~20 MRBS

>~20 MRBS
>piston AR's are more reliable they said

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/29/leaked-usmc-test-calls-m27-m38-dmr-into-question/

Attached: wNDZakG-660x495.jpg (660x495, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LeWL3EL1ymM
silencershop.com/blog/post/poi-shift
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this doesnt seem that bad if you read the article. army adds random suppressor and old scopes they had laying around to gun. gun starts to malfunction since neither the gun or suppressor were designed for each other. this is standard government incompetence rather than the fault of any individual component.

The M27 will suffer stoppages from any suppressor due to the increased cyclic rate on a gun that already has issues with cycling too fast.

Uhh...wasn't every infantry Marine supposed to receive a suppressor? Did they not check beforehand that the suppressor and rifle that bought tonnes of, would work together?

>MUREENS
found your problem

Attached: HK416 BOBM.webm (640x240, 642K)

>wasn't every infantry Marine supposed to receive a suppressor

No.

Gunner says otherwise.
youtube.com/watch?v=LeWL3EL1ymM

there were adjustable gas systems in the fucking 50's but HK cant figure it out ?

trash gun tbqh

That's nice sweetums.

they changed the ammo too. the guns being forced to do things it was never designed for.

HK makes an adjustable gas block for the 416. I don't know why the USMC didn't make that part of the requirements since they've been talking about widespread suppressor use even before the M27 adoption. Perhaps they probably got caught up in the moment of throwing money at shiny objects.

Attached: Fag Jams HK416.webm (1920x1080, 442K)

>they changed the ammo too

?

retard that makes an adjustable gas system even more desirable, ammunition doesnt matter to a FAL as long as you fucking tune the gas.

> The test was conducted in winter, when temperatures were low, and used Mk. 262 ammunition, a round well-regarded for its consistency and suitability with 5.56mm weapons. However, USMC forces abroad are now using the M855A1 EPR round, which typically produces much higher cyclic rates than Mk. 262. Despite the obvious cyclic rate issues when suppressed, the equipment used to measure cyclic rate reportedly malfunctioned, and no further mention of cyclic rate issues was made until the appendix.

>army adds random suppressor
The 416 is a self regulating gas system that was SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO BE RUN SUPPRESSED. They also used KAC suppressors. These aren't just random items.
>and old scopes
This doesn't have shit to do with reliability and the Mark 4 is the standard SPR optic. I think the USMC uses S&B PMII's for their snipers though.

The author from TFB doesn't seem too smart anyway.
>Coupled with that, point of impact shifts of up to 5 MOA between the suppressed and unsuppressed configurations raise the question of whether the weapon is suitable for suppression at all
POI shift is a well known issue with suppressing weapons. You test and record the adjustment required when taking the silencer on and off the weapon and adjust your optic accordingly. As far as I know this has been common sense for a while now.
>they changed the ammo too
They used the standard issue MK262

Is the bolt over base issue potentially caused by overgassing via the suppressor

The test was conducted before M855A1 was adopted.

If the M38 or M27 cannot handle being fed M855A1 then that is a serious logistical issue.

Want evidence of it being a headache? Look at Japan in WWII with 3 different versions of 7.7 Jap, while retaining 6.5 Jap, 8mm Nambu, 7mm Nambu and others.

Minimize the number of types of rounds you make or make your weapon versatile to handle potential logistical issues which WILL happen.

They are stating in that line that the MK262 in the M38 and M27 is experiencing issues relating to high cycle rates. The author is explaining that the M855A1 round is known to cause EVEN FURTHER higher cycle rate issues therefore the issue will become more profound.

Yes.

suppressor -> increased gas pressure -> faster cycling -> bolt over base stoppages

>If the M38 or M27 cannot handle being fed M855A1 then that is a serious logistical issue.

They can handle M855A1 fine.

Makes sense just wanted to clarify.

Oh really, where does it say they fed the guns M855A1? Cause they are saying with Mk262 its having high cycle rates even in cold weather and the M855A1 is known to produce increased cycle rates unlike the Mk262 meaning the rifle will experience even higher cycle rates when fed M855A1

Attached: 1524801079015.png (679x632, 253K)

>POI shift is a well known issue with suppressing weapons

5 MOA shifts are not normal.

Sure 5 MOA isn't, but 2-3 is. That's a large enough shift you're not going to be shooting without adjusting your zero anyway so what does 5 MOA matter?

>Oh really, where does it say they fed the guns M855A1?

If you meant with suppressor you were not specific in your wording.

Attached: pmag_epm_only magazine failures.png (989x1492, 497K)

>double the MOA shift you would expect
>what's the problem

If it's consistent then you can adjust for it as easily as a 2 MOA shift. It's a military rifle, not a PRS championship piece. Even SilencerCo says it's not a problem until 8 MOA. The threading is probably fucked because HK wasn't expecting the USMC to suppress them so didn't keep the QC that stringent.

silencershop.com/blog/post/poi-shift

>5 MOA shift is okay on a $2k rifle because it's not 8 MOA

Pretty much, yeah. It's supposed to hit man sized targets at 500-600m. It'll mostly be used while suppressed, and if the silencer is taken off at any point it's a non-issue for just turn your dials to adjust for it. The shooter would be doing it for a 2 MOA shift, so it's a non-issue to do it an extra 3 MOA.
>thinking the USMC pays $2k for their rifles
>thinking civilian market prices apply on to military procurement at all.

$30 million for 15,000 rifles.

>United States Meme Corps buys stupid memegun
>Turns out its trash

I’m shocked. Shocked!

Well not that shocked...

