Why are the afghan security forces still such a fucking shitshow?

Why are the afghan security forces still such a fucking shitshow?
>U.S. Forces Afghanistan reported that the actual assigned strength of the ANDSF as of January 2018 was 296,409, which includes 165,622 ANA and 130,787 ANP personnel. These figures represent a sharp decline in strength from the same period last year: the ANA saw a 4,818-person decrease, and the ANP a 23,210-person decrease, for a total of 35,999 fewer personnel in January 2018 compared to January 2017.

>As of January 31, 2018, 14.5% of the country’s total districts were under insurgent control or influence—the highest level recorded since SIGAR began receiving district control data—and 56.3% of districts were under Afghan government control or influence.

>Since SIGAR began receiving population-control data in August 2016, Afghan government control has decreased by roughly four percentage points, and the overall trend for the insurgency is rising control over the population (from 9% in August 2016 to 12% in January 2018).

> From December 15, 2017, to February 15, 2018, the UN recorded an average of 55.9 security incidents per day—nearly four incidents per day higher than the same period two years ago.

>Source: augengeradeaus.net/2018/05/afghanistan-35-000-sicherheitskraefte-weniger-als-vor-einem-jahr/ quoting sigar.mil/pdf/quarterlyreports/2018-04-30qr.pdf

Attached: 201304050734540104.jpg (1000x563, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

meforum.org/articles/other/why-arabs-lose-wars
youtube.com/watch?v=K1H0mB0eK78
youtube.com/watch?v=8ydysa_IEo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>those uniforms
>dixie starts playing but the words have a distinct middle eastern accent

Attached: laugh.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

>poverty
>drugs
>corruption
>tribalism
>shit equipment and training
>incompetent central government

Attached: 2-2-2-2-2-2-is-4-minus-1-dats-free-28688542.png (500x774, 183K)

meforum.org/articles/other/why-arabs-lose-wars

They are Afghans. That means low literacy levels and a culture that abounds in normalized corruption. None to very little schooling. They are in the job for the easiest paycheck they can earn.

They have no sense of national patriotism, they generally don’t give a fuck about actually defeating insurgents and are happy to live and let live, or even sell them stolen gear. That is assuming they don’t outright sympathize with the local insurgent group.

As Afghans they tend to be high as fuck as a normal state. They take training and maintenance of gear as a fucking joke and barely do either. Not like most of them can read the manual anyway.

When they do get in shootouts they set their AK to full auto and shoot one burst at nothing while their buddy takes a cool photo. Then they sit back and get high.

They have zero tactical awareness because they don’t care. They get in lazy patterns and then get BTFO by insurgents in ambushes.

>Why are Middle Easterners grossly incompetent?
Golly gee gosh I wonder

Afghans aren’t Arabs, but yeah most of that applies.

Because of actual racial inferiority.

Those uniforms are ultra-tier aesthetic. Too bad theyre wasted on Afghans

These guys look like a bunch of fucking goofballs holy shit

you forgot mental retardation, either from poor nutrition as infants or from generations of people marrying their cousins. Those people get sent to join the armed forces by the village elders so the village wont hhave to take care of them. Same goes for the petty and not-so-petty criminals, and druggies too.

Oh, I wish I was in the land of opium,
Allah there is not forgotten,
Look away, look away, look away Afghanistan.

In Afghanistan, where I was born in,
early on one sandy mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Afghanistan.

I wish I was in Afghanistan, Hooray! Hooray!
In Afghanistan I'll run away
to live and die in Afghanistan.
Away, away, away down south in Afghanistan.
Away, away, away down south in Afghanistan

Afghanistan is effectively a narco state controlled by a foreign nation. What type of men would fight for that kind of government?

I wish I was in Afghanistan, akbar
Akbar
Akbar

>Fighting for a corrupt, brutal, incompetent and foreign-backed government forcibly put in place after a massive invasion that indirectly killed about 100K people.
Gee, I wonder why.

When I was in Afghanistan, only the (K)ommandos and SF actually did their job. They were the ones that were actually respected by the population, the ones who even had a bit of pride in their country, other than that, the ANA and ANP can fuck themselves.

