Thoughts on the Sig Sauer P228?

Thoughts on the Sig Sauer P228?

I like the bulky German look.

Attached: 896a93a3b1c29dcc60927d81d97b0e2d.jpg (800x520, 130K)

>just now finding out about the P228
Awww you're like a baby. They're great. There one of the only three Sigs I actually like, the German P220, the P228, and the P239. Although I guess the M11 isn't bad because it's pretty similar to the P228. I just prefer sigs without rails.

>bulky German look.
ja.

Attached: xmunich-oktoberfest-2013-german-girls.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dmmw8LRlU_.jpg (500x287, 27K)

Not OP, but I've been looking at the M11 A1. I really want one, but I've heard that SIG has fallen in quality lately. Should I find an older SIG?

Yes

>exeter-NH
>German Sig

I'd bet you that frame is made in Germany while the slide was made in Exeter. Besides, I'd trust early Exeter Sig. The problems came with Cohen. Sig was bleeding out financially and resorted to selling memes to finally turn a profit. They just ended up sticking with memes instead of returning to their roots of producing fine firearms.

I have one, it says west Germany on it and let me tell you of all my pistols THIS one is my favorite, its one smooth operator

>Exeter

Attached: 1397938108535.png (245x279, 156K)

I like the look of Sigs but I dont think I could ever come back to them. I know American made Sigs have the QC of an in-home sweatshop but after growing up on the P220's HORRENDOUS double action trigger I dont think I could ever go back.

My P220's DA trigger pull was as buttery as it gets. I don't know what was wrong with yours.

Attached: IMG_0351.jpg (1632x1224, 539K)

I carry and M11 A1 every day and I love it. Comes with the sig SRT kit, night sights, and is mitrided like the MK 25.

Early Exeter isn't bad like said. I have an '07 226 and it's been just fine since I got it.

How much did you pay for yours? Also, recommended holster?

$700 and I just got a p228 IWB gearcraft holster

>tfw can't find any for under $1k
life is suffering

Attached: sig-sauer-p220-sao-legion-series-45acp-pistol-legion-220r-45-legion-sao-by-sig-sauer-539.jpg (650x433, 36K)

>I like the bulky German look
ja ja ja.

Attached: curvy berlin.jpg (1139x1125, 128K)

It's fuck huge bulky and heavy for a "compact" 9mm pistol like many other designs of the time. Unmanageable? certainly not but it is what it is. I wouldn't wanna CC one, but it'd make a fine range gun, and could be pressed into the role of CC if you really wanna go that route. Capacity is somewhat lacking given for it's size 13+1 standard magazines, but P229 mags bring it up to an acceptable 15+1. P226 magazines are an option for spares too as well. should be able to fix that. No rail so I guess if you like that cool, if not consider the P229.

>I like the bulky German look.
>Designed in the US

>Although I guess the M11 isn't bad because it's pretty similar to the P228. I just prefer sigs without rails.

Current M11 doesn't have them. Not sure they ever did actually.

>I have an '07
>Early Exeter

Cohen took over in 2004 you realize.

It's brutal looking. I dig it

IIRC
>original sig was made in germany and imported to VA

>early sigarms was imported parts mixed with american parts

>NuSig is shit made in NH

P225 and P6 my dude.

Attached: P225-P6.jpg (5312x2988, 2.82M)

My W. German P220 has the worst DA pull of any of my SIG handguns.

Attached: P220-1.jpg (768x401, 78K)

It was the first handgun I ever bought; a buddies grandfather had a pawn shop that he shut down when he retired and I got it for $600. Shit is 98+% condition; I am looking for some nice rosewood or other darker wood grips to maximize the sexy. I used to cc it but my m&p compact really is far more comfortable as a carry gun.

M11 a1 is a fine carry gun. I do daily in AZ and have no problems imprinting.

>bulky overpriced heavy piece of shit
naw nigga, buy a ruger p95 if you want a nice and cheap da/sa aluminum/metal pistol.

This guy knows the score. I have one. Love the SA trigger. Hate the DA/SA transition. Accurate and fun to shoot. That said, I think it's too big and heavy to CC. I prefer to carry a Kahr PM9 or a S&W M&P 9c, depending on what I'm wearing.

That's odd. DA is one of the things Sig is actually good at. I would say it one of the best DA triggers stock without a special DAO like LEM or DAK

I have a P228 that was built in 1996. It was one of those factory refurbished CPO deals. Hands down the best shooting service weapon I've used.

I've also shot a P228 that was built recently. It felt completely different and shot like ass.

Get the old one.

>original sig was made in germany
SIG was Swiss, which is why the P210 is so nice. Sauer are the German shitters who started the decline.
SIG > SIG Sauer > le 56% parts > Exetershit

I know I'm gonna get shit on for this abomination but I will say it felt a lot smoother and crisp on the trigger after I refurbished it. Traded it long ago, but it was a great handgun, a freaking tack driver. This one was made 1990

Attached: 94835793.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)