Security

Looking for a security dog, torn between German Shepherd and Rottweiler. Help me out Jow Forums, which one is better for a suburban area?

Attached: rottweiler-vs-gsd-1.jpg (792x897, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_tt9uhVsPc
youtube.com/watch?v=MYGNvlSlq6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=MQXTTar58Wc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any dog that barks is good to go. Don't get either of these dogs if it is your first. Go adopt an old yeller first.
Also, a lab will protect you as much as any dog and not attract unwanted attention or increased insurance rates.

Rotty for life
Far more body mass and strength at a loss of speed and agility where you get the swap with the kraut poodle

Rottweilers are the best guard dogs you can get.

Both are good boys
I prefer kraut shepherds a little bit but I've seen rottweilers that were based as fuck.

What does security mean? Barking? Biting?

>OP
Im looking fo a dog will protect my family when im not home.

What does this mean though? Bite intruders? Bark at people and provide a deterrent?

Pit bull my dude

>bite
>OP

I put a name in because I post the same shit in every thread like this

If you're going to have a dog to bite people, you have two choices. You can train the dog yourself, or buy a trained dog. I recommend buying a trained dog.

If you train the dog yourself, you have two more choices. You can have a dog that will bite on his own, and a dog that will never bite unless he is told to.

The dog that bites on his own is equivalent to a junkyard dog. He has the ability and mindset to bite anyone not part of his family group (even part of his family group if he's a shitty dog). This means you can never trust the dog, EVER. If you have company, you must lock up the dog. The mail man will get bitten. When the dog gets out, he will bite the neighbors. This is bad.

The other option is to have a dog that only bites on command. This takes a lot of training. My dog is very good at biting people, and loves to do it. He never bites people without the command to do so. Someone could break into my house while I am gone and he would probably bark at them,then smell them and get over it. This is what I want. I do not want a dog that makes his own decisions to bite people.

As one of my fed friends says, "The dog is there to help me make a decision. If someone hears the dog barking and still decides to break in, I'm just going to shoot them."

>security dog bark bark bark
Guard dogs are memes theyre just bark and no bite. Even if the dog stupid enough to bite a human hes gonna get shot multiple times by home intruder.
p.s. courts have ruled its lawful for police officers to gun down your dog if they see it fit so and cant be prosecuted.

Rotties are better all around house dogs. GSDs are often over bred and suffering from hip displaysia. Healthy lines are typically bred to work and thus have massive exercise/training needs.

This guy is right. Almost any sizeable dog will bark enough and loudly enough to scare off your typical burglar. Remember the goal isn't to kill the burglar it's to get the burglar to pick a different house.

Dogs are overrated

Attached: a18e770f967035851c04955663051bb1.jpg (640x632, 345K)

If you want a big intimidating looking dog that will scare your average burglar to death get a Newfie. Great family dogs but can be downright terrifying when they need to be.

Get a Ridgeback. My boy hates niggers.

Attached: IMG_0329.png (750x1334, 1.48M)

Australian Shepherd, but only if you are able to exercise it very often as they go insane if left alone for long stretches of time with nothing to occupy them. Don't be one of those people who gets a guard dog but can't provide the correct care to keep them sane and happy.

Attached: AusShepherd.jpg (450x427, 56K)

Battle bunny :3

I like rotts. Never had one. People next door had one that got left outside a lot and that was kind of her only reason for being around. She liked me though. Stupid family didn't know she got off the chain one day and started wondering off into streets. Had to go get her myself. I'm a gsd guy. If you are firm but loving as an owner they seem to have the most fighting spirit. They also have an excitement to them if they think they might get to fuck something up. I also think they are smarter than other dogs.

second for pitt
my boy is chill as fuck unless he's in between anyone in my home and a stranger
literally the scariest dog because every retard I've talked to thinks it's a killing machine. he's an extremely sweet boy until strangers walk in to the house. however plays like a puppy in the park with all size dogs and people.
easy to train
Will defend you no if, and or but.
don't get it from bubba, get it from a breeder.

