/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Dressed to kill edition

Previous thread LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Attached: 1484415327037.jpg (1200x824, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've broken my arms three times when I was a kid(the most recent time being over ten years ago). I also just had an ingrown toenail "operation" done. Should I mention either of these things at MEPS?

The following changes should be made to cater to current cultural trends, reduce the needs of extreme recruitment/advertising, streamline the budget and make the dod budget expansion a viable option for democrats

>homeless people and literal retards can now enlist in certain mos, such as supply
>people with felonies can get a waiver if they enlist open contract and last 4 years
>you can drop out of army/usmc basic and go straight open contract for navy/af
>incentives for service members who purchase American goods.

Attached: 1525110454151.png (325x302, 178K)

what do officers do? do they actually fight with the troops or are they pencil pushers? asking for a friend

Attached: 1512245289713.gif (500x281, 1.83M)

You dont fight with the troops but you get /slain/ with them.

?

>Should I mention either of these things at MEPS?
Mention either of what things?

damm. but how do i keep men alive?

Attached: 1515888026832.gif (720x720, 78K)

Tell me more about this image. That uniform is aesthetic.

Junior Os are middle management. They take orders from up high and filter them down low with the help of Senior Enlisted to Junior Enlisted. They are responsible for the Enlisted.

That's the basic idea of an officer. What they actually do totally depends on what their job is.

The broken arms and ingrown toenail removal

Sometimes fa+k turns out really well, sometimes not.

Attached: 1483807487972.jpg (960x960, 177K)

I don't know what you're talking about. You've never broken bones or had toenail surgery, right?

Ahh, I see

Attached: image.jpg (504x415, 27K)

Good man.

In all seriousness I'm not going to tell you to lie about it, but I'm also not going to tell you to NPQ yourself for something that doesn't really matter. My officer recruiter told me "if it didn't happen in the last three years, I don't need to know unless it was in patient surgery". Use your best judgement.

>You've never broken bones or had toenail surgery, right?

Of course not. What do you mean I've got "missing toenails," doc? They just there when I put my shoes on this morning.

Attached: Hairy Feet.jpg (1280x723, 90K)

Those are my suggested changes

The only 1 i agree with is the bottom one slightly.

Thanks for the advice, user

Attached: image.jpg (596x628, 94K)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Whats wrong with the others?

You're welcome man. I almost fucked over my career for letting loose some info like that, that the medical "professionals" then blew up into something that wasn't real. You don't want to deal with that hassle and red tape. If you give them an inch they will take 10 miles.

MORE SVU QUOTES

Posted this in the last thread, looking for anymore opinions, advice, insight, or dudes with experience in my situation:
Not gonna lie I’m having a tough time with a serious decision lads.
I’m a really fit guy who enjoys the outdoors and being active. I take pride in my fitness and it’s my main hobby. Obviously I want a job where I’m not sitting around and I’m doing cool shit while I serve.
I’m in talks with a navy recruiter and a coast guard recruiter (really wanna live by the water) If I went coastguard I’d choose the ME rating (wait time is listed as like 3 years but guys are getting to A school in about 1 year) and hope for MSST or MSRT.
If I went Navy I’d definitely slot for Navy Diver. Both of these are great jobs and the lifestyles seem great as well. But as I said I’m having trouble deciding, this is a big commitment and I don’t want to end up being unhappy. I’m trying to decide soon and ship out before summer ends.
Any insight or advice anons?

Attached: 62B6C67B-74A4-4C83-BFA9-5F77224D4D5F.jpg (661x670, 70K)

so what can you do once your a soldier in your free time? do you play xbox, harass the locals, play cards? does anyone ever get raped in the military?

Attached: 1511434258882.jpg (480x360, 26K)

I understand all of them but the drop out of one basic to go to another. Explain your reasoning please.

How many times do i have to say this....

Boogie board accident.

Go navy, fuck coat guard. Do you really want to be called a puddle pirate all your life by even the AF?

Plus youre gonna get pissed off everytime there is a veteran shindig and everyone says youre not mil since CG is under DHS.

Yes

Coast guard doesn't have as much room for advancement as Navy, and isn't considered a "real" branch. Sure it's a very respected thing to civilians, but compared to the Navy, the pros of the Navy beat the pros of the Coast Guard. However if you have problems with where the Navy might send your ass, then Coast Guard might be up your alley a bit more.

Just don't get stuck in a submarine.

Its basically a normal job, youre just on call 24/7 and have to wear a uniform for work. Basically mcdonalds, but on call to pick up shifts whenever they tell you to.

When i was younger, early 20s, i swear we were going out to the bar almost everynight, and there was some party or something everyweekend either at someones house or some event. Pretty much its all social shit until you hit E5/6, then you go pure NEET and stay in your room because you dont want to run into your junior enlisted or officers off base at the bar. Or you start travelling long distances.

