It was long speculated but Japan is now officially looking if they can effectively operate the F-35B from their two...

janes.com/article/79695/japan-s-mod-releases-study-looking-at-f-35b-for-carrier-ops

It was long speculated but Japan is now officially looking if they can effectively operate the F-35B from their two ships of the Izumo-class. .

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/CuPbh
reuters.com/article/us-japan-defence-lockheed-exclusive/exclusive-lockheed-martin-to-propose-stealthy-hybrid-of-f-22-and-f-35-for-japan-sources-idUSKBN1HR0MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good. I think it's high time the Japs remilitarized. What with all the chink shitposters lately, Nanking 2: Electric Rapealoo can't come soon enough

Exactly this. Liberation of communist occupied Manchukuo when?

How many planes can it have on board? 5?

28 maximum, according to Janes.

The footprint of a F-35B is way larger than of a helicopter.

10 would be in line with what other ships of similiar size and tonnage could operate.

archive.is/CuPbh

>Say you're not building an aircraft carrier
>Make it capable of carrying aircraft
>reiterate that you're not building an aircraft carrier
>Name one of them after an IJN aircraft carrier
>end up using it as an aircraft carrier
10/10 performance from Japan, they're one of our only allies worth their weight.

Hope they name the next one the Nanking to really assblast the chinks.

Attached: 1476163247379.jpg (592x887, 110K)

Izumo was a late 19th century cruiser

Tenno Heika Banzai!!!!

Attached: BFC9554E-FA17-4A47-8125-BE25EA86E71B.png (614x605, 455K)

Can’t wait for Japan to go full military in a few years.

Type 10 best tank

Attached: CA07D103-E2F8-4E71-9021-A6231E8532A1.jpg (1200x800, 254K)

And what is the other Izumo Class Destroyer named, user?

Attached: 1398379116749.jpg (1500x999, 453K)

How long would the Japs need to get the bomb? 18 to 24 Months?

probably -20 years or so.

what is 1945 minus 1941?

depending on political will 6 months to 5 years

6 months

And they already have a launch vehicle aka Epsilon the peacefuru rocketo

oh you

Attached: who-would-win-a-few-atoms-two-large-cities-hiroshima-17451592.png (500x387, 65K)

If the Jap government can get the political mandate to field fighters on board a carrier, then they would probably just build a new and proper aircraft carrier from the ground up.

1 year max. They already have reactors capable of producing weapons fuel, the technological know how, and delivery vehicles. Their biggest hurdle would be politics and bureaucracy.

I cant wait for China and Russia to use WMDs on subhuman american cattle in the next war

What do the crossed lines on the deck mean? I assume you land helicopters there

Have fun in radioactive Beijing, Wong.

>doing this if it's possible to just use the ships they already have and paid for
[x] Doubt

As I understand it the Japanese already have a supply of weapons grade nuke fuel. All they'd need to do is build the warheads and mate them to a rocket. Or forget the rocket and build a device to be dropped from F35, F15 or F2.

If any of the three they'd drop them from their F2s.

How long does it take to ship a large package from America?

Because I'm pretty sure Trump would sell them nukes if they were willing to pay up.

They already reactivated their Marine Corps, which is huge since they haven’t haven’t been active since 1945.

Rape of Naking: Daewoo boogaloo

Attached: 4DA304A3-3734-485A-AA73-4F8F022CB0E3.jpg (650x365, 37K)

It'd be much cheaper to just build the bombs themselves. I think the lowest estimate was something like "several weeks" of work.

If japs start producing nukes expect a China Taiwan Russia and united Korea to blockade the japs until the give up

Attached: The Sun is Rising in the East.png (741x902, 1.78M)

>Janes

They must be some pretty brave nips, what being Marines and using Ospreys.

Nice meme

Underrated post

Which is not optimum. Sure, just to get people used to the idea or proof of concept. But Japan has the ability to build proper carriers if they have the political mandate.

I wish a nigga would, nothing quite makes my day like reading about japs getting slotted

The idea is to do the minimum amount of effort and put forth the minimum possible expense simply for the ability to use F-35s at sea, whatever the requirements for that may be. Simply operating from the Izumos after reinforcing the deck covering is the best way to accomplish that. They also do not yet have enough of a political mandate. They would be expending a great amount of political capital and public trust in order to build those new CVs, rather than simply 'improving' their Izumos, and buying F-35s as 'an aircraft that can operate from a helicopter carrier' rather than actually building 'ships meant to carry fixed wing aircraft'. On one hand, they are merely improving an existing capability. On the other hand, they would be making a clear and blatant shift in their defense-exclusive doctrine to clear and present offensive force projection capabilities.

They're trying to get as strong as possible while making the minimum possible fuss about it. It's a very Japanese way of doing things.

Nips really do love getting a rise out of the ch*nks.
Not that it takes much effort, the chinese get butthurt at anything.

