Now that I think about it

When Simo Hayha bagged all those russians, it was a temporary gig. He wasn't a professional soldier.
His actual job was a hunter.
How fucked were the wild game in finland?

Attached: 1520469467399.gif (480x270, 939K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YH63N0GyvxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was propaganda.

vampire loli>cat loli

That is BS and you know it.

i've wondered this too.
on top of his 500+ snipes he has like 2 or 300 kills on a machine gun.
how likely could it be that a ton of our most famous snipers in history have hugely inflated numbers for propaganda reasons?

Finns are alcoholic elves, they have to hunt all kinds of crazy shit in their forests. Orcs included aka Soviets

I'm pretty sure Russians have admitted that he bagged hundreds of their guys.

Found the vatnik.

>how likely could it be that a ton of our most famous snipers in history have hugely inflated numbers for propaganda reasons?

Guaranteed.

Remember, he was shooting without a scope, so even if he was a completely honest man his kill count is only a measure of how many times he thinks he got someone.

That being said, some details are backed up by the other side. The Russians took enough note of him to send snipers after him, so he probably wasn't just playing with his dick in the snow the whole war.

Funny, I could say the same thing back to you.

>through a scope

i don't think that's how confirmed kills are /supposed/ to work.

>Not taking their head
Never gonna make it

Jack Hinson

Regardless of what his true kill count may be, he was considered enough of a threat to have counter snipers hound him out as well as getting the name бeлaя cмepть (white death), so odds are he was a force to be reckoned with regardless. Either way he wouldn't be alone in the propaganda department, I don't think I have to say much about Vassili Zaitsev, as good as he may have been.

yeah the whole 800 or 500 numbers are blatant propaganda. I just like to think he killed about 100 and call that reasonable.

Wild game aren't stupid enough to keep going down the same path other animals are consistently dying on. Only humans are that stupid

Wild animals want to live, so the run away or hide at the drop of a hat.

Russians are convinced suffering and death is their fair share in life, and that attempting to fight against it will only incur divine retribution tenfold worse. Stalin's command structure didn't exactly reward taking initiative either. So start shooting them and they'll stand around until the commanding officer gets clearance form his superior officer to order them to duck. Even if, or perhaps in particular if, said CO was the first one to get shot.

Shut the fuck up, bydlo.

>How fucked were the wild game in finland?
I know he's /ourguy/ and all, but I don't think he was actually a deer-diddler.

Around 200-240, going by official unit diaries.

Pierdol się.

it must be hard being this wrong all the time.

Attached: filDNbe.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Crab = Bat > Snail > Bird > Bee > Doll > Snake > Monkey > Shit > Cat

>monkey that low
>crabfag
>snake on the list at all

really jogs the noggin

Attached: Kanbaru.Suruga.full.1776049.jpg (5776x3749, 1.63M)

I'd be inclined to believe that if the Red Army wasn't such a fucking embarassment during the winter war and if so many of his techniques weren't still taught.

It's propaganda.

He continued hunting elk (moose, not wapiti) years after the war.

>t. assmad commie

...Wait a minute, is she throwing the SICP book?

Isn't this how they found out too?

>Be Finn
>Be excited to finally hunt ruskies
>Being transported in a bobsled with a reindeer attached on a snowy road to fight an overwhelming force
>See massive herd of reindeer
>Wait half your day just to get around them
>Show up to the battle field and all the ruskys are already dead
>MFW
youtube.com/watch?v=YH63N0GyvxM

Attached: ed2fd331d3c8e0ebd3665c77782aec68.jpg (900x860, 207K)

except it wasn't.
Funny how yanks can swallow a story of some German slaughtering 2k yanks in a single day during D-Day, but a hunting midget icing ½k Zerg-rushing Soviets within a year is suddenly like a fairytale.

Bat>Snail>Monkey>Snake>Birb=Bee>Doll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>h>u>g>e>>p>o>w>e>r>g>a>p>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cat=Crab

t. Angry Comrade Ivan

Considering that a unsuccessful hunt meant he starved his ability to hit the mark was the difference between eating and starving.

t. mad russian

>How fucked were the wild game in finland?
There are no wild game in Finland.

>believing bullshit propaganda
kek

Cat > bat=snail> math > Kaiki > spoop > doll > birb > bee > Kagenui > Gaen > monkey > snek > crab

Attached: GataribestgirlwithAK.png (781x671, 900K)

>Funny how yanks can swallow a story of some German slaughtering 2k yanks in a single day during D-Day, but a hunting midget icing ½k Zerg-rushing Soviets within a year is suddenly like a fairytale.
no person buys that story, only subhuman naziboos do.

We did discover his diary 80 years after the happening. He writes about conditions during the war and actual happenings like capturing a ruskie etc, he does briefly mention that he shot 500 ruskies

If it was propaganda then this booklet wouldnt have been in a drawer for 80 years, it would have had beeb published

Considering a totaly average Fin conscript with a Suomi could easily rack up 15-20 kills in a day from a well placed defensive position i have no doubt that he could have gotten those kills with the KP-31.
The Soviets were still doing massed infantry charges into machinegun fire during the winter war after all.

It is only when you get to the whole "confirmed" kills part that it gets dubious since AFAIK he operated without a spotter most if not all of the time.

He wasnt really used in propaganda though, he was even accidentally announced to be dead...