get yourself a bun bun. they can fuck you up good if they are pissed. the only problem is training a bun bun to attack intruders but think about this. Who in the fuck is going to expect an attack rabbit? no one. no one would even think of a rabbit as a threat, the poor fool would probably even go in to pet it. but your trained attack hip hop would tear Jamal's throat out and if he lived he would have to say it was a fucking rabbit that kicked his ass. all im saying is that an attack rabbit has it's difficulties, but it has some major potential.

i second this

My nigga, Ridgebacks makes excellent doggos

Attached: đź‘Ś.png (1440x1431, 1.34M)

>Caucasian Shepard
>BATFags didnt bring enough firepower
>BATFags have to retreat
>bear dog has nice new fed flavored chew toy
>you get to live to shoulder an arm brace another day
>have take second mortgage out on house and work three jobs to feed ice age mega fauna hold over of a dog

Rottweiler because they are funny.

My neighbor had a pretty badass Doberman a few years ago. Check those out.

We adopted a great pyrenees, he's got a hella loud bark but only goes off if I'm not home or if it's something I can't see. If it's just my GF home, he gets between her and the stranger and boofs. He's a rescue so he get's a little edgy around food and strangers, but he's a Good Boy who mostly just wants to lay in the bushes and get pets, but goddamn does he have a loud bark.

In my area at least, you can always find a few Pyrenees or mixes up for rescue, they're big doggos and a lotta people can't handle that. You HAVE to train in, you HAVE to establish that you are in charge, otherwise the dog won't listen.

Attached: wumpus1.jpg (750x1334, 176K)

A cat is good too.

Attached: 1521623578652.jpg (325x307, 20K)

Jagd terrier (German Hunting terrier) will swing off a 100kg boars nuts like its a carnival ride.
Can train to hunt small medium and large game.
Will neuter any Nog's faster than they can say "ayo man is that a big ass r....GIT DIS DAM THING OFFAME NIGGUH"

Both are decent tier. Shepards are overbred and rotties can have a bad character.

not a fan of pitbulls

excellent choice

take this, if you want to guard sheep

these are huge and sleep a lot. Personally never seen em used for guarding

top tier, check small kid friendlyness

good choice for rural, not sub urban

Most default breeds have been mentioned and are all heavy duty guard dogs. You are fine with getting a family dog, most breeds larger then 30kgs will work.Personally great fan of Weimaraners

Well at least you aren't retarded enough to say "what about a pit bull?"
Still, Rottweilers are dangereros and German Shepards are working dogs. You want a dog that sits around indoors? What you want is a Basset Hound. Or if you have LDS a Bloodhound

>getting a bull baiting dog to protect your family

think about this OP
I'm going to sugest a pit bull
people will go on about how pit bulls are the devil and will shake your baby.
however these niggers will also tell you they would brake into your house or kill your property. these are the niggers you need protection from.
go to a kennel and buy from an American pit bull breeder, talk to them about facts and stats.
weight the opinion of a pro vs a retard wannabe criminal posing as a tough guy in a Vietnamese noodle folding board.

pit bulls suffer from the same rep as rotties but niggers are terrified of them. they are sweet, compact, aesthetic as fuck, and make great guard dogs as they are territorial about home and their family.
any neglected or abused dog is going to act crazy.
any dog you spend time socializing and even half ass training will let you know if someone is braking in.

Attached: images.jpg (239x211, 10K)

>not a cat is fine too
son I am disappoint

Fuck you dude look at my battle buddies

Attached: IMG_20170801_031424_01.jpg (3085x2272, 1.88M)

Dobermans are a no-no.Dilated cardiomyopathy is very common,undetectable and kills without warning.

