrKHQ8

>Given the software limitations of the T1, the RAF has decided not to try and upgrade these particular platforms with the Phase Enhancement upgrade packages that will afford the T2 and T3 platforms with the full swing-role capability set. As such, they will be used solely for air defence duties, and perhaps for adversarial air combat training for other RAF aircraft types.

Block 5 aircraft that have not been updated to FGR4.

this is wrong.

raf.mod.uk/aircraft/typhoon-fgr4/

>The Typhoon had been developed and promoted as a ‘swing-role’ platform, meaning it was equipped with sensors and weapons suitable for multiple roles in a single mission. This complex capability was to be expressed incrementally through the production programme, but with the possibility of a Typhoon deployment under Operation Herrick, the UK added an austere air-to-ground capability to its Tranche 1 jets from 2008, modified aircraft introducing the T.Mk 3 and FGR.Mk 4 designations.

That gif...HOLEE FUCK

>I don't know how aircraft development works, the post

When producing combat aircraft you need more than jet engine fanblades and radar modules.

Makes me wonder if the cranked arrow delta-wing design was just artist being artist or if they are going with it for real.

cranked arrow delta-wing + two state of the engines
That's some nice combination for some outstanding supersonic performance.

Attached: F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg (1920x1512, 683K)

Except it's not.

>the UK added an austere air-to-ground capability to its Tranche 1 jets from 2008, MODIFIED aircraft introducing the T.Mk 3 and FGR.Mk 4 designations.

Anything from T1 Block 5 can be MODIFIED to be an FGR4 - the software is added and the aircraft rebuilt.

T1 aircraft before Block 5 can't be turned into FGR4 - it's these aircraft that the UK still has and is planning to press into service as two purely fighter squadrons.

To make an FGR4 you still require upgrades that are UK specific, mainly the full pretorian DAAS.

>Franco-German fighter
>butthurt bongs

That's so funny.

Well, the RAF will start to replace their Eurofighters around 2040 as well. Makes one wonder what are they doing.

The F-35 isn't really enough to fill the gap of the Eurofighter.

Pierre Sprey isn't French and didn't touch anything related to F-16 or A-10 design

>Don't forget that it was a French who designed the F-16 and A-10
LMAO

>2040

So around the time the Su-57 is operational.

They'll probably get on board with the US Sixth Gen.

How can Russia even compete?

More Su-27. Su-27 forever.

Su-27s will be shooting down B-52s in 2345.

What a time to be alive.

Yup

Attached: 4712886_3_38be_le-rafale_3b5c1d2836893e506175d8f5691a462c.jpg (644x322, 40K)

All I see is this

Now imagine what a French fighter made 40 years after the Rafale will do

Attached: rafale-68-1.jpg (990x513, 64K)

>Turkey just LMAO. Just what made these retarded kebabs think they have the capacity to build a 5th gen plane?
It's a joint venture with Rolls Royce and the British government. It has a better chance of happening than the French-German project.

Attached: erdogan with Warren East from Rolls Royce.jpg (750x422, 67K)

>Germany got the lead role for the European drone program MALE

"european"

You mean as usual Airbus asked to see BAE's notes.

MALE is a rip off of BAE mantis.

Attached: BAE_Systems_Mantis.jpg (1024x683, 514K)

Ahahahahahaha, well known French (actually African) internet troll sampaix is on Jow Forums.

Say hello everyone!

Attached: wew lad.gif (288x288, 1.41M)

delicious butthurt bongs

>fight that starts within visual range against a raptor
youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ
A T-38 gunned an F-22. I know F-15E guys who have done the same in actual BFM engagements (not just someone sneaking up like in the video.) Pilot skill can still win over jet performance. The skill required for pilot in the inferior jet has to be greater of course, but it can be done. Rafale is really great at WVR engagements and this pilot was just better/more experienced. F-22 shouldn't be in WVR engagements at all though and 2 F-22s vs 4 Rafales, the F-22s will win every time, even with barely average pilots vs highly skilled Frenchmen. Chances are that the Rafales would die before they even knew someone is there, and even if the first wave of missiles miss, the raptors will already be in a premerge mentality ready to finish the job vs rafales just now learning that they are being engaged.

They can always try to make a Commonwealth fighter...

>That moment when your country has had the greatest air superiority fighter production-ready for almost 20 years now and German-cucks are just now making a copy of it
'Murica.
t.burgerland

you mad eurofags?

What
And pol is that way Rafale RCS is so small the F-22 can't detect it until it reaches approx. 100 km, by then after 5 seconds the Rafale would've detected the F-22 at 40km range, so it makes no difference

Rafale has shown that it has better manoeuvrability than the Fail-22

Airbus can't even get parachute jumps in sticks to work from A400M, not they want to build a 5th gen fighter.

Someone get the popcorn.

Attached: RAF F35B.jpg (964x685, 136K)

>Rafale RCS is so small the F-22 can't detect it until it reaches approx. 100 km, by then after 5 seconds the Rafale would've detected the F-22 at 40km range, so it makes no difference

This is so retarded it hurts

>What
Don't act stupid sampaix. Not everybody is a 70 IQ African like yourself, your cover has been blown.

>muslim designed fighters

... how fast do you think these jets are moving? 30km (assuming they move at the same speed directly towards each other) in 5 seconds? Really?

>the F-22 can't detect the Rafale at long range
>but the Rafale can detect the F-22 at short range
>but the F-22 still can't detect the Rafale at short range?
not sure where this is going

>better maneuverability
lolk
youtube.com/watch?v=uKyaDtg-9yM

And even with our magical mach 17 jets, getting a five second head start on killing your enemy before he kills you apparently isn't something that matters.

>sampaix
You kids and your weird terminologies these days...

the only butthurt bongs i have seen are the two arguing about the block 5 to FGR.4 upgrades mate.

Attached: RAF_typhoon_jets.jpg (1860x1046, 131K)