I have plenty of money. I lift. I want something really stupid to blow money on

I have plenty of money. I lift. I want something really stupid to blow money on.

That being said, where the fuck do I buy a version of this? Executioner swords have always been sick nasty

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (1440x1440, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hermann-historica.de/en/torture_instruments/a_german_executioners_sword_dated_1674/l/169772?aid=166&Lstatus=0&Accid=1723¤tpos=1
myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=7367
myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=15866
historica-arma.de/historische-waffen/blankwaffen/richtschwert-deutsch-um-1630/
lutel-handicraft.com/
hmb.ch/sammlung/object/basler-richtschwert.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grind the top of a cold steel claymore?

They pop up at auctions every now and then. Hermann Historica for example often has some for sale (check under judicial/torture instruments in the catalogue). Including one in the current auction: hermann-historica.de/en/torture_instruments/a_german_executioners_sword_dated_1674/l/169772?aid=166&Lstatus=0&Accid=1723¤tpos=1

Beware though, as with torture instruments and the like there are plenty of 19th century replicas floating around. So what's being sold as an authentic 18th century one may in fact be a wallhanger of half that age. IIRC Hermann Hisrtorica is pretty good at beign honest about it (so it'll say "in the style of the XXth century" or "historismus" if they think it's a more recently made thing). But they too can be fooled.

For things made in the current day I don't think there's any to be found "off the peg", you'll have to go for a custom order instead. Which doesn't have to be all too expensive with many of the east European makers. Elgur or Vladimir Cervenka maybe?

Attached: IMG_1560.jpg (812x1441, 254K)

An Executioner's sword is top-heavy so that way one can cleave someone's head off, the Claymore kind of tapers off at the end

I knew you trip coded f-words were good for something you,thank you

Well, he'd chop off that tapering part, which'd pull the relative centre of mass back a bit. But yeah, that kind of modification will at best give you something vaguely resembling an executioner's sword, not a good reproduction (in looks, balance or function) of one.

A bit of reading for the interested, the guy to pay attention to in particular is Peter Johnsson, one of the better swordsmiths currently breathing.
myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=7367
myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=15866

I'm glad I could help.

Attached: 68206.jpg (123x600, 7K)

Pic from the German Blade museum in Solingen.

I only once saw a well made replica of a executioners sword, custom Czech blade and swiss made fittings and inlays.

historica-arma.de/historische-waffen/blankwaffen/richtschwert-deutsch-um-1630/

Attached: RIMG0038.jpg (1280x960, 108K)

>executioners sword of the free city of Basel
>blade from the 14th century
>new handle from the 16th century
>likely in continuous use until 1797, killing people for 450+ years
Those swords come with a history.

Attached: csm_8616_www07_1870-529_shmjan_D004_Vogteischwert_eb6718d889.jpg (960x556, 72K)

No info on this one, but it is a modern day copy, good luck OP

Attached: e1463038bfdac309bd47dd70bde70e49.jpg (900x655, 96K)

14th century? Sounds like they took an old Oakeshott type XIII and chopped off the tip when they re-hilted it.

I don't think it's in their regular catalogue, but that clearly a Lutel.
lutel-handicraft.com/

Attached: Tyskland ca1700.jpg (584x2447, 79K)

hmb.ch/sammlung/object/basler-richtschwert.html
Sometime between 1286 and 1386

Attached: 09b Coburg 208kl.jpg (500x749, 219K)

They seem dead set on not giving us a good, full profile view, but form what's there it certainly does look like a type XIII with the tip cut off. This also fits the overall time period much better, the type XIII was popular when that blade was forged, whereas the squared-off Executioner's sword shouldn't be around until the 16th century. Cutting off the tip as they re-hilt it explains everything neatly.

Attached: IMG_7772_zps802bada2.jpg (1024x250, 16K)

go smith one for yourself, it's a simple shape.

>go smith a sword before you have any experience at all
Hmmmm

Someone's been reading his Wolfe.

Attached: 1513211701681.jpg (1200x470, 80K)

>Executioner swords
Just finish reading Book of the New Sun OP? If you haven’t the main character carries an executioners sword.

Attached: 0F5BFB45-F587-4BA2-B01D-702DE1AA0623.jpg (318x463, 68K)

>If you haven’t the main character carries an executioners sword

how severe is his autism?

