You've just been given the opportunity to re-design your country's service rifle, what do you do?

You've just been given the opportunity to re-design your country's service rifle, what do you do?

Here's what I'd do:
>Bullpup
>Polymer handguard & stock
>Delayed blowback operation
>Bolt hold-open catch
>Rail on top for mounting optics (Red-dot is std issue)
>Long bolt travel so that it never hits the back of the receiver (like in an Ultimax or MP40)

Attached: rszzu3pw22t01.jpg (720x534, 36K)

Whatever platform it ends up being, I'd make sure it's chambered in 6.5x55 or 6.5 CM.
6.5 is the true master race of calibers.

I would design a Bullpup SIG550 I guess

Attached: 1579121318.jpg (400x272, 17K)

Ditch that piece of shit FAMAS, don't buy the overhyped HK416, get something like CZ-805s, F88s or Sig 556s in 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC. Hell, even the Zastava M-something in 6.5 the Serbs are beginning to field sounds nice, especially if the removers enter the EU.
Then the French service rifle will be unfucked.

16 inch Midlenth gas m4 in a 6mm of some kind.
Controls would not change and most parts would be interchangeable.

>Bullpup
>Delayed blowback operation
>>>>>>>>Red-dot is std issue

Attached: 1459461509158.gif (400x276, 716K)

I do the same thing that always happens when we do this. I blow a ton of money on hookers and blow, stuff my pockets with as much graft as I can, and then reject whatever prototypes my fag engineers came up with because it’s not better enough.

6.5 would be cool, but I'd reckon you'd almost need a bullpup to get enough barrel length to make use of it at longer ranges in a compact enough package to make it viable in more cramped areas.
I really don't envy the poor sap who has to stand in the line of fire for all the complaints you'd inevitably get after replacing the old and familiar with something new, and then having to go through them to filter out the whining from the legitimate concerns.

I'd make it in .280 british
More power & velocity than a 5.56mm, easy recoil in full auto

>Bullpup
>all bullpups suck but this one totally won't
>fuck left-handed people (let's make 10% of our troops less effective)

Yeah, fucking "left handed" hipsters can get fucked. Take your hand crafted fixie of hand mined queef-forged Italian steel to pieces and shove it up your ass. Pandering to the left handed is on the same level as pandering to black women wanting more ethnic cultural bug infested dreadlock hairstyles. Left handed people with their artistic leanings are the devil's instrument and should be staked together with the witches, communists and masturbaters.

Attached: 12d.jpg (567x561, 57K)

>6.5 master race
wrong
6.2 mm is king

Attached: iu[2].jpg (880x660, 170K)

just take a Desert Tech MDR, give it a 19 inch barrel and make it in 6.5mm Grendel

boom, perfection

Attached: Desert Tech MDR.png (1326x787, 223K)

>gasses your eyes out

Do the ww2 thing where infantry get battle rifles and crew/service people get a carbine.

For the carbine think 11.5 ar upper on a SCR lower with a 30 rounds mag. Should weight about 6 lbs fully loaded.

For the main battle rifle thinking of a g3 clone or fn fal. Also after your done with your service you keep the gun you were issued.

I'd use the M4 platform as a base.
>Chambered for 6.5 Grendel or .300 Blackout
>Colt Commando fire-selector (pic related) to reduce ammo waste
>Use a low-profile gas block with a mid-length gas tube
>Keymod rail system
>Detachable BUIS with tritium inserts
>Maybe a piston system if the problems with the things get sorted out

Attached: commando.jpg (800x533, 39K)

wont be an issue when your eyes are made out of rare metals, glass and plastics

Attached: japanese manufactured artificial eyes.jpg (800x411, 176K)

I'd require my country's service rifle to be one available for civilians. If that means bolt action with seven round clipazines and no shoulder thing that goes up, so be it. If that means repealing the 1934 bullshit, America can be great again.

