How do I deactivate this?

How do I deactivate this?

I want to make snap caps out of them so I can dry fire my rimfires without breaking the firing pins.

PS I'm not interest in drywall anchors.

Attached: 174306i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hkparts.net/shop/pc/Dummy-Rounds-9MM-Set-Of-5-547p17383.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9jOGde4ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump.

I'm thinking of just drilling a small hole in the bottom then leaving them in a cup of water.

do it lel

It's more trouble than it's worth. Just buy plastic snap caps.

Pull the bullet with pliers.
Dump powder
Fire to expend primer.
Reinsert bullet.

Fire them and stick new bullet in?

Not interested.

Attached: FireShot Capture 22 -.png (1216x682, 346K)

>fake bullets more expensive than the real thing
I know it's economy of scale and all that, but what a world we live in
If all you're doing is dry firing just use the empty brass cases.

>shoot it
>seat a boolit in it with no powder
>

You're going to set off a primer inside your gun because you are too cheap to buy snap caps.

This, I keep 22 cases for this reason only but paint them so I can tell whether or not it's live ammunition

>8 whole dollars
>wears considerably less than just using a spent chunk of brass
if you can't fucking afford "splurging" on an 8$ item then you shouldn't be shooting recreationally in the first place.

just use some #4 drywall anchors

>>fake bullets more expensive than the real thing
Have you seen the prices on deactivated .50 BMG? Shits like $5-10 a pop

whenever I dry fire .22, I just shoot already fires brass, and rotate it a little each time.

>deactivated .50 BMG is as expensive as live .50 BMG
for what porpoise

>buy a shitload of .50bmg for $2-3 each
>pull bullet, remove powder, remove primer, insert bullet
>sell deactivated for $10
>sell powder for $10 a pound
is this an infinite money cheat?

this, they fit perfectly and they cost a couple bucks for hundreds

>earn money in exchange for your time accomplishing a task
Working at McDonald's is also an infinite money cheat.

What's wrong, isn't the lead bullet enough to give it away that it's a live round?

Thanks man I learned something today.

Attached: Wall anchor snap cap.jpg (427x512, 78K)

>ribbed for raifu's pleasure

Just bring a spent casing home from the range. I typically have two or three in my range supplies, even when I don't shoot 22, just because spent 22 casings get fucking everywhere.

Will this work on all popular handgun calibers or just .22lr?

think about it for a second and get back to us :D

did it lol

Thanks for the encouragement.

Attached: IMG_5435.jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

wow thanks guy
gonna go apply

You could mix them up pretty easy if you don't think to check.
As a guy that had a 12 gauge go off in a 8X10 room I paint my test shells purple now.

>drilling into a live primer

the absolute madman.

One actually did blow up.

It didn't really do much except make a pop and spray powder all over my face. The bullet popped out of the case but is completely intact. Still this was very startling but half expected it so I had a face shield on.

goddammit.

Attached: IMG_6760.jpg (730x780, 414K)

Pics of case that jizzed on you

Wd40 deactivates primers

Is there a way to deactivate centerfire cartridges without pulling the bullet out of the case?

Attached: IMG_5437.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

Drill a hole in the side of the case and dump the powder? Still going to have to contend with the primer. Will soaking the primer in water from the inside of the case reliably kill it?

It only works because .22 is rimfire.

Attached: 94f.png (680x497, 121K)

Attached: 1442724018072.png (356x256, 107K)

DAS IT MAYNE

This.
Why are some people so low-IQ?

>I want to make snap caps out of them so I can dry fire my rimfires without breaking the firing pins.
Why would you want snap caps that look like live rounds you retard?

good luck friend, I need those fries with light salt

rip the bullet out and pour the powder out then just fire the primer in a safe direction.

you're fucking retarded dude, you could have used pliers to take out the bullet and dump out the powder

Not that, I was asking to see if loading some #4's into a magazine and seeing if they cycle, eject and such. Assuming they don't, cause that's what I'm really after. Guess I'll have to pony up $10 to buy HK brand plastic bullets.

hkparts.net/shop/pc/Dummy-Rounds-9MM-Set-Of-5-547p17383.htm

>hkparts.net/shop/pc/Dummy-Rounds-9MM-Set-Of-5-547p17383.htm
Do they feed backwards?

On some rimefire rifles, you can perfectly dry-fire without any danger ; the firing pin is just short enough to not hit the barrel. It is the case with the CZ 455 for instance. So check that first, it may save you time.

>Poking a hole in a rimfire cartage.
Thats how they go off moron.

Jow Forums
A magical place

Unironically this

This is salient advice, OP.

I have over a dozen.22s and I believe only two of them DON'T have firing pin blocks. Even my Charter Arms Explorer II has a firing pin stop.

I dry fire my .22s constantly.

You can test this easily by folding up a strip of paper and sandwiching the paper between the bolt face and breech face. Pull the trigger, if the paper is pierced, it's not safe to dry fire. If the paper is not pierced, it's fine.

>tfw all these fuck knobs forgot its RIMfire

i believed in you user, you did not disappoint

>Makita

>As a guy that had a 12 gauge go off in a 8X10 room I paint my test shells purple now.
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

LOL

Couple small caveats of using them.

Some firearms can actually feed them, in others they can get stuck. Just be prepared to disassemble if you go that route.