Pitbull fag .worthless ghetto poodles , anyone who seriously thinks this is a fucking autist . Pitbulls are trash .

t. mommy got fucked by a pit bull

best dogo coming trough

Attached: images-3.jpg (300x168, 10K)

as long as it's not those american frog legs german shepherds, almost any shepherd, even if it's some mixed kind, is an excelent guard dog

I have a gsd and a mixed canadian shepherd (with some mutt that jumped the fence of my friend's house), both are excelent, but gsd are siimply almost maintence free, I haven't got any problems so far and its been almost a decade.

Also, check this channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=V_tt9uhVsPc

Attached: 12803289_1974697772583909_8351516064846143686_n.jpg (736x552, 57K)

Literal embodiment of ghetto niggers. Warm cuddly and friendly early on, only to snap and maul the wrong person/animal at the wrong time. Irrational dogs for owners with self esteem or power tripping attitudes, typically a mix between guys who wanted a scary looking dog, and middle aged feminists who haven't found a husband. Very few pit bull owners actually know how to raise them in the first place.

>As one of my fed friends says
>in a dog thread

I knew a guy whose wife was this hot, but very powerful horse girl (the guy was kind of puss whipped) I remember helping him install some metal railing into some concrete, and whenever anyone walked down their driveway, their 8 or so AustraliaN shepherds would growl and close in on them unless a second person was there, and the only person who could tell them to screw off was the wife. Don't marry horse girls.

his girlfriend left him for his pitbull.
literally the only breed that will protect his territory and family against a 3000lb horny beast

Attached: images-5.jpg (266x190, 9K)

Neither.

GS have mental problems, Rotts are too aggressive.

this guy is correct. YOU are the deterrent, the dog is just an alarm. there isn't a dog in the world that can't be kicked or stabbed to death

>tfw you're from Rottweil

Attached: 1496985186737.png (554x400, 52K)

>afraid of a fucking cow
Now I know that you're either a faggot or a woman

That's why you have 5 dogs to out number the intruder's 2 legs.

I'm not the one terrified of pitties and I was talking about (you)

Attached: images-4.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Get a Great Pyrenees. My girl is half GP and half English Springer.
>She's big and has a booming bark
>Territorial and regularly patrols the property
>Can tell the difference between friends and strangers
>Loves people and is great with small kids and pets (is literally the only big dog allowed on the puppy side at the dog park)
>Needs lots of hugs and pets to operate at maximum efficiency
>Honestly the best dog I've ever met and I'm not just saying that

Attached: dune2.jpg (648x432, 70K)

>"literally the only breed that will protect his territory and family against a 3000lb horny beast"
You're afraid of a cow. I personally think that pit bull owners should neutered by their own nut grabbing pets.

>american frog legs german shepherds
Please fucking tell me this isn't real. I refuse to believe someone would genetically mutilate a dog in such a manner.

>like poetry

Attached: 1524756765578.jpg (720x474, 97K)

No. Ill-displined and aggresive, while also being dumber than a sack of potatoes. Fuck no.

numales emasculated by the best doggo.

Attached: pitbull-photos-23.jpg (660x660, 116K)

A dog won't save you. I say this as someone who has owned American bulldogs, GSDs, staffordshires, and several other badass breeds. The best guard dogs were a poodle and a feist. If your dog barks a lot it won't be good for the suburbs. A chihuahua or other small annoying dog will wake you up faster than a GSD and won't scare the neighbors or insurance company because soccer moms watch too much CNN. Chihuahuas also live longer, eat less, are generally healthier, and cheap. You can also get poodle. The smaller ones are more rowdy(which you're gonna want) and the bigger ones are chick magnets.
tl;dr dogs are alarms not body guards

>implying I like the dog equivalent of a nog

Kangals and GSDs are objectively better.

Attached: kangal.jpg (1311x983, 297K)

Cutting the ears off of your dog just so you can show the world just how much of nigger you are doesn't make anyone want to give you a job Jamal.

>f your dog barks a lot it won't be good for the suburbs.

How much spacing is between the homes? If they're practically glued together then yeah, but if the houses are spaced it isn't really a problem.

