You do own a kevlar bulletproof vest, right user?

You do own a kevlar bulletproof vest, right user?
Show me what you got.

Attached: d2.jpg (270x270, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Hyn7eKfQXPg
spartanarmorsystems.com/spartan-armor-condor-mopc-plate-carrier-and-spartan-omega-ar500-body-armor-platform/
youtube.com/watch?v=IDVuo3wy97g
youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor/polyethylene-level-iii-armor-10-x-12.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>soft armor

user...i...

Attached: image.jpg (248x273, 99K)

>You do own a kevlar bulletproof vest, right user?
Nope I don't think that's a thing.

>triple NIJ-II certified kevlar plates
user... that's enough for a handgun

>kevlar vest
>2018
come the fuck on

Attached: mayflowerapc.jpg (1010x1138, 582K)

>implying plate carrier with kevlar inserts isn't a kevlar vest

I got some midwest ar500 plates that were $50 a pop at the dulles show the other weekend. They are only like 1/4" thick, and say level III, have the rhino liner stuff on them.

I don't expect them to be like sapi plates, but they have to be better than nothing, right? Either way they'll still tank pistol rds, right?

Also what is the cheapest possible plate carrier that is decent? I will almost never wear this thing, I just want one for if the happening occurs, LA riots style so I can sit on my roof with em.

You will literally never use hard armor in your entire life.
Soft armor is actually practical.

I don't get why the fuckers that shit up the board with their "LOOK AT MAH EDC" threads where they show the 9lbs of shit they they carry for every imaginable contingency never advocate for concealable soft armor? My suspicion is that size XXXL armor is really expensive and they sweat too much if they have to wear a jacket at temps above 40F.

Wearing it every day is retardopants, but I keep a II vest handy for armslist transactions and the like.

Level II or IIIA with stab resistance is literally the only kind of body armor anybody really has use for. Criminals aren't going to blast you with an AK, they'll rob your ass with a $90 Jiminez 9mm or some broken metal shard wrapped in tape.

Lvl 3 is good against some rifle rounds iirc. Pistol round are easy to stop, pic related is 1/8th inch thick sheet steel that stopped 9mm, 45, and .357

Attached: IMG_20180317_160642517_HDR.jpg (1008x756, 302K)

>not having all your armslist encounters start with a Mexican standoff in a Walmart parking lot
Is like you aren’t even trying

>gets shot in head

>gets shot in the sack

You will literally never use hard dick in your entire life.
Soft dick is actually practical.

Attached: smug63.jpg (326x245, 11K)

Yeah...I know...but so is half the shit those EDC thread faggots carry. I was just wondering why their retardation doesn't include soft armor. There must be a practical reason that impractical people aren't touting it in their brag threads.

Criminals like powerful handguns. They'll hurt you through your vest, but not through a hard plate.

>Not wearing 2 carriers to protect top and bottom.

Attached: 1522117482483.gif (245x213, 968K)

>Criminals like powerful handguns.
Like the litany of 9mm, .38 special, and .22LR pistols that are constantly recovered by cops?

>Criminals like powerful handguns
such as? Most niggers are using 9mm trash. Any II kevlar insert will stop it.
Unless we're talking about magnum... which is still stopped by kevlar tier inserts. Not a reason to use hard armor.

>doesn't have an argument so resorts to dick jokes

That's what gun grabbers do, buddy.

It's true that they're often ill-equipped, but that doesn't mean they don't get .357 Magnum when they can afford it.

>9mm
>Any II kevlar insert will stop it.
9mm will still hurt you through a soft vest. It can easily break ribs, and broken ribs can kill you outright or stop you from fighting and get you killed.

You don't get more fuddy than using the term "gun grabbers" unironically in year 2018

Attached: k.png (431x432, 339K)

t. gun grabber
The term will go away when it stops being completely accurate.

Got a IIIa vest in the mail as we speak. Plan to get
the additional plates at a later time (probably next month).

Attached: vest.jpg (500x500, 15K)

that shit gotta be murder in summer
id rather die honestly, if that thing doesn't kill me already

Lol, nobody carries half the stuff in the EDC threads because 50% of Jow Forums never leaves the house more than once a week.

T. I know two different Jow Forumsomrades who work from home and rarely leave

>9mm will still hurt you through a soft vest
>will hurt
>will
You seem to be so sure of it. Could you show me an example of incident where properly certified vest didn't prevent this?
You know vests are designed to not deflect too much and this is a NIJ certification requirement, right?

Why would you leave a fortified position unnecessarily? That sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.

youtu.be/Hyn7eKfQXPg

Got soft level III under clothes for work. And also this bad boy with steel IV. for general larping and upcoming race war.

If you don't have some sort of armor and weapon, you may actually be woman.

Attached: IMG_20180502_153213.jpg (3139x2589, 2.14M)

Draco AK handguns are actually becoming really popular among gangs. I've seen a number of drive by's and random shootings that were done with pistol AKs

You sound so sure.