I think we both know the answer to that ... a lucky boy.

Only good answer.

Right but you failed to account for the fact that the insurgents are afghan as well, vulnerable to most of the same flaws yet by all accounts they're more effective.

they might be room temperature iq hadjis but something about drab blue fatigues just does it for me

The difference is that insurgents are motivated to actually fight. That makes all the difference.

Room temperature in trashcanistan? You need not be so generous.

>small mountain hamlets
>50 generations of inbreeding

>Actual racial inferiority
You dont know do you?

Attached: JPEG_20180501_154120.jpg (406x480, 27K)

Because average IQ 61,3

This
I saw a lot of inbred retards overseas
I mean like clinical low IQ retard types. As in Simpletons. Morons. Feeble-minded. What we now medically call intellectually disabled.
They also have one hell of a cop out....
>Inshallah
Basically it means "God Willing"
If god wanted them to not fuck their sisters, it would not happen. If god wanted them to do the maintenance on their US supplied vehicles, the energy of Allah would rush into them and they would be compelled to take care of their gear. Since all they do is lay around dipping hash and fucking little boys, that is clearly what Allah wills them to do, and you are an islamaphobe if you dare to question allah's wisdom

It doesn't really matter. We are in Afghanistan forever because that is what Israel wants. There is no "winning".

Uneducated
Lack of national cohesion
Language and cultural barriers
Goat and boy fuckers
Corruption
No sense of pride
Derka derka derka, muhamed jihad

How come we never do COIN like David Galula? You know, the only guy to actually suceed in counter insurgency post mechanization and literally wrote the fucking book on how to do it.

Attached: FD8E0C9E-8445-46B0-9BF8-2763F57041F2.jpg (564x477, 57K)

It's as if they didn't take the job seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=K1H0mB0eK78
youtube.com/watch?v=8ydysa_IEo0

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Partly its our fault. We give them billions of dollars of equipment, but our procurement process for it is utterly fucked.
For example, we insisted the ANA switch to the M4, but we did not issue them sufficient 5.56 cleaning kits nor did we issue them remotely enough CLP. They have to clean their rifles with diesel fuel and toothbrushes.
We also didn't issue them manuals for the rifles, so they don't fucking know they aren't supposed to use diesel fuel - that's how they cleaned their slavshit and chinkshit for decades. So like the dumbass GIs in nam, they get killed when their guns foul up and come back asking why we issued them the shitty rifles. Their morale falls and they stay in the fob because the gun won't fucking fire and they don't know why.

ANASOC is good because we directly support them in counterterror combat ops under Freedom's Sentinel. ANA and ANP don't get direct support under Resolute Support except for air strikes in extremis. This is supposed to be changing now that we're ramping the TAAs back up.

Ummmm wut?
I literally had an ETT that I served with that advised and trained these retarded fuckers. I never saw one that didn't use an AK except for the Commandos with M4's that were like the top .0001% the country had to offer and were about on par with a pog national guard unit.
Also, Don't project
Just because you would read the manual for a new gun you were given, doesn't mean an inbred illiterate child fucker will.

my mistake, we issued the ANAs 100,000 M16s, not M4s

Not him, because he sounds retarded, but it depends when you were there and where you went. We standardized the ANA on 5.56mm. All the units I saw had M16A2s. The rifles worked perfectly fine, the issue was the retards behind them would sportatically spray at random with no semblance of tactics. But the guns worked.

>ETT
I believe the changeover to NATO weapons happened some time after you were there.

Child rape.

>All the units I saw had M16A2s
Rustling

Listen and believe.

Attached: DB7B7A74-8817-46F8-A088-234702A7CC82.jpg (900x599, 276K)

Musta been

We pretty much do, ever read Counterinsurgancy by David Kilcullen?

FM 3-24 pretty much is a paraphrase of Galula, in the few places it isn't outright quoting him.

American bailout guarantee

*minus 1 dats THREE, quick mafs
THREE
T H R E E

>Derka derka derka, muhamed jihad
I think this is mostly the problem

Central government ALMOST ALWAYS fails in Afghanistan.

Even the brutal Taliban couldn't lock the tribalshit down.