>mutilated doggo
Could be worse. Could be a lot worse.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (750x500, 28K)

I have had jack rusells my whole life, and theyre great. He'll, had one kill a small white tail doe by hanging on its neck. They are territorial, have a good bite, solid report in the bark, are fast, low to the ground, got a tail you can pick them up bu, and are very, very protective of their owners. Never seen a more stubborn or clever dog either. My first one figured out the gun meant I was gonna shoot something and would line right up so she could finish off the coon or possum once it fell out of the tree. Gotta train them young though, or they get mouthy. I just adopted a 1 hear old male who had been bounced between houses, and now I get a new scar at least once a week when i grab something he thinks is his. But hes learning. Just gotta hold them down enough.

Exhibit B. Is this a purely American thing or do other countries do this? Either way fucking nasty.

Attached: SUFFERING.jpg (400x400, 82K)

Oh yea, and I forgot to mention, they are small enough for people to say "awwww" while still being tougher than hell. Here's my curent boy.

Attached: JPEG_20180422_074718.jpg (3120x4160, 1.63M)

>American thing or do other countries do this?

Its not constrained to one country, unfortunately

Exhibit C. How did anyone this this is a good idea?

Attached: KILL ME.jpg (908x679, 389K)

Get an Irish wolfhound. Their fiercely loyal to their owners but are quiet and reserved despite their massive size. They also wont attack the mailman as they are pretty friendly to strangers unless they perceive them as threatening their owner. Also they were bred for hunting wolves.

Attached: Irish Wolfhound.jpg (220x293, 23K)

doesn't shed, soft as dawn, easily trained, good disposition, will wrestle for exercise instead of needing a wide open space plus regular walks. will protect animals and humans in his household, will dissuade niggers, will literally make brainlets and cowards poop their pants and denounce anyone near the breed.
it's a win win
as an owner I've heard all the bad rap about baby killers. still my pet is awesome.
get one from a breeder so you can avoid animals that have been bred for aggression or mistreated and you are good.

Attached: images-2.jpg (274x184, 15K)

From what i hear, they make fantastic family dogs but theyve lost a lot of their hunting drive over the generations. Would have one if I owned a farm though.

That's discouraging.

Attached: WWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYY.jpg (713x558, 151K)

Once I get a more solid career and my own place, I eventually want to raise a jack russell or some other smart terrier. I find terriers a lot more loyal than people give them credit for.

Not only that, my little boy here trained himself to hate nogs. Never barks at whites. But he has this habit of spooking nogs when we go for walks. Almost got in a fist fight the other day cause one wound back to kick him

If anything hearing these beta males talk shit about them makes me appreciate mine more. Kinda sad how a board that knows that the statistics about gun crime are bullshit doesn't realize the stats on dog bites are bullshit too.

>will wrestle for exercise instead of needing a wide open space plus regular walks
Is this a real theory of yours? Or are you just shit posting? Take your dog for a walk.

This right here is the companion of men and farm boys.

Attached: 1524933646531633223165.jpg (4160x3120, 3.3M)

Neighbor has a Weimriener. He says they have a tendency to “test boundaries” which he explained means the dog is an asshole.

every day to the open field full of other dogs, he finds other pits and wrestles them. it's awesome to watch them bump chests until they drop and are ready to go home.

>doesn't shed
Yes they do.
>soft as dawn
Won't argue.
>easily trained
Depends.
>good disposition
By default maintain some degree of aggression. They're breed for it. Other factors include being a rescue and ghetto trash dog.
>will wrestle for exercise instead of needing a wide open space plus regular walks
Almost like they were breed for something.
>will protect animals and humans in his household
Or mutilate them.
>will dissuade niggers
Like any other dogs
>will literally make brainlets and cowards poop their pants
Or be disgusted at the turbo doglet
>and denounce anyone near the breed.
I wonder why.
>still my pet is awesome
YOUR dog. I've seen enough aggressive pits to know they're aggressive little shits. Maybe it's just nogs + dogs = bad.