Also, replace them often, between the firing pin strikes and extractor, it can do a number on them

Attached: IMG_4094.jpg (673x697, 137K)

What's wrong with the best 18v lineup of tools, faggot?

I tried pulling a 22lr with pliars many years ago. I couldn't get that fucking thing to budge at all. I tried 2 of them, I marked up the lead and the brass didn't come anywhere close to getting the bullet off the crimp.
What the shit is this you need to fill the back of the things with something.
This has to be some kind of joke you didn't just drill through the fucking things?????

>fire my rimfires without breaking the firing pins.

How old are your rimfires anyway? And on guns old enough you peen the chamber mouth not break the pin. THE ANSWER IS KINETIC BULLET PULLER

what the actual fuck was the point of this?

And here I thought today would be normal

Best answer. Just buy the damn snap caps and be done with it.

>It didn't really do much except make a pop and spray powder all over my face.
Yeah, if you've got eye protection on, it's pretty hard to seriously hurt yourself with a round of live ammunition that's not sealed up tight into something (like a pipe or your hand). The powder doesn't burn fast enough to make a deadly shockwave, and the case is neither long enough nor strong enough to accelerate the bullet to anything remotely resembling the speed it has coming out of a gun, or to throw shrapnel like a grenade.

Not that I recommend it, but you could probably hold a .50 BMG cartridge in pliers and bang the primer on something to make it go off, and get nothing but ringing eardrums and maybe some superficial cuts from bits of brass (assuming eye protection). It should be able to blow the powder out before most of it burns. As soon as you sleeve that cartridge in something, though, and restrict the way the generated gas can escape, it's potentially deadly.

Here's an experiment with setting off .50 BMG specifically:
youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9jOGde4ws
You wouldn't want to be holding it in your hand or have it tight to your body, but other than that, I don't think this could hurt you very badly.

Good to keep in mind the important safety feature of the weak case, and when handling bullets in ways that might set them off, to avoid wrapping them in anything stronger that will restrict the escape of the gas and powder.

Attached: m2-50-caliber-machine-gun-rock-hand-explosion-memo.jpg (1024x1325, 190K)

22 rounds are crimped into the base of the bullet, it's not that easy

>it's pretty hard to seriously hurt yourself with a round of live ammunition that's NOT SEALED UP TIGHT into something (like a pipe OR YOUR HAND)
>You wouldn't want to be holding it in your hand or have it tight to your body
>avoid wrapping them in anything stronger that will restrict the escape of the gas and powder
Obviously, there's plenty of energy there to fuck you up without limit, if it's somehow focused on you.

If you're holding a round tight in your hand, and banging on a machine gun with it, at the moment of impact the powder's got a big steel machine on one side, a heavy lead bullet on the other side, and most of the rest of it is wrapped up tight in the path of least resistance: your own tender flesh. Neither of those other things are going to get out of the way fast.

This is pretty much the worst possible scenario for having a bullet go off, other than in inside something that can act as a barrel. It's also why you never, never, never catch a misfired bullet into your hand as you eject it, in case it's a hangfire.

>It's also why you never, never, never catch a misfired bullet into your hand as you eject it, in case it's a hangfire.
Standard training in Canada was to let it sit in the barrel at least 30 seconds then eject to the floor.
One soldier lost a couple fingers to a 9mm that he ejected into his hand.

>Makita
>best 18v
Dewalt, faggot.

Exactly this. It's 22, you can pull them out with your teeth ffs. Not that I'd recommend trying that, though.

Black and yellow Master race!

Dewalt Hammer Drill 4 Lyfe

Congrats Stupid, you've a new exciting way to produce a squib that you undoubtedly won't notice, then when your gun blows up in your face you'll go around shitposting about how x gun is bad, or y gun is bad because of it. I hate you, Eat shit.

Has anyone’s firing pin ever actually broken from dry firing on a 22lr..?

>Myeyesgazeduponyours.jpg

I have a Springfield model 60(?). I believe that to be the cause of it breaking

Bigger problem is peening of the chamber or end of the pin.
Most .22s were made of the cheapest materials possible and were pretty easy to disable from abuse.

Not a broken firing pin, but an old .22 out in the barn doesn't extract well because the edge of the chamber is all goobered up from decades of dry firing. This thing is old, maybe from the 40s or 50s.

y tho

Attached: rimfire snapcaps.jpg (469x476, 84K)

>What the shit is this you need to fill the back of the things with something.
user I…

>rimfire

aesthetic

rimfire more like rimjob haha

>haha

GET OUT

Bull fucking shit, I've pulled the bullet out of .22 rounds by pushing them into nail holes and bending the bullet out. It's extremely easy unless your arms are fucking noodles you should be able to pull the bullet without issue.

Calm down, he's trying to be cool, but they wordfiltered "m a x p a r" to "haha".

I third this, this is bar none the best option. Although, OP could just live fire their .22 at a range, thus, actually practicing AND not dryfiring at the same time.

Attached: ThinkingPug.jpg (460x423, 17K)

I get your pain breh, especially since rimfire caps will eventually be hammered so many times that the caps have to be replaced.

Attached: Pain.gif (427x308, 1.18M)

I don't get why you wouldn't just use spent cartridges as snap caps.