Why do military guys hate on airsofters so much?

I am the capitan of my airsoft team and I make YouTube videos about gear. All the comments I get on my videos are people calling me a “pussy taking mommy’s money to cosplay my favorite seal”.. I’m just sick of the harassment. Air soft guys are tough and in a real world situation we would be good with tactics. I have over $5,000 worth of Crye Precision clothing and gear..people always call me a cunt because Crye is supposed to be for the military and not “faggots who shoot plastic bb’s”..I just feel like taking my YouTube channel down now

Attached: A5347764-9D92-437C-B223-3B50B6930F8F.jpg (936x1805, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arrse.co.uk/community/threads/6-main-section-battle-drills.113401/
youtu.be/q8FEtYjBYIs
youtube.com/watch?v=AR3T1nfi0H8
youtube.com/watch?v=nBkDLMrj71Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0jkTlmFHikg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's snowing outside but summer is already here....

Obvious bait is bait.

Attached: 1524171232787.gif (1000x773, 328K)

It’s a serious question and I would like a real answer

I almost thought you had legitimate questions but then realized when you said 'we would be good with tactics' that this was just bait

Because its larping and you are way to into it. Airsoft is a game not training.

Attached: 1509561830192.jpg (480x351, 46K)

You ever been the last one alive on your team, cornered in a shed surrounded by five 15 year olds with full auto plastic BB guns? That shit gets real. My friends mom had to take me to an urgent care center after being shot over 40 times at close range

I have no issues with it. There's quite a few active duty folks I know who'd love to get into airsoft, but can't because of reasons, e.g., being stuck in the barracks and aren't able to own airsoft stuff. Keep doing what you're doing brother.

They take themselves way too seriously.

That is it.

- _ -

Reported

probs same reason porsche guys hate on budget rides like mustangs and civic si's

-_-

Attached: 1507412585559.png (1499x1499, 1.66M)

You made me laugh/10

Attached: D034E33E-1CDC-44BC-B7F8-483A190B9EB7.jpg (750x736, 59K)

My issue is your guys youtube videos don't put airsoft in the title. I was watching a video about a mk18 upper and halfway in it I realised it was about airsoft

Post link to your youtube channel.

Because it's an affront to the fragile ego of a lot of people in the military. A large fraction of the military is composed of individuals that have really shitty life skills, poor emotional development, and absolutely no other accomplishment in their life, and are largely defined in their entirety by their affiliation with the service even though they never did anything remotely exciting or prominent in the military. This is compounded by the idiotic Jingoism and borderline deification of an institution that's half a step short of a job corps in the United States. Pumping people up on nationalism and conditioning them their whole lives to believe that the ground they walk on should be worshiped is a powerful tool, and the notion that no one else is allowed to play (pretend) if they haven't passed some magical bar floating in the sky is how it presents with a lot of these types. Tends to get lesser in the upper echelons of the Military like Special Operations, and people with other options in life, such as with Officers.

When the only thing that defines you as useful individual is the military, you tend to get huffy when people inch in on it, even if they're just pretending.

>My friends mom

grandma's basement dweller?

Attached: 1519516388176.png (645x729, 58K)

Attached: xfgkl6bl54lx.jpg (720x960, 59K)

Honestly though, isnt simply owning an AR15 and plate carrier larping too?
Its either deluded military wannabe, a self defense fantasy, or 'muh preparedness' post apocalyptic wanking.
The only difference is one you will shoot someone with, the other is an AR15.

You dumb faggots can't even put your clothes on frontwards

Yes but they arnt running around posting reviews of combat equipment for a game.

You wouldnt do the same shit IRL as you do in an airshit game if you knew it was actual life and death, not a minor owie. And knowing that while walking around trying for all purposes to look, sound and act like a Tier 1 operator when you dont even have the the knowledge a recruit two weeks into basic has is just cringe as all fuck.

I would argue that civilians who own ar15’s and practice shooting on a regular basis, are better trained than most in the military who never see combat

Who remembers when airsoft word filtered to "cowboys and Indians"?

you're not even trying

Attached: 1524936316361.jpg (600x600, 18K)

I'm aware that when I wear my chicom, and dry-fire my AK, that I'm larping. I don't pretend that what I'm doing is anywhere near the level of what real operators are doing. I don't show off what I'm doing. I don't pretend it's cool. When I do that, I'm just having fun, and maybe in the 1 in a billion chance I get in a shoot out, I'm not the guy who shits his pants, and drops his mag.