See, now that's a much needed clarification. I was imagining some neckbeard rolling around making out with his pet dog.

people are retarded and get legit downy inbred dogs because they are cheap or free because bubba let his dog out and it came back with exotics.
I also have a fem shepherd mix and they play tug until she looses her temper. the pit just has never been other than a gent.

kek.

not to mention people quoting reports from John bob saying it was a pitbull much like Jamal thinks all semis are glocks and ak15s

>Please fucking tell me this isn't real. I refuse to believe someone would genetically mutilate a dog in such a manner.

People that like those pugs things and other kind of dogs. German sheperds are aweseome because they function well, but those dog shows.. well see for yourself:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYGNvlSlq6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=MQXTTar58Wc

Attached: 1489713039503.jpg (653x960, 105K)

it's also that they are not more agresive that some other breeds but have the power to absolutely destroy lesser life forms
not gonna turn this into a gore thread but check out autopsy of a pitbull attack.
they are pretty metal.

Ban assault bunnies.

dumb frogposter

Get yourself a pair of these bad boys.
>They get fucking loud
>cheaper than owning a dog
>smart as fuck
>aesthetically pleasing

Drug dealers like using them and so should you.

Don't let theme lose of their haunt your local skies for ever.

Attached: macaw.jpg (770x405, 46K)

Why are there so many niggers on Jow Forums?

america

The gun death statistics are bullshit because niggers commit almost all of the crime.
The Pit bull statistics are apparently bullshit because Pit bulls commit almost all of the crime.
What is it like living with crippling cognitive dissonance?

Attached: mlzvu4j04wfz.jpg (720x718, 22K)

If you get a pit.
Only buy from a breeder that has dogs that are ukc/adba registered.

Or you're getting a mutt.
Unless that dog comes from recognized lines.
Your pitbull is a mutt.

I have this pit mutt.
Picked her up from some random on craigslist.
Dog was born December first.
Was told she isn't good with kids.

After two weeks of owning her, her shyness went from avoiding dogs and people; to actively trying to get to them and harm them.

If any person or aninal other than those in my household approach she goes ballistic.
Barking, growling; squealing and crying.

You do not want an unstable dog.
I love mutts, but unless you are taking the dog to a certified trainer that does personal protection and bite work- you can't just get any dog and expect it to save your life.

Attached: 20180418_154307.jpg (2576x1932, 2.61M)

I agree, been around dogs my whole life. Own a Rotty. The only dog I ever contemplated jumping over the fence at the dog park to get away from them where two Ridgebacks. They work in pairs great. Dog did not bark growl or anything other then to point toward me and give me that look! I have a new found respect for that bred.

Attached: image.jpg (125x83, 2K)

Boerboel

>GS have mental problems
What, from the get-go?
>/an/ thread
>recommending pitbulls
Nigga, what are you doing?

I have something just as good.

Attached: tiny enemy crab.jpg (2048x1536, 688K)

Dobermans tho, smarter than either and train to catch nogs

A Saint Bernard saved my life when I was 8 years old.

I've never seen any other dog quite like them... they are angels.

They will confront any danger with no fear. They will scare away any animal in North America. I have seen one, with my own eyes, chase off a Mountain Lion. I am certain had he got a hold of it, it would have died.

They will protect you untill they are physically unable to. They don't feel pain, and don't show it either. They don't live long, but their life is very potent, and will make an impression on you.

Though large, they will care for your young with great tenderness and caution. They understand how big they are, and the damage they can do.

I'm getting teary eyed remembering.

Attached: 4vo0tesrv6k01.jpg (756x908, 92K)

They only live to 6-8 years.

>hit its weakpoint for moderate damage

are you 12 or a city rat?

Attached: longhorn.jpg (2400x1600, 279K)

this. Cows and horses are strangely scary. Scary maybe isn't the right word, but I always feel unease near them.

Are American cows more well behaved than others around the world?

>a woman
The kind of person who gets right next to it and starts pulling them by the udders? Yeah, total wusses.