Competition shooting general

I know some of you actually shoot matches whether you do it just for fun or to win. This can be our shelter from the people that still shoot using Weaver stance, swear by 3 dot sights, and don't own Salomons.

If you haven't done it before, competitive shooting is a great way to expand and improve your skillset. You can also make friends and even some day practice your bantz at matches with these friends.

Basic links:
uspsa.org - for Americans and Philippinos
ipsc.org/ipsc/ - for the rest of the world, namely Europoors
idpa.com - for those that like to wear fishing vests

Some places that sell gear:
shootersconnectionstore.com/Default.aspx
midwayusa.com/shooting-gear/c?cid=655
brownells.com
doublealpha.biz/holsters-and-rigs
blade-tech.com
benstoegerproshop.com
czcustom.com

GOAT competition forum:
forums.brianenos.com

Attached: 23099272_425664294502081_4763422608790126592_n.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_vjQrqFTG0
youtu.be/nWtHYYgw3q8
youtube.com/watch?v=p-4jYLUacIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's that shit on her forearm?

I think it's called a tattoo

>forearm tat
>white trash confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=U_vjQrqFTG0

13 year old girls can make GM, what's stopping you?

>not enough money
>i have a real Jow Forums job that i like that does not involve getting gibs from gun makers to be free advertising

I don't have unlimited money for custom guns and ammo.

>tfw she's a production GM shooting a fucking XD, so it's not like she's shooting a $1200 Stock II or some shit

nice excuses bois

Attached: 1502061974970.png (500x522, 128K)

fuck outta here pedo

stop obsessing over a little girl

>it's an other general
so, when are we getting a /kg/ board ?

nah i just like to hear retarded excuses and whinging from boomers about how being a GM requires so much talent and amazing genetics

>box of ammo 20-30$ (3-4 needed for competition)
>15 dollars in gas to get to my nearest competition range
>varying range registration fee to enter competition

I cant be spending 100-200$ every weekend senpai

Attached: 1507149872356.jpg (730x780, 402K)

fair

most people i know, even serious competition shooters, only shoot matches a couple times a month

I'll be out in the southwest this summer, abq. Is there any matches out there? I want to do a couple. I could do three gun or two gun but I don't have a great shotgun for 3 gun. How do I get involved or find matches in the area
> cetme c
> Bulgarian ak74
> gkk-92c
>stupid long cz pup shotgun

NRA has a listing of upcoming competitions all across the USA

>All shooters are sponsored

All you need is a Glock and a couple hundred dollars, you don't need an SVI to make GM. The only legitimate money sinks are time and ammo

A comp is at most $250 rounds aka $65 in 9mm with entry fee usually around $10, I cannot think of a time a comp has cost me much more than $100 and you don't have to go every weekend. Aside from this, dry fire is free.

Yeah there are matches out there but I don't know much about them in ABQ.

>A comp is at most $250 rounds aka $65 in 9mm with entry fee usually around $10, I cannot think of a time a comp has cost me much more than $100 and you don't have to go every weekend. Aside from this, dry fire is free.

>mfw thats my food budget for 2 weeks

Attached: DURR.png (548x685, 630K)

that's a 2 week food budget for most people. as a college student i probably paid ~$150 for 2 weeks of groceries

but thats almost half my 2 week paycheck

oof im sorry

best competition shooting coming through

Attached: sass3-sized.jpg (900x484, 137K)

It's the script from the inside of the One Ring

$100 a match is not that bad... It's also a generous estimate. People that go to the range and rent easily spend that much.

Even if you cannot afford uspsa which is a big if since you don't need to go every weekend or anything, you can still do steel challenge with a .22. if you can't afford that then I'm not sure how you can afford to even buy guns.

If quickdraw then
>Was bullets

If cowboy action
>Uspsa + time machine + Turk guns

Uspsa website has a list

>I work for $11/hr and can still afford to shoot an IDPA match and a 2gun match each month
Y'all don't shoot guns because you're too busy firing off excuses.

Attached: 1473393691667.jpg (239x283, 40K)

My home range, 5 min from my house, stopped doing competition night. I only went to 4 :'(

i make less than minimum wage, fite me

Who the fuck needs more than $40 a week for food
Get some fucking bread, sliced meats, frozen chicken, rice, cheese, potatoes, oatmeal, and tea. You can make anything you want from that shit and some flour, corn starch and spices.

>shoot isosceles
>feet square to target
>GOTTA GO FAST
>get into defensive shooting
>feet go square
>get pushed
>fall over
>die
But hey at least you shaved some time off your scores and didn't look like an old person who shoots weaver before Jamal stabbed your ass.

>living somewhere where food scarcity does not make the price of basic goods outrageous... i pay at least 4 times more for eggs than people who live a few hours way

>Defending Weaver stance
>It's 2018

>Current year argument

Not being sarcastic here, but plebbit is more your speed, you'll enjoy that site more than this one, goodbye

Some roastie kuhscheiße not worth reading.

Why don't you shitpost in another thread instead of dropping ">go back to leave reddit" memes, it is clear you don't do any form of competition shooting so there is no need for you to contribute to the post limit here with your Weaver stance crap that literally no one respectable in either competitive or competition circles teaches anymore

Get a better job loser lmao

This thread has turned into poor anons explaining how they cannot afford top ramen and more well off ones calling them out

Attached: Shadow2BandBWeb.png (1070x713, 223K)

youtu.be/nWtHYYgw3q8

I am hazguns and eat ramen 2 times a day, so what?

>justifying bad habits for defensive shooting because MUH COMPETISHUNS
This is why the topic doesn't get discussed here
The CZ section of the Brian Anus forums is more your speed.

Has Jade surpassed Tori as the #1 Jow Forums waifu?

youtube.com/watch?v=p-4jYLUacIM

Attached: jadestruck_27_4_2018_1_26_2_439.jpg (1080x810, 54K)

It's not bad habits you scrub, no one teaches Weaver anymore for good reason, grandpa. I bet you shoot like shit but excuse it by saying that doing it better would not be "tactically applicable"

I get a weird vibe from Tori solely based on her videos and pics. Jade just seems cool

Attached: 1524034646136.jpg (693x1153, 176K)

Is that supposed to be difficult? Why would I need to publicly display my competence with a handgun?

>t. dyel

Is there an advantage a hammer-fired gun has over a striker-fired gun (or visa-versa) for pistol competition?

I wanna get into competitive shooting, and am thinking of either a PPQ or Grand Power K100

Attached: 1520999227790.jpg (1078x1078, 46K)

>when choice of waifus boils down to two 24 karat mouth breathers is life even worth living anymore

Single action: nicer trigger than double action or striker.
Double action: allows for a second trigger pull in case of failure to fire
Striker fire: allows for single, consistent trigger pull compared to DA/SA.
Single Action Only pistols are less common than DA/SA pistols, but I would pick a SAO over a striker if my only criteria was performance.