Quantify 'better trained'.

Shooting comfortably from a bench, taking your own time, or even just magdumping into a target from 25 metres away doesnt in any way make you trained. That stuff is but one part of shooting, which itself is just one part of soldiering. Its all well and good being able to put holes in paper from 300 metres when its a nice day and youre set up with your gucci rifle; its a different beast putting rounds on target when youve been sprinting up hills with all your battle rattle and taking return fire and maneouvering with your section or platoon.

Even then, the average civilian doesnt practice contact drills, battle drills, patrol skills, harbour drills or any of the other skills and drills that keep a soldier alive and in good fighting order in the field. Being able to hit paper a few hundred yards away from a comfy bench rest does in no way qualify as 'trained'.

Nice bait by the way.

Because shooting at the range makes you better at fire and maneuver drills, clearing buildings and trenches, working together with support weapons and indirect fire?

>Even then, the average civilian doesnt practice contact drills, battle drills, patrol skills, harbour drills or any of the other skills and drills that keep a soldier alive and in good fighting order in the field.
Checked, and post info regarding...

Does anyone here think airsoft with a less serious theme than modern tactical (with the tryhards that attracts) would be a blast? Part of me just thinks something like a cowboy theme would be really fun, but sadly the appropriate style airsoft guns for that tend to be rather expensive.

Hell yeah. Airsoft would be loads of fun if you had the right group and right mindset. Just shoot each other in the face, and have a good laugh. I think it would be fun to do a manhunt situation.

>Does anyone here think airsoft with a less serious theme than modern tactical (with the tryhards that attracts) would be a blast?
Its called Nerf.

Attached: 1522333345656.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Something that airsofters can implement in real world is room clearing and corners. Distances in those scenarios are so small that ballistics would have little difference.
Airsoft is for roleplaying and fun.
Because firearms and airsoft guns are fundamentaly different, one cannot efficiently implement tactics from one another.

Coming from an airsoft player.

Yeah just quit being a bitch and join a gang and do this shit for real

The problem with nerf is that the power and more expensive ammunition that's meant to be reused limits you to indoor/really short range outdoor use.

The basics are still going to be there though, same with any other sport/videogame involving trying to hit people with projectiles. Only time you really seriously stray from reality tactics wise is in arena shooters where you need to keep moving and shoot while doing so, and shooters where you have to shoot people a fuckton of times where minimising your exposure doesn't benefit as much and failure to do so can actually be beneficial in some cases.

it's called a joke you insufferable wojak poster

Mate thats like several pages worth of shit. Search on Arrse for it.

Battle drills:
arrse.co.uk/community/threads/6-main-section-battle-drills.113401/

Contact drills:
youtu.be/q8FEtYjBYIs yes I know it says SAS, they developed them and now its whats taught to everyone.

Patrol skills:
Hand signals, covert vs overt, obstacle crossing, formations, navigation, actions on various fuckups etc

Harbour drills: SOCSW
Selection
Occupation
Clearance
Sentries
Work Routine

Bear in mind this is all done within a section or platoon, so doing it on your tod wont teach you a lot. Like I said have a look on Arsse, training wing is probably your best bet. Arguably the most important thing is personal admin in the field, because if you dont look after yourself and you get heatstroke, hypothermia, an infection, rashes etc youll go man down and thats you as dead weight and unable to fight effectively.

Of course you learn to take cover, etc. The very basics, but they're more of insticts.

But problem with airsoft is the range of the weapons. One can easily outrun enemy's bb's even in the open field.
This can negate any tactics that are used in the real world but also create new ones.

This. Theres a video of that asian airsofter on youtube called Fox or something basically doing the MW2 commando perk, he just sprints around with a pistol shooting people in the back. Not something youre likely to do if its real fuckin NATO coming at you.

its not hard to give people military training

Except the person teaching actually has to know what theyre doing. Its like teaching yourself taekwondo from youtube videos, you can imitate the motions but theres nobody telling you what youre doing wrong and you cant expand off of it in any way.

Please tell me that's satire

Luckily yeah its an edit.

Dumb frogposter

airsoft doesn't go to toy. it goes to
literally some of the worst bait I've seen in years.

>My friends mom had to take me to an urgent care center after being shot over 40 times at close range
Maybe you shouldn't have burned that guy's patch, you little shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=AR3T1nfi0H8

>Arguably the most important thing is personal admin in the field

If shit ever actually hits the fan, I can't begin to imagine how many fat neckbeards dressed in tan are going to die in forests after having an ass rash rub raw and turn septic.