FN FAL 50-63 with wood furniture and the 17.16" barrel, but chambered in 6,5 Creedmoor or 7-08 Rem.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x640, 176K)

> make 10% of our troops less effective
I assume youre talking about the L85? In that case:
> everyone gets taught to shoot right handed, seeing as vast majority of new recruits have never shot before it doesnt make a difference
> the average right hander using his rifle left handed will be less effective anyway seeing as shooting lefty isnt something that is massively practiced, seeing as its only really useful for right hand corners
> so would you rather your infantryman can fire lefty but will be less accurate and therefore not be putting down effective fire, thus recieving more fire, vs him being a bit more exposed shooting righty but laying down accurate and effective fire thus decreasing the amount and effectiveness of fire recieved

Personal
Anti Material
Bullpup
Squeeze Bore
Rifle

Its not like these god dam idiots can shoot center mass past 5 fucking meters so might as well shoot until there is nothing left.
Dead fucking serious.

I would rather he used a firearm that allows both left and right handed shooting without getting a mouth full of brass.

Ur a faggot
And a nigger

Bring the M14 back and give it an actual bayonet

I would rather shit solid gold, doesnt mean its gunna change anything.

At least im not a niggerfaggot

AR bolt in an AK shape rifle with collapsible stock and with a lightweight quad rail, 1:7 chrome lined barrel, railed AK dust cover with ACOG standard issue,
would be 5.56 but capable of installing an AK barrel and mags with no tools, to convert to 7.62 or 5.45
5.56 but would

Light fast and flat bullets:

Have and M-16's chambered in 5.7X28 in normal box mags that use the normal mag well instead of those gay top loading magazines. have two men in the squad have 6.5 CM AR-10's

Modern AR-18 (or some AR-18 derivative) chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

>M16 platform
>semi auto only
>side charger
>20 round magazines
>integral carry handle
>wood furniture
We won't go quietly, the Legion can count on that.

Attached: FNV_Service_Rifle_All_Receiver.png (3000x800, 814K)

Mg 42 but it is bigger and fires 30mm. Gau8 cross mg42. Then we build men specifically to fire it. Fuck recruitment when we can breed Chads.

based

>Use XM8 as base
>Chamber in 6.5CM telescoped to save weight/ammunition space, also reduces travel length of bolt.
>Incorporated delayed-blowback, only downside is single and burst fire mode will be the only two options, MG variant will have automatic only, thus a different delayed recoil method better fitting for sustained fire.
>Get rid of combat tupperware body and use stronger, lightweight metals. Preferably aluminum alloys.
>Standard issue will come with a 3.4x magnification RDS with a mini non-magnified RDS on top for close and distanced engagements.

Could have more, but nothing else I can think of off the top of my head.

FONV was the best FO

Standardize on .264 USA.
Rifles are standard configuration, side charging with nonreciprocating handle that can easily be switched to the other side, ambidextrous controls, eject forward.
M-LOK foreend.
Red dot is standard issue, variable zoom magnifier is standard. Other optical accessories are available as needed.

A bullpup version of the above will be developed and issued to vehicle crews and other roles where weapon size is a major factor.

Also, the sidearm is chambered in 8x25mm (10mm necked down to 8mm). Sidearm is capable of full auto, has a red dot, has an under folding stock. Sidearms will be issued to everyone, carried when off duty by all, carried when on duty by pretty much everyone who currently carries a sidearm. Can be carried by anyone on duty in a combat area.

You like the sight of your own blood?

>letting a tiny insignificant minority hold back the majority

You sound like a commie

>barrel life alone would eliminate that cartridge

>hk 416
>vudu 1-6
What do I win?

FAL

>Piston AR
>Keymod
>6.5 Grendel
>Silencer
>1-6x VLPO
>Bipod foregrip

>op
Nice meme gun, airshitter. Pic related, it's you.

>rk95 except 21rnd mags, 3rnd burst, chambered in 7.62x51

Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

Attached: vO7lRZ7_d.jpg (621x702, 16K)

The American 180 but in 5.7×28mm

user I'm left eye dominant and I shoot pistols with my right