5.8x42mm

How is China's service cartridge? Anyone have any experience with it.

Attached: 300px-5.8x42_mm.jpg (300x77, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/16/modern-intermediate-calibers-016-5-8x42mm-chinese/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Millions of people do.

Simply put, it is the best intermediate cartridge available. Ballistics are vastly superior 5.56 OTAN, the US would do well to adopt the 5.8x42mm cartridge and replace ageing m4 with the modern qbz-95 rifle.

I agree
*Yuan deposited*

>t.50 cent part poster.
But from the wikipedia data, doesn't 5.8 out of a QZB 95, have better ballistics, than 5.56 out of a 16" m4

thank you, I will soon buy second Vancouver apartment.

The US already tried and discarded it way back in the '70s.

>replace the m4 with a fagpup

Fugg. I actually really like the aesthetic of the QZB 95/type 97.

Attached: type-97-a-004.jpg (1157x452, 162K)

Its a shit cartridge. It doesn't have the punch of a 7.62 and didn't have the hydro shock of 5.56.

Definitely inferior in the wound vectors department.

100% shit Chinese aesthetics

the latest version of the cartridge with the improved steel core is tolerable.
the original version was a trash comittee cartridge , and 5.45x39 is honestly more developed and useful at this point.
>5.8 is to 5.45 as .30-03 is to .308
low powder charge 6mm AR is similar (and arguably still superior)

I never liked the way it looked, then one day, I just suddenly started to like it.

>one day, I just suddenly started to like it
C U C K
U
C
K

it is true, chinese have no sense of beauty

Source?

The 6mm SAW program.
Between them the US and UK have tested just about every possible smallarms cartridge idea.

Canadian here. They're overrated as hell.

>overrated
nobody rates them highly
they are just poorfag incarnate

It sucks, that every bullpup in leafland is so expensive

aren't most of the good ones banned anyways?

The Chinks are smart enough to have this on lockdown.

They probably have different cartridge thickness and power volumes for export.

什麼他媽的你他媽的剛才說我,你這小婊子?我會讓你知道我畢業了我班的頂部的海豹突擊隊,我已經參與了許多秘密襲擊的基地組織,和我有超過300證實殺死。我在訓練的大猩猩戰,我在整個美國軍隊的最高狙擊手。你是我什麼都不是,但只是一個目標。我會消滅你他媽的精度喜歡哪一個從未見過在這個地球上,記住我的話他媽的。你以為你可以逃脫說狗屎我在互聯網上?再想想,笨蛋。在我們發言,我聯繫我的秘密橫跨美國間諜網絡和IP被追踪作為現在讓您風暴,蛆更好的準備。這抹了你打電話

六四事件
Tiananmen Square 1989
八九民运

It's comparable to 5.45 and 5.56, obviously. It has more in common with 7n6 I believe.

Do you even get .50 cent for posting in the wrong language?

Do you even google translate

Attached: 1523405195829m.jpg (676x1024, 146K)

Wrong ranguage
No money fer yeu, yeu want famiry dead?!
I kill noa

What's that case material?

prease no

fixed it for you

Attached: 1523405195829.jpg (677x1025, 331K)

...Yes.

>filthy commie is still alive
You didn't fix shit

spot the idiot

6mm SAW was loaded with heavy bullets and was a more moderate velocity cartridge, along similar lines as most 6.5 Grendel loadings. China's round goes the other way with a lighter for caliber bullet.

wait so are these actually china shills or are these ironic, it's hard to tell

Attached: really makes you think12.png (104x89, 10K)

Source on the ballistics?

Didn't chinks develop their own cartridge just so that there's no market for corrupt officers and senior NCOs to sell the ammunition to?

IS THAT A FAMAS????

Knowing chinks that really wouldn't be surprising

>5.56 OTAN,
> OTAN

are you french or something? USians say "NATO" ftr

>replace ageing m4 with the modern qbz-95 rifle.
bretty good idea :D :D :D

>are you french or something?
Yes.

我在訓練的大猩猩戰
Lol you miss spelled guerrilla for gorilla. You know how funny it sounds Fagt

We don't fucking know, because we don't fucking have it on the market here.

Attached: stare.jpg (352x237, 17K)

Very ebin

>shitty translator
>Swap to ChineseWhat fuck you fuck just said me, you little sister-in-law? I will let you know that I graduated from the top of the class of the SEAL, I have participated in many secret attacks on al-Qaeda, and I have more than 300 confirmed the kill. I was training a gorilla battle and I was the highest sniper in the entire U.S. Army. You are nothing to me but only a goal. I will eliminate your fucking precision like which one I have never seen on this earth, remember my words fucking. Do you think you can escape saying that shit me on the Internet? Think again, stupid. After we spoke, I contacted my secrets across the US spy network and IP was traced as now to make you stormy and better prepared. This wipes you off call

I was training a gorilla battle

What kind of battle is that?

