Mossberg Maverick 88. Poorfag home defense. Talk to me

Mossberg Maverick 88. Poorfag home defense. Talk to me.

Attached: 42628_1.jpg (835x190, 11K)

its perfect just add a light and ammo

Why? You summed it up perfectly.

i own an h&r padner for home defense and for a 100$ 12 gauge shotgun it works like a dream

Attached: pardnerpump.jpg (700x200, 17K)

do you plan on modding it in anyway?
yes, buy something else
no, its the perfect gun

I would probably add a light since the house is dark and full of terrors. Otherwise any other tacticool bullshit beyond what I'd need to do that seems pointless.

Buy it for cheap and split the difference between it and a more expensive shotgun on ammo and range time so you'll actually know what you're doing if shit goes down.

Is there any reason to get a Maverick 88 over a 500 or 590 if I can afford the more expensive one comfortably?

no. unless you really hate tang safeties for some reason.

if price is not a concern get the 500-590 it has slightly better build quality (stronger pump arms) and they make all the bad ass mall ninja shit for 500-590's

for most users they would never know the difference other than doodad availability.

Get the 500/590. That extra $100 or so is worth it for better build quality and much more aftermarket compared to the MexiMoss.

Buy once, cry once ni[B][B]a

Buy once, cry onec

Unless you can find a used 500 (which is bretty easy, practically any shop has some nice old trade in) a maverick 88 is the best in the business for cheapo shotties.

Nice wood furniture (likely a used gun), more available parts, better safety.

Maverick 88 made by los atrocidedes. Mossy 500 made by goblinos. Either way you lose.

My cousin's 88 blew up in his face.

It's the saturday night special version of a shotgun.

>I'd just invest in a Ruger pistol or something honestly

Shotgun life best life

Attached: Screenshot_20170721-000823.jpg (809x774, 456K)

Why not find a vintage 870 or Mossy at your LGS? I mean the Maverick will shoot, but I would not call it a gun for the apocalypse.

I just bought a Mossberg 930 JM PRO. How bad did I fuck up Jow Forums?

Bought it for skeet

Not OP but how much difference would I feel in an old Remington compared to a new Remington or Mossberg?
I have no experience with shotguns but heard an old Remington or new Mossberg is the way to go. Basically, how well do shotguns age and wear?

The detail I don't like about 870 shotguns is the ejector spring. A 500 has a slotted screw to hold in that part. A 870 uses a rivet. While it is a part that breaks, it isn't one expected to break often. If it does break, changing one in a 870 is a pain in the ass.

Not exactly a big deal. Both are great pump actions. It seems you already know to avoid the new Remingtons, so whatever you pick will serve you well.

They're decent shotguns...they can be a bit finicky with the loading last few rounds in the tube though. They're really soft shooting and will eat low brass.

>how well do shotguns age and wear?
Most people beat the shit out of their shotguns so it's not easy finding a "good" old one. Unless it's some grandpa's prized pheasant blaster or something, which will be overpriced.

Bought this mossy $399 new never had a single issue with it.
No rust yet.

Attached: 20180430_114814.jpg (3264x1836, 1.69M)

Here's my Mav, which is my primary home defender. I added a couple of things, but didn't go too crazy.

Attached: uhdmav.jpg (3024x4032, 1.64M)

>Talk to me
Dirty?

Shotguns age like normal guns. Though people are more inclind to treat em like trash or beaters. The problem with rustington is you have to baby the fuckers or they rust. Normal gun could be oiled and left sitting in a closet or safe for 6months or more and be fine. Meanwhile them rem next to it that was stored in exactly the same way is covered in rust after 2weeks.

I don't mind if the gun is a bit of a beater as long as it functions well.
I was looking at a police trade in 870, and I assume they're pretty beat up visually.

>bolt tube shotty
tell me more

>Talk to me.
Good day, sir. Stay safe.

Literally nothing wrong with it.

Which you legit might, if for some reason you're going with a pistol-grip setup, e.g. a top-folder. (But for a practical home-defense gun, you won't be.)