Why do people always use the argument: “the founding fathers didn’t thing guns would get better”? When the constitution was made that argument was irelevant and it still is now

Attached: FA3D38F5-7F2A-4A52-9FF2-6F212DA240D2.jpg (640x360, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xHK9Xdta9E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caetano_v._Massachusetts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because those people are fucking retards and couldnt formulate a solid argument if their life depended on it

guns fundamentally haven't even changed since then.
>put powder that blows up behind a piece of metal

>This confuses the liberal.

>ignorance is bliss

Attached: 3DED3CBA-81A6-4643-81A6-15620A5718CC.jpg (695x902, 145K)

Might I add : it was easier to murder someone and get away with it in the 1790 than it is today.

>the founding fathers were just a bunch of retards who had no idea that technology would ever progress
>the people who founded a nation had the foresight of a cinderblock, truly!
Bullshit, if anything, they'd probably be asking why more people don't own "military" arms that exist today

Or limiting the freedom of the press to these devices.

youtube.com/watch?v=9xHK9Xdta9E

Our founding fathers were more akin to anarchists until they actually had to make a a system that worked. Anything they wrote literally was intended to be a big fuck you to the government since it was suppose to limit it's power. No, the government does not like this and constantly tries to reverse this since it doesn't work in a globalized world that well.

That's a pretty long CAPTCHA for a single shitpost.

>Why do people always use the argument: “the founding fathers didn’t thing guns would get better”?

I’ve never heard that argument being used.

The Founding Fathers also never thought blacks and women would be able to vote. Should we make that world as real as one where you defend your family with muskets?

Yeah, you just blamed the town witch.

>1790
>town witch
Renaissance was long gone

>what was the mayflower compact

you haven't been part of the whole gun culture thing long, have you?
>2a is outdated, it only applies to muskets!
is an extremely common argument.

The average antigunner uses it because they're ignorant of the constitution, and have been sold the lie that the security can actually be achieved by sacrificing freedom. The politicians and propagandists who convinced them of that because they're malevolent and would personally benefit greatly from a disarmed population, because that population can much more easily be abused by it's government, see: the UK or Germany.

100 million people love ar15s but somehow the founding fathers would've been pants-pissing safe space faggots? George Washington wasnt some faggot who let people die in Benghazi, he crossed the Delaware with his boys, you think if AR15s were around then he wouldn't be handing them out like candy? Imagine a liberal telling me what the founding fathers could imagine it what they'd think. Kiss my red white and blue ass

Because the clowns who say such nonsense are either horrifically ignorant to the 2A or brainwashed into believing that the police would handle everything just fine, which is ironic knowing today's political climate.
For the sake of fairness almost everyone back then was a part of the state militia, something I wouldn't oppose reforming.

Posting these kinds of threads here is pointless. Preaching to the choir. When people post this vague BS, I assume they are no guns.

too many words for liberals

The SCOTUS had to unanimously tell the state of Mass that they are fucking retards for using that argument.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caetano_v._Massachusetts

Reminder that the majority of FUCKING CANONS used to fight the British during the war of independence were owned by CIVILIANS.

>you haven't been part of the whole gun culture thing long, have you?

Since about 1975. I can honestly say I’ve never heard that argument used unironically. I’ve heard some other hoplophobe statements that make my brain hurt, but not that one. Maybe I’ve had a sheltered life.

>he crossed the Delaware with his boys

To kill a bunch of foreigners in their sleep. On Christmas eve. Which is something the rest of the motherfucking world needs to keep in mind the next time they start trying to piss us off.

I shouldn’t have gotten a chubby from that pic.

Also I believe Jefferson received a letter from a merchant captain who wanted to know if the 2nd Amendment gave him a right to arm his ship with naval cannon for defense against pirates. Jefferson replied that it absolutely did.