Attached: Meal Team Six.jpg (680x1024, 364K)

>but they're more of insticts.
If you've ever paid attention to how people make use of cover in games and such, it most certainly isn't a basic instinct. It's extremely clear that people don't keep in mind important points such as how much of themselves they are exposing from behind cover and the size of the area that the enemy could engage them from.

>One can easily outrun enemy's bb's even in the open field.
Then don't play in really wide open areas where velocities drop to the point where you can outrun bullets?

>not having fun seeing how far you can push your skills in a safe environment so you're more confident using them in situations where they really matter
If that guy can seriously do what you said reliably without getting shot most of the time then either he is incredibly good at coming up with ways to stealthy flank people on the fly and understands exactly how important position is in fighting (to the point where he would likely be quite effective in a real world scenario using a loadout that isn't intended to limit him and using his knowledge to lead others), or your just watching videos of someone trying to have fun when their only available opponents are complete retards.

I've never failed to laugh at most of these load outs that peopel say they'll use to bug out

>3 guns
>500 rounds of ammo for each
>9 magazines for each
>4 kinds of fatigues
>MREs for 12 days
>12 pounds of batteries for their surefire instead of a AA maglight

Meanwhile

>1 liter of water
>Shitty backpack for your 60 pounds of shit
>No spare socks

Kek, either that or be found curled up in a ball with shit stained Crye trousers because they got D & V from drinking stagnant water.

Go LARP some more with mommy's money faggot.

He was doing it against noobs and 12 year olds on a close quarters map that he played all the time. Also the other team were basically doing the equivalent of CoD where theres no team whatsoever just a bunch of people running off and doing their own thing, so it was more about the other team being retarded and him getting the jump on people.

Thats what always gets me about apocolarpers, a load of them think theyre gunna become a one man rambo innawoods. Realistically, if youre innawoods on your own, the only thing you should do on taking contact is try to disengage as soon as possible. You arent gunna be having epic last stand firefights against mindless goons who run forward firing from the hip.

In my normal webbing setup (not mission specific), I can fit:
> 2 litres of water (plus another 4 if I have my patrol pack)
> 1 1/2 days worth of rations
> survival kit inc. survival bag, firestarting kit, signalling kit, cordage, snares and all that shit
> compass, map, tourniquet, ECB, cam cream, head torch with spare batteries, notebook and pen
> 6 mags plus one in the rifle (just because its part of the combat load, otherwise would lose 3 mags and take more water)
> decent knife
> boo boo kit for blisters, burns, cuts, sprains, all sorts of painkillers
> 2 in 1 goretex smock
> gloves

If I had my patrol pack or bergen most of those 'days worth' values could be easily tripled or more, but it goes to show that my basic battle rattle without planning for SHTF could last me several days on the run if rationing.
Most larpers would just have a bag of ramen noodles and chocolate bars that they would have eaten all of after three hours. Then again I can see the worry of having all these guns and all the ammo but when you bug out you cant take much, and itd be quite the dark irony if they did die because they ran out of ammo, so I imagine thats the biggest fear hence why thats the one they overcompensate for.

>It's extremely clear that people don't keep in mind important points such as how much of themselves they are exposing from behind cover and the size of the area that the enemy could engage them from.

Don't try to claim that you learn the same things that the military guys do by airsofting .

Even if you're behind a rock, I've still gotten hit. This is because the bb's drop in an arc. With bullets, they would just fly right over you because they can fly kilometers.
Besides, anything can work as a cover in airsoft. EVEN THE BRANCHES OF TREES. Bullets fly trought things that casual gamers think would stop them.

>A common tree
Goes trought
>A wall
If it's not made out of concrete
>A car
Even pistols can go trought anything but the engine.

Coming from a military guy who likes airsoft

Attached: 1524055489055.jpg (1015x1476, 165K)

This, what is normally cover to airsofters is at best concealment in an actual engagement, unless you have some decent hard cover like a thick wall, bun line or trench.

Attached: 1502596248631.png (553x585, 147K)

Airsoft seems like a fun way to run around innawoods with some gear on.

It is fun, but if you try and pretend in any way its the equivalent or even similar to anything military then its pretty cringe. The more money you spend on gucci oper8r gear, the more cringe it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=nBkDLMrj71Q
Add blanks with real guns and you get this.

Ive been on exercise before, but doing it in a fun environment without a shit ton of kit and the ability to have a BBQ and a piss up after would be cool.