Attached: 300 blk out pistol.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Did you know if something hits you, even if it doesn't poke through your clothes, it's still hitting you? Soft armor prevents penetration of the bullet into your body, and your likely death as a result, it doesn't nullify the impact of the bullet. It doesn't spread the impact nearly as much a hard plate does, so it can be like getting hit in the chest with a hammer. If it stops penetration, probably you'll survive, but it's going to hurt.

This is like the guys who think a Level IV plate means they're 100% okay against a battle rifle or shotgun slugs, or argue "If he's got a ceramic plate, it doesn't matter whether I'm shooting .223 or .308, because the bullet's not getting through anyway." and forget that a ceramic plate basically works by exploding, and if that explosion is big enough, it can still hurt you, it can still punch on you hard enough to smash ribs or throw chips of sternum into your heart. Level IV is not always better than Level III even in single-hit scenarios: there's a range of things where steel will save you and ceramic will let you die, as well as a range where ceramic will save you and steel will let you die.

I sure wish they'd specify more about what's happening there. It sure looks like he's adjusting a trauma plate to ensure it's settled in the right position to take the hit with a minimum of pain. Their concelable vests do have plate pockets.

class III on the front, IIIa on both arms, IIIa on the back.
Bag has two CAT tourniquets and standard trauma kit.

Attached: DSC_0006_7.jpg (2756x3674, 3.02M)

>putinium skull

Checkmate.

Attached: b2_2.jpg (2048x1321, 126K)

Not the other user, but getting shot has at least a chance of incurring bruising and cracking.

Attached: its more painful than it looks.jpg (600x656, 32K)

Not that user, but steel plates with anti-spall coating/pouch and good trauma pads is still best solution for me regarding some prolonged conflict civil war scenario. You won't even feel lower calibers and most of bigger ones are fine too - it will hurt, but it won't put you out of the game. And since it is steel, you really don't have to worry about multihit, accidentally breaking the plate or shelf life.

They are heavier, true. But that is only downside, if you resolve that spalling and trauma pads.

>it doesn't nullify the impact of the bullet.
To some degree it does. Not as much as hard armor (that's pretty obvious), but usually enough to prevent damage to the ribcage. Plus a lot of vests have additional small profiled insert under the main one to help spread the impact better in that area.
which part of "handgun" you failed to understand?

I know my response is a bit retarded. Yes, it will obviously hurt. No, it won't kill you.

Hey, blame the ATF not me.

Attached: ar pistol.jpg (600x400, 94K)

your a funny guy

I mean his point is still valid.

Hard armor is like a condom. It's great to have even though you might never need it...but when and if you do....you'd be lucky to have it.

Ok about you but I'm not a pussy and I intend to defend my life and that of my family against all threats, real or perceived.

And hard armor mitigates some threats better than no hard armor. Don't be a poor fag

Attached: Banegryn.jpg (724x1024, 65K)

Sure whatevs. Case n' point why hard armor is superior t-b-h though.

It is superior in it's main purpose.
It's definitely not superior in wearing, especially hidden.

that's planning for failure

frigg off lahey

>9mm will still hurt you through a soft vest. It can easily break ribs, and broken ribs can kill you outright or stop you from fighting and get you killed.
He's being completely reasonable, ANY handgun round will fuck you up even in body armor that keeps the bullet from penetrating. You're still gonna be hit with the full kinetic force and your body will take the impact. Very possible to get broken ribs, internal bleeding, and bruised organs, particularly from high power ammo. But still you're way better off than you would be without it.

Yup, got the vest, lvl 4 add on and their backpack III+. Before getting shit on. Yes I have also plate with double spalling protection and carrier.

Attached: bulletsafe-bulletproof-vest-1-661x496.jpg (661x496, 21K)

>soft armor

You would be better suited with an ifak and a gun tbqhwy

I mean, I can post the Rick Davis one if you want where he shoots himself point-blank with a .357 mag in soft armor and then shoots three targets.

I am gonna say that while of course it'll "hurt" it's not a fight stopper. Hell, I'm the only one of my co-workers that's never been shot in some kind of vest and they all kept on fighting.

>soft armor
>Not using plate armor

Attached: scar and stuff.jpg (3760x2618, 2.7M)

You will never use a assault rifle in your entire life.
Single shot rifle is actually more practical.

Fucking this.
I don't know where this myth of being shot in armor will disable you came from.
The even more retarded one I've seen is people neglecting helmets because they think they'll still get brain damage.
>pic related, 7.62x39 within 200m

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x1500, 657K)

Would trauma pads behind the kevlar stop this from happening?

>Want a plate carrier
>Everyone shits on my choices because its not a $400 LBT carrier
>Never buy one due to ridicule

Yes and no. It will give it another layer of dampening effect. Once you do that though you are defeating the idea of kevlar being concealable.

hahahahaha
no.
youd have to look like the michelin man

>not having an armored braincase

Attached: gab.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

>I can post the Rick Davis one if you want where he shoots himself point-blank with a .357 mag in soft armor and then shoots three targets.
So why don't you? With, of course, the documentation of exactly what ".357 mag" ammunition he's using and how it was independently confirmed/provided by a provable non-shill with an interest in keeping him honest.