Attached: 28299BE2-20E8-480C-87F7-07617E79B8ED.jpg (1167x670, 428K)

>5 MOA shift

Brudda, that makes it literally worse than the specs for the M16A4 it is trying to replace.

And yes you are right, the ISMC didn’t pay $2k per rifle. They paid far, far more.

About as good as the time they outfitted all their Marines with those fancy 1911s and then switched over to Glock 19s immediately after that.

No wonder Marines are so poor.

Considering the size of their budget I doubt that.

Never happened outside of a few marsoc tests.

The issue isn't failures. It's that M855A1 has been shown to cause wear on the M27's chamber which will reduce the service life of the rifle.
AFAIK it's because the round feeds in at different angles to the M4/M16 chamber and the hardened tip scrapes against the chamber

Forgot pic

Attached: 4d029d108debce1fd3d0b8c1a83a1752150f2ce42ecda51a7ce81ff14b486e15.png (1024x495, 523K)

>Pistol only issued to MARSOC
>It failed MARSOC tests

Hmmmmmm.....

>Marine Corps adopts rifle that can’t handle service ammunition.

>while suppressed

It seems like buying more M4A1s and M249s would fix both issues.

no, they did a battalion sized experiment last year though, but they are not going to give every MArine in combat a suppressor

M249 is fucking shit though

>Still falling for the “M27 was supposed to be a light machinegun meme”.

How so, this issue doesn’t effect the M27 when used normally.

Worn the fuck out M249s suck... like all worn the fuck out weapons. New M249s don't have issues unless you use the usgi magazine meme.

Why didn't they just go with Mk 12's?

So the officers who pushed it through can have H&K bux deposited in their accounts.

They literally changed the IAR program requirements to allow the H&K entry to win.

>HK shill still trying to change history
want me to pull out every news articles about Marines official that said the M27 IAR was supposed to replace the 249 ?

You misunderstand, I’m no H&K shill. I think the program top to bottom is retarded.

But the H&K rifle was clearly selected with the intent of being an infantry rifle. That’s why they changed the IAR program special just to get it to pass.

A magazine fed light machinegun/automatic rifle is a failed concept and everybody knows it. It was always a smokescreen to get a new rifle. Of fucking course the USMC lies through its teeth and called it a SAW replacement/supplement.

Now, again, I’m not an HK shill. Because I think the idea of buying these rifles as infantry rifles is retarded. They could have outfitted M4s with the “M4A1+” kit the Army attempted to do and get 99% of the performance for a fraction of the cost.

fugg. what is going on with the 416 that causes the round to even be fed like that? completely erratic.

Doesn't that defeat their reason for getting a 20" barreled rifle?

It’s a 16.5 inch barrel.

Well shit, I stand corrected.

Because they need/want a service rifle.

>A magazine fed light machinegun/automatic rifle is a failed concept and everybody knows it.

Your opinion is duly noted.

I TOLD YOU DAWG!
I TOLD YOU ABOUT H&K!

Attached: FN_SCAR_rifle.jpg (1256x723, 83K)

it happened because the marsoc guys were buying their own g19s anyway.

that would be a felony offense. user, if you have evidence of government corruption then you need to contact federal law enforcement authorities.

It's normal for old beat to shit NT4s.

>plastic lower
>marine proof
No thanks.

Lmao. No government corruption here my good man!

lol, that's why you can easily prove it to a standard that would hold up in federal court.

>p-piston guns run better with suppressors
Pistonshitters BTFO

>implying laws apply to government officials or people with money

nah, it's got far too much spread for my taste. And it's a cunt in the ass to carry

>The 416 is a self regulating gas system that was SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO BE RUN SUPPRESSED.
Even though that may have been the case, I know that CAG-style HK416s had vented gas blocks to stop the insane overgassing from the gun + suppressor.

It's also interesting to note that the newer piston designs incorporate adjustable gas blocks rather than self-regulated piston systems (HK416A5, LWRC IC-A5, SIG MCX)

HK416 is a joke POF416 is where its at

They should have gone with LMT like the New Zealand army.

>every marine must be a marksman!
>picks gun that shoots 15" group at 300m
top fucking kek

Attached: 2013-03-11T111419Z_01_PYO03_RTRIDSP_3_KOREA-NORTH-6365.jpg (606x404, 137K)

Exactly 1911s were never purchased or issued in significant numbers fudds just overreacted.

That's not what POI shift means.

How can you be so fucking nogunz you dont even understand what a poi shift is

>point of impact shift of 5moa when you put a suppressor on it
>bullet now hitting 15" away from where it did before

That's what ya call a 15" grouping, idiots

>fire one round remove suppressor
>fire another put suppressor back on
>fire last round
Whoa guys i dont know what happened to my group

The problem is that shit EPR ammunition.

Good thing we're not buying EPMs and just bought pmags

M855A1 is not the cause.

It is the cause, the hardened steel causes excessive wear on the feed ramps the EPM feeds at a slightly different angle than other mags.

Order for the rifles here are:
>Colt
>Colt
>FN
>HK

Curious how they got the estimated barrel life on the HK so high, but in MRBF the HAMR was the clear winner.

Attached: Hmne8LQ[1].jpg (1440x1901, 217K)

The problem in my oppinon is the Army choosing over pressured rounds to compensate for shorter barrels.. when they should have just switched to .300 Blk out for short barreled riffels.
5.56 was designed to be shot out of a 20' or 18' rifle length gas system' AR.

Oh look it’s another “We should overhaul calibers and go with a meme cartridge” poster.

If they switch to anything that heavy, it would be 7.62 NATO

> SCAR says with a mouth full of chewed optics