Is the C-Clamp grip unironically retarded?

Is the C-Clamp grip unironically retarded?

Attached: Chris-Costa.jpg (500x333, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=um8SswgKRPc
youtube.com/watch?v=cWqSt1pv68U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it works... so it cant be completely retarded

Attached: CHRIS COSTA LARPS IN JAPAN.webm (640x360, 2.74M)

yeah that fucking retard Chris Costa what would he know about shooting? hahaha fucking retard, you sure showed him, OP
You should screecap this thread and send it to him so he can see how fuckin' RETARDED he is.

It's a revolutionary technique that has the changed the world of shooting as we know it.

>virgin c-clamp
Chad highpower stance.

Attached: hipowgreen2x580.jpg (580x410, 51K)

if it helps retards shoot, is it retarded?

What's wrong with that? I just sort of naturally do it to AR-15s.

ever play pool?
well in pool there are several reasonable ways to "bridge" the cue. the idea is to control random lateral motion and impact deflection while allowing fore to aft stroke
so, if you look at most of the pool pros, most of them use a bridge which is the most common (pointer finger wrap 3 finger tripod planted heel)
on the other hand, some of them, and some of the best, use unconventional bridges
all pros change bridge depending on the situation to ensure the best result, and are comfortable with most bridges and can get repeatable results
also, pros practice. a lot. they get good at what is most comfortable for them, and end up on a level playing field through effort and discipline

>unironically retarded
yes
>it cant be completely retarded
no
>retarded
yes
> youtube.com/watch?v=um8SswgKRPc

>I just sort of naturally do it to AR-15s.

Do you have weak arms?

I've come to the conclusion that you should just do whatever is most comfortable for you. Forcing yourself into an unnatural body position or using a grip that just isn't comfortable isn't going to be doing you any favors. Some people are weaver stance people. Some people are isosceles people. Some people use the C-clamp. Some people prefer a Magwell hold. When it absolutely comes down to it it doesn't really fucking matter....

The only thing that matters is how airshitters turn everything like this into a fashion show.

he was a nobody in the coast guard.

And he seems to have made quite a name for himself as a civilian shooter. What's your point?

I had to shoot this way for a month because my little pressure pad thing that hooks up to the peq 15 broke, so i would have my left hand c clamped over the top of the peq 15 to press the button. I liked it more than having my VFG all the way out but not as much as VFG in the middle. This was on an m16a4

He has no actual experience in anything, and is just some con man charging thousands to "train" people in things he has never done.

If that were the case you'd think people would have exposed him a while ago, no?
Maybe you should stop being such a butthurt faggot, user

It works. After carrying and shooting for a few hours, you'll notice your hand slowly moving back towards the Maxwell, specially if you been clearing houses for a bit.

>If that were the case you'd think people would have exposed him a while ago, no?

that is the case, look up his history, fat obese mall ninja's have no problem paying, everyone else is laughing.

>you'll notice your hand slowly moving back towards the Maxwell
I want coffee shills on this board to leave!

Sounds like someone is bitter he isn't the famous shooting instructor desu

Attached: 1510857230609.png (256x256, 123K)

plenty comfortable where I'm at, which is more then you will ever amount to.

but nowhere does it imply I'm butthurt about anything, thats all you.

Yeager is the better instructor anyway, he actually has experience firing a gun in combat.

Maxwell was suppose to be Magwell. Trust me, you don't want me to shill my coffee, I get Winco brand coffee.

Projecting much lmao
>yeager

Attached: 1511984621843.jpg (339x330, 35K)

C Clamp/thumb over bore is not what that faggot Costa uses. He uses his own LARP technique.

This is a proper C clamp/thumb over bore (notice how the elbows point down , the support arm is bent and everything is relaxed) and there is NOTHING wrong with it. Ergonomical and used by both competitive shooters and spec ops.

Attached: lamb.jpg (1460x730, 237K)

yes, the fact that I see people use the grip on bolt rifles hurts me more than anything else

Why does this make me sick?

I know right?

Anyone know when that took place? Pretty sure I saw that vid like 6 or 7 years ago.

It was Japan at an Airsoft convention or some shit. He's basically a rock star over there

Yeah I know but I wondering when that happened, not where.

was*

late 2014 or early 2015

Not him but your arm gets tired faster in the C clamp than most other grips so he has strong arms if holding the c clamp is natural for him.

Thx.

Not really. It comes from the competition world where speed is king. You're using your support arm to also control muzzle movement, instead of just supporting/steadying the front of the rifle. Lets you get fast, consistent hits on target, but uses a decent amount of upper body strength in exchange.

If you're just slow shooting, or spending extended periods of time with your rifle up, then it's not ideal, and I don't think anyone claims it to be so in those cases.

Attached: 17951668_1420724797991104_7093297448397470988_n.jpg (640x554, 43K)

>using a stance and grip that functions with you natural body mechanics and compliments the weapons you are shooting at the time
What are you, some kind of faggot LARPer?

C-clamp requires MORE arm strength, you nogunz.

>persec Chris costas face

Lol

Gonna have the rifle up for extended periods? Then don't do it.
Only having the rifle up for seconds/minutes at a time or keeping it at low-ready? Then thumb over bore is fine and helps in several ways. Real basic shit.

Attached: 1518297346269.jpg (672x712, 66K)

>few hours
Lmfao hold the gun at the ready for ten minutes kid

>After carrying and shooting for a
15mins

What is reading comprehension?

>M16a4
Found the pog

That actually looks really comfortable.

