Are Marlins good still?

Are Marlins good still?

Attached: 41185.jpg (533x139, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/atnBbYZYl7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have to be over 18 to post here.

Pic related, would like to get one. Got a 336W in 30-30 a couple years back and I love it but I would like a nice 45-70 too. Guide gun looks sexy.

Is this a bad question?

Yeah, I agree my 336W is awesome, granted some guy bubba'd it to chamber 7.62x54r weird but pretty cool.

yes

The ones made decades ago are still good, if that's what you mean. :^)

>granted some guy bubba'd it to chamber 7.62x54r
you're gonna need to post a picture of that.

Attached: wm_3763634[1].jpg (4032x1425, 1.05M)

It's just a Marlin 336W I didn't even know until I got a call from the pawn shop manager an hour after buying it telling me not to shoot 30-30 in it since he wasn't there at the time to tell me, you wouldn't be able to tell at any glance, how 54r even fits in the magazine tube is a massive mystery to me. I can take a pic but it's still just a Marlin 336W

That's bad-ass. I kinda want to buy it from you

make a gif of loading it. sounds pretty fucking neat, I'd buy it off you in a heartbeat.

My friend said the same thing and then I let him fire it...he doesn't want it anymore.

Noob time here I guess, I don't know how to make a gif and only use a flip phone...

>and only use a flip phone
what in the fuck

Just make a video and upload it to dropbox. You have a camera, right?

No and what's Dropbox?

Guys, I live in the middle of nowhere I don't know much about tech.

>Last place in NL East
But for real though, Marlin guns are Boomer/Fudd-core.

I bought a 336 30-30 win in 2013 and it was shit.
>finish would rust a day after cleaning just by sitting around
>the rifle came with the buttstock not properly attached to the reciever
>shitty sights were off and to the left

Marlin has improved since 2016. From what I've heard, QC is still hit or miss, but overall quality is improved. I have a mid 2017 and it's fine. I wanted a gun that I could abuse and I have no guilt with a new production. If I got a JM stamped one, I'd baby it like my pre 64 winchester 94.

DONT.
For the love off christ do not load 7.62x54r in a tubular magazine.
You can risk primer strike from the tip of the bullet contacting the primer.

Whoever modified that gun is retarded or was firing shaved tippes 7.62r

Id even be hesitant firing soft tips out of it.

You do not want multiple 762r exploding in front of your face

Attached: ek pm 5-22 008.jpg (640x480, 46K)

youtu.be/atnBbYZYl7I
Probably his shittiest video but yea.

being surplus ammo or shit quality as its mainstay. ....

Yea i like my forearm where it is

>they dont know
The rim misaligns the bullet tip from the primer. They dont sit square in the tube. they all ride point down, tip to brass.

>I need 2 hands
No you dont you little faggot, when you where born you where given 2 hands. And guess what, you can live with one or none. Live your life a little bit.

Would that work with ballistic tips, though?

Maybe?
Idk.

Id still stay away

In a tube its not designed for maybe. But under full spring tension (a loaded tube) the bullets can still align with the primer.

Yes, and glocks explode, 5.56 in a .223 is extremely dangerous, and assault rifles will blow a deer in half.

I feel like there's some legitimacy to not wanting rifle rounds butted up tip to primer.
>drop gun
>chainfire in mag tube
>gun blows the fuck up
no thanks.

They're not tip to primer though. Thats what im telling you.

Fuck off cunt. Why do you think that no tube fed levergun uses 308 or 3006?
The only one that does is the henry. And it has a box mag.

They dont have to be touching in the resting position. The fact that they COULD touch is the issue. Loading would also be relatively dangerous

This isnt really an arguement. Leverguns have been around for over a century and the only ones that fire spitzers are box mag or hornady leverlution

And what the fuck man? 556 in a 223 chamber is dangerous as in it can fuck up your chamber and cause massice damage to your barrel.

Ive seen a video of a guy (rip) shooting 3030 out of a mosin. You can. Doesnt mean its good for the gun

308 and 30-06 aren't rimmed
And how would loading be dangerous? What level of force could you even exert by just loading?

meh

user, I would agree with your assessment on the 45-70. That might get me into reloading; those rounds are not cheap

Idk. I would just be still incredibly uncomfortable with a spitzer bullet in a tube
That and ive experience rechambers...

You ever fire modified 257 roberts out of an arisaka?
Mfw my life flashes before my eyes every trigger pull

Attached: 12229707.jpg (445x503, 38K)

looking to pick up a 45x70 lever gun. I like their modern bush gun, i believe it is the 1895.

Anyone have a modern, non jm stamped, 1895?

I'd rather get a Rossi over a newer Marlin, honestly.

308 is 30 cal and yes they do have 308mx in a 336w style rifle

Respect.
Bitch

Pre 64 wins are nice and collectible. But the Miroku plant Winchesters are better than any other winchester

>Miroku
Chink Nigger

>Japan
>chink
There's a world beyond your trailer park, bubba

Attached: WhereYouGoinCityBoy.jpg (299x321, 24K)

>granted some guy bubba'd it to chamber 7.62x54r
>pointed bullets hitting primers
wew

Now I want an 8mm lebel lever gun.

That was right around when Remington acquired them, I've heard they have improved a lot since then.

I bought pic related new and the loading gate was so fucking stiff I couldn't figure out why. At first I thought it was because it was new but nope. The internals of this piece of shit looked like they went at it with a file. Ontop of that I experienced failures to feed constantly. I had to go in and polish and replace half the fucking internals to make it work.

Attached: 20180205_220320.jpg (3960x1262, 2.58M)

I don't get it. They have pic related, and 357 with it on their website. However, it seems like no one has them in stock. Is this just a teaser for a release date, or can this gun be ordered?

I ask because it's been 6 years since marlin made a 357 lever action. Any used ones are over 900 dollars. I just want this so bad, dammit.

Attached: Screenshot_20180428-165745.png (1440x2560, 430K)

Yeah I've never seen any new ones for sale either. I would totally grab one if the store price was closer to $500.

Weak fingered basedboy.

JTM?

> 500
I wish, but new ones would be more if they released the 357 lever gun. High demand I tell ya

You've clearly never shot a levergun

I do, 1895 gbl and i fucking love it,
Work i have done;
Debur the entire feed bath with a 600 grit diamond rod
Lube then cycle the action for 30 min
Removed the too tall factory front post and replaced with one proper height (.260)
Loctited the front sight base screws (they werent tightened properly)

The front sight was slightly crooked but that didnt really bother me, the badly finished internals and lack of loctite on screws was irritating, but it runs like a dream and shoots better than i can.

Thanks for the reply mate good info here

Just calm down faggots. Everything will be fine.
Make sure the that perfect .35 Remington 336 is ready.

Yeah and dont keep your mags loaded or the springs wear out! Fuck out of here with that fudd shit grandpa.

I got a Rossi R92 is .44 mag. Love the shit out of mine.

Not OP, it's actually true.

Same. I have a Rossi 92 in .357 mag and love it. But I could see myself buying a Marlin in 45-70 in the near future.