Jow Forumsombat Fitness

Alright Jow Forums help me out. I want a career in the military or law enforcement but am currently a lard ass. Post your best fitness regimens that will get me in fighting shape.

Remember, the original weapon, the starting place for any warrior is his own body.

Attached: download.jpg (199x254, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2015/06/AP_OperationalFuelingSeries1.0.pdf
navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2013/10/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
navycs.com/navy-challenge-program.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>law enforcement
If you can fit through a door you're in top condition.

> Jow Forums

Read the sticky,it will answer 90% of questions you have.
Hopefully you are serious about getting into shape and not just pretending

Post body pic and ikl hekp u operator

Attached: D712535C-C1D0-4CC9-8CFE-7EE51C1A28FA.jpg (405x267, 19K)

Meh, when I went through the academy the only people who weren't in complete agony were 11B/0311 that attended immediately after ETS. Navy/Air Force/NG/Army Support types were miserable during PT. So were the built dudes; it was the little wiry fucks that skated.

Please delete this image, I don't want people to know what I look like.

Stop eating like a pig and do a lot of cardio. If running is too hard for your lard ass you can start with swimming or biking

Post body, and then post mile/2mile time, max pushups as sit-ups in 2 minutes and I’ll help you

>t. soldier who’s gotten many 300’s (max score) on APFT

SS + GOMAD

Just force yourself to run 3 miles a day on a treadmill. If you can't run it continuously, take walking breaks(but never stop moving completely) and then continue running when you catch your breath.

If you can force yourself to do this 5+ times a week you are 75% of the way towards the improvement you are searching for.

da fuck is that?

Do not want to post myself on here.
Not obese or super fat by US standards just overweight. Took me about 40 mins to run 5K last week.

Post a lookalike then

Just fucking post your body and censor your face and any identifying features you faggot.

>Not obese or super fat by US standards just overweight.
If I had a fucking dollar for every time I’ve heard some say that. They all turned out to be whales
>13 minute mile
Yep

>Took me about 40 mins to run 5K last week.
It's bad but the fact you managed to run 5k is a good start. Keep doing it every second day until you can increase the distance to 8k, and increase your pace. And stop sugar.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that hitting the gym three to four times a day will make you combat fit. Gyms are a terrible place to get the kind of fitness required for military service. Just lifting three times a week won't make you fit, being overall active will (ex. running every morning, wrestling twice a week, and trekking on weekends will).

My best advice is to start fixing your diet and doing some kind of combat sport (boxing, muay thai, bjj, judo, wrestling...). Combat sports are excellent as they develop fighting spirit, balance, coordination, endurance, toughness and agility. Once you have no problem training three times a week, start adding some kind of basic lifting routine to your program. Also keep in mind that soldiers must be good in a variety of athletic disciplines. So run, swim, bike and climb as often as you can.

>law enforcement

Literally just look up the standards for your local agency. I went into the academy with a lifting background with 2-mile runs 2-3x a week on my days off from lifting thrown in there, and I was fine because I made sure that I was able to comfortably meet the standards before I got there. You will lose muscle during the academy if it’s anything like the one I went through. We started out just running 1.5 miles 5x a week for the first 2 or 3 weeks and then worked up to 3-4 mile runs every day. The only “strength” training we did was calisthenics. Most academies in the country are the same way and are geared toward people who have never had a regular training regimen before, so they’re going to be very cardio intensive. Just look up the graduation standards if you can find the information anywhere and make sure that you can comfortably meet them with a bit of a buffer before you get there.

Read the sticky and get out!
Newfag

Attached: 1445970419047.png (1119x2590, 2.76M)

most branches have website giving diet and exercise routines
navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2015/06/AP_OperationalFuelingSeries1.0.pdf
navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2013/10/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
navycs.com/navy-challenge-program.html

>>Jow Forumsfat

Leave it to the military training to get 'combat fit', just focus on loosing weight, getting your cardio way up and just pushups pullups and situps on top of that to keep up your LME up. Most military guys that are 'combat fit' would be best described as lean and mean not massively ripped, since they need way more energy in to keep running. But again this is Jow Forums, get a professional program or read professional material if your serious.

Attached: 1505245492377.jpg (681x549, 71K)

no u, gayboy

Attached: 1504084407937.png (603x458, 238K)

Welcome to the military workout. Designed especially to damage your body.

Worst advice ever.

It will only make you fat.
I don't think OP's intention is to look like Mark Rippetoe

If you're a lard ass you can start by walking with a weighted rucksack or even just walking if you really are a lard ass. Start with something ridiculously low like 1km. Increase the distance with each time. Come back after a month.

>I want a career in the military or law enforcement
Why?

Check out Jow Forums. They have a fantastic sticky that lays out appropriate diet and training for newcomers. But here's the basic gist of it: compound lifts, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and stop eating garbage. For military specifically, you may want to look into rucking as a supplemental activity for weight loss and lower-body endurance.

This guy's onto something with the combat sports. That will smoke the shit out of you. Though I disagree partially about lifting. JUST lifting will not be as efficient as lifting combined with HIIT, fighting, and cycling/swimming/rowing. Plus, I imagine that it's pretty rough to go into combat sports as a total lard-ass.

This is what a real heavyweight champion looks like.

Attached: tyson_fury.jpg (813x960, 77K)

Running, HIIT and calisthenics. Couch to 5k and convict conditioning are good for starters if you don't want to add in HIIT.

>wanting to ruck just for exercise
>doing it for weight loss on top of being a fat ass
rip body