Could've been before the CORPS got M4s for Infantry

Attached: 1495391594472.jpg (720x680, 102K)

Anyone who uses a carry handle is a-ok in my book.

the guy in your video literally says that for short engagements c-clamp is the best grip you retard

Dub Dubs and trips of truth

>c-clamp/thumb over bore is retarded
>t. noguns

because it incites remilitarisation of japan

youtube.com/watch?v=cWqSt1pv68U

Attached: Nz3AOPp.jpg (430x600, 55K)

About average, I think.

Yes.

Fuck off fags.

lmao i bet you have twigs for arms

C clamp doesn't even provide any significant benefit. It's just a dumb meme.

Not sure if trolling or just retarded.

Clearly you misunderstood. That's okay, I'm sure that happens a lot for you.

lmao retard

Not an argument.

Gay larpers

b8

>retard
Go do it for an hour and get back to me kiddo.

Kek

this.

Oh look. A bunch of LARPing faggots.

why is everyone so angry?

>unironically retarded?
No, and if you think otherwise you’re a nogunz fuck, a bench shooting fuck, a contrarian fuck, or some combination of the aforementioned.

TOB is great for room clearing and short engagement distances. It provides geart recoil management and lets you really drive the gun where it needs to be- this is pretty important when you’re clearing rooms. It’s not designed for far engagements or any position that isn’t the standing- although if you’ve got something where you can rest the front of your barrel a modified TOB is okay.

It has specific uses and comes natural to a lot of shooters. Anybody else who says it doesn’t have a point has no clue what they’re talking about.

>for short engagements

MY MAN!

test

>It provides geart recoil management and lets you really drive the gun where it needs to be-

hhahah,oh wait you're serious?

Attached: 1469745752228.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

>I shoot one round every 5 seconds off my bench
>all this “controlled pair”, “engage the target till it’s down” and “room clearing” nonsense is a meme
Spotted the bench shooter.

So what is the proper way to hold a rifle then k?

Which ever way is comfortable for you.

Depends how you’re shooting, but it should be comfortable and allow you to manage your recoil.

>short engagements
>The whole 2 rooms the video referenced.
It's the same as adding the tactical cool movement of pulling the slide back instead of depressing the slide release/stop. Did it filter out of the military to the training community? Possibly. Is it something that your going to do all day or over 30 minutes straight? No, no it is not.

Attached: 1519178445582.jpg (768x850, 127K)

It’s not going to wear you out after 2 rooms. After an hour of clearing or so you’ll start to run into fatigue issues.

That being said I don’t know any good shooting stance you can use to clear rooms that won’t leave you feeling tired after an hour. I skipped around through the video, but it’s not like he was offering up a lot of alternatives to TOB for Room clearing.

The c clamp seems to me the best way of doing that

Guys you realize you can put your hands wherever you want on the rail
C-clamp when that feels good or you need to actuate your pressure switch, use a vfg, a more relaxed grip, or magwell grip when it feels right to do so.
It's preference and body mechanics.

Thanks for the cancer. I need it to keep the depression going.

i once had a fudd tell me that using the slide release damages the slide stop

You can make a name for yourself doing all kinds of gay stuff. Doesn't make it less gay.

On Glock handguns it does, same as on my Buckmark. But it's not like it's an expensive part to replace if it wears out.

They are technically only "slide stops" not releases.

you should pull the slide back instead of hitting the release because it is a gross motor movement and is a more reliable action to accomplish under duress

>skipped around through the video
>there_u_go_jpg
Video creator was correct about the med-pak comment.
>alternatives to TOB for Room clearing
There aren't many lil'dude. C-clamp is good for muzzle control in 3-gun precision after room running all day people are going to let it go to the mag-well. Peace out lil'guy bbq'ing. Good chat.

>2018
>doesnt c-clamp w/ 90* elbows

I’ll back that one up. Last time we did a stress shoot we threw glocks on at the end. I had a bit of trouble operating the slide release with shooters glove on versus just racking it. Granted I barely shoot glocks, but it’s still a point.

Saying anything other than "Yes" is a clear indication of severe mental disability.

>he doesn't see the merit of power stroking either
How more could you oust yourself as a nogun?

>med pouch or magwell
Yeah I heard both of those in the video. While they’re both things people do when they’re tired they aren’t great replacements.

Like I said, any good stance for room clearing will leave you smoked at the end of it.

>2008
>Jow Forums loves c-clamp and Chris Costa
>2018
>Jow Forums hates c-clamp and Chris Costa

What went wrong?

>What went wrong?
Nobody likes faggots now.

2008 was when gunfags felt the need to distinguish themselves from the average cawadooty player because aiming down your sights properly and naming specific gun models was no longer enough
ALL 8th graders on earth became bigger gunfags than most adults over night
So most tryhards would gravitate to things that would make them stand out as “experts” to their peers
TOB and “muh build” were ways to stand out and look like a faggot

>Is the C-Clamp grip unironically retarded?

Not entirely. It started as a way to controle full auto/burst.

Hyperextending your arm and blocking your peripheral vision is unironically retarded though.

uhm excuse me, in 2008 i was in the 9th grade. thanks sweety.

>Yeager
This. I like a VFG more than anything. C-clamp looks retarded but if it works it works.

He has never been in a combat situation nor has had to ever defend himself with a firearm. His techniques belong in a trash can.

Advanced chicken wing

What the fug:DD

Me grug me have to show female from tribe how make good shoot
Uff me make tactical grip uff too hard for my spaghetti hand and not hit target
NO she no look
Grain fall out of loincloth

>Why does this make me sick?
Because this is what we would become if we had Japan level gun laws in the US.

Think about how cool it was for them to see an american tactical firearms instructor wearing cowboy boots talking about the legacy of passing down guns to your kids like some western movie. Most of these people will never get to experience the excitement, smell, and recoil of a real guns.