>hurr I'm a military guy
Who didn't do anything related to actual gun use (assuming you aren't completely lying about having served) if your takeaway from me trying to make a point about how most people who play airsoft/FPSes don't understand how to minimize the possibility of the enemy shooting them when they're shooting from behind cover and how correct use of cover isn't instinctive is to go on about the completely different issue of cover vs concealment.

I've never met a single person in the military that dislikes airsoft or has ever said anything bad about it.

It's just gearqueers online that do it so they can brag about the thousands of 22lr ammo they have hoarded to survive shtf unlike airsofters.

No (you) for you.

Attached: not-even-bait-at-this-point-20002241.png (500x522, 64K)

A person has to be a retard if they don't understand in the modern world that high velocity projectiles coming in your direction might hurt, thus they instinctively seek cover.

>correct use of cover
This ain't instinctive, but you don't learn it in airsoft either as I stated earlier.
Even before I served or started airsoft I knew the basics of cover by reading books. Yes. A bookworm will have a higher chance to survive than an airsofter with full gear who doesn't have the facts right.

And for the future of this argument, it has been about this.
>Air soft guys are tough and in a real world situation we would be good with tactics.
In which regard no, no they wouldn't

Attached: 1524057084496.jpg (2048x1109, 206K)

>A common tree
>Goes through
Trees are actually pretty fucking good at stopping bullets. Diameter and type of tree is pretty important though.

Pine stops a bullet if it's approximately 60cm thick and I'm not entirely sure what type of bullet we're talking about.
Regardless, trees aren't bulletproof.

What state? I'd kill for some snow at the end of April.

All of you idiots saying airsoft is stupid don't realize how good of a training exercise it is. I hit up my local field every weekend and been to my fair share of milsims, and I guarantee I could easily beat an actual soldier who sits on his ass in the desert 24/7 in combat, both real or "fake".

Attached: crust first.gif (435x419, 1.91M)

Airsoft LARPing looks fun, but is it worth getting into?

Thats some mighty fine bait there lad. Or some mighty fine delusion.

Rent or pick up a rifle that's cheap but has range and try it. I really like to fondle with my russian gear.

> when your name is Jody and you still get to see combat

>tfw anyone in my street could BTFO a soldier anyday
all that fancy training doesnt do shit against fire, bricks or bombs

Attached: 1516912710214.png (300x300, 110K)

reminder that no ones does airsoft quite like the ruskies
youtube.com/watch?v=0jkTlmFHikg

Attached: hardcore tacticool oper8ter.jpg (783x1024, 393K)

I like Oxide's stuff the most, personally.

> throw brick
> miss because drunk malnourished potatonigger
> get shot
> light molotov and try to throw
> set self on fire because drunk malnourished potatonigger
> get shot
> set up bomb
> blow up civilians
> kill self for being drunk stupid potatonigger

L I K E P O T T E R Y

Never trust a kike

the anglo fears the paddy

Attached: 1518557890136.jpg (620x672, 49K)

If by fears you mean doesnt give a shit apart from laughing at the horrendous failure that is their history, then sure.

Attached: 1523739272758.jpg (976x548, 250K)

Trust me, you dont want it.

Dude this is so fucking funny. The poeple taking it seriously are literally retarded

dam, is this what the amerisharts felt like after vietnam? pretty SEETHING tbhfam

Attached: 1523142161755.png (978x702, 45K)

This.

Kek, says the one whose clearly so assmad about something that happened decades ago he had to post about it on an anonymous gregorian throat singing forum. Nobody cares dude.

>the absolute STATE of that post
>"n-nobody cares dude"
>"b-but we beat dem paddys blimey"
stay BTFO kid

Attached: 1522180068318.jpg (292x400, 14K)

I've been switching to AAA batteeies for as much as my lights as possible from my headlamp, mini lantern, my pen flash light and my Red Dot all use AAA

I love how the irish treat utter BTFOings as victories purely because the Troubles was the least shit of their failed rebellions. Stay shit potatonigger, try again in another half century.

>37725675
>half century
brexi is only a short time away lad,

Imagine being retarded enough to compare being prepared for a bad situation to larping with your parents' money

I want that MR556.

This
You're living under a rock if you're a US citizen and think anyone doing even light prepping is just "larping" without good reason.

>Can't take banter
>Thinks he's tacticool

But Irish people aren’t white.

Imagine how much assmad went into the creation of the image, my sides are in orbit