I’m American and thinking about FFL, would this be the right thread to ask questions, experience, or should I just make another thread?

Attached: 173339BA-562C-419E-BB4C-E48FC12DD33A.png (3000x1500, 303K)

if you want to fly shit you have to be an officer

>fly shit
doubt my eyes would be good enough to be a pilot lad
>chairforce

Attached: 1525172911465.gif (432x445, 923K)

why do you want to join the F(ucking)FFL

Idk, it more or less has to do with ideals. I think America and it’s instit are really fucking gay, not to say France is much better if not worse.
Ideally I’d like to serve a country like Poland or Hungary that in the very least project an image of Christain values.

In short, idealism

I mean, i can repect that, but still fucking you though.

Looks like typical Congo warlord, just without the aviators

Fair enough

So you want to serve a country with christian values, yet pick the FFL over thr US? Bruh the french are super pro muslim and foreigners, and the FFL is filled with 3rd world heathens.

Maybe do a quick google search about the FFL before you think its some grand adventure

wat do if i bump into a faggot that listens to nightcore and is a massive weeb? can i shot him in the back and claim he KIA?

Attached: le trash man 3.png (570x489, 407K)

It’s why I ask here, might be some people with experience, idk. Looked on google and the website didn’t have any in depth knowledge
As I said previously I’d ideally like to serve a country like Poland or Hungary. If that’s possible.

Really not worried about where the navy would send me. This may have just solidified my decision tbqh senpai Honestly public perception does kinda matter to me as gay as that sounds.

Thanks for the advice lads

Another user in this thread going navy diver.
I can’t really find anything as far as getting prepared for dive School goes its rigorous and the instructors fuck you up in the water. With that being said, does anyone know of any conditioning programs that will get me conditioned in the coming months?

Attached: ABFA2192-B6C7-45CE-ABED-E969732AEE2F.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>OP
>pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Aside from the Azov Battalion (which even then, you are gambling on how much of what is alleged of them is just propaganda) I don't know any foreign that see actual combat and are in a christian country which espouses christian idealism to any real degree. Even then it is a very loose fit. You might be better off joining a mercenary company, though I don't know any that would accept you without prior experience.
It wouldn't hurt to look into the various branches of a countries military or seeing if they have some kind of foreign volunteer service program. A good sign would be if their website has an English section, especially if they are non-EU since that is a very common international language yet those websites are typically made to recruit, so no sense in advertising to outsiders if you only recruit from within.

That part of training is the easy bit. Most of the weeding out process is done at the earlier schools before dive school.

You should be well above over the minimum PST standards.

I'm torn between 11b and 19k what do?

Basically if you get dropped from mcrd or army basic for failing somethjng like swim qual, a ruck hike et cetera you can opt to go to an easier basic as an open contract.

Nope, cant do it, unless you can get dual citizenship there. Look into that.

Otherwise join the us military, dont do ffl because its a real shit show. If you wanna know about FFL youre gonna have to post a new thread, so the 3 or so actual FFL dudes can tell you not to do it as well.

11b, 19k is some meme that this one kid keeps posting about on here that they ride around in humvees and do infantry shit. Hes just mad he got tricked into it and is grasping at straws.

Ya that wont work at all cause, the individual branches have a set budget to spend, so if one pays for you to go to bct, the other will have to pay too, and the first one takes a loss.

How do you go about wacking off at basic? If I dont i'll probably have wet dreams and that would be embarrassing.

There will be times where you can do it but honestly you’re gonna probably just lose your libido while you’re there.

Go in the toilet stall at night while everyone is sleeping. Dont eat the eggs, they got salt peter in them, plus the stress. People always say there isnt salt peter in the eggs, but once i stopped eating them i was getting boners again.

Is it because the meme about the FFL being full of fuck ups isn't a meme or is it because of retarded command and politics, or some combination there in?

If this is true then imma be eating all the eggs because I dont want to be popping boners randomly.

Anyone here with experience in ROTC know how I can maximize the chances of getting a three year campus based scholarship?

Stats:

>7:15 minute mile (can keep that pace for two)

>82 push-ups

>80 sit-ups

>Going to a small school that shares a department with a local private school in the fall

>Already coming in with nearly a semester of college credits due to A.P

>Plan on trying for ranger challenge my first semester and volunteering for every possible thing within the department.

>Good student, can easily make a 3.00+ GPA if I put my mind to it.

My run sucks and I really want to improve it to get my APFT to a 290+. What are some recommendations for run plans?

Attached: 1525012205342.png (635x673, 714K)

Go for it, salt peter raises testosterone, so eat healthy and wear your vest when you do push ups to get some gains.