>fagpup

no thanks lets not have that thread again

Did anyone else automatically read this in Ians voice?

>modern qbz-95 rifle
Why is China already phasing out it in favour non-bullpup rifles?

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/16/modern-intermediate-calibers-016-5-8x42mm-chinese/

Basically, it's an intermediate caliber bullet in a small caliber size.

Attached: Yi9HX5k.png (785x450, 30K)

5.56s vs various 5.8.

5.8 are just bigger bullets with heavy steel cores (both hardened and unhardened versions)

Attached: 26_118040_ed023ffd853078c.jpg (1600x1200, 97K)

New DBP-12A tungsten core round would be even heavier and with higher armor penetration at longer ranges.

Attached: DBP-12A tungsten core armor piercing round.jpg (1600x1216, 90K)

Oops, wrong chart. That was for the 5.8x21 pistol bullet and not the 5.8x42mm rifle round.

Pic related is the actual chart.

Attached: Energy.png (872x675, 43K)

Attached: Velocity.png (872x675, 42K)

Attached: Drop.png (872x675, 41K)

Attached: Drift.png (872x674, 43K)

Where did you find ballistic info for the 5.8?

>1 out of every 10000 guaranteed to blow up because chinese quality control
probably fine

No. I read it in a very thick mainlander Chinese accent.

> You little sister-in-law

Attached: 1521870696795.jpg (700x453, 46K)

Most of the good everythings are banned...

Attached: FN_FAL.png (1218x362, 1.68M)

You misspelled misspelled for miss spelled. Idiot.

>mainlander accent
Which one of the 978? By the way, they're all 100% indistinguishable.

>Tfw no commie raifu waifu

Indeed, but they do wanted to replace their old AKs with something in a lighter caliber akin to 5.45 and 5.56. Plus the "arms glory" factor.

>tfw when Frog
>tfw when now we have HK416s produced in Germany instead of a French rifle produced in France

Attached: tfw.jpg (125x120, 3K)

It's misspelled in the copypasta, newfag.

Attached: newfag guide.jpg (1024x1024, 582K)

makes sense, China has some pretty varied terrain, a round with effective penetration would be greatly appreciated

At least you have the best assault rifle money can buy now, vastly superior to anything France could have produced on its own and by itself.

t. Kraut

dumb frogposter

Sure, our traitors in office would never start up a military small arms and ammunition production here ever. That's why they decided to replace the FAMAS, because every spare part and special steel cased ammunition had to be ordered abroad instead of being produced by the MAS, and that was fucking expensive.

Dumb Frogposter.
FTFY

Attached: 1521151528902s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

Rusty ammo.

>best intermediate cartridge
>not based czech 7.62x45
kys

the qbz's are chink pieces of garbage. Hell there is a reason the chinks themselves are starting to go back to a conventional gun.

It seems that only DIE JUDEN are keeping the meme alive.

It’s not exported at all.

>5.8x42
>Export

I will never understand the US military’s move to M855 cancer round.

The T97 isn't overrated at all. Everyone knows it's a thoroughly "okay" gun at best and little else.

Source: owned one. It went bang. It was okay. Sold it and used the money on quality guns.

>tfw people paid $1000 or more for gen 1's and $1200 for gen 2's

Kek. Ian is a Bearded, mandarin slavaboo. That fag is always wearing commie uniforms.

Gen 2 actually looks good now. That cancerous makeshift magrelease has been fixed. Now everything is a-ok.

Dumb frogposter
Dumb frogposter

>USians

Are you from South America, because only they should be butthurt about that.

The article states JBM’s Trajectory calculator was used. The performance difference comes from 5.8mm having a 'huge' case capacity relative to 5.56 and 5.45.

Go away Chang. Do you even internet?

that was the joke you dork.

Al fondo a la isquielda

A tungsten ball? As a penetrator?

That's an interesting design, anybody test this ammo?

At least it isn't popular enough to get banned by name.

Why a ball? Why not a cone for better penetration?

Because commie chink math

>anybody test this ammo?

Yes, the Chinese did. They say it's the best thing ever, super good. And you just know when China says it, it's got to be true and 100% trustworthy.

this is small arms, not missile interception. The barrier of entry is much lower and people design what they design for good reasons.

I mean an impartial third party you autistic smartass

very few western sources have experienced it. The few that did during military exchanges were not in a position to perform comprehensive ballistic analysis. All the technical data we have regarding this cartridge is from Chinese sources, in Chinese.

The best you can get from a 3rd party is an educated guess.

Not much is known, but supposedly it's the most ballistically efficient round in use by a military on the globe.

With all the shit that manages to get stolen and smuggled out of china (priceless ancient artifacts, ivory, millions of tons of fossils, radioactive material), you would think there'd be a big grey market for chinese military equipment/ammunition, right?