Wet Warheads

Are Navy Seals trained to use thermonuclear munitions?

If not what other special operation groups are then and/or have access to said weapons?

Attached: 94F7B476-5A9C-443E-892F-4251C44E3716.jpg (946x532, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Light_Teams
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That movie would have been awesome if they left out the aliens. WTF

Then what would have caused the loss of the Ohio class sub, Russians?

Attached: 20228293-143B-4CE7-BF73-4E1829F8B13D.jpg (649x277, 32K)

None. Tactical nuclear weapons are a shit idea and have been recognised as a pretty shitty idea

no user, they needed more of the ays

Why are all of Cameron's theatrical cuts better than his director cuts? Is he just a hack?

What movie?

The Abyss

>Tactical nuclear weapons are a shit idea and have been recognised as a pretty shitty idea

t. Bug Hunt Virgin

Attached: 9B7E99C5-36B9-4D45-A9EA-2629967623AB.jpg (681x375, 40K)

>If not what other special operation groups are then and/or have access to said weapons?
SF in Europe were trained to use nuke land mines as were some EOD and combat eng units

I’ve heard they discontinued the MOS a long time ago and all the demo engineers should be retired.

Attached: 21DCEF59-719B-4A0F-881F-2E3AD5BA1AB7.jpg (900x1200, 137K)

how do they take that with them

who carries the nuke carrying guys food and other shit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Light_Teams
sadm's can still be found on old inventory lists however as far as I'm aware they were all disposed of and the teams haven't been a thing since the 90's

The W54 warhead itself only weighs like 51 pounds and they don’t need to carry much food since they parachute to the objective and then get retrieved

Rumor had it the timers were actually fake and once set they would go off to prevent enemy capture

Attached: 48DBADAA-796C-48A6-8D9F-587CBE4464FB.jpg (525x700, 82K)

>no timer
There was a timer, and there was a detonation switch if the team got made and needed to kill everyone around them, and once set you couldn't stop the timer, and you couldn't move it.

Also known as a suicide mission.

>you couldn't move it.
Motion trigger fail safe?

Attached: 0E74ADCD-5982-468C-AE46-C863ED0F4DAE.jpg (480x640, 70K)

I have to disagree with you anons on this one. I like scifi just fine, but that flic could have made a pretty good drama without the aliens. At the very least they could have omitted the huge space ship and just left us wondering if any of it was real or just hallucinations caused by pressure sickness. I still liked it.

>Then what would have caused the loss of the Ohio class sub, Russians?

I don't remember that. Been a long time since I watched that movie. I think i'll look it up on Youtube.

Not suicide mission, but you can't allow this weapon type to fall into enemy hands.
Yep, to make movement from the target impossible and to prevent destruction by EOD.

>Boomer detects something
>pings it or sets up firing solution; gets wrecked
>Navy goes to deep sea people to assist with recover of ICBMs
>Seals told sub may have been lost due to enemy action

Attached: 673F709E-C9C1-4E16-A864-C3783AC35CB9.jpg (1919x809, 141K)

It was the "Aquaeans" I never believed them to be aliens, they might have existed longer then we have on the planet, and their tech was stupid advanced, in the director's cut they show that they could wipe us out if they wanted to.

Watching it now. It has its moments. Still, they could have done it without the scifi.

I'll say this user, if they made it about aliens or Aquaeans from the beginning, it would have been too generic. They screwed up by trying to combine two movies into one. Could have been a great drama or a scifi. The they try to make the transition gradual but elcipse the scifi portion which invalidates the drama.

You may want to check out Isaac Arthur on Youtube user. His vids are primarily about space exploration, colonizing planets, first contact with aliens, interplanetary warfare etc. Its not really scifi but rather food for thought. My favorite is his vid on cyborgs in which he poses the question "What makes a human being a cyborg". Its pretty good stuff.

What version are you watching? I think the theatrical cut is better but leaves out a bunch of exposition (which is somewhat preachy), it also has less aliens in and has less more of a mysterious feel it. The directors cut feels oddly paced because of the extra shit it in ti.
The aliens and terminator directors cut are also terrible.

I'm watching a crappy Youtube version with a tiny view screen. I'll have to buy it again for the good stuff. I seem to recall watching both versions but that was over a decade ago now.

Dam. At the best part now. The mini sub crashed, only one dive suit. Ed Harris yells "Fuck logic, you take the suit" Mary Elizabeth doubts her decision as she prepares to drown. Forgot how awesome this movie was.

It was fucking James Cameron, after all.

Lol, Yeah.

Show me where Tsing Shi Tao touched you user

Attached: Tao.png (332x327, 175K)

>timers were actually fake and once set they would go off to
Why not just use a bomb then?

>Issac
You mean Elmer Fudd, Ph.D?
>cyborg
Simple, using a machine as a replacement for natural body parts and abilities.
>using a pogo stick
Not a cyborg
>replacing legs with pogo sticks
Cyborg.

So apparently I’ve only ever seen the directors cut and this is the first time I’m realizing this. Sounds like a very different movie

I cant find this anywhere digital. Tell me where

From what i remember the whole [spoiler]"aliens wanting to destroy humanity to save earth" subplot[/spoiler] is missing from the original theatrical cut of the film. It is def a very different film from the dc.

Oops, I spelled it wrong. Isaac Arthur. Its a good vid user. Not really a Jow Forums topic.

>Using a machine as a replacement for natural body parts

Not quite. Does a pace maker make you a cyborg? Not sure. Take it or leave it user. No problem bruh.

>the glow, the wonderful glow! Can you not see it, General?

Attached: (You).png (558x614, 24K)

No, a pacemaker dosent REPLACE your heart, it assists your heart. Neither does glasses, contacts, wheelchairs or crutches.

Replacement is the key thing, replacing your heart with a mechanical one makes you a cyborg, replacing your eyes with mechanical ones does, replacing your body with a machine makes you a cyborg.

I recall someone finding (and posting about) finding something called "SDM(N)" on a FOIA'ed requisition list or something.

Its not exactly difficult to be trained on something like that though tbch. I reckon its just a barrel sized pressure vessel with an ON/OFF switch on one side, everything automated on the inside.

Thermonuclear demolition munitions are not really complicated weapons once you start treating the precision engineered physics voodoo as a black box, dealing with which is best left to "proper" scientists. I mean, you don't train field troops to manufacture factory-quality plastique explosives in a lab either, right? Nope, you give them blocks of C4 and instructions along the lines of "tape this to the target, detonator (thats this stick thing here) goes in about halfway, move to about 100ft distance, then hit this big red button". Nuclear weapons are even easier to handle since the detonators come preinstalled from the factory (or armory, rather), so its just "push zis button to start ze countdown, und be at least tventy kilometers avay from it when it explodes, ja?", turn it on and watch the thing go to work.