>Dont eat the eggs, they got salt peter
100% complete and total bullshit

I don't belive the "stuff in the eggs" thing. In OSUT there was a guy who beat off every night on his firegaurd shift. He would even make sure to get a shift with guys who didn't work out in the latrines so he wouldn't be bothered by them.
Then there were the nudes floating around people would cum on.

Its not full of fuck ups, its full of 3rd worlders who got nothing to lose. Every military has a shitty command. Do you really wanna hang around sudanese, and indians? Naturally smelly people.

Well i went to basic 2010 so they might have taken it out when mrs obama changed all the food.

But im not even joking, once i stopped eating the eggs, everything was normal, and when i ate them again, no more boners. So idk man.

Shuttle sprints and 30 60s always do it for me to improve my run. I like to end every workout with a full on sprint until i gas out.

Going to talk to a recruiter tomorrow. Navy would be nice so I can be near water and since I'm an Eagle Scout I get bumped to E-3 as soon as I finish basic. I want to get some action, what Navy jobs see combat?

Attached: 29791786_385851901894512_3864535720129767969_n.jpg (604x340, 30K)

thats anecdotal random evidence you turd.
>what Navy jobs see combat?
obviously seal

Everything on this board is anecdotal evidence. Thats why we come on here for alternate views and second opinions.

Obviously, but I don't want to make a 10 year commitment to a job with a 90% divorce rate when i've got a good thing going with my lady.

Go swcc

Been looking into them a lot, but "the militarys best kept secret" there isn't much info on what SWCC life is like. As much as I am willing to serve, my relationship is a higher priority to me right now.

Dude join the reserves then. So she at least gets accustomed to mil life over time vs active and shove it in her face.

>but I don't want to make a 10 year commitmen
its 6 years, whered you get 10?
Dude any high speed job is gonna be horrible for your relationship.
Maybe navy diver? Theres 2 others in this thread talking about it.
>As much as I am willing to serve, my relationship is a higher priority to me right now.
You arent doing anything high speed then

>dont know how to tie my shoelaces
how do i do it? can i join the marines?

Attached: 1508157697692.jpg (418x745, 82K)

If air force recruiters are never in the office, then what about coast guard recruiters? Do they even exist?

It's a prerequisite, actually.

At least CG recruiters answer the phone.

Dude just pull them tight and shove them in your shoes. Boots are even easier, wrap it round and around your ankle of the boot, and tuck them in.

Most SEALs I've seen interviewed state it takes about 10 years to really be where they want you. even then, there's huge pressure from the community to make a life of it. I've been looking into diver too, but haven't found anything on them seeing combat.

it actually proves you're qualified to be one.

no, really bros how do i do it. im not meming

Attached: 1520644433681.jpg (306x320, 114K)

Attached: noose-640x450.jpg (640x450, 61K)

atleast i know how to tie a noose now, any idea on how to tie a knot?

I’m 32, 5’11, 170lbs. Scored 99 on the ASVAB and will have a bachelors degree very soon. Years ago, in high school, I trained my balls off and could run a 4:33 mile, 1:56 800m, and a 17:06 5k. Since that time I have worked out intermittently, but am definitely out of shape. I get fit pretty fast though when I go for it. My question is this: if I start training today how soon do you think someone like me could be fit enough for RASP? In other words, how long should I push of shipping out to basic, if at all? Mentally I’m a pretty tough dude, but I don’t want get left in the dust because I did not train enough beforehand.

Get as fit as you possibly can before leaving for basic. OSUT, and Airborne School will weaken you pretty badly simply because they don't work you out hard enough there.

oh no no no
NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1525279084412m.jpg (1024x803, 133K)

Thanks for the info.

Is that photo shopped, cause black guy is holding an israeli m16, i can tell from the A2 handguard and the A1 carry handle.

Why do the IDF troops look so ate up?

>go navy
My nighat

Attached: Screenshot_20171229-202847.jpg (1057x1071, 266K)

>nighat
Wtf kinda autocorrect was that lol

They have a lot of conscripts or something right?

Just learn now there's youtube videos for this shit just take an hour out of your day to learn and master it to the point of being able to do it with your eyes closed

>t. learned how to tie shoes at 19

>Dressed to kill edition
More like dressed to steal... filthy groid

Mad because the guy is aesthetic as fuck AND a bodyslayer?

How did you get by for so long without knowing how to tie your shoes? What did you do with your laces?

What the fuck

I just wore boots that I just slid into or tucked them in

How is it possible to get a score of 2 on the asvab?

Even if I was trying to get the lowest score I could, id probably still get at least 5.

Attached: 1525254857462.jpg (800x584, 106K)

I was a god at ninja fapping
>fapped 15 times during normal training
>fapped once in the arctic detroit tier head during table 2
>fapped during day land nav
>got a fap in during the second night of the crucible
>fapped during the foxhole part of soi