On AK's

What is the best caliber for AK's,Jow Forums? 5.45 or 7.62? Also the best AK model for the respective caliber

Attached: Russian_AK47_800x.jpg (762x279, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfUOfDcLX0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you expect of it ? Can't answer else.

7.62x39, anything made by Polytech or Norinco

Best overall for reliability

7.62, RAS47

5.45x39mm.

If you already have a 5.56x45mm rifle, then get a 7.62x39mm, as 5.45mm pretty much does all the same things 5.56mm does.
You'll appreciate the difference.

5.45 is a dying caliber memeing aside, no rifles are imported chambered in it, and ammo only comes from like 2 factories in russia.

7.62x39 is like 5 cents cheaper per round anyway, it can be found for 18 cents shipped .

Norinco is decent but hasn't been imported for years. Polytech is very nice but also hasn't been imported for years, and is super expensive because it's a collectible.

A Norinco is good if you find it, otherwise, if you can find a Saiga, they're a very good choice.

5.45mm is cheap as fuck, stop this meme.

7.62 SGL21

>RAS47
It's junk.

Mods, please ban this poster.

Sporter versions of Norincos aren't too pricy, I got this one for $500

Attached: norinco_durr_rifel.jpg (4937x941, 1.28M)

STFU I have put 250 rounds through my RAS and it is just fine

I have a Norc in 556 and it's a nice gun; NHM90.
Not as nice as my AR but still a quality addition to my collection.
Mags are scarce and expensive.

What would the qualities for each caliber be? What makes each one better?

I see people charge like $1200 for a Type-84S, which I'm not sure I feel it's worth.

$500 is a pretty good for one of those Norinco Hunters though.

Attached: Type 84 S, Folder.jpg (640x480, 41K)

It mostly comes to recoil/stoping powah ratio

5.56 for cheap ammo, expensive, unobtainium mags.
5.45 for cheap ammo, moderately priced, hard to find mags.
7.62x39 for stoppin powah, cheap as fuck ammo, and cheap, common mags.

>250
Congratulations on reaching such a massive round count, that's amazing. Maybe you will put another 250 through it when you can afford it.

I don't own a RAS47 but their reputations is shit and this is backed by a quick search which brings up nothing but problems.
I would stay the fuck away from cast steel components (lol RAS47 Trunions) and American built AKS in general.

7.62mm hits harder, in a sense, but has shorter effective range.

Keep buying shitty WASRs with canted sights and terrible mag wobble. I will continue shooting my piece of american engineered steel.

Castings can work if used appropriately, Ruger has proved that true for decades.

And the problem with American AKs is that nobody who's actually good and gives a fuck is making an AK. Century hiring some shitheads to cobble together garbage I don't think counts as a good try.

7.62 Arsenal or a Chink preban
5.45... Arsenal
5.56 Beryl

5.45 has very light recoil so it's fun for longer range sessions. No experience with suppressed 5.45
7.62 has rougher recoil, and tend to be slow.
protip : grills will love an aksu with a red dot.

That gets brought up a lot, but realistically you aren't hitting anything past 400 yards with either

The RAS47 explodes, the WASR does not.

I would go 7.62 just for ammo availability.
Wasr10 or Npap for under $600. both have their pros and cons do your research.
You can defiantly spend more if you want.

Dude I have a pristine Norinco. Say what you like about the Chinks but they build better AK's than the Americans and this reputaion is backed all over the net.
AKOU had a RAS47 trunion break after 25 rounds.

he was bullying gypsy gats, not chink ones

>Casting CAN work
The RAS47 is a budget rifle and century cut too many corners getting it too the market.

I understood that, I was simply stating that I don't have a shitty WASR either.

What works better out of a short barrel, 7.62 or 5.45?
I want to make an AKS74u clone in the future, and I heard that something in 5.45 that fits the bill like an Arsenal 107ur is going to be more expensive, have more expensive ammo, with less common mags, and also keyholes 5.45.
7.62 seems to have a lot more advantages outside of authenticity.

That AKOU test was bullshit. I guarantee you that my RAS will outlast that chink sheetmetal gun and your gypsy made WASR. It's ironic that Americans can take a communist weapon and build it better than actual communists.

I think 7.62 is better, you lose much less bullet velocity, but it's also loud as fuck.

Yes, the RAS47 is an example of very bad casting.

I've been seeing those for $3k. Seriously. Like 4 of them.

Maybe it will, I'm sure not all of them are shit but I wouldn't risk my money on a rifle with such a terrible reputation, Trust the Americans to fuck up the AK.

7.62mm with perform much better with a Krink length gun.
They balance a little bit differently though, you kind of really feel the weight of a loaded 30rd steel mag in the shorter gun, plastic mags are pretty appealing for these.

Attached: Yugo Carbine Black.jpg (1280x848, 554K)

10/10 Please don't stop! This is some of the best trolling I have seen on this board for months, if not years!

Seriously ROFLMAO.

My first AK was an RAS-47
I felt like the receiver was bent inwards, because occasionally the bolt would lock to the rear and you’d have to shove it forward, and other times it wouldn’t chamber if you just yanked the charging handle and let it slingshot back. You literally had to act like the charging handle was a forward assist and slam it home to get it to chamber.

Thing legitimately scared me to shoot it. Sold it as fast as I could.

Fun fact, the RAS47 is dangerously overgassed, because it's the only way Century can make it work, that's why it has that plastic recoil buffer on the guiderod. If you take that off, the bolt will batter the shit out of the kind of weak receiver.

I know this is bait, but holy fuck you're a retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfUOfDcLX0I

5.56 caliber AKs only

5.56mm AKs are pretty nice honestly.

Attached: Zastava M90P.jpg (1024x330, 149K)

Attached: 1522366096814.jpg (223x326, 15K)

>filename says AK-47
>picture is AKM
???

Attached: ap541979939481.jpg (2400x1362, 372K)

Are you really comparing a national arms factory that produces for military contract vs. some small enterprise in the US?