Nationalism and the insistence that every state must be a nation state is the worst meme of the 19th and 20th Century.

Some countries are better off as tribal confederacies, loose federations, kingdoms, empires, or centralized states. Nationcuckoldry is not for everyone.

A few Hellenic genes here and there aren't gonna make up for rampant inbreeding.

t.child fucking afghan

Because Western backing is decreasing

The Taliban fighters enjoy a compensation package that includes participation (albeit vary slight) in the spoils, taxes, and revenues of the territory.

The Afgan security forces get paid for each month they wear the uniform.

That's a difference that decides battles.
The Taliban know the country and how to run it. Spending billions propping up boy-raping criminals isn't going to paper-over the fact that the Islamo-Puritans are who the locals prefer.

t. Child fucking westerner

What did you expect. All the capable Afghans either left the country or joined the Taliban. Only the laziest and dumbest of all joined the army or the police.

2012-13 and 15.
All the ANA had M16A2s.

From my Terp the Kandak 2IC had a simple leave policy - you want your annual leave app approved, you suck his dick. ANA guys were hanging to get leave and getting pressure to come home to their shitvillage but still not eager to put their app in.
>troop morale is improving...

those retarded inbreeds are less trainable than the average severely impaired retard, and far, far less trainable than dogs. those mutants are the special ed special forces. there isnt enough helmets in the world for all the retards in that country.

Iv heard accounts to tge contrary. Afghan sf and commando are meant to be pretty good. By thus point they run most of their trainung in house too. Heli pilots also pretty capable.

Something to bear in mind is that someone growing up in kabul has very little in common with some pushton growing up in the hills.

ANA units are often posted to areas with a different ethnic make up than their own. Sometimes not even speaking the same language.

Afghan doesnt function as a country as it has never been one. A lot of afghans dont see why their sons should die to make the next valley/town more secure, they see their neighbours as being foreign. If their own home is safe then who cares.

A comparison can be made with scottish highlanders or russian cossacks. Both these groups saw themselves as seperate from other internal groups and the central goverment as tgey did a foreign country. Spent more time fighting their own goverment than any foreigner. They where only brought to heel when faced with annilhation or service, at which point they become folk heros and paragons of their respective military traditions. To do this with the taliban wpuld mean threatining to genocide them, deport them or that they serve the afghan goverment militarily in exchamge for cultural allowances and reward. This approach would not go down well in the modern world

Illiteracy and poor education I think are the real issue. There's a documentary on netflix about it (can't remember the name of it) but there is a US soldier who is trying to transition and he points out they have no fuel. All the trucks are literally on the side of the road with no diesel and they never ordered more diesel because no one can read, no one can do math, no one can fill out the form for fuel and apparently, they can't even look at the gas gauge to see when its about to run out.

I want afghanistan to be independent but they are children. They lack the basic education building blocks to be independent. You need 20+ years of education so the younger generation has the skills to actually run the place.

And even then what is their defense budget? How can they even afford a standing army and afford conflict with the taliban?

To hop onto this point, you know who does have the schooling?

The insurgents who grew up in Afpak/crossborder madrasas. The same madrasas that produced Al Queda and the Taliban.

To me, it looks like there are probably more Afghans of medium education fighting on the insurgent side than on the government side.

Kazakhstan National Anthem better.

I'm reminded of that line from "Charlie Wilson's War".

"We fucked up the endgame." He was absolutely right that Afghans need education to go anywhere.

Our opponents are more educated than our allies.

Also, we laugh at their monkey bar training and their shitshow shooting range training. By western standards it’s awful. But they are TRAINING. Compared to the ANA that’s untold levels of motivation.

Correct. They are putting the work in, and we are shocked when they manage to beat the dudes we train.

An uneducated military cannot compete with opponents who have a medium of education, not without a highly educated military (us) backing them up.

That is why we can never really leave.

>The greeks Wuz nordic
My ancestors :)

I'll be honest, I can barely jump rope. But I sure as shit can do jumping jacks.

That's the problem with scraping the bottom of the barrel for people. And they don't even know how to train the soldiers. There's just a total lack of discipline on all levels.

...all other countries have inferior potassium.
wa wa we wa.