Attached: abe-san.jpg (620x413, 40K)

Japan is a non-nuclear state which is considered to be the 'turn of a screwdriver' away from possessing their own nukes. They know how to missile, they know how to nuclear physics, etc. It would probably take them like two years if they decided to be really autistic about it and not just copy other peoples shit.

Should have named it the Nanking Never Happened just to anger the bugs.

Bomb? Would say 3 months total to have about 12 or so.
ICBM level? They have the fuel, rockets, materials and knowledge. Would say longer about 6 months for first, 1.5 years for more than 10.

>Bomb? Would say 3 months total to have about 12 or so.

Attached: 1409421534544.gif (167x170, 1.32M)

heh

Uranium and plutonium are much bigger atoms then the one depicted user.

Is it possible for civvies to subscribe to janes and view the full articles or is that military only?

Sorry Chang I can't hear you over all the coughing from your smog-choked shithole of a "country"

Based Abe making Nipland Great Again

Would probably make a nice change from the smog desu

Jap uniforms are probably my favourite from WWII.

Gee, what a surprise.

did they call it SNLF? if so i have an erection

Attached: 64564564.gif (220x220, 306K)

> Not knowing about Janes

That makes the centerline elevator even more retarded

Japan literally has a stockpile of plutonium. A couple of months.

Attached: AM-BJ945_JPLUTO_16U_20150714233606(2).jpg (1280x2114, 244K)

>implying they don't have plans and designs under lock somewhere already

I recall that Australia considered using the f35b on its helicarriers. The idea was dismissed because the range of the f35b is so small that it puts its carrier with range of enemy coastal missiles.

It's not an actual marine corps per say. Just one of their infantry regiments have been tasked with amphibious roles. Australia have done the same thing with 6RAR being responsible with their new amphibs.

So...how are those missiles not a concern when it has to come even closer to be able to launch helo's?

Go to bed mike

reuters.com/article/us-japan-defence-lockheed-exclusive/exclusive-lockheed-martin-to-propose-stealthy-hybrid-of-f-22-and-f-35-for-japan-sources-idUSKBN1HR0MM

Probably not going to happen, but an F-22 with F-35 electronics would tear some major assholes.

Why? they're only ever have been able to launch them via direct VTOL, it's not like it has a ski jump for diagonal take-offs.

Cheaper operation means you can use more helos for every F35B.

Bro, the f35b is STOVL, not VTOL

I'm ok with it as long as they GET THEIR OWN FUCKING OIL this time.

You're not STOVL on that hovel m8.

Clearly they need to invent a method for mid-air loading missiles on planes to go along with mid-air refueling.

SNLF are not Marines. They were sailors with guns.

that's literally what marine are in every other military force in existence except the US.

I wonder if they'll be like the Brits and have the Marines operate from them as well.

Anyone can, it's not cheap.

>I'll take what is in flight refueling for $500 Alex.
Dumbshit

>Cheaper operation means you can use more helos for every F35B

But if you are concerned with enemy missiles killing your carrier because you are close to the coast, then having helo's are worse than F35B's, because they have even less range.

thats the part of what that makes no sense

Real fucking tedious and delays mission use while requiring additional airframes on standby whenever you send your carrier out t sea?

That would be marines. Every military outside of the US, ROK and UK call their marines ‘naval infantry’

What is in flight refuelling
What is 500+ NM combat radius with internal fuel

Not all missions require aerial refueling. Also it doesn't delay a mission that much as it takes a few minutes per aircraft to refuel.

Not him but he has a point. There's more logistics involved when you have to assign refuelers to a unit out at sea, and then coordinating proper timing on missions that require IFR to get an accurate intercept. Most other carrierlet countries don't have carrier capable refuelers like we do, so they would have to come from ground airbases. Also, nearly all refuelers are not stealthy at all (with the exception of the stingray, and that's only in prototype phases) and would completely negate the purpose of the f-35.

I understand there's more logistics involved which renders the operation a bit more complicated. Intercepting a tanker per se isn't complicated, like you pointed out it's IFR (TACAN). It is also my understanding that tankers operate far enough from the AO that bandits would not be an issue to them, they would also have HAVCAP if deemed necessary.

But in summary, the capability of having a stealth fighter jet take off from a LHA certainly outweighs the aforementioned issues and it gives an edge to countries who have that capability.

but then helos have even shorter range which makes bringing up range as a sole reason is confusing

need more context

I'm still baffled as to why the UK isn't buying the V-22. Yeah the ramp helps with range, but still, having a carrier-borne refueling capability would be extremely helpful.

they're short on cash
that's the meat, you can sprinkle other reasons like meme22 killing marines and nanny state not wanting big scary military if you want to spice it up

they have a few, but those are tied up to SF i think. or maybe they just lease them

you mean lockmart jewness combined with JSDF procurement shenanigans will tear the jap economy a new asshole

They just need to have more children. Not enough kids being born to replace people naturally dying let alone from a war.