Off the charts. Still manages to slay some mad pussy.

You're missing that swords are very much three dimensional things. The profile outline here may be somewhat simple, but the actual shape is considerably less so.

>The blades are very stout at the base (some 7-8 mm thick, sometimes more) and often taper dramatically during the first third of the blade. The outer third of the blade is usually very thin (0.8 - 1.5 mm at the very tip and perhaps 2.5 mm at the start of the cutting section). The section is a very acute lenticular shape.

So in the outer section you have a lenticular blade of relative constant thickness, but in the upper third we instead find a dramatic distal taper, all of this nicely blended together. Making something like that is far less trivial than simply cutting a shape out of thin bar stock and grinding on edges.

Here's an executioner's sword which, past its working life, was re-hilted with the hilt of a cavalry officer's sword. I suspect at least the flanking ones in your pic are in the same vein.

Attached: Executioner b.jpg (1296x972, 682K)

Pretty fucking high actually. Granted he was also raised in a guild of tortuers so he’s a little messed in the head.

>manages to slay some mad pussy.
Both figuratively and literally.

He has it because he's an executioner.

If anything is a kind of Chad autism. Like he’s a little on the scale, but he just uses it to his advantage.

I've read it like 4 times and I still have no idea what the fuck is going on half the time. Severian is the most unreliable narrator ever.

Like what little details and stuff? Some of that is a little murky, but overall I didn’t think it was to bad. Did you read Urth of the New Sun too?

>Here's an executioner's sword which, past its working life, was re-hilted with the hilt of a cavalry officer's sword. I suspect at least the flanking ones in your pic are in the same vein.
Why the fuck would they do that? Like those blades had the most serious social taboos on them, simple touch would make a honest man dishonest. On top of that theres wheel and gallows on most of them just so everyone knows whose blade it is.

>Why the fuck would they do that?
>Ha, miscreant of the lowest stature, lower even than a negroid, not only will I end you life! No! I will also end it with a blade that ended your kind before and numerous times!

user I assume you don't really understand the social stigmata executioner tools had at the time. No honest person would touch one.

The one I posted has been preserved in the Royal Armoury in Stockholm, and bears an inscription about having beheaded an nobleman of some note, so odds are that it was turned into more of a ceremonial/commemorative item than something anyone expected to use. The ones in user's pic may likewise have been turned into ceremonial swords, things to show that the court held power over life and death, than swords to fight or even behead with. It's quite possible that a number of the regular-looking executioner's swords were also made for such a purpose rather than to actually be used in executions, Peter Johnsson does speak of some of the old ones being rather blunt and clumsy compared to the rest. So while may seem appealing to some, that's probably not what it was all about.

Pic: Swedish executioner's axe, last used May the 18th, 1876.

Attached: utstlln393.jpg (1530x1083, 393K)

>Peter Johnsson does speak of some of the old ones being rather blunt and clumsy compared to the rest.
There are some rare examples of highly decorative executioners swords, those trace their origin as wedding gifts between executioner clans. Executioner work was hereditary because of the social stigma that goes with it, but also exceptionally well payed, this lead to family clans holding executioner office for generations.
However no normal person would ever go near such a blade, walking around with a wheel and gallows on your sword was the equivalent of tattooing "proud child rapist" on your forehead.

Well considering that image is directly from DS2, probably not. God I loved that sword. Absorbed just enough mana to keep my pyro going and it hit like a fucking truck

Nah, more like they were either ceremonial symbols, the executioners themselves were simply making the best of it by embracing the stigma ala thug life, or they were British.

Just look at it like white collar fucks who look down on blue collar fucks so the blue collar guys go "fuck you at least I provide and I'm good at my job" before slapping some job related sticker on the back window of their truck

Yeah, just being associated with the executioner would mean you completely fall off the social ladder and end up at the lowest place late medieval /early modern social hierarchy had to offer. You literally became pariah, banned from normal jobs, normal neighborhoods and normal people, forever, everywhere and the same goes for your children and their children.

What section of the blade was aimed at the neck? Terzo? Foible?

Foible. It's what physics dictate, it's what the thin outermost third these swords tend to have show they were made for, and it's what things like "There is one executioners sword in Skokloster armoury that looks like it has a regular double edged blade, but it´s the last 6 inches that are sharpened" tells us.