From what I've seen him do, he shoots himself in his fat belly, not in the ribs, and usually puts an inch-thick stack of magazines under the armor to serve as a trauma plate.

A pad certainly helps. A plate is best, but the thicker and stiffer the padding the better.

Just buy the following, tell them to suck it. Hope they dont shoot you. spartanarmorsystems.com/spartan-armor-condor-mopc-plate-carrier-and-spartan-omega-ar500-body-armor-platform/

Attached: For Sparta.jpg (500x500, 68K)

>buying a $400 LBT carrier
>not spending $20 on duct tape and surplus ceramic floor tiles

Attached: laughing hallucinations.jpg (840x560, 111K)

>Recommending Condor to anyone.
Why would you do this? Is that user your enemy?

Just buy Recon or DCS from Warrior or Cubano Cortes from R-Karbid. Solid, battle-proven well-tried carriers - DCS is worn today all over the world and Cortes is used by russki FSB specials. Both under 200 bucks.

>ar500 with thin anti spall coating

Oof.

Buy a cheap carrier and wear it out, witness the faults and learn what makes a $400 carrier worth the money then decide if its worth it to you.

Attached: hesco-4400_1_1.jpg (650x650, 36K)

You don't need gucci gear for $400 to have quality battle-tested carrier, user.

Not being cruel, more get the items. Add layer for spalling & Update carrier as needed. Got to start somewhere.

Warrior DCS is around 150-200 bucks, shipping incl. Recon is around 200-250. Cortes is piss-cheap (under 100) as it is Russian and ruble is weak as fuck now.
Can buy IV. hardox steel plates for 25 bucks
Antispall coating/pouch is around 25 as well

Package you provided with Conmeme is 244 bucks. There is literally no reason to even think about Condor, user. It's shit and it was always shit that not even airshitters want.

What? You're telling me that wearing a 1/4 thickness steel plate isn't practically? Fuck man, really hurting my consciousness here.

implying your subsonic memeshit could penetrate that

SBRs are an maymay

I wouldn't be so sure

Attached: download.jpg (474x321, 38K)

>hardox steel plates

Uhm....no...

youtube.com/watch?v=IDVuo3wy97g

Level IV steel, that shit must weigh a ton

>video of some guy testing who knows what "plates" with obviously not enough thickness
>ALL HARDOX PLATES MUST BE BAD!!!

Stop being a tool. I'm adding my own photos of ACTUAL hardox plate testing. All military grade ammo. Can give list of guns used as well.

3,2kg/plate. It's not that bad.

Attached: front.jpg (2250x4000, 651K)

Backside, zero deformations.

Attached: back.jpg (2250x4000, 503K)

but what if the bad guy aims for your gonads? I'll be naked when SHTF; shock & awe is far more useful.

And the worst damage done here, by 7,62 x 39 mm. Emptied whole mag into it. Twenty rounds from 50m, rest from point blank. Hardox is solid, don't trust every memester on Youtube.

Attached: SA58.jpg (4000x2250, 496K)

I remember reading about light foam plates that float in water that could still stop a rifle round. Was that just Future Weapons bullshit?

Also, isn't the general rule that soft armor is for concealability and hard is for open use? Not unlike concealing a pistol versus having a rifle.

What about wearing a III Kevlar vest with inserts for plates?

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w

When it comes down to it someone is going center mass, not your groins.

ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor/polyethylene-level-iii-armor-10-x-12.html

Vz.58? You in eastern Europe?

>someone is going center mass
Criminals are notoriously poor shots. You should armor every part of the body but what they're aiming at. It is known.

Yes. Birthplace of that gun actually.

This. I have concealable softarmor with blade and spike protection for when I'm bouncing downtown, just wear it under my security button down and no one is the wiser. Have a plate carrier for when shtf

That's really cool, thanks for the link! Does anyone here have experience with those? I've heard UHMWPE doesn't take to heat very well.

So like this?

Attached: juggernaught.jpg (807x454, 87K)

>not wearing soft armor under your plates
>not having modular armor systems available for when shit gets real

>soft level 3
Isn't that a fucking meme? Or are you using the russian system or something?

please no bully I collect surp

Attached: s-l300.jpg (262x300, 10K)

I don't blame you, its aesthetic but fuck I can't believe how useless that was for its job. Shrapnel shredded that shit like it was tissue paper.

they're really that useless?
damn

This cartoon is my life in 4 slots.

It's local-made vest I got when I started working in my current job. Should be III.A.

Attached: diplm.png (473x451, 215K)

Sorry for the mouse icon, it's the best pic I've found.

>Mayflower
My nigga

>Thinks a pistol will penetrate through 1/2 in. Plates and soft armour.