The often claimed 500 + 250 is probably deliberate misunderstanding of various sources. I personally think 500 hits and 300+ kills using both rifle and smg could have been achievable, he was a living legend after all.

He wrote in diary that it was somewhere between 100 and 500.
"confirmed" kills are somewhere in 250

He counted more hits than kills because hits were much easier to confirm.

Guy hides after shoulder gets penetrated
"it's a kill"

>Be a malnourished Russian in winter war
>"Blyat, run towards that machine gun or Il shoot you cyka"
>Get wounded in the shoulder
>Just lie down
>Implying that as a ruski cannon fodder youre making it back, even in a casket

He was officially acknowledged for killing 213 Russians. Where the 500+ numbers come from I have never been able to determine.

Attached: Simo_Hayha_with_service_rifle_and_prize_rifle.jpg (945x1500, 376K)

>Gee Simo! How come your country lets you have TWO rifles?

The second m/28-30 was a gift paid for by a wealthy pro-Finnish Swedish businessman. Simo's service rifle was apparently left behind on the battlefield when he was wounded.

The prize rifle was on display in a Helsinki museum for a long time, but it hasn't been on display since Simo died and most people think he was buried with it.

Attached: simo_hayha_in_retirement_with_his_hunting_rifles.jpg (500x375, 31K)

Target-rich environment against a demoralized enemy that got caught out in the open often.
I could easily see Simo's numbers being real.

>Snake > Monkey

Opinion Discarded

I mean, they're both shit.

Sure Vova, why not say the entire war was propaganda? Finland as a whole's performance was no less outstanding than Simo's

And plus, he was only like 100 m away from the front lines. Soviets all thought he was taking shots from like 300 m away. 7.62x54 will fuck you up from 100 m.

except the consensus by historians is that he did kill around 500

Daily reminder finland fucking lost.

They lost, and gave the Russians enough ground to bury their dead.

More like Soviets failed, since Finland still exists.

Except they succeeded.

Well...

At what? Losing soldiers at a ratio of 5-1 against a largely pre industrial country less then 1/40th its population in order to secure a small strip of land?
And at the same time fail to install its puppet government like in other Soviet and later Warsaw pact states.

Attached: finland_don't_exist.jpg (670x960, 69K)

>At what?
At winning every war against finland.

The most pyrrhic of victories.
>guys we won
>we lost thousands of tanks, hundreds of thousands of men, hundreds of planes
>but, guys
>we got some permafrosted shit land and a few trees

Victories are victories and finns are losers.

So are Germans but everyone jacks off to their losses

Commies are less than animals, so probably not as bad.

Yes, russia "won" but the victory is akin to russia playing Paraguay in in ice hokey and winnig on penalty after playing 5-5. Oh, and Paraguay only managing to find 5 hokey players all in all for the match.

Man for man, russians are some of the worst soldiers in the world.

Attached: 1524857176293.png (1982x1133, 148K)

>Man for man, russians are some of the worst soldiers in the world.

Nice meme.

Attached: image.jpg (800x971, 173K)

I know you are just trying to trigger the vatnik but technically most of the soldiers were Ukranian or from som faraway-istan areas.

why do you think I save that image?

No such soldiers.

So in other words they were Russian soldiers dying by the hundreds of thousands after all?
Interesting.

>dying
winning

Ah yes, i keep forgetting that you slavtards still measure your contributions in WW2 in the number of dead Soviets.

has there been a SINGLE list that places both cat and crab at the top?

Mere statistics.

Stalin would be proud.

Impossible because everyone knows Crab is shit.

Attached: 1509372675257.gif (500x364, 256K)

Death is the solution to all problems.
No man, no problem.

what show?

>Purge all of your officers because they are probably dirty whites
>Be surprised when the zealous commie ex bandit now commisar tells you to charge machine guns as part of a human wave during a blizzard.

Lurk more faggot.

Attached: 1511881400640.jpg (850x660, 131K)

shit taste

I'm sorry your Crab waifu is literally being cucked constantly by Bat.

Attached: 1511288074271.jpg (1200x675, 179K)

Why is she always so cute

Because she's had 500 years to practice.

Attached: 1521253153678.gif (591x251, 2.08M)

>Smug SnailBat

Attached: Fast Erection Switch.jpg (2160x3840, 1.38M)

Bat and Snail are literally the two smuggest characters in the series.

Attached: 1511287120997.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

>she will never kakakakaka next to you

Attached: Shit Taste.jpg (563x520, 34K)

Cat is literally the best character, although Bat and Snail would be the best choices for rrrgi.

Attached: 1521259913122.jpg (1280x720, 410K)

>500yo Vampire with the body of a 9yo roleplaying as a ghost with the body of a 11yo
>How may layers of pedophilia denial are you on?
>Yes

Attached: Hanson.png (198x380, 75K)

What about adult Snail?

Attached: 1492127883888.jpg (1380x1380, 190K)

10/10 would repopulate the world with.

All the bants of regular snail without the constant risk of prison.

Attached: 1508111686080.gif (245x335, 207K)

Gotta confirm that dna evidence guhrka- style

Attached: justgurkhathings.png (499x937, 429K)

So what show?

You have all the knowledge of the internet at your finger tips but you chose to stay ignorant...

Attached: like fucking magic dude.jpg (150x83, 6K)

He didn't do it because of a misunderstanding, he did it to prove a point.

I'd drink with this man any day of the week.

Of course, the whole "misunderstanding" part